Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: David's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Robin is just creepier and creeper.  Smiling at him dotingly in her sparkling white jacket. Something is so off. 

So, there are a lot of LDS in Idaho. I've met a few of them all the way here in Iowa. I looked at Robin's decorating for signs she was LDS (such as pictures of a temple, printed quotes about family life, etc.), just because of her demeanor and style, but didn't note anything. A lot of women, even young women, I know decorate like that.

I'm gonna say her demeanor is very Utah/Idaho LDS to me. She may be what we call 'inactive.' She may have grown up in the Church and left it, but many women I know at church are like that. It's not bad, and is certainly nicer than dealing with vulgar, mean-spirited people.

Y'all don't have to worry. I was a hardhearted, middle-aged, former hippie, east coast, woman before they got to me and the conversion only 'took' so far - as some of you may have noticed. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

And that bedspread. I think Robin was hoping for an 800 lb baby girl 

This is one of those perfect snarks that I will, for some unknown reason, think about when I’m in the middle of trying to teach a very dark and sad poem tomorrow. I will fight the urge to laugh. I do not predict success. Pray for my students 😂

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I miss Lola. I love her wacky wigs and her sassy style! 

Robin goes to Eastern Star or the Ladies Auxiliary of the Rotary club and laps up the praise of her peers "Oh Robin I don't know how you do it! You're a saint!". I'm sure of it.

I think you pegged the sainted Ms. Robin.

I'm gonna have to watch that ear commercial half a dozen more times tonight, aren't I?

I've had ear issues, had tubes when I was 15 and had them removed a year and a half later (my dad said I turned gray when the doctor pulled them out; I was sitting in front of a huge mirror and I was so dizzy I couldn't even see myself), and had to have impacted wax removed by an ENT once because my regular doc couldn't get it out (I worked retail at the time and couldn't even hear customers on the phone with that ear).

I can't watch it. Just no.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I miss Lola. I love her wacky wigs and her sassy style! 

Robin goes to Eastern Star or the Ladies Auxiliary of the Rotary club and laps up the praise of her peers "Oh Robin I don't know how you do it! You're a saint!". I'm sure of it.

Or the S&M Club to whip 600lb clients. There is something less church and more in-cuffs-and-smiling-at-the-press while being stuffed into the paddy wagon about her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Kid said:

His body does not look like he’s in bad shape even though he is obese. His stomach is not hanging and lumps are not hanging off of his legs.

He is still very young...  if he doesn't lose soon, he will develop lymphedemas in a few years.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Really? Didn’t know that! I figured funding was available but thought you had to apply, have good grades etc.

Foster kids get free community college and free tuition at some universities. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

I really feel for Shauna Rae.  I don't know how she is ever going to live on her own looking that young.  She would be targeted by pedophiles.

On another forum, I said that TLC was going for the pedophile demographic with that show.

• Love 2

If they literally follow the book, maybe they will do it!  But something tells me they won't succeed on the first time.   

Here comes 'they are still good for you' despite Dr. Now saying he shouldn't be eating it!

Mental math from a guy who couldn't do 3X9...  I don't trust it!  I will trust the scale!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I have been valiantly fighting an urge to have a dollar menu binge. 

I caved and got me a frozen pizza last week. I usually have a Stouffer's lean cuisine diet pizza on Saturdays, for a treat, but I was feeling wild. 

• Love 5
Just now, DropTheSoap said:

Maybe!

But I’m not eating them all at once. 

What do you do with leftovers?  I feel like they aren't half as good when reheated unless they are commercially flash-frozen...  don't they get soggy? 

2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

If they literally follow the book, maybe they will do it!  But something tells me they won't succeed on the first time.   

Here comes 'they are still good for you' despite Dr. Now saying he shouldn't be eating it!

Mental math from a guy who couldn't do 3X9...  I don't trust it!  I will trust the scale!

I can't do 3x9, but I can calculate any percentage off a sale item. 

• LOL 6