Type keyword(s) to search

The Great Cookbook Challenge With Jamie Oliver - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's sort of a cross between Masterchef, Dragon's Den/Shark Tank, and The Apprentice as amateur and professional cooks compete to win the prize of a cookbook publishing deal with Penguin. In the first round, six contestants cook a recipe from their proposed book, have it professionally photographed, and pitch their book idea to the judges. Only 2 of 6 go through to the finals. The final six then prepare more dishes and take on publishing related tasks until they are whittled down to one winner.

I enjoyed the first episode. The food looked yummy and some of the ideas were interesting. I actually thought they could have put at least 3 of them through. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

It's sort of a cross between Masterchef, Dragon's Den/Shark Tank, and The Apprentice as amateur and professional cooks compete to win the prize of a cookbook publishing deal with Penguin. In the first round, six contestants cook a recipe from their proposed book, have it professionally photographed, and pitch their book idea to the judges. Only 2 of 6 go through to the finals. The final six then prepare more dishes and take on publishing related tasks until they are whittled down to one winner.

I enjoyed the first episode. The food looked yummy and some of the ideas were interesting. I actually thought they could have put at least 3 of them through. 

I guess this is a UK show? Is it streaming someplace?

I can't believe they didn't put fermentation guy through. They thought his food was great and something they'd never even tasted before, but instead they put through butter chicken. I can see lots of 25-35 year olds buying that as they like to tinker with food and try new things. 

• Love 1

I slogged my way through the last couple episodes. Can't say it is worth watching. Jamie Oliver is boring, the judges were boring, and only a couple of the contestants had any real potential. No way this is getting a second season.

• LOL 1