Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Chapter Ten: Mercy

PrincessPurrsALot
  • Start Topic

Desna, our gangster queen of Palmetto, has her final showdown with her nemesis, Quiet Ann. She and her crew prepare to escape from Palmetto but Desna must jump through hoops in this explosive ending.

Series finale.  No more elaborate nails, tight, shiny clothing, and seriously questionable choices about everything ever. 

Original air date 2022.02.06

• Applause 1

There were way too many flashbacks—they felt like padding at this point. I also found it strange that we didn't see much of Desna until the showdown with Quiet Ann in the marina, and that was nearly 45 minutes into the show.

I'm not surprised the women got away, but I wish the means had been slightly less cartoonish. Navy SEALS and Vegas special-effects guys? Come on. It also felt slapped together so the show could kind of gloss over it and get the women and Bryce to Havana. They all seem pretty chipper for a group that will have to stay there for an unspecified amount of time. Even with a lot of money, I'm not sure Cuba is exactly paradise.

At any rate, it's good the show is over. It was time.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Can anyone just cruise into a Cuban marina and settle in as a resident?  I guess it’s as plausible as anything else in the Desna  universe.

With enough money I think you can.  I would expect at some point they might start looking at other places they can move.  I can see them settling into a Caribbean island, if they can find one that won't extradite and where they are unlikely to be identified.  They are thought to be dead.  However, they will also need to get new identities, etc.  Staying together makes it more obvious who they are.  

2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

With enough money I think you can.  I would expect at some point they might start looking at other places they can move.  I can see them settling into a Caribbean island, if they can find one that won't extradite and where they are unlikely to be identified.  They are thought to be dead.  However, they will also need to get new identities, etc.  Staying together makes it more obvious who they are.  

I might have missed it but if Polly is thought to be dead, too, wouldn't her dead husband's kids try to get the money back unless Polly setup a will with a fake relative to get the money? I know. I know. Don't think too hard but there are so many holes😅

• Love 3

Is it unpopular to wish the show runners had left the sweet kids with Black Daddy and let the rest of them burn? I was only sad for QA’s baby and the two girls. The rest of them suuuuck. Hated Clay’s heaven sequence too. I wasn’t really done with the show, but I kinda loved to hate them. 

And as much as I love to suspend disbelief for the ridiculous storylines, Desna should have just said she hired David Copperfield to “disappear” the second boat. I watched twice & still have no idea how that worked. And good thing there are no shady characters to wrestle those cash money millions from them…in Cuba. Where they have that famous “communist healthcare.”  🙃

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, RedInk said:

Is it unpopular to wish the show runners had left the sweet kids with Black Daddy and let the rest of them burn? I was only sad for QA’s baby and the two girls. The rest of them suuuuck. Hated Clay’s heaven sequence too. I wasn’t really done with the show, but I kinda loved to hate them. 

And as much as I love to suspend disbelief for the ridiculous storylines, Desna should have just said she hired David Copperfield to “disappear” the second boat. I watched twice & still have no idea how that worked. And good thing there are no shady characters to wrestle those cash money millions from them…in Cuba. Where they have that famous “communist healthcare.”  🙃

I try to think the Cuba they went to is an AU Cuba different from the Cuba we know.

Loved Dean & the actor playing him. I’ll miss him only. I hope he and his girlfriend & baby(another implausible detail) are happy. Glad the dr is now legit. He loves his cat so I’m rooting for him. Wonder if Dean will tell anyone about Desna’s  message. Terribly campy and totally unbelievable but entertaining, it had its run. 

• Love 6

I think the series was allowed to finish but the budget was tight.  the series got really stupid so I'm glad it's over.  too many killings by the characters took the fun out of it.  plus, they made Desna such a bad person that it was hard to feel glad she got away.  still, love the girls, though.

• Love 2
On 2/8/2022 at 1:32 AM, Arcadiasw said:

I try to think the Cuba they went to is an AU Cuba different from the Cuba we know.

Yes. I kept thinking they somehow time-traveled back to pre-Communist Cuba. What we saw seemed more like a Vegas version of Cuba. 

I also thought that the recording Desna sent to Dean could fall into the hands of law enforcement and result in renewed efforts to capture them. But this ending was primarily fantasy, so it won't keep me awake at night worrying about it. :-)

• Like 1