Type keyword(s) to search

And Just Like That... The Documentary airs Feb 3

• Start Topic

To quote Marie Kondo, I am here because I love mess.  

In case it wasn’t clear that SJP has fully morphed into Carrie:

SJP: Can’t remember what scenes she shared with Eigenberg in the original series, can’t even remember that she and Jon Tenney MADE OUT in the previous series they did together

SJP presented with the wardrobe closet: I remember the exact when, where, how and why of every single outfit Carrie has ever worn since the beginning of time.

Also, she says that no story point could happen on the show unless it had happened to someone in the writers’ room?  That’s the dumbest fricking thing I’ve ever heard.

(Also, point B, as @Ms Blue Jaysaid, I never caught Cynthia Nixon getting a writers’ credit AND YET!  She already got the executive producer credit and the director’s one, what’s one more credit?  Honestly, if she wanted that storyline so badly, she should’ve had to fight for it in an actual writers’ room — I would’ve respected it somewhat more that way if Nixon had to have put in the actual effort of writing it and fighting for it.)

I’m like 99 % sure that Guillermo Del Toro has never effed a fish monster and yet he managed to turn that flight of imagination into a Best Picture Oscar. Billy Wilder was never lead astray by an aging film diva to his doom.  No one in the making of ‘Bringing Up Baby’ has ever owned a pet leopard.

All this AJLT writers’ room rule reminds me of is the TERRIBLE self-inserts in TV and fiction - I’m looking at you, Aaron Sorkin, and using Studio 60 as a vendetta against Kristin Chenowith and her Christianity after she dumped you.

So Davis just makes those exaggerated faces all the time, out of character?  Props to the OG series for reeling her in.

I am curious as to whether how this documentary would’ve looked had Noth been included.

Edited by Lethallyfab
Credit for Blue Jay
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Sounds like I need to finally watch this. I agree with the comments about Che being attractive. I get their appeal, and I'm straight. Their face is GORGEOUS. 

Che/SR has amazing bone structure, gorgeous skin, shinny hair. They are a fine specimen of personhood. 

• Love 3
On 2/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, marny said:

I must know if the documentary explains where the term “comedy concert” came from because no one in the world has ever called a comedy show that.  It was super-cringey to hear that phrase several times with no one correcting it. Was it meant to show how old and out-of-touch they all are? Or are the writers the ones who are out-of-touch?

I have heard Bill Engvall (who I find generally amusing outside of "Here's your sign" yawnfests) refer to his comedy shows as concerts. Other than that, I

got nothing

Edited by Tattooeddancer
hit the publish button early
On 2/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, WendyCR72 said:

It's not the outer person I object to. It's the weed-addicted, crude player I really don't like. And I am being kind.

The fact you describe them that way shows how poorly written Che was.  Add to that they are who Miranda fell for and upended  her life for and I just shake my head.  As I said before just imagine Che was a male character who smoked weed all the time and had the reputation for being a player who used crude language on a podcast radio show.  I doubt Miranda would have fallen for that character.  That character would have  been one of the many bad dates Miranda had on  SATC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Tattooeddancer said:

I have heard Bill Engvall (who I find generally amusing outside of "Here's your sign" yawnfests) refer to his comedy shows as concerts. Other than that, I

got nothing

Eddie Murphy Raw has been described as a 'comedy concert film' but it's also from 1987, he was performing at a MSG venue and was at that time - inarguably - a bigger star than 'hEy It'S chE diAz!!1!!!11' will ever be.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

The fact you describe them that way shows how poorly written Che was.  Add to that they are who Miranda fell for and upended  her life for and I just shake my head.  As I said before just imagine Che was a male character who smoked weed all the time and had the reputation for being a player who used crude language on a podcast radio show.  I doubt Miranda would have fallen for that character.  That character would have  been one of the many bad dates Miranda had on  SATC.

That character sounds a little like the other guy on the podcast, Jackie.  And I can’t imagine a Miranda falling for him! 

• Love 4
On 2/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, RealHousewife said:

Sounds like I need to finally watch this. I agree with the comments about Che being attractive. I get their appeal, and I'm straight. Their face is GORGEOUS. 

Yeah, Sara is hot, they've been hot since Greys Anatomy. I'm very into nonbinary people these days. Combination of androgyny and a lack of toxic masculinity. *chefs kiss* Sweet spot. But since I know very few nb folks in real life, I do technically remain (reluctantly) heterosexual. 

• Useful 1