Type keyword(s) to search

Veep in the Media

radishcake
  • Start Topic

He needs to replace someone, because there are already too many characters to do them justice. I nominate Gary Cole, for being the least consistently funny. I could see Laurie playing a similar type of character too.

although if they just made him the British Ambassador and had him break out the old Stupid Prince/Lieutenant George act, it'd be even better.

• Love 2

2015 Emmy nominations:

Outstanding Comedy Series

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Tony Hale

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Anna Chlumsky

Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series - Armando Iannucci (Testimony)

Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series - Simon Blackwell, Tony Roche, Armando Iannucci (Election Night)

• Love 4

2016 Golden Globe nominations:

Best TV Series, Comedy

Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy - Julia Louis-Dreyfuss

SAG award nominations:

Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series - Julia Louis-Dreyfuss

Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series

• Love 1

S5 promo - season premiere on April 24!

Heee! I love this show. Can't wait for April 24th.

Amy appears to officially be back with Team Meyer. I hope they find a way to get Dan back into the fold as well. I really dislike having him be so removed from the main action.

I'm so glad the Jonah & Richard comedy show seems to still be going strong.

• Love 1

We're coming close to Emmy season, and given how strong this season has been (the past 4 episodes as an arc especially), I'd have to say VEEP looks strong to have a repeat dominating performance. 

As a reminder, last year it won for best Comedy, Best Lead Actress (JLD) and Best Supporting Actor (Tony Hale), Best Writing, and Best Casting. Tony hasn't had as strong of a season this year, and I'd love to see Kevin Dunn get the best supporting Actor nom. In my opinion, he does so much work to keep the plots spinning while also totally delivering the character's beleaguered-ness, and of course the quips. The casting award has to be in the bag as well. No one else is pulling down such top talent to support the core cast as well as Veep. (Though in my personal opinion, Andre Braughter is overdue for that award).

I'd have to think JLD's only real competition will come from Rachael Bloom and Gina Rodriguez.

If I'm pulling together T-519's Best Comedies

• Veep
  • Silicon Valley
  • You're the Worst
  • Brooklyn-99
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • Jane the Virgin

Notes: I know Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Transparent are both strong shows, but I haven't been that inclined to check out either. I'd make a case for the Goldbergs, but they had a down year this year in my opinion.

I've been pulling for Kevin Dunn to get a nomination for 2 years now. He is definitely due. And I hope Anna gets a nod again. 

My top 5 comedies right now are:

Black-ish

Veep

Brooklyn - 99

Jane the Virgin

The Goldbergs (I still love everything about this show)

Are lists are very close. I know it is unlikely that an all-black show like Black-ish gets recognized, but it is one of the funniest shows on TV right now.

(edited)

Anna Chlumsky on Colbert (she mentions clutching her phone on Veep):

Anna Chlumsky on AOL Build:

This is from last year but I didn't see it posted here. Anna on Conan describing her very elaborate scheme for playing with her Barbies as a kid:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo