Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Call Me Unfaithful

• Start Topic

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the yoga subplot was hilarious as well. I felt bad for Sheila and the scene between Kat and Sheila in bed was well done. This season is a great improvement over last season.

• Love 6

Gutsy move, going up against the Olympics. I was switching back and forth between this and the halfpipe, so I may have missed something critical, but I enjoyed what I saw.

Sheila, don't dump your current bedwarmer before you find a new one. The guy who adopted Houdini would be a good catch. Then you and new!guy can just sit on the couch and offer helpful advice to the neo-ex as he packs his stuff to leave.

11 hours ago, appositival said:

Sheila, don't dump your current bedwarmer before you find a new one. The guy who adopted Houdini would be a good catch. Then you and new!guy can just sit on the couch and offer helpful advice to the neo-ex as he packs his stuff to leave.

Yeah.  I actually kind of liked Sheila making the calculations about whether or not she finds her boyfriend's cheating worth breaking up over. It's not romantic but there's a cool practicality about it I thought was interesting.

This is weird. Unlike Miranda, Kat might be the most put together person on the show right now. 

• Love 3

I think Swoosie excels at the drama so it’s nice when she gets a chance to “act”. I especially loved when she was talking about her late husband and got a bit emotional. So good. I really like the Kat/Sheila serious scenes. They play off each other well (I also loved the therapy scene from last season). 

I like the Randi apartment story. She’s so funny. I’m glad they evolved her to actually be a good friend to Kat and not just some sarcastic coworker.

The gym story was so-so to me but it had pretty men in workout gear so I’m good with that. 

• Love 2

Has anyone else noticed that Kat has worn the same dress in three different prints this season?: https://wornontv.net/270337/

I love her wardrobe, but I also like the implication that if she likes something she buys it in every color. Very practical! I appreciate that, whatever mishegas she's wrapped in, Kat is consistently shown to be a good business woman and her cafe is successful. I like to think her clothes are a collection of thrift-store finds and sale pieces. (She does wear different clothes every episode which does stretch her imaginary budget, but that's TV magic I'm willing to let go of.)

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Yeah.  I actually kind of liked Sheila making the calculations about whether or not she finds her boyfriend's cheating worth breaking up over. It's not romantic but there's a cool practicality about it I thought was interesting.

Hmmm.  This has me thinking.  Yeah, I could go along with a cheating boyfriend if I was just in it for male company.  Well, maybe he wouldn't actually be my boyfriend.  Friend with benefits?  Anyway, the line would be drawn if he lived with me, especially in my house. 

I find myself pausing the show or rewinding looking for cats.  Can't remember which scene, but before the scene ended, a cat popped his head out from one of those enclosed beds.  Had to rewatch that one twice.  

Also wanted to add that I like when they mention that a cat has been adopted.  Warms my heart.

Edited by Johann
  • Love 6

I think there's a difference between an open relationship, and a realtionship where someone is lying to you. It just feels different. And more than that, he was living with her, and I'm sure he wasn't paying rent. So it was like she was letting him grift off her. 

I've been in open relationships, and it's fine. But lying? To me, that's degrading and unacceptable.

• Love 5
On 2/12/2022 at 6:41 PM, HyeChaps said:

How many men has she dated?

I think Preston is the only one. IIRC, he was a neighbor and they got together somewhat quickly after Kat's dad died (1-2 years ago). That was a point of contention between them.

Edited by xander874
  • Useful 1

This season has really been a noticeable improvement on the first season, I really liked this episode. It was cute and fun, plus it had a rare moment of sincerity between Kat and Sheila. Its just a fun happy uncomplicated twenty two minutes of television where it seems like everyone making it seems to be having fun.

I get why Randi wants her own space, but she and Kat as roommates is so much fun I selfishly hope her apartment hunt continues to go poorly.

• Love 5