Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Power of Veto #1; Live Eviction #1

• Start Topic

Yeah! 

Now Teddi can go back to scamming overweight people with her dangerous overpriced diet "plan".

I was worried when the hat almost nailed Todd.  Loved his speech!

Boring Veto.  Carson crushed it!

Well done Shanna.

Who gave the hat to Lamar?  He certainly wouldn't have been evicted.

• Love 8

I forgot how controlled and well-behaved people usually are in CBB. These are professionals, used to being in front of cameras in high pressure situations. Still, it's weird to see how well everyone has reined in their true personalities. Even the Real Housewives are being calm and rational, I guess because they don't feel the pressure of constantly having to create false drama. 

Of course maybe they're just all geniuses at disguising their real feelings. 

I'm realizing that Marai is so hard to read. She makes the oddest facial expressions at times, and I don't have a clue what they mean. I felt vindicated though when her mask slipped a bit in the DR and we saw the true cut-throat Olympic fighter come through. 

ChrisK looks like he's always in pain. It's hard to watch. 

Carson was made for CBB. Nothing fazes him. He's very performative and OTT while also seeming genuine.

Todd is just there. Lamar seems good natured enough, but he seems mostly along for the ride, unlike what Meisha suggested. 

Todrick is going to do whatever it takes to win, but will probably remain friends with everyone. "I wish you were a gay man." Has any woman ever really wanted to hear this? 😁

I expected to loathe Shanna. So far she's been sweet and sensible. I think these people need a huge wine delivery to liven things up. (Not Lamar though. That would liven things up WAY too much.) 

• Love 10

Finally got caught up.  Just watched Episodes 1, 2, & 3 tonight.  Enjoying it, but I have a feeling Carson is going to win it because no one will ever want to vote him out.  

Teddi looks like a younger version of Melissa Rivers.  They could be sisters. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Burning questions from Episode 3:

Why does Chris Kattan hate Todd Bridges so much?  He made sure he didn't get the Mon Won blessing, it was his choice to make him the nominee AND he voted him out.  I'm starting to think he wasn't joking when he told Julie that he hates him.

Are we sure Cynthia is a real "Housewife"? She seems way too compassionate and drama-free to live up to the standard.  Teddi on the other hand fits the mold.  I'm certain she was trying to be on her "best" behavior, but you could feel the resentment burning underneath the surface.  If she had stayed, I think she may have lost her cool at some point.  

• Love 5

I like the kind of puzzle they used for the Veto, but that seems a little...advanced for Big Brother, Celebrity or Regular.  

Did some intern pull Lamar's outfit from the Star Trek costume warehouse instead of the Big Brother one?  It looked like he was dressed in Vulcan Modern.

We've already had the cliche first HOH and now we have the evictee who's incensed because they were playing the game with integrity and weren't given a air chance.   Good times.  

• LOL 13
13 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Why does Chris Kattan hate Todd Bridges so much?  He made sure he didn't get the Mon Won blessing, it was his choice to make him the nominee AND he voted him out.  I'm starting to think he wasn't joking when he told Julie that he hates him.

Are we sure Cynthia is a real "Housewife"? She seems way too compassionate and drama-free to live up to the standard.  Teddi on the other hand fits the mold.  I'm certain she was trying to be on her "best" behavior, but you could feel the resentment burning underneath the surface.  If she had stayed, I think she may have lost her cool at some point.  

Cynthia was probably the most boring Housewife ever.  Pretty much all she ever did was get married every couple of seasons.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, leocadia said:

THIS.  And to think once upon a time I crushed on his ass!  

I bet Todd's snoring opened the dislike box....whatever the case, FUCK YOU MANGO, I hope your freaky anti-social ass gets evicted next, and by of all people, TODD!!

Edited by Yogisbooboo64
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Almost forgot the most important question of all!  

Is it too much to hope that we are done hearing about "MON WON" for the rest of the season???  I spent entirely too much time trying to figure out if it was some kind of inside joke or callback to a previous BB Season.  Mon Won begone!

Edited by leocadia
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

As someone who slept with a snorer for 13 yrs until he got a cpap machine I can TOTALLY understand why anyone would want to vote Todd out for that noise! Unless you've been trapped in that situation you just don't understand how miserable never getting a good night's sleep can be.  It's a true disability and should be mentioned before the first sleepover date! I'm serious-- you dont want to be falling in love with a LOUD snorer. There was nowhere in the house you couldn't hear him, poor guy.  No one's fault, but a disability for sure.  I'd have voted Todd out first thing with no regrets. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Almost forgot the most important question of all!  

Is it too much to hope that we are done hearing about "MON WON" for the rest of the season???  I spent entirely too much time trying to figure out if it was some kind of inside joke or callback to previous BB Season.  Mon Won begone!

From your lips (or fingers, as the case may be) to Production’s ears….

• Love 5

I'm dying laughing.  I thought Teddi was really rude on her way out when she said "Have fun with the douches" which is rude, but maybe accurate, and pretty honest for a BB exit.  But the I realized she said "Have fun with the dishes."  I don't know if they showed it in the broadcast episode but 

Spoiler

The feedsters reported Dishesgate where Teddi told Todd and, I think Lamar, that she wasn't doing their dishes anymore and there was some resentment expressed about that.  

Lamar is really clueless about what he's doing and what show he's on, isn't he?  "Why do we do that?  What's going on now?  Is that a thing?" for every little BB tradition like going to the door to say goodbye, holding the door open to look out as long as possible, waiting for the portrait on the photo wall to turn black and white.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I am predisposed to dislike all Housewives because I hate that shit, but I’m kind of liking Cynthia. I feel vindicated by the observation above that she was basically a bad Housewife.

Marai, on the other hand, is quickly starting to grate. Anyone who walks around saying “Lol…lol…lol…lol…” is pretty much dead to me. 

Just how many skimpy black cocktail dresses did Shana bring?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Lamar is really clueless about what he's doing and what show he's on, isn't he? 

Yeah, he was totally lost about 'procedures' and made a couple really odd statements about everything going on. "Do we sit back down now?" etc.

1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Marai, on the other hand, is quickly starting to grate. Anyone who walks around saying “Lol…lol…lol…lol…” is pretty much dead to me. 

Agreed. She's a little too 'precious' for my liking.

2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

I thought Teddi was really rude on her way out when she said "Have fun with the douches" which is rude, but maybe accurate, and pretty honest for a BB exit.  But the I realized she said "Have fun with the dishes."

This is what my mom is like when she is in a noisy area due to her hearing aids she frequently gets a key word wrong and then has a totally different idea about what someone said! She thought someone was saying her granddaughters were "really catty" when they were actually "really chatty" for examp.

I actually like Misha but she is really reeling trying to keep up with the game and the twists, as to what the smart play should be. She's the classic duck that seems calm while the feet are churning underneath. She would have been much better off not winning HoH. It's too bad because I like odd pairings as her and Todderick seem to be clicking as a strong pair. I loved the look on his face when she was beating the bejeezus out of that pad in the gym room.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah, he was totally lost about 'procedures' and made a couple really odd statements about everything going on. "Do we sit back down now?" etc.

Agreed. She's a little too 'precious' for my liking.

This is what my mom is like when she is in a noisy area due to her hearing aids she frequently gets a key word wrong and then has a totally different idea about what someone said! She thought someone was saying her granddaughters were "really catty" when they were actually "really chatty" for examp.

I actually like Misha but she is really reeling trying to keep up with the game and the twists, as to what the smart play should be. She's the classic duck that seems calm while the feet are churning underneath. She would have been much better off not winning HoH. It's too bad because I like odd pairings as her and Todderick seem to be clicking as a strong pair. I loved the look on his face when she was beating the bejeezus out of that pad in the gym room.

It was Chris Fitz. who watched her beat the pad in the gym.

I dislike her (Misha). She just flip flopped all over. All anyone had to do was go talk to her and they were safe...for that moment until the next person went and talked to her. And Toddrick didn't help by throwing new targets at her every 2 minutes. Misha is not good at BB. Toddrick seems to be but he may be playing a Paul style game being aligned with everyone. I can't believe the group with Carson and Cynthia haven't figured out he is the leaker. 

• Love 7

It was very telling when Teddi named Lamar (dark horse) and Kattan (sleeping his way to the end) as the two people playing the game. She didn't even name Carson or Todrick as the frontrunners, which they potentially would be. But I think Todrick's connections are gonna screw him, since has has to betray everyone he's aligned with at some point (his note about not wanting Carson to know he betrayed him won't work, since Carson could watch all of this back or have his fans tell him after he's out of the house), and Carson's in the minority alliance and a huge target. 

Even when people are not even considering that Todrick could be playing everyone, they're gonna feel most betrayed by him, I think. 

I didn't mind Teddi going, because she didn't seem to have any good reads on the house (thinking Mirai was the double agent, despite her telling Teddi about her target in the first place, for one), but I'm all for her petty ass calling people out on their bullshit. But no, Teddi, you're not the one getting most screwed in your eviction speech. I think the person sitting next to you who got nominated because of a hat-purse is the one who's getting most screwed. And Todd potentially could have gone if Shanna and someone else voted Todd. But I love close votes, so I was glad to see that make a return. 

I am glad to have seen Mirai survive, but she's essentially backed herself into a no-win situation, not unless she personally gets rid of Todrick AND Carson, and even then, it might be difficult for her. I did like her scene with Kattan at the start of the episode, where he's comforting her about being nominated. I was convinced Kattan would have been sitting next to Teddi on the block due to the hat-purse, but I was glad Todrick gave him the final choice. 

Miesha's a messy gameplayer, one who I don't think is in a good spot, and one who I think will be in a worse spot if Todrick ever goes. She's completely lost without him, and I think her noms would have been much worse had Todrick not been in her ear. 

The veto comp was fun. It's the type of competition I think I'd do well at. Maybe not 3:54 well, but fairly decent. 

• Love 2

Ugh, two hours was a lot to get through, and had a lot of padding. I had zero investment in Teddi (or any Housewife) so I'm happy to see her go instead of someone I actually knew.

And she called herself "cute" in the DR. Oh, honey, no.

I dislike her (Misha). She just flip flopped all over. All anyone had to do was go talk to her and they were safe...for that moment until the next person went and talked to her. And Toddrick didn't help by throwing new targets at her every 2 minutes. Misha is not good at BB. Toddrick seems to be but he may be playing a Paul style game being aligned with everyone. I can't believe the group with Carson and Cynthia haven't figured out he is the leaker. 

I agree, and I think she pissed off too many people. Granted, one of them is gone now, but she definitely over-played her first week, and I can't believe she couldn't see how hard Todrick was manipulating her.

As for Carson and Cynthia, if they can't figure out that Todrick is aligned with everyone, they deserve to get voted out.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think the person sitting next to you who got nominated because of a hat-purse is the one who's getting most screwed. 

Every season I look forward to seeing sentences like this that would make absolutely zero sense to someone who didn't watch BB or CBB. 

I've seen BB unitards that were more dignified than the hat-purse. Hilarious. Mon Won really outdid his/her/itself. 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

My favorite was when he asked if they all walk her to Julie. Lol 

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 5
22 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Finally got caught up.  Just watched Episodes 1, 2, & 3 tonight.  Enjoying it, but I have a feeling Carson is going to win it because no one will ever want to vote him out.  

Teddi looks like a younger version of Melissa Rivers.  They could be sisters. 

Don't insult Melissa Rivers like that.  Plus Melissa has a personality.

22 hours ago, leocadia said:

Cynthia was a boring Housewife.  She should have been fired years ago.  Teddi was a horrible Housewife. She is one reason I stopped watching Beverly Hills after the scheming to get rid of LVP.  I would have stopped watching CBB if Carson had gone home first and she had been safe.  Now I can watch a while more until I get pissed off about something else.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Okay...I've kept quiet because I didn't want to be negative when people seem to be enjoying this but I can't help it anymore....I have to put this thing on blast.

Celebrity BB this season can be summed up as Willis, Chris Kattan and a bunch of nobodies that if I had to guess most people have never heard of.

Cringe...99% of this cast is cringe. If I were a gay man I think I would be offended that BIG BROTHER be it celebrity or regular is INCAPABLE of finding a gay man who isn't a walking, talking stereotype right out of central casting. It's embarrassing that CBS choses to represent the community by continuinlly presenting it as nothing but a swishy, flamebouyant, diva type caricatures. Its such backward thinking that you can't believe its happening in 2022.

And this Carson guy is perhaps the most annoying human being to hit the airwaves since the first switch was thrown sending the first television signal into the sky.

Todrick is a Andy-style weasel and I hope playing all sides blows up in his face. The only interesting facet about him is his sudden transformation into THE HIGHLANDER..."There can only be one"

Blonde...I can't look at her without noticing her upper lip. Its so distracting. Sue the plastic surgeon woman!

So basketball player has never seen the show or was he play acting when he was like "We have to walk her out?"

Tinfoil hat in me says production got into Meisha's ear about sending the Asian representation  home (which is fine by me because Moria and Todd are the only people I like.)

I would have felt bad for Teddi but Moria got herself into hot water with Meisha by trying to HELP/WARN Teddi and then early in the episode  Teddi was throwing shade on her.

This is just a horrible cast....I've never bailed on a BB season before but I'm hanging by a thread....I'm only in it for Todd because I grew up on DIFF'RENT STROKES and remember seeing him in FISH too...and for Moria as I have a great appreciation for asian beauties and for ice skaters!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Is it just me, or did Miesha study Frenchie’s playbook before coming into the House?

I guess we'll know for sure if she tries to start a guys alliance called the Cupcake Gang

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Celebrity BB this season can be summed up as Willis, Chris Kattan and a bunch of nobodies that if I had to guess most people have never heard of.

Depends on what TV you watch. Lamar Odom was a member of the LA Lakers, so well known to anyone who follows basketball. Plus he was married to a Kardashian. Carson Kressley was on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, and is also a judge on Ru Paul’s Drag Race. Yes, he’s flamboyant, but that’s always been his shtick. He can be a lot, but he combines it with enough self-deprecation that I generally find him enjoyable. He (along with Todd Bridges) is the one I was most looking forward to.

I’m sure the Housewives are known to the many many people who watch Housewives shows. (Not me.) If I were an N’Synch fan I’d know Chris Kirkpatrick, and if I watched the Olympics I expect I’d recognize Mirai.

Obviously, this is not an A-list cast.  It’s not even B-list— maybe C, if you squint hard. But does anyone honestly think that “real” celebs like Justin Timberlake or Ru Paul are going to live on the hamster wheel, under constant surveillance, for 3 weeks? No, the best we’re ever going to get is Justin- and Ru-adjacent.

Which is fine with me. Sometimes, those with the least to lose are the most fun to watch.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, North of Eden said:

And this Carson guy is perhaps the most annoying human being

If you think Carson is annoying, then you haven't seen the new Queer Eye's Johnathan Van Ness (sp?)

Personally speaking, I adore Carson. Say whatever you want about anyone else, but please leave my Carson alone 😜

• Love 9