Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Call Me Your Biggest Fan

• Start Topic

Seriously, even before Covid the whipped cream shots would be gross, disgusting and I'm sure illegal. Why would they do that? And please ... Let's not do a round of "when I worked at" with people telling us they did that all the time. Let me keep my innocence. 

Though Carter had a bad response to Randi about the nail polish, I am glad that his initial  reaction to his son was acceptance.

• Love 3

"They all said you could be the next John Mayer."

"Is that really something people want?" 

I'm impressed, they actually handled the whole situation with the nail polish with a shocking amount of maturity and nuance. Carter was wrong to get upset about the idea of his son wearing nail polish (at least he didn't say anything to his son directly) but Randi didn't really help things by jumping down his throat. He just got defensive and doubled down and didn't really realize why what he was doing was wrong until Phil explained why acting like boys wearing nail polish was bad can hurt people. Then Carter apologized when he realized how wrong he was and that this was clearly all based on him own issues, I think there is actually a good lesson here about empathy, understanding why people have the views they have and using that empathy to explain why those views are wrong and hurtful. 

Not a lot of kitty action, but the fluff on the couch playing with a customer was so cute. 

• Love 6

I thought this one was cute. It was nice to see a Kat/Max storyline again- they've barely had any scenes together since she turned him down. I liked the chat between Phil and Carter and thought the nail polish situation was handled well from all sides. This show still isn't great, but it's cozy and fun, with a few laughs and cute kitties along the way. I'm happy with it for now.

• Love 5
On 2/4/2022 at 11:36 AM, tennisgurl said:

Not a lot of kitty action, but the fluff on the couch playing with a customer was so cute. 

That barely counts in my book.  I spend a lot of time looking at the cats in the beds in the background to make sure they're real and not stuffed.

16 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

This show still isn't great, but it's cozy and fun, with a few laughs and cute kitties along the way. I'm happy with it for now.

It's a good example of what I call Mindless Entertainment - fun to watch because of a premise (breaking the 4th wall and waving at the end) or character (cats), but it isn't going to change my life and I don't miss it when it's between seasons or inevitably cancelled.

This is a pretty good example of what the MWCP (Minimum Weekly Cat Presence) should be:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76113dcf5f44d0afaff0f6

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 5

The whipped cream shots is supposed to be funny but it's unsanitary and a health code violation in a restaurant.  Creeped me out.  They should have had something that could be offered to the waiting customers that the threesome could "share" in the kitchen.  But sticking the cans in or even near their mouths was just gross.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, chediavolo said:

I was disgusted by them sticking the whipped cream cans in their mouths. 🤮

This show is mindless & frankly I’m shocked there is a season  2 but I’m watching because I’m depressed so why not. 

1 hour ago, CrystalBlue said:

The whipped cream shots is supposed to be funny but it's unsanitary and a health code violation in a restaurant.  Creeped me out.  They should have had something that could be offered to the waiting customers that the threesome could "share" in the kitchen.  But sticking the cans in or even near their mouths was just gross.

I'm just going to tell myself they finished them and tossed them out.  Or gave the cats some creamy treats.

• Love 2
On 2/6/2022 at 6:40 AM, chediavolo said:

I was disgusted by them sticking the whipped cream cans in their mouths. 🤮

19 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

The whipped cream shots is supposed to be funny but it's unsanitary and a health code violation in a restaurant. 

17 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm just going to tell myself they finished them and tossed them out.  Or gave the cats some creamy treats.

The whipped cream scene cracked me up!

• Love 4

I tell myself those whip cream cans were for private use..and not to be used for orders.

I think anytime Kat is paired with Max..she regresses.  The previous 2 episodes when she was with Randi or Oscar..she was a more 3 d character....if that makes sense.

• Love 3
On 2/4/2022 at 2:36 PM, tennisgurl said:

I'm impressed, they actually handled the whole situation with the nail polish with a shocking amount of maturity and nuance. Carter was wrong to get upset about the idea of his son wearing nail polish (at least he didn't say anything to his son directly) but Randi didn't really help things by jumping down his throat.

Agreed. However, as a father, Carter has a right to make decisions for his son. Randi should have asked first-especially a physical change. I know it’s not a piercing or tattoo, but the point is that CJ is a minor and Carter is his father who has a right to accept or reject anything that affects his sons’ person. I remember taking my 13 yo niece out for a girls day and she wanted her waist length hair trimmed to just below her shoulders. It’s hair. It’ll grow back. But my sister in law freaked when we got home. Even though my niece wanted it, I was berated for not checking first with her mom before making a change to her person 

“it’s 2022-men can paint their nails”

Carter, let me direct you to the 80s hair metal bands. Poison wore enough polish, makeup, ruffles, spandex and hair spray that would put a drag queen to shame

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Painting nails is like Carter's son putting on a hat.  It's so easy to take off.  It's not like she did a gel manicure or fake nails.  

Definitely very different from cutting off several inches of hair that take years to grow back. Removing nail polish is under five minutes.

• Love 2