Type keyword(s) to search

Judge Judy in the Media

• Start Topic

JJ was briefly on last night's 20/20 (ABC) about the many stars who passed on this year. JJ evidently was a close friend of Florence Henderson, of Brady Bunch fame (and Broadway, too, among other things).

It's always nice to see a kinder, gentler Judy away from the courtroom.

• Love 6

I needed some trashy mag to read today during a flight home and saw an InTouch with JJ prominently featured on the cover with a headline that was something like, "Judge Judy Affair Drama!" And I was like, "What?!" Of course I bought it and...the "affair" was the one Jerry was having with some diner waitress...IN 2001(I read about it in the Enquirer back then! And they were courteous enough to provide pictures of the lady while InTouch was not!) Nothing like a 16-year old story to lure in readers!

(I'd never really read an InTouch before but I'd strongly recommend they retitle it OutOfTouch when they're relying on ancient news.) 

12 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I needed some trashy mag to read today during a flight home and saw an InTouch with JJ prominently featured on the cover with a headline that was something like, "Judge Judy Affair Drama!" And I was like, "What?!" Of course I bought it and...the "affair" was the one Jerry was having with some diner waitress...IN 2001(I read about it in the Enquirer back then! And they were courteous enough to provide pictures of the lady while InTouch was not!) Nothing like a 16-year old story to lure in readers!

(I'd never really read an InTouch before but I'd strongly recommend they retitle it OutOfTouch when they're relying on ancient news.) 

I saw the "magazine" in the grocery store.   I didn't buy it but was wondering if it was a new gal or the waitress from Naples FL lo these many years. 

Thank you Giant Misfit - now I don't have to wonder (or buy the periodical) for the answer.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, hisbunkie said:

I recall Judy being interviewed and being asked about the article.  All she kept saying was, " the woman served us eggs that morning".  I just do not like her, I find her so disrespectful to most.

See.  Now being the cranky older-ish woman that I am I would have immediately shouted..."the woman served us eggs that morning is NOT an answer"!!

How 'bout them apples JJ. 

JJ sold her back catalog. She was asking $200 million (but likely didn't get that much) but I'm gonna guess she'll have enough money to pay a lot of people's rent and food bills this month.

Frankly, if I had $200 million, I'd have bought them myself -- just so I could finally watch the Patricia Bean case again. At this point, having not seen the rerun in nearly two years, I'm wagering it was just a mass hallucination and it never existed at all.

This is such a badass article about JJ and her deposition in a case about profits from the show. As much as I bitch about her being an out-of-touch, elitist shrew to some of the litigants who never got the breaks she did, she really is a ridiculously smart, savvy woman. 

But the BEST part (to me, at least) is it turns out she's Larry David's cousin! And in this season of Curb, Larry's going to appear as a litigant on her show. I CANNOT WAIT!

I was watching "Daily Blast Live" today and they did a story on two guys who were standing handcuffed in a courtroom and they just took off running, the judge stripped off his robe and chased them down.  One of the panelists asked, "Where was the bailiff?" And another one said, "Byrd from Judge Judy would have taken them down."

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I was watching "Daily Blast Live" today and they did a story on two guys who were standing handcuffed in a courtroom and they just took off running, the judge stripped off his robe and chased them down.  One of the panelists asked, "Where was the bailiff?" And another one said, "Byrd from Judge Judy would have taken them down."

I don't know 'bout that. I think Byrd would have anticipated these yahoos getting squirrelly and would shut them down before they even got started, so the need to "take them down" would have never come up. Even though he's often pictured standing around doing his crossword, when a litigant starts to act up he's already on the way - proactive rather than reactive... I suppose experience counts

• Love 4

This came across my Chrome page as something I might be interested in.... a little interesting, but not really... sort of about JJ and Hit Bench, but more to do with production company and profit split than the shows

• Love 2

Another Blurb off my Chrome 'this might interest you' page. Old news for us regulars, but still an article about JJ's new look. Personally, I like  - and hate - the new look. In some stills it looks good, others terrible. But hey, if she's trying out a new look maybe she'll ditch some of the old worn out Judy-ism shtick.

• Love 2

JJ to receive Lifetime Achievement award from the Daytime Emmys in May.

The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences said Wednesday that syndicated court TV mainstay Judge Judy Sheindlin and the godfather of TV chefs Jacques Pépin will be honored with Lifetime Achievement awards at this year’s Daytime Emmys. Both are the first in their TV genres to receive the award, which will be bestowed in May during the 46th annual ceremony.

“The Daytime Emmy Awards recognize both the excellence and vibrant diversity of daytime television programming,” NATAS president and CEO Adam Sharp said. “Judge Judy Sheindlin epitomizes both, shaping one of the mainstay genres of our medium.”

• Love 2
On 3/12/2019 at 1:34 PM, SRTouch said:

Another Blurb off my Chrome 'this might interest you' page. Old news for us regulars, but still an article about JJ's new look. Personally, I like  - and hate - the new look. In some stills it looks good, others terrible. But hey, if she's trying out a new look maybe she'll ditch some of the old worn out Judy-ism shtick.

Unflattering to say the least.  Who told her she looks good?  Did they keep a straight face when they said it? 

What is she going for?  Is she a Ruth Bader Ginsberg wanna be now?  Geez.  She looks like she needs to get her hair washed and styled.   

• Love 1
On 4/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Claire Voyant said:

What is she going for?  Is she a Ruth Bader Ginsberg wanna be now?  Geez.  She looks like she needs to get her hair washed and styled.  

I've only seen the still photos of her new hairstyle until today.  There was a clip on tv for an upcoming show, and I was like is she trying to co-op RBG's look?

I'm sure they have makeup and hairstylists on set for her, so I don't get it. It isn't like she has to do her hair and doesn't want the hassle of doing it.  Not loving it.  She could revamp the old style to make it a bit more modern, but this doesn't work for her.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

I read the NYT article, and honestly, as rich as JJ is, she could afford the absolute best hair care money can buy. Oh well, as long as Jerry likes it!!!!

I don't think she much cares what Jerry likes.  LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

It's her job.  I think she has to to avoid copyright.

I dislike the newer trend of watching a video, then having another person pop up in the corner, and you watch their reaction to said video, and have to listen to them talk.  I really don't give a crap about what others think of the video.  Just show me the danged video!!!

• Love 7
On 10/4/2016 at 11:40 PM, Trini said:

Byrd, is said to pull in more than $1 million a year for his work on the show, which typically shoots 260-odd episodes over the course of about 52 days each year.

That is  lot of money for doing crosswords. I do them for free.

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, SRTouch said:

Ah, but he has to watch the looneys without the benefit of fast forward

I actually saw a uniformed security guard make an appearance when litigants became abusive, so I think h'es mainly there to bring papers, keep an eye on things and explain some {ok  ALL}pop culture she is unfamiliar with.

At least we have until the end of the 2020-2021 season to watch this.     I can only imagine what the local channel that I see two hours a day will replace this show with.     I wonder if anything will actually replace it from JJ, since other TV personalities have announced a show ending, but never replaced it with further projects.  

• Love 1

Yes indeed - she's hanging up her robe at the end of next season (2020-21). She will announce it on "Ellen" today, which taped last week. According to some media reports, she's sticking with CBS for something called 'Judy Justice' - but it's unclear what it will be, or how it will air. There's a good chance the new project will be aired on the fledging subscription channel "CBS All Access".

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Well, it had to happen sometime.  This show has been a very guilty pleasure for a long time, and more recently has made great "noise" to fall asleep to, because it's so formulaic.  One thing that's brought to mind for me, as I wonder how exactly reruns will be leveraged, is how the hairstyle change will play into things.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I felt most episodes were pretty timeless, save for minor things like a flip phone here or a "we separated last June, June 2009" there.  The graphics package hadn't changed in a long time or anything else.

It seemed strange to me, even before it was announced the show would end, that she would draw a sort of virtual line in the sand, making clear which episodes are newest.  Folks, like some relatives of mine, who are at home much of the day with the TV constantly on, will notice, and may decide they don't want to watch old episodes.  Could it be that the newest episodes will rerun on television, and others will be available elsewhere alongside the new show?

• Love 2
On 11/3/2020 at 8:37 AM, Taeolas said:

She is retiring, but she's doing a new show of some sort; I can't remember the details of it but I'm sure they'll come out closer to when the show launches. 

I heard the other day that the new show will only be available through the IMDB streaming service. I didn't even know the IMDB even had a streaming service.

• Useful 1