Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: House of Hypocrisy

• Start Topic

Just like Tre, Jennifer really can’t see how her behavior toward others is offensive, but is beyond hurt and angry when others come for her - two pitiful narcissists in a pod. No wonder they clicked right off the bat.

• Like 1
  • Love 22
21 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I get all the whining about Joe (who I don't like anyhow); but in relation to this thing with Gia, I do think she wants the storyline and was in fact looking for more drama.  I mean, did he bring Juicy up at this party, or did Gia?

If Joe is required to understand that his brother-in-law is Gia's father, Gia is also required to understand that Teresa is Joe's sister.  How on earth her emotions for her father are somehow more valid than Joe's for his sister (and their parents) doesn't track IMO.

I haven't watched the episode yet but I suspect what bothers Joe Gorga (and it would bother me, too) is that for years, he was told by his sister that he should ignore his brother-in-law's bad behavior. And now that guy is an ex, spent time in prison, and lives in another country (because of his own lack of action) and he's still being told he should pretend like his ex-brother-in-law is some great guy. I certainly understand that his daughters are going to defend him but his daughters should understand that not everyone is going to play pretend anymore.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 1
  • Love 12

So Tre is pissed because Marge started shit with Jennifer at HER party. How dare she? Can we please have a playback of Tre ruining Evan's birthday party last year? But it was different because Tre said she was repeating a rumor not a fact. Evan cheating vs. Bill cheating. She really has no self awareness at all. 

I think Jennifer is a POS and a very unhappy, insecure woman. Hence all the surgeries and being so obsessed trying to find dirt on some one else's husband. I'm not here for her tear filled entrance at Dolores'. I'm glad Delores is finally seeing the light about how awful Jen has been and told her to stop crying. Is Delo actually softening up to Jackie? 

Gia wears entirely too much makeup. She trowels it on just like her mother. I don't like the blond hair, either. I also don't need her opinion on anything. She's smug and it's annoying. Go back to college and get off my screen. 

How does Jennifer have 5 kids and they are all fat? I have to wonder what she is feeding these kids. 

On my tv Louie's face was beyond red and turning purple. I have never seen anything so weird. Greasy and purple. 

I was laughing at Tre entering the party at Jennifer's daughter loudly saying "Happyyyy Birthdayyyyyyy" and Jennifer correcting her it wasn't her birthday, just an end of school pool party, the kids actual birthday is in the winter. Tre is such an asshole. She's going to phone it in all season because she is too obsessed with Louie to care about anything else. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 6
  • Love 15

Joe Gorga shouldn’t discuss the situation with her, but I think she should understand why he doesn’t have the warm fuzzies for her father.

Yes, the issue isn't him discussing her father, it's him discussing her father on camera. But hey, Teresa and her family have been the Gorga's meal ticket for the last decade or so...

I do think she wants the storyline and was in fact looking for more drama.

I doubt she wants the storyline more than Tarzan Cheetah and Melissa do.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

I get all the whining about Joe (who I don't like anyhow); but in relation to this thing with Gia, I do think she wants the storyline and was in fact looking for more drama.  I mean, did he bring Juicy up at this party, or did Gia?

If Joe is required to understand that his brother-in-law is Gia's father, Gia is also required to understand that Teresa is Joe's sister.  How on earth her emotions for her father are somehow more valid than Joe's for his sister (and their parents) doesn't track IMO.

It came up at the party because it was the first time in 6 months the girls (Gia) had seen their uncle since his asshole text to all of the girls. He had 6 months of stewing and resentment coming at him.

I almost had *this* much respect for him when initially he said they wouldnt go to the party because of this. I thought, good for him, keep the family drama surrounding the kids outta sight till its resolved. I guess the stars in their eyes (and shiny camera lights), wore them Gorgas down though. 

At this point I'm not even sure Gia and the others are mad over his comments about their dad being an asshole. I think the "killing their grandmother" comment is what pushed them over the edge. Those old folks lived with those girls for years, they watched them decline in health, and they're still struggling with their deaths. Joe can go to his grave believing Juicy "killed" his mother but my god, don't say it around his children/their grandchildren.

• Love 9

I'm of two minds on the Joe/Gia thing. Teresa and Joe agreed at the reunion that they weren't going to discuss Juice anymore so Joe needs to stick with that. He and Teresa are divorced, she has a new man and Juicy doesn't even live in this country anymore. The Joes need never interact anymore. Let his daughters continue to have a relationship with their dad and let whatever issues they have be theirs. It's clear that these girls love their dad despite what he's done and Joe needs to respect that and stop discussing him. On the other hand I think Gia acted very smug. Her attitude was very much "I'm 21 now so I know everything and I can say and do whatever I want" I remember having that attitude as well. She seemed to have forgotten that he is her uncle and not her friend. I'm 36 and I wouldn't talk to my uncle that way.

Teresa is still a dingbat. I liked Dolores's townhouse. The food at the party looked good.

Friend Caroline looked like Leanna Locken from RHOD. I did a double take. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The apple does not fall far from the tree, this mess is basically all she has ever known.

Exactly...Teresa and Juicy put these kids out there from day one. They were in nearly every episode. Gia became a media darling and used the show to promote her dancing, singing and other endeavors. Teresa treated her less like a child and more like a peer or equal even capitulating to Gia's "sage" advisement and critiques. She had a place of power in the family especially when Teresa served time and wasn't at home...then again when Juicy served his time. She became the defacto parent to the other girls and could be quite critical to both parents of their shortcomings as parents. As a child she was privy to all the vitriol that her parents hurled at other family members...she was present at many bitch sessions that her parents had where they used zero discretion in making foul and obscene commentary about Joe, Melissa and other family members. If anything, Teresa and Joe should be admonished for allowing their kids to be filmed at all for most of their childhoods. 

Personally, I understand Gia's anger at her uncle for his unfortunate outburst about her Dad. Joe Gorga should have immediately apologized to Teresa's kids for his behavior. I get that he's got alot of pent up animosity towards Juicy and it's understandable...but as an adult you take those conversations inside behind a closed door...not in front of a camera when you know the kids are going to see this. It is their Dad and they still love him no matter what kind of an asshole he is. Joe should have sucked it up and done the right thing and told all of Teresa's kids that he's sorry for what he did...end of issue.

On the other hand...Gia was out of line in her belligerent confrontational style to Joe....in public no less. Gia has an edge to her personality that I find a little disconcerting. She seems to have no filters and was particulary mouthy. It all stems from the relationship she has with her parents where she was more of the adult/parent than her mom and dad...she has now taken that position with her uncle. I think that was what made Joe upset with her...she does not respect him or Melissa and that comes straight from Teresa and Joe who bad mouthed Joe and Melissa constantly in front of her. Frankly...I think they all need to go into family therapy to mend these relationships and get them back on track. 

It's a hot mess.

Edited by Hedgehog2022
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree, Joe voiced his opinion about Juicy Joe and his actions and since it played out on the show Joe Go had every right to talk about his feelings about how it affected him and his family.

Gia was so pissed at Jackie last year about the metaphor, (It was a metaphor, read in a New Jersey accent), in reaction to the rumor her mother started in a malicious manor, she said it caused a lot of problems for her at school so you would think she would feel a certain way about her mother lying like that but Tio Joe says the truth and she can't handle it.  

It's her father. Tiny Joe needs to at least have enough respect for his nieces to not broadcast on TV that Joe G killed his mother, which is pretty much bullshit anyway. I hate to defend Joe G, he's a pig, but I am not sure tiny Joe is much better. We already know he doesn't pay people, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out he was also involved in fraud, and I would bet money he cheats on his taxes. STFU on National television, about your niece's father. You want to cry about it offscreen and not in their presence, fine, assuming he has any friends IRL. As usual, the Gorga's need a storyline because they are both so shallow and boring. I so wish these two grifters would get booted. I thought Gia appeared to be the most mature on the show which, granted  isn't a really high bar.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Yes, the issue isn't him discussing her father, it's him discussing her father on camera. But hey, Teresa and her family have been the Gorga's meal ticket for the last decade or so...

Teresa and her family have also been Teresa's meal ticket for the last decade. They are all guilty of putting their dysfunction on screen for dollars. Quite honestly, over the last several seasons, the dynamic she has with the Gorgas has been as important to her storyline as she is to theirs. (Of the three of them, I find Melissa the most likeable, which I know is not a popular opinion).

• Love 15

First off,  I'm not judging Gia who has the most sense in that family by far.  But....imagine a world where one of Joe and Melissa's children spoke to Teresa the way Gia did to Joe.  Imagine Teresa's reaction.  We would never ever hear the end of it!  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Any sympathy I had for Jennifer dwindled after hearing she was trying to dig up dirt on Jackie..and the cheating rumor.  

Basically these shows are a portrait into why women would rather be friends with guys than other women lol

Gia is the smartest one in her family.  I think Joe and melissa didn't know what to make of someone that is calm, forms sentences, and brings up good points.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Kind of had to laugh when Jennifer told her daughter she could have soda this one time since it was her party. It struck me that she made sure to say that on camera so that we all know what a good mother she is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

What I haven't figured out yet, and I don't know if anyone else knows - regarding Evan and his rumored affair - where did Frank get these supposed photos of the alleged girlfriend?  Did Frank even HAVE any of photos?  If he did or he didn't, how did Jennifer hear that he did, and who told her this?  

I'm more confused than Teresa looks most of the time!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TexasGal said:

First off,  I'm not judging Gia who has the most sense in that family by far.  But....imagine a world where one of Joe and Melissa's children spoke to Teresa the way Gia did to Joe.  Imagine Teresa's reaction.  We would never ever hear the end of it!  

It would first be a few episodes of this:

EF5858D2-FAD4-4F94-B5ED-AFD176EB7B4A.gif.87b7e73504b72a1c369454832e0b70b6.gif 

and then she would raise hell and trash talk whoever dared speak to her as what she sees as disrespectfully. I noticed that she's still true to form and just stood to the side with her mouth hanging open when Joe and Gia were hollering at each other. She didn't even stand up for her oldest dorter! Surprising.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Teresa and her family have also been Teresa's meal ticket for the last decade.

For the first 2 seasons, the show only featured Teresa and her immediate family. Season 3 is when Tiny Joe, Melissa, Kathy, etc, came on the show against Teresa's wishes.

over the last several seasons, the dynamic she has with the Gorgas has been as important to her storyline as she is to theirs.

Not really. Love or hate her, the show revolves around Teresa, and has been for a long while now. She has feuded with others that have nothing to do with Melissa. Take Melissa out and the show will still survive. Take Teresa out? Not so much.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm of two minds on the Joe/Gia thing. Teresa and Joe agreed at the reunion that they weren't going to discuss Juice anymore so Joe needs to stick with that. He and Teresa are divorced, she has a new man and Juicy doesn't even live in this country anymore. The Joes need never interact anymore. Let his daughters continue to have a relationship with their dad and let whatever issues they have be theirs. It's clear that these girls love their dad despite what he's done and Joe needs to respect that and stop discussing him. On the other hand I think Gia acted very smug. Her attitude was very much "I'm 21 now so I know everything and I can say and do whatever I want" I remember having that attitude as well. She seemed to have forgotten that he is her uncle and not her friend. I'm 36 and I wouldn't talk to my uncle that way.

Teresa is still a dingbat. I liked Dolores's townhouse. The food at the party looked good.

Friend Caroline looked like Leanna Locken from RHOD. I did a double take. 

Gia talked to her uncle like that because she has been treated like a peer by her mother and father. Especially when one or the other was doing time. Gia is smug and has a "tude". She may be an adult in age but acts like a petulant teenager. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Lassus said:

Don't forget that most of this stuff is scripted. None of these so called reality shows are real...they all are scripted and storylines are discussed with the cast well before anything has been written. The whole Gia/Uncle Joe thing was probably gone over with both of them and they agreed to have this one on one at the party...look how it's grown a life of it's own on this board! That's what the producers want. I have a friend who worked on a reality show and he said that everything is scripted. If they go off script and throw a table over or get into physical altercation, then that works too...it's all about the ratings.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Don't forget that most of this stuff is scripted. None of these so called reality shows are real...they all are scripted and storylines are discussed with the cast well before anything has been written. The whole Gia/Uncle Joe thing was probably gone over with both of them and they agreed to have this one on one at the party...look how it's grown a life of it's own on this board! That's what the producers want. I have a friend who worked on a reality show and he said that everything is scripted. If they go off script and throw a table over or get into physical altercation, then that works too...it's all about the ratings.

I had to chuckle because I've been saying the exact same thing about the soaps, which we all know are truly scripted. But you can't tell that to folks who believe it's all real. I think even Andy once said that the HWs are given an outline (aka script) of what their storyline will be...and they are free to interject their own personalities for drama. Perhaps Andy got the idea from Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

Edited by MsTree
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, chlban said:

I hate to defend Joe G, he's a pig, but I am not sure tiny Joe is much better.

To be clear, it's all a "I vote meteor" situation.  I just generally think Gorgon's attitude is understandable.  YMMV

• Love 1

Is it now trendy to color outside the lines when applying glossy lipstick to inflated baboon lips? imo it looks messy and like a child applied it -oh wait, maybe a drunk applied it- that would explain the trend on so many lip-inflated HWs. Seriously though, do they think it looks good? Do they think it makes their lips look even more ridiculous bigger? What kind of fun house mirrors do these women own?  Do they want to look like Bratz dolls? (Marge looks like a Picasso).

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

During either the first or second season that the wannabe Melissa and Joe were on the show Joe took Melissa to see some huge old decrepit factory buildings that had supposedly been purchased by him for their children. Have we ever heard about the buildings again? Did he actually buy them? Have they been redeveloped? What about his rolling paper shredding business? We know his restaurant failed. We have heard him talk about how hard he works but I don’t think we have actually seen him work. If he does have a business or a job he is missing out on a story line that doesn’t involve freeloading off of Teresa and her children. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, janiema said:

During either the first or second season that the wannabe Melissa and Joe were on the show Joe took Melissa to see some huge old decrepit factory buildings that had supposedly been purchased by him for their children. Have we ever heard about the buildings again? Did he actually buy them? Have they been redeveloped? What about his rolling paper shredding business? We know his restaurant failed. We have heard him talk about how hard he works but I don’t think we have actually seen him work. If he does have a business or a job he is missing out on a story line that doesn’t involve freeloading off of Teresa and her children. 

That's part of why I said Tiny Joe is no better than Joe G. He just didn't get caught and probably was at least smart enough to clean up his act when Joe G got caught. Since then he's been living off the show and the exposure it gave him and Melissa. 

Edited by chlban
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

On 2/9/2022 at 10:22 AM, Shauna said:

Agreed.  The last thing I want to see is kids--even if they are 20 years old.  Can you imagine how excited Tre is now that Gia is old enough to be thrown in the mix?  Just think of all the grooming Tre did to Gia to prep her for the show.  Stupid.  Get her off my screen.

13 hours ago, Hedgehog2022 said:

Gia is smug and has a "tude". She may be an adult in age but acts like a petulant teenager. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, FancyNancy said:

Maybe Gia is looking for a spin off. 

Ugh yes, she is Lauren Manzo 2.0. and needs to go away.

On 2/9/2022 at 1:07 PM, bichonblitz said:

How does Jennifer have 5 kids and they are all fat? I have to wonder what she is feeding these kids. 

17 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Kind of had to laugh when Jennifer told her daughter she could have soda this one time since it was her party. It struck me that she made sure to say that on camera so that we all know what a good mother she is.

And in the next breath, Jennifer asked her what she wanted to eat, and before the dorter could reply, Jennifer asked "Chicken nuggets and french fries?", which leads me to think it is a pattern.  Before the moms come at me, I understand some young children are picky, but IMO that little girl is old enough that she should be being introduced to trying other foods, especially when she is that overweight.

17 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm more confused than Teresa looks most of the time!  

Hahaha-- Ah, I never tire of jokes about Tre being an idiot. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Miss Bones said:

Ugh yes, she is Lauren Manzo 2.0. and needs to go away.

And in the next breath, Jennifer asked her what she wanted to eat, and before the dorter could reply, Jennifer asked "Chicken nuggets and french fries?", which leads me to think it is a pattern.  Before the moms come at me, I understand some young children are picky, but IMO that little girl is old enough that she should be being introduced to trying other foods, especially when she is that overweight.

Hahaha-- Ah, I never tire of jokes about Tre being an idiot. 

I thought it was funny that at Olivia's pool party, Jennifer was also serving pizza....y'know - the same thing that she blasted Jacqueline for serving at her kids' birthday party.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

33 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I thought it was funny that at Olivia's pool party, Jennifer was also serving pizza....y'know - the same thing that she blasted Jacqueline for serving at her kids' birthday party.  

I did take note of that, also! Forgot until you mentioned it.  More hypocrisy!  In her defense, however, Jen's gripe--when Jackie served pizza--was that there was no other food option for the adults.  I would think Jennifer had other options, but I didn't really notice if she did or not.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Miss Bones said:

I did take note of that, also! Forgot until you mentioned it.  More hypocrisy!  In her defense, however, Jen's gripe--when Jackie served pizza--was that there was no other food option for the adults.  I would think Jennifer had other options, but I didn't really notice if she did or not.

She did seem to have a pretty big spread, if I recall correctly. So there may have been options. Plus she got the ice cream truck. Which just reminded me of Dolores saying she would get her ice cream now before all the kids ran out 😂

• Love 5
On 2/8/2022 at 8:14 PM, pieinmyeye said:

It says a lot about the “adults “ when a 20 year old is the most mature, articulate person at a party.

I have never  watched this franchise although I’ve always known what was going on and who was who.

Its disappointing to see Gia. She appears to me to be a true Teresa clone.  She may be better spoken and better educated, however, she is her mother’s child.  I just wish her the best.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Hahaha I'd forgotten about that!

I thought it was pretty rude how Jennifer left the rest of her guests to swelter outside, while she and her cast mates went inside for their coffee klatch (and cameras).

4 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Joe Gorga's response to Gia was classic deflection:  he didn't respond to the message from Gia at all - he went after her for her tone and delivery.  And he gets away with that.

Brain trust that he is, it took him a long pause to even think that response up, too. I wonder if he and Teresa can hear the rusted, rattling old gears in their heads turning when they attempt to think? 

5 hours ago, Miss Bones said:

Before the moms come at me, I understand some young children are picky, but IMO that little girl is old enough that she should be being introduced to trying other foods, especially when she is that overweight.

I was really surprised at how large she is around the middle, from breastbone on down. That's really not good for her long-term health, and I seriously hope they're taking steps to help her as it's not just puppy fat that a lot of kids get before their growth spurts. (Like Jackie's little son's)

• Love 4
On 2/9/2022 at 12:07 PM, bichonblitz said:

Chicken nuggets and french fries.  And they must be drinking pop.  They all have huge tummies, so they are eating a lot of sugar/carbs.  I have a boy who would eat chicken nuggets and fries for every meal too, if I gave it to him.  

7 hours ago, janiema said:

He is a liar, but he is also really stupid. 

He tried to follow the Joe Giudice way of doing business, and using lies, fraud and not paying people in order to fund their lifestyle.  Funny that they are in a rental, and claiming to be building a new house.  HAHAHAHA there is no way he is ever getting another loan.  I knew it would catch up with them soon.  

• Love 4
On 2/10/2022 at 12:21 AM, Hiyo said:

For the first 2 seasons, the show only featured Teresa and her immediate family. Season 3 is when Tiny Joe, Melissa, Kathy, etc, came on the show against Teresa's wishes.

Not really. Love or hate her, the show revolves around Teresa, and has been for a long while now. She has feuded with others that have nothing to do with Melissa. Take Melissa out and the show will still survive. Take Teresa out? Not so much.

Her immediate family is her family, so I am not sure how that refutes the point.

As for point number two, I disagree that the show has revolved around her, especially for the last few seasons. For the past few years, the show has revolved around Jen, Jackie, and Margaret. But to the extent that stories HAVE revolved around Teresa, Melissa and Joe have been a big part of it. Half the reason Jackie has fended with Teresa starts with Jackie's disdain for Teresa's treatment of Melissa.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Her immediate family is her family, so I am not sure how that refutes the point.

Her immediate family being her husband and kids. Melissa and Tiny Joe were non-entities during the first 2 seasons of the show.

I disagree that the show has revolved around her

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree then. Melissa and Tiny Joe don't have much without Teresa. The opposite isn't true.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Her immediate family being her husband and kids. Melissa and Tiny Joe were non-entities during the first 2 seasons of the show.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree then. Melissa and Tiny Joe don't have much without Teresa. The opposite isn't true.

Right, I understand what her immediate family is. I am saying that her family, including her immediate family, has been her meal ticket for years. I am afraid I don't see the distinction you do as to why it's more acceptable to make money highlighting one's husband and kids vs. one's siblings and parents.

And yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see how Teresa has much going on beyond feuding with Melissa and Joe. (I guess dating and moving in with Louis is something, too). I can't say I was super interested in her body building competitions.

• Love 2

I am afraid I don't see the distinction you do as to why it's more acceptable to make money highlighting one's husband and kids vs. one's siblings and parents.

I didn't say it more acceptable. Just that Teresa from the beginning kept it within her immediate family of her husband and kids and was doing fine before Melissa and Tiny Joe came along. Just another example that they need Teresa more than she needs them.

I can't say I was super interested in her body building competitions.

There's an example right there. Thanks! :)

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Hiyo said:

There's an example right there. Thanks! :)

An example that is roughly equivalent to Melissa running Envy. So, yes, thanks!

Obviously we're probably never going to see eye-to-eye on Teresa's importance or whether or not she's interesting. To me, she is as interesting as her brother and sister-in-law. I think we're stuck with all three of them.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 2
On 2/9/2022 at 8:51 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I agree, Joe voiced his opinion about Juicy Joe and his actions and since it played out on the show Joe Go had every right to talk about his feelings about how it affected him and his family.

Gia was so pissed at Jackie last year about the metaphor, (It was a metaphor, read in a New Jersey accent), in reaction to the rumor her mother started in a malicious manor, she said it caused a lot of problems for her at school so you would think she would feel a certain way about her mother lying like that but Tio Joe says the truth and she can't handle it.  

On 2/9/2022 at 11:11 AM, Lassus said:

Gia is definitely smarter and has more common sense  then both of her parents combined. But she also gives off a major vibe that I have a hard time defining. Like a Queen Bee vibe. I guess it's not surprising, none of those girls were raised to be respectful of anyone.

Gia seems to think that only  her and her sisters have a right to have an opinion about her father. Well Joe Gorga knew Juicy way longer than Gia did. I'm sure he saw behavior that Gia never knew about. His feelings towards his brother in law are his to have. I thought it was very telling when Gia said she was mad that Joe made the comments about what Juicy's actions did to her grandparents,  she said to Joe not to speak about HER grandparents like that. As if they were her family and Joe was some outsider. Uh Gia, your grandparents are Joe's parents.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ww92 said:

Gia is definitely smarter and has more common sense  then both of her parents combined. But she also gives off a major vibe that I have a hard time defining. Like a Queen Bee vibe. I guess it's not surprising, none of those girls were raised to be respectful of anyone.

Gia seems to think that only  her and her sisters have a right to have an opinion about her father. Well Joe Gorga knew Juicy way longer than Gia did. I'm sure he saw behavior that Gia never knew about. His feelings towards his brother in law are his to have. I thought it was very telling when Gia said she was mad that Joe made the comments about what Juicy's actions did to her grandparents,  she said to Joe not to speak about HER grandparents like that. As if they were her family and Joe was some outsider. Uh Gia, your grandparents are Joe's parents.

You mean Gia was probably head of the mean girl table in the high school cafeteria?

I’m pretty sure Uncle Joe probably filled in occasionally in the father role while real Dad was in the slammer and getting deported.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Obviously wwe're probably never going to see eye-to-eye on Teresa's importance or whether or not she's interesting

It isn't whether she is interesting or not. Love or hate her, she is the face of this franchise and arguably the most important person in this franchise. Definitely moreso that Melissa.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

It isn't whether she is interesting or not. Love or hate her, she is the face of this franchise and arguably the most important person in this franchise. Definitely moreso that Melissa.

Agreed but I don’t think she’s been authentic for years now!!!

• Love 1

I think Gia knows her father isn’t the greatest but she wants Joe Gorga to just stop trashing him to the public. Not sure why Gorga can’t just do that. Well actually I do know it’s because he likes to pretend he’s this great perfect guy. Its all such a lie tho. He’s a crook himself. He’s a pig too.

• Love 8
On 2/8/2022 at 9:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Why is Jennifer walking around her house with a purse? I sort of felt bad for Jennifer to relive the affair, Margaret should not have said it, now Jennifer's kids know and that is a shitty thing to do.

What happened to Delores' boobs, all that work she had done those puppies should be sitting up high but they are so saggy.  I do love her town home rental and the earrings she wore when she was shopping with Delores.

Why is Gia a housewife now?

How fast do all the HW's kids grow up!

Delores lost about five pounds at least, walking up and down those stairs every minute.  She’s always under construction.  Where’s David?

2 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Delores lost about five pounds at least, walking up and down those stairs every minute.  She’s always under construction.  Where’s David?

• Love 3
On 2/8/2022 at 11:29 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Jennifer was a blooming hypocrite.  Maybe that nose was karma for it too.  Just sayin'.  I'm really annoyed she did this to her authentic, beautiful nose and face that spoke of her culture.  Just when her baboon ass lips had settled in and she was looking her best, she goes and shaves off the bridge of her nose, and winds up with some kind of nose that doesn't make sense to me...and she did it on purpose.  Where is the logic?  WHERE IS THE LOGIC? 

Oddly enough, I kind of feel bad for Bill.   Yeah, he did it and all, but he is STILL married to Jennifer, and that has to be a certain amount of punishment in itself.  It did suck how Margaret outed her, but people that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, and Jennifer was chunking her some stones, y'all.  Now that she has publicly humiliated her husband and entire family, maybe she will remember this little life lesson.   I wouldn't put money on it though.

I was sad to hear of his cheating.  I thought they were the perfect couple.  While she was pregnant no less.  That’s scuzzy.  She was beautiful before she started with the facial surgeries.  Now, shes just average.  Teresa and Melissa too.  Fugly.  I just don’t get why they mess up a good thing.

• Love 4

I finally watched the episode and came away that both Joe and Gia had valid arguments. Gia and her sisters have to accept that lots of people have perfectly reasonable reasons for disliking their father. Insisting that they don’t hear about those criticisms isn't going to make them go away.

Joe also needs to accept that Gia is an adult and she has a right to verbalize her feelings, too. From personal experience, I know that "respecting your elders" is often a big part of the Italian American culture. But also, I also know that there comes a point where a person gets to assert that as an adult, they have the right to their own opinion. I think Gia is at that point with her uncle, and I can understand that perspective. 

Re Margaret and Jennifer. I think the word "hypocrisy" isn't be accurately applied here but I get Margaret's frustration. Jen isn't the one who cheated, so she's not being a hypocrite in judging Marge. But also, Jen has talked about her life as perfect and clearly it wasn't. So it feels like she is indirectly living in a glass house. And also, there really is no justification for her trying to dig up dirt on Jackie and Evan. 

• Love 7
On 2/9/2022 at 8:40 AM, chediavolo said:

I’m on Joe Gorga‘s side about all this, he is Teresa’s brother. He unfortunately has the Italian temper. He has every right to call out Teresa‘s ex-husband for being the piece of shit that he is. I can understand him saying how Joe killed his father or mother or whatever  it was. It was his actions that caused them stress. And all the subsequent happenings while Teresa was in jail etc. He is her brother he will be close to her no matter what.  I don’t know about what he did behind the filming of this series but he had every right on the show to call out Joe Guidice loudly and often. Gia needs to realize that while she may love her father he is an awful human being. Sort of like serial killers children who can remember good things about them. Just because he is your father doesn’t exclude him from his horrible deeds  I think she needs some intense counseling to come to terms with both sides of her father‘s personality you can be a loving father and a degenerate person

Joe Gorga may be a twerp, asshole, bullshit sex artist, but underneath all that, he’s right when it comes to this.  Teresa went to jail on account of Joe, plus he did cause stress for her parents, plus he was a cheat.  Kudos to him for always sticking by his sister.  As far as I have seen, he is a good husband too.  Never cheated on Melissa as far as I know.  A real family man.  Gia should have a little more respect for her uncle.  He means well.  Gia is still young, and doesn’t know a lot of things about life.  She’s coming on too strong in her debut.

• Like 1
  • Love 8