Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: You Who Cannot See, Think of Those Who Can

juno
  • Start Topic

On 2/3/2022 at 9:55 PM, Accidental Martyr said:

This show has the magically appearing older brother kind of like Happy Days had the magically disappearing older brother.

Aaron has shown up before but now that we know for sure he's about 24 it makes sense that we don't see him that much. I do appreciate it because I think Zak Steiner is absolutely gorgeous. He reminds me of Michael Cassidy when he was on The O.C. all those years ago.

A lot of people have questions about the third kid that appears in that family photo that Cal took. Production has said it was a mistake and they never intended to have a third kid there, but then they showed that photo again and thus we're getting the theorists about it. Maybe there was a kid they fostered and Nate or Aaron did something that caused the kid to get yanked? Or it was a bio baby little brother and he died in some Nate caused "accident"? (Ala the Good Son) 

Cal reminds me a lot of the guys who are kinda just mentally stuck at 18 years old. You know, the Alpha Male Jock type who were the shit in high school and just can't quite let go of it.

Can they get Matthew Del Negro to play Adult Derek? I don't think he looks that much like Teen Derek but then again I didn't think Teen Cal looked that much like Adult Cal. (Why didn't they have Teen Cal with lighter hair? Eric Dane had more of a sandy colored hair before he went grey.) 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

Abby doesn't play.

This show is never going to do it like that because neither Rue's mother or sister are allowed to be anything more than props for Zendaya's run at a consecutive Emmy. I mean, Rue's drug addiction. This isn't about trying to overcome a drug addition and being saved by the power of Tough Love by a Mom. There's no way this show is going to go with that kind of message because it would take away from the spotlight of Zendaya's Amazing Acting. If they did, I'd be shocked.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 1/30/2022 at 11:24 PM, Marley said:

So Rue is just going to do all the drugs and not sell any? What is her plan when she owes $10K to the drug boss? Or is she planning on doing so much drugs she dies. They aren’t gonna kill off Zendaya tho so that’s not gonna happen. Not really enjoying this storyline either.

At this point, I don’t care about Rue. If the drug boss put a hit out on her I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Rue has become a caricature of a drug addict. I don’t think actual addicts find joy in being addicted. Rue revels in it.

Count me among those that think Jules and Elliott have more chemistry with each other than either has with Rue.

What am I supposed to glean from Kat’s inexplicable disdain for Ethan other than that she’s a jerk - has been from the start. 

• Love 6
On 1/31/2022 at 1:01 AM, qtpye said:

I know Jules is pretty cool but I am sorta sick of everyone just falling in love with her. I am guessing that Rue, Jules, and the guy were on their way to being a thrupple until the drug revelation.

That's where I thought it was going too

And I see nothing cool about Jules. Don't see the appeal at all, find her annoying. 

• Love 8

Cassie Jesus Christ just tell lexi and get it over with.  Way too dramatic even for a teenage girl over this.  It happens literally all the time, cheating boyfriend with best friend. It's cliche in fact.  And you'll both figure out he's a douche and move on 

But I may be too old to appreciate the high school drama. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, laprin said:

At this point, I don’t care about Rue. If the drug boss put a hit out on her I wouldn’t lose any sleep. Rue has become a caricature of a drug addict. I don’t think actual addicts find joy in being addicted. Rue revels in it.

Count me among those that think Jules and Elliott have more chemistry with each other than either has with Rue.

What am I supposed to glean from Kat’s inexplicable disdain for Ethan other than that she’s a jerk - has been from the start. 

I think in rues drug addicted state she can't have any chemistry with anyone. 

That other drug dealer who gave her the drug suitcase must have a larger plan. Was way too easy for rue to convince her and she gave her a ton of drugs way too quick for her not to have something in mind

• Love 6
On 1/31/2022 at 5:06 PM, tennisgurl said:

They should show this episode in those anti drinking assemblies they make teenagers go to, especially the parts with Maddy. It certainly did a lot to make drinking look deeply unpleasant! 

Impressively, they actually made me feel sorry for Nate in that ending scene. Cal might be a mess but its not alright to blame his family for everything wrong in his life, if he was that miserable he could have made different choices. He really seems to loath Nate, and while Nate is a terrifyingly messed up person, it seems like Nate got a lot of his anger from Cal's boiling bitterness at the way his life has turned out, even if it was mostly subconscious. 

The music on this show really is incredible, I will always love a playlist that features Summertime and This Is How We Do It in the same episode. 

The music is the best part of the show. 

• Love 5