Type keyword(s) to search

Adults Adopting Adults - General Discussion

• Start Topic

A strange show, with a husband whose wife has his number, but they're still adopting a young pregnant woman. 
A TLC esque show, that somehow ended up on A&E.
I can somewhat see wanting grandchildren, but just to have someone to leave you money, I can think of lots of worthy causes.
Wish they'd considered adopting one of the kids aging out of foster care.
I think the woman in the other family may fit that, but in both of these, not everyone seems to be on board.
Hope I'm not the only one who watched this.

• Love 9

Thank you for starting this thread! I am glad I'm not the only one who watched these nutters. Tie Dye shirt guy is creepy. Reminds me of Seeking Sister Wives guy whose wife didn't really want to play along with his crazy ideas. I feel sorry for her. I wonder what the older couples sons think of this situation. I think the college counselor lady is insane for doing this again knowing how the first time turned out.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, SweetTea said:

Thank you for starting this thread! I am glad I'm not the only one who watched these nutters.

I hope more folks find it.  If it were on TLC, they would, but usually the trash shows don't make it to A&E!
I don't watch the Sister Wives, but follow it by the ads, and asking my sister things about it.

• Love 2

I had gotten an email from A&E, previewing this show -- which is why I happened to watch it.  It's quite odd.  "Odd" as in a little creepy.  The series needs a post-show psychiatrist to try and explain just WHAT is behind these "adoptions."  So far, I've seen only ONE couple (and 'adoptee') that seems 'maybe' plausible.  The others are painfully bizarre.  Mr. Tie Dye (aka 'The Ped-o' for short) 🤡 should never have made it past the initial application.  His wife, poor thing, is seemingly dealing with "Verbally-Battered Wife Syndrome" and is a quivering, unstable mess.  (Oh!  Must not neglect to add that their "adopted daughter" is a young pregnant 'adult' from Ireland.)  If you thought 90-Day Fiancé was a side show, then check "Adults Adopting Adults" -- you owe it to the 'snark' part of yourself....at least once.  😜

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I found this show because the weirdness of people marrying strangers leaked over into an even weirder show about adults adopting other adults.  It was only on for three minutes before we learned that one of the adoptions had fallen through because the dad developed the hots for the potentially adoptive daughter.

I've been known to watch some questionable reality programming in the past, but this might be one toke over my line.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Wait, what?  Carol's first marriage broke up because she mentored a young woman who "messed with" her husband. 

And now she's planning to adopt this unabashed gold digger. 

Can she not look out the window and see her husband lolling in the pool in front of this chick with his tongue hanging out like some old rangey hound dog?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

OMG, this show. So many bad choices, so much creepiness. Tie dye uncle bad touch is projecting his gross intentions so much, and his wife is two seconds away from a breakdown. At least the young woman in the ill-advised situation with the college admin and her husband basically admitted she wanted $ and stuff. 
I can’t believe how quickly I got sucked into this mess. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 2/1/2022 at 10:26 PM, auntjess said:

A strange show, with a husband whose wife has his number, but they're still adopting a young pregnant woman. 
A TLC esque show, that somehow ended up on A&E.
I can somewhat see wanting grandchildren, but just to have someone to leave you money, I can think of lots of worthy causes.
Wish they'd considered adopting one of the kids aging out of foster care.
I think the woman in the other family may fit that, but in both of these, not everyone seems to be on board.
Hope I'm not the only one who watched this.

A&E be like, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I'm in.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I'm all in on this one!  I had an opening between 90 Day Fiance and Married at First Sight!  Thank goodness it's not on Friday because that's when I'm busy with Love During Lockup!

Where do they find these people?  Do they advertise?  Rinky Dinks .com!

Tye Dye guy is wacko and his poor suffering wife holding up the welcome sign!

Pool guy and Lolita. 

The attorney and the accountant adopting grandparents.  Really those poor Kids calling them grandma and grandpa.I

I just can't believe it.  I had an opening day in my tv program viewing and this showed up!

How lucky can one girl be!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

https://play.aetv.com/shows/adults-adopting-adults/unlocked#episodes
Just a reminder, tonight's the night on A&E at 10PM ET, and again at 2AM (add a few minutes to both times if you program by time), and again 
on Wednesday on Lifetime, same times.
Looks like 2 episodes are available to view, but I'll just watch on TV.
Adults Adopting Adults Full Episodes, Video & More | A&E (aetv.com)

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1

So this baby is going to cost tye dye guy a small fortune!  Luckily he has no house payment. Looks like he inherited the ranch he lives on!

Its really strange. He’s a trucker and gone on the road while wife is home crying the blues because pregnant girl is there!

Im wondering if tye dye and wife are really married?  If she doesn’t like what he’s doing leave and take half the ranch!  

Strange she stays and boo hoos!

These people are really faking their roles. I’m thinking this ones a set up!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

What does he do or have on the property, that he needs cameras all over?
And yes, that baby is going to cost him plenty.

Good question about all of those cameras we never got to see!  Something strange going on there.

With him smirking and her boo booing it 's just plain crazy town!

• Love 6

Oh goody!  Zsa Zsa's widower,  Frédéric Prinz von Anhalt, begins his segment in next week's episode.  What a famewhore this dude is, and always was. His saga on this show could either be hilarious or nauseating.

Why in the world would Christy agree to this adoption arrangement when she and her marriage are both so fragile?  Danny's glee is sooooo smarmy that it has the potential to be uncomfortable to watch.  His wife is in a great deal of pain, which he ignores.  No good will come of this story.

• Love 10
On 2/2/2022 at 10:34 PM, TzuShih said:

I had gotten an email from A&E, previewing this show -- which is why I happened to watch it.  It's quite odd.  "Odd" as in a little creepy.  The series needs a post-show psychiatrist to try and explain just WHAT is behind these "adoptions."  So far, I've seen only ONE couple (and 'adoptee') that seems 'maybe' plausible.  The others are painfully bizarre.  Mr. Tie Dye (aka 'The Ped-o' for short) 🤡 should never have made it past the initial application.  His wife, poor thing, is seemingly dealing with "Verbally-Battered Wife Syndrome" and is a quivering, unstable mess.  (Oh!  Must not neglect to add that their "adopted daughter" is a young pregnant 'adult' from Ireland.)  If you thought 90-Day Fiancé was a side show, then check "Adults Adopting Adults" -- you owe it to the 'snark' part of yourself....at least once.  😜

The pregnant girl named Ileana is from Austria.  Austria is a beautiful wealthy country in Europe.  At first I thought she was from Eastern Europe and that would explain her wanting leave her country, but Austria?   Lucky for them her English is perfect, it’s her second language.   

I think Tie Dye has a fantasy of offing his wife and becoming “dad” to the baby  and having Ileana as his new wife.  

I felt so bad for the mother in Las Vegas who is being replaced by some random woman.  What a sick thing to do.   This one is the most disturbing to me.  

The one that makes the most sense is the two sisters in California  who were raised by the couple.  

This show looks good.   I’m interested in watching. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

California sisters I totally get.

I hope there’s nothing nefarious with the Scotts and Bianca. The issue in the past worries me and makes me think they can help if they want to, but need to set better boundaries.  They don’t need to adopt her.  Set up a trust for her, stay in contact, but BOUNDARIES.

The rest of them need intensive therapy.  I think Kim is totally trying to get back at her mother and she has such a weird emotional disconnect like she’s completely numb. I was surprised to see her cry. Interesting that her husband is a complete avoider, “ I would send a text, I will run away.”  I wish they’d get more into what happened between her and her mother.

I feel badly for the Ileana on the murder farm.  Yes, she accepted the arrangement, but she’s just in the middle.  Danny is in his own world.  Christy needs to leave and stop making passive aggressive comments toward Ileana.  I don’t trust all those cameras.  I hope it’s fakery but I’m kind of glad they are making it public because Danny creeps me out.

Frederic is just foolishness.  Will probably FFWD through his segments.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, For Cereals said:

The rest of them need intensive therapy.  I think Kim is totally trying to get back at her mother and she has such a weird emotional disconnect like she’s completely numb. I was surprised to see her cry. Interesting that her husband is a complete avoider, “ I would send a text, I will run away.”  I wish they’d get more into what happened between her and her mother.

I feel badly for the Ileana on the murder farm.  Yes, she accepted the arrangement, but she’s just in the middle.  Danny is in his own world.  Christy needs to leave and stop making passive aggressive comments toward Ileana.  I don’t trust all those cameras.  I hope it’s fakery but I’m kind of glad they are making it public because Danny creeps me out.

Frederic is just foolishness.  Will probably FFWD through his segments.  

About Kim, I agree.  Those segments with her and her mother were hard to watch.  Her mother says she’s willing to share her grandkids but adopting, that is awful.  

Christy is talking about leaving Danny (again), I hope she is serious and it’s not for the cameras/show.  Ileana seems like a nice person but this situation is weird.  I wouldn’t tolerate it.  Danny is spending all this money on this stranger plus he’s away for work a lot while Christy has to take Ileana to the doctor for her checkups????   That’s putting more salt in the wound about something she seems to have never been 100% on board with.  So next week it looks like Ileana has to leave the country soon anyway, I wonder how that’s going to work out.  

Yeah, Frederic is strange.  About that trust, I know they said it’s supposed to be run by a family member but I wonder if it’s possible to change anything in it to allow him to appoint a successor, not have to make them a family member first.  Isaac seems like a good guy, though. 

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • Love 2
On 2/15/2022 at 7:12 AM, Cobb Salad said:

Yeah, Frederic is strange.  About that trust, I know they said it’s supposed to be run by a family member but I wonder if it’s possible to change anything in it to allow him to appoint a successor, not have to make them a family member first.  Isaac seems like a good guy, though. 

Why not just let the money go to Los Angeles; the city could probably put the money to better use than some random stranger, who'll then dress up as a solider prince.

• Love 2

I’m confused about the Scott’s and Bianca. 

The other daughter that’s so angry what’s her story. I’ve never figured that one out.   Is she natural or adopted and who molested her?

Frederick is only there for the $$. That’s the story line they came up with for him. 

Sounds like that trust is sealed up tighter than a drum. Even Prince Frederick can’t get his hands on it and has to do Adults Adopting Adults!

• Love 1

Danny is a creep.  He doesn't give a shit how miserable his wife is.  And every time he talked about Ileana, it was, "I'm adopting", " I decided to adopt".  Christy isn't even on his radar.  I think he has bad intentions with Ileana.  

Christy is so so sad.  She just needs to leave him.  He's cheated multiple times and now this?  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m confused about the Scott’s and Bianca. 

The other daughter that’s so angry what’s her story. I’ve never figured that one out.   Is she natural or adopted and who molested her?

Frederick is only there for the $$. That’s the story line they came up with for him. 

Sounds like that trust is sealed up tighter than a drum. Even Prince Frederick can’t get his hands on it and has to do Adults Adopting Adults!

I don't think anyone molested the stepdaughter.  She's upset bc her stepmom (I think her name is Carol) had taken in a different young woman in her previous marriage (to stepdaughter's dad) and the young woman and Carol's husband had an affair.  So stepdaughter doesn't want that to happen again. But...last night it said that Bianca would now be heir to their estate and stepdaughter is out in the cold.  So that probably has a lot to do with it. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think it's wife's stepdaughter, and she'll be disinherited.  I don't understand that, because why can't they leave her some too, if they wish.
If people make a will, nothing says they have to leave money to the children.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I don't think anyone molested the stepdaughter.  She's upset bc her stepmom (I think her name is Carol) had taken in a different young woman in her previous marriage (to stepdaughter's dad) and the young woman and Carol's husband had an affair.  So stepdaughter doesn't want that to happen again. But...last night it said that Bianca would now be heir to their estate and stepdaughter is out in the cold.  So that probably has a lot to do with it. 

Say what?  I probably need a chart!  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Danny is a creep.  He doesn't give a shit how miserable his wife is.  And every time he talked about Ileana, it was, "I'm adopting", " I decided to adopt".  Christy isn't even on his radar.  I think he has bad intentions with Ileana.  

Christy is so so sad.  She just needs to leave him.  He's cheated multiple times and now this?  

Before I saw Monday’s episode I was thinking Christy should just leave him but thought, easier said than done.  Then she said she has left before and he talked her in to coming back.  Now she’s miserable again.  Probably in love with the ways he can make her happy instead of realizing he is no good for her.  Most likely she has some low esteem issues to work out.  The friend she met for lunch this past episode seems supportive enough that she should push for her to leave.  

I don’t think I’ve heard it mentioned, but what about the father of Ileana’s baby?  What does he have to say about any of this?  I guess we won’t know.  

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Another goody, this time TLC, as it should be.  (This is for real, tonight.)
image.thumb.png.ca7642d39c2ba63994f3964ce427f2f7.png

Looks interesting but my appointment viewing on Wednesdays is the National Geographic channel watching the episodes where (stupid) people get caught smuggling drugs.  

Edited by Cobb Salad
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well, it looks like this show has been pulled already, just as I was getting into it. I read something about it on Reddit and then checked on my Philo and there aren't any future episodes. Who screwed things up for us? Danny, what did you and your tie dye shirt do? 🤬

Prince Freddy said he'd previously adopted 5 men but none of them worked out. So, what happened to them? Did he send them back to the adult orphanage?

Tye Dye Guy totally creeps me out. I wonder what's really in all of those out-buildings. I'm putting my money on dead bodies. None of them in-tact. Christy needs to watch her back, seriously. We could see this story on "Dateline" when she goes missing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, lu1535 said:

Well, it looks like this show has been pulled already, just as I was getting into it. I read something about it on Reddit and then checked on my Philo and there aren't any future episodes. Who screwed things up for us? Danny, what did you and your tie dye shirt do? 🤬

It’s still set to show here next Monday 2/21. You’re Nothing To Me!

Roll tide!

2 hours ago, lu1535 said:

A&E’s website says the next new episode is 2/21.  I have Verizon and all 3 of the aired episodes are available via On Demand.  The channel listing for 2/21 does show a rerun of the Playboy series, not sure what that’s about.  

3 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

A&E’s website says the next new episode is 2/21.  I have Verizon and all 3 of the aired episodes are available via On Demand.  The channel listing for 2/21 does show a rerun of the Playboy series, not sure what that’s about.  

Mine's not showing up on my scheduled programs for 2/21 

TV Guide's online listing has the next episode airing this Monday so who knows what’s up with the other listings.  
There’s an Apple podcast called “Adults Judging Adults Adopting Adults” where they’ve recapped the episodes aired so far.  I’ve just started listening to it so I’m not sure if it’s worth a listen or not.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

I don’t think I’ve heard it mentioned, but what about the father of Ileana’s baby?  What does he have to say about any of this?  I guess we won’t know.

I think she said that she knew him for just a short time and when she got pregnant, he took off.

Anybody else get a Bernie McGee (SSW) vibe from Danny? But Bernie McGee x1000. He is a disgusting creep.

19 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think it's wife's stepdaughter, and she'll be disinherited.  I don't understand that, because why can't they leave her some too, if they wish.
If people make a will, nothing says they have to leave money to the children.

I think it just means that if they don't have wills, the estate would legally transfer to their heirs, and in this case it would be the legal (adopted) daughter. But as long as they have wills, and I'm sure these people do, they can leave their money to whoever they want. I thought it was a little shady of A&E to slip that in, trying to make it seems like a money issue between the two girls.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

ooks interesting but my appointment viewing on Wednesdays is the National Geographic channel watching the episodes where (stupid) people get caught smuggling drugs.  

Ah, another "To Catch A Smuggler" fan.  Brazil is my favorite, of the US, I love Newark shows with searching trucks and cars. 
I record the shows, so I can do both.

• Love 1
On 2/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, auntjess said:

Another goody, this time TLC, as it should be.  (This is for real, tonight.)
image.thumb.png.ca7642d39c2ba63994f3964ce427f2f7.png

Wait.. is this part of Adults Adopting Adults?? 

So I went to onDemand to watch episodes 2 & 3 but they are gone.  This isn’t canceled is it?

Edited by heatherchandler

Can it be?!?  Has TLC produced a show ('Adults Adopting Adults') that even its own corporate staff determined crossed a line over to unduly creepy??  🤯 I thought that my brain had been 'dulled' by hours/years of watching TLC Trash TV, but by the second episode of this 'doozy of a series,' I realized that I felt a 'ping' of unease.... a disturbing feeling that I should NOT be a party to these private, often nasty stories.  I can't find the show listed ANYWHERE now, and perhaps that is for the best.  (UNLESS, they are linking the series to "To Catch a Predator.")  🙈🙉🙊

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TzuShih said:

Can it be?!?  Has TLC produced a show ('Adults Adopting Adults') that even its own corporate staff determined crossed a line over to unduly creepy??  🤯 I thought that my brain had been 'dulled' by hours/years of watching TLC Trash TV, but by the second episode of this 'doozy of a series,' I realized that I felt a 'ping' of unease.... a disturbing feeling that I should NOT be a party to these private, often nasty stories.  I can't find the show listed ANYWHERE now, and perhaps that is for the best.  (UNLESS, they are linking the series to "To Catch a Predator.")  🙈🙉🙊

It's actually A&E. But, now that they've determined that this one is out of their comfort zone, TLC is probably in negotiations trying to buy it from them. I heard on Reddit that the creep of all creeps, Danny, was outed for some racist social media comments, so they pulled the whole show. But who knows what the truth is - they just disappeared it without explanation.

• Useful 3