Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: Save a Queen

• Start Topic

Man, Fridays are going to be rough for a bit- CBB and RPDR on at the entire same time is too much!

Heartbroken to see Kornbread have to sit this one out, but warmed by the reactions of the other queens. She'd better be back next season - they did it for Eureka they can do it for her. Now, Willow, Angeria, Lady Camden and possible Deja for F4.

• Love 7

I agree what Orion should have gone, and that Kornbread should get an Eureka deal next season.

I’m disappointed that both Maddy and Willow were safe, ‘cause I really would have liked to see the judges talk about those really wonderfully fun outfits.  My favorite line of the night was about Maddy:  “she’s the raining queen.”  😄

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, bobbyjoe said:

I’m disappointed that both Maddy and Willow were safe, ‘cause I really would have liked to see the judges talk about those really wonderfully fun outfits.  My favorite line of the night was about Maddy:  “she’s the raining queen.”  😄

Me too!!!  I literally caught my breath when Maddy showed up in that work of art!  Maybe it’s just me, I’m a sucker for fringe, but I loved how she tied it into Mother Nature bringing the Spring rain.

I agree with the above posters that the right Queen went home-Orion’s PSA clips fell flat and she relied too much on that body for her runway.

3C40875D-2F55-4266-881E-E91FA70AC320.jpegETA: 

ETA:  WHAT was Deja wearing on the runway?  It looked like a folded tablecloth.  I also loved Lady Camden’s frock, plus her PSA clips were great and I thought she should have won the 5,000$ tip.

Edited by kicotan
Forgot some stuff
  • Love 9

And now I know what Ava Max looks like. 

Aw poor Kornbread, I really hope she's asked back for another season, she was so great. I also loved her friendship with Willow.

I agree about the right queen going home in this episode, both bottom queens should have been there but Jorgeous turned that lip sync OUT.

I found the balloon popping quite hm, let's say entertaining. 

• Love 4

So sad about Kornbread.  Ditto what everyone has said about hoping she gets the Eureka deal (actually it's kinda suspect that they didn't announce that already).  This is definitely Willow's competition to lose now.

I LOVED seeing the returning queens.  Tempest Du Jour is one of my favorite early boot queens.  I always thought that she was a great queen who struggled with the format of the show (which is probably true of a lot first or early boot queens).  Also, Kahmora looked gorgeous and Jaymes was fun.

While Maddy has next to no shot at winning, I think this episode demonstrated why Ru is going to keep her for awhile.  Clearly Ru loves putting her in awkward situations like the balloon game so I think we can expect more hijinks there.  But I will say that Maddy has a sweet and endearing quality about her.  I just skimmed through her Instagram stories and she shared all of her sister queens' Instagram posts with their looks from this episode.  I don't think I've seen another drag queen do that before.

• Love 9

Heidi N Closet posted on Insta of herself and Kornbread hanging out and being silly. That makes me so happy - two of my absolute faves together having fun. I swear, if Kornbread doesn't come back I don't even know. 

I'm really enjoying this season, and quite enjoying Carson on Celebrity Big Brother. Todrick, not so much.

• Love 3

I was absolutely shocked about Kornbread leaving the competition.  They either kept it under wraps or I don't keep up with current events very well.  It's very sad because she was a frontrunner and kept us all entertained with her comments.  Hopefully, she will recover quickly and be on the roster for next season.  

I thought many of the PSAs could have been funnier/ more clever, but it was a pretty good challenge and I loved seeing the former contestants come back.  They all had a great sense of humor.  I liked Kahmora's segment the best.  

• Love 3

They may as well wait a bit and have an all-injury/diseased season - we already have had dropping  out - Kornbread, Ocean Aqua-Black, Veronica Green, Victoria Scone, Eureka. 

Overall a fun episode though the task criteria was a bit hard to judge. Bosco was really good and so was Angie.

Mini challenge was indeed hilarious mainly thanks to Maddy and Joregous the chihuahua

Runway wise - some fun (Willow, Camden), interesting (Maddy, Bosco), gorgeous (Jorgeous) and some really awful (Deja, Kerri Colby).

Of course Jorgeous was going to slay an Ava Max dance track. Bye Orion 

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the Pit Crew were told what their contribution to the episode was going to be. 

I'm not buying the explanation for Kornbread's exit. Six to eight weeks off for a "woke up the next morning and my ankle really hurt"? Nothing broken. Nothing sprained (I'm just assuming because usually when people have an injury they say specifically what it is). No cast. Just a hurt ankle. It doesn't make sense. 

Sorry to see a fellow Mitten-stater go but man was she a black hole of charisma. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Mahfouz said:

I'm not buying the explanation for Kornbread's exit. Six to eight weeks off for a "woke up the next morning and my ankle really hurt"? Nothing broken. Nothing sprained (I'm just assuming because usually when people have an injury they say specifically what it is). No cast. Just a hurt ankle. It doesn't make sense. 

I saw an interview with Kornbread after she dropped out and once the swelling went down she was diagnosed with a hairline fracture.  Given that was a possibility  and she was taken out of the bubble to go to the ER, I think they planned for that.  A hairline fractures require 6-8 weeks to heal and you wear a cast or a boot.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3