Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Hair

Snazzy Daisy
  • Start Topic

The weakest episode in S3, for me.

We have spent 2 seasons and a couple episodes being kept inside the Turner household and Hair takes us outside into a more colorful and bright world. A good character moment with regards to Leanne’s fear and paranoia. Even a trip to the park across the street feels overwhelming, dangerous and invasive.

Leanne finding a hair in her dandelion soup was foreshadowing. We know how meticulous Sean is in his cooking and foods prep.

Instead of wasting time in follicle hunting, Julian should test his hair against Jericho’s. The twist on the hairbrush is predictable. There’s no way MNS will reveal that so early in S3, he may want to keep that in his sleeve for S4.

Another great character moment is when Sean says, “I have been on the streets. I know what it’s like to be hungry and I just want to give back.” Quite a revelation. We can also sense some sort of jealousy from Dorothy when Sean steals her limelight in his interaction with the homeless kids.

I don’t think those kids are from the cult. But they might be responsible for string of robberies that happened in the neighbourhood. Leanne mentioned in last episode that people from the cult won’t be eating Sean’s gourmet foods.

Veera is still in my radar for being a cult member. First, her out-of-nowhere story about giving up her own child. Then her choice of words when talking to Julian about Dorothy. She said Dorothy needs to face her truth, similar language that Aunt Josephine and the cult use in regards to Dorothy’s acceptance. It cannot be a coincidence, right?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

If the kids aren't part of the cult, why would they stand that way at night, the same way the cult members did?

A red herring maybe. Remember earlier in the day when the non-binary kid asked Sean’s permission to use their bathroom? Maybe they unlocked the bathroom’s window etc and plan to rob the house that nite.