Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

Veep in the Media

JLD interview on The Big Picture (loved the Pendant Publishing reference). She discusses her cancer, her time on SNL, Seinfeld, and of course Veep/Selina:

Veep's Anna Chlumsky and Reid Scott on GMA (includes a clip from S7):

JLD on GMA:

Tony Hale, Matt Walsh, and Timothy Simons on GMA (includes a clip from S7):

Kevin Dunn, Sam Richardson, and Gary Cole on GMA:

Anna Chlumsky discusses S7 on Build:

Sarah Sutherland discusses S7 on Build:

Reid Scott discusses S7 on Build:

• Like 3

Who knew Richard has his own blog?

Splettizens know that this is a perennial topic here in the Splettzone and that I post something about it every year just because the answer is so fun and  counterintuitive.  Unless you have access to some sort of industrial freeze-drying equipment or a good quality laboratory glove box with military grade dehumidification modifications, the best place to store cocaine is…wait for it…in your freezer!

• Useful 1

7 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Who knew Richard has his own blog?

I'm pretty sure someone posted the link here back when it was first mentioned on the show (maybe S5?). It was when Richard was talking about his personal email address and he said that it will be sad when his dad dies but he'll finally get to change his email address from splett2 to splett1. I'm glad they have someone still updating his blog! He has had some hilarious posts!

On 3/31/2019 at 3:45 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Book on Amazon

I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a campaign website:

https://selinameyerforpresident.com/

"Stateswoman. Champion. Role model. Humanitarian. Visionary. Feminist. Dreamer. Creator. Warrior. Trailblazer. Leader. Selina Meyer has been all those things and more"  There is a donation button, but it does not actually take your money.

• Useful 1

4 hours ago, Roaster said:

I don't know if this has been posted, but there is a campaign website:

https://selinameyerforpresident.com/

"Stateswoman. Champion. Role model. Humanitarian. Visionary. Feminist. Dreamer. Creator. Warrior. Trailblazer. Leader. Selina Meyer has been all those things and more"  There is a donation button, but it does not actually take your money.

But does it delete your address book like the app? 😆

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

EW posted an article with one written excerpt from the book and a separate audio excerpt read by JLD with Tony Hale footnoting the text as Gary....and Selina demanding that Gary redact some of the info she's reading and his utter confusion to that suggestion. It's pretty great--I'm going to have to get it when I start missing the show so it'll feel like an extra episode. 

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/20/veep-excerpt-selina-meyer-autobiography/ 

• Like 2

I just looked at the front cover of the 'book' and just died. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

I love the picture they have at the HBO site for Veep. Selena used to look so happy.

33812698018_24bf13f8d4.jpg

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, David Mandel, Frank Rich, Tony Hale, Anna Chlumsky, Matt Walsh, Timothy C. Simons, Kevin Dunn, Gary Cole, Sam Richardson, Sarah Sutherland, and Clea DuVall discuss the final season of Veep at the 92nd Street Y:

JLD and David Mandel sit down for long interview on Pod Save America, the 5/30/19 episode.

She's pretty animated, seems to really like being on the podcast.

Edited by scrb

11 hours ago, scrb said:

JLD and David Mandel sit down for long interview on Pod Save America, the 5/30/19 episode.

She's pretty animated, seems to really like being on the podcast.

I appreciated David Mandel's overly-effusive claim that JLD's cancer was "the best thing to ever happen to the show". Dark humour that completely fits the Veep wheelhouse.