Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Chapter Six - From the Desert Comes a Stranger

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, magdalene said:

Luke comes across as a hypocrite. He has emotional attachments. 

When you really look at what the Jedi’s believe he’s really not a hypocrite. Not having attachments doesn’t mean not caring or loving others. It is a really convoluted concept. Luke does love and care about people but he’s really not attached in the way he means. It was based on the Buddhist idea of attachment which is an defined as the exaggerated not wanting to be separated from someone or something. The goal isn’t being free from attachment but non-attachment which is more accurately viewed as healthy attachments. 

Jedi’s are essentially warrior monks. You don’t have to be a monk to be a Buddhist just like you don’t have to be a Jedi to be a force user. 

1 hour ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

I don't want this to be the case, but I feel like they were hinting that Grogu is a clone with Luke's "It's like he's remembering" line.  

I pretty sure he was just referring to Grogu’s two decades of training before Order 66. 

Edited by Guest

What, are Jedi not allowed to have armor? Does beskar suddenly have some sort of Force-nullifying property? It just makes no sense to me that Luke is making Grogu choose between the armor and the lightsaber. I get that the actual choice is Jedi training or returning to Mando, but why can’t Luke just say that and let him have the armor anyway?

• Love 5
On 1/29/2022 at 7:41 PM, saoirse said:

Boba Fett learns new information.

Was that the Disney Plus synopsis? Cause all Boba Fett did was silently preside over a strategy meeting where I guess he met Mando and otherwise didn’t learn anything. Fennec shared information with the team, all of which Boba should have already known before the meeting, and Mando gave a suggestion for how to beef up their numbers. (Did they seriously not have a plan besides “hope Mando can bring the cannon fodder”? After he already said he’d pitch in for free????)

• Love 5

It's a shame the writers clearly struggled so much to find a quality story for Boba Fett to soak up time before the Mandalorian episodes, but at least these past two episodes have been amazing.

The time off from Grogu made the power of the cute strong again. It was ridiculous. The de-aging on Luke worked much better here as well, so deepfake guy should feel proud. I don't think they could have pulled off granting Luke so much screen time without his skills.

I will never understand why the writers chose the weird flashback structure instead of telling a straightforward story of Boba Fett and Fennec Shand struggling against the Pyke Syndicate (or the Hutt Syndicate). We did not need any of the Tusken Raider stuff.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Great episode.  Seeing Luke and Ahsoka onscreen together is huge and something I thought I would never see.  Also, this episode proves that The Book of Boba Fett should have been an anthology show leading up to the stories coming together again.

I greatly enjoyed seeing Luke as a teacher, instructing Grogu.  I wondered if he would see his father in Grogu's mind.  I can't imagine that is something good for the kid to see.

Now I will.go with the one thing I didn't like about this episode.  Luke continuing the no attachment nonsense of the old Jedi Order.  I never expected Luke to continue this practice.  Luke saved his father and helped bring balance to the Force because he rejected his masters view that Anakin was lost forever.  By rejecting that dogma, he was able to achieve what the old Jedi Order could not.  It was also an attachment for a father he never knew that helped drive this.  Luke would learn not to cling so rigidly to the old ways while forging a new Order.  Are we to believe Luke has completely detached himself from Leia and Han at this point?  This is something I think Favreau, Filoni and the sequel trilogy gang (perhaps even Lucas himself) have gotten completely wrong about the character. 

That being said, didn't expect to see Ahsoka and hope she and Luke will meet again.  The deaging effect was most impressive. 

Damn, Timothy Olyphant always brings it.  His showdown with Cad Bane was awesome and it was cool seeing him.make his live action debut.  I hope he's still alive but that didn't link promising.

Like I said, this should been a "From the world of The Mandalorian" Anthology. 

Edited by benteen
  • Love 7

Well, the 2nd episode of The Book of Everyone BUT Boba Fett (aka The Mandalorian 2.5)  was just as awesome as the first!

I wasn't sure we  were actually going to follow Din Djaren on his journey to reunite with his 'son' so that was a bittersweet treat. Though I agree with everyone that Luke making Grogu choose is out-and-out cruel - though, from what we saw of the little guy's training, how fidgety and distracted he was, and Luke's half-smile when he made that offer, it may be that he knows the answer already and is just letting Grogu figure it out for himself -- that the little guy's place is by Daddy's side.

Did anyone else see the reveal of the chain-mail shirt and think, "Mithril!"? Oh, just me? Never mind.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see so much Luke - as others have said, the de-aging has gotten so much better! I could forget about the process and just enjoy the character, which after all is the goal.

I wasn't familiar with Cad Bane before but he was AWESOME. What a great space Western villain! I hope the Marshall isn't dead, though -- I could swear he was only shot once, through the shoulder, so there's a chance he'll be around for the big battle. And what a stupid move on the Pykes' part - nothing was going to motivate the townspeople like killing (or attempting to kill) their beloved Marshall and his deputy. I expect to see the entire town march into Boba's fortress next week, armed with everything from pitchforks to blasters.

Anyway,  I can't believe I'm suddenly sorry next week is the last episode. As someone said upthread, a much better title for this series would have been "Star Wars: Tattooine" because Boba Fett as written has been a big bust. Some characters just work better as mysteries and/or supporting characters.

• Love 7

I really hope that Luke’s test is some kind of fake out- like if Grogu chooses the lightsaber, then he’s only interested in power, and that’s bad.  Otherwise, I made this comparison at the end of Mando S2, but they’re still treating him like some lost puppy - “okay mister, whichever one of us he goes to gets to keep him.”

Beyond that, I thought this episode was pretty good.  The actual training stuff with Luke and Grogu was fun- I wonder if Yoda ever had a drone shoot at Luke’s feet (kinda felt like a saloon shootout- “dance, varmint!”) to get him to force jump.  It was nice to see Ashoka again- and I agree that having her and Luke together is a trip.  Also, bringing in Cad Bane as an antagonist is a good move.  The Pikes have felt pretty interchangeable so far, and Bane has always been a strong, distinct personality that’s easy to root against.  I thought he looked fine overall- I’m also just happy that his goofy Seth Green droid might be gone.

And then there’s Boba.  Man, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a show that’s kind of bad at what it’s supposed to be, yet reasonably good at what it’s not.  I mean, I get what they are trying to do with the present day story- I just don’t know how or why.  Boba Fett takes over the Hutt syndicate on Tatooine - cool!  Boba takes over the syndicate with three Bounty Hunters, two guards, a couple of hacker teens, and “respect”?  I’m just not feeling it.  Maybe it’ll help if they can stick the landing next week- fingers crossed.

• Love 4

Was this said in the show or are you making an assertion based on his age and the timeline?  

I don't think they specified he was trained for 20 years but, I could be wrong.  What we do know from Mandalorian S2 is that he was raised in the Temple and trained by many masters for years before Order 66. He was taken from the Temple, everything after that was blocked out (probably memory supression) but, Grogu was lost and alone for many years, until Mando found him.

We know he's 50 and the timeline would put him at 20-25 when Order 66 happened. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

Was this said in the show or are you making an assertion based on his age and the timeline?  

What @Morrigan2575 said, plus the memory that Luke helped him remember.  It's obvious that he's had prior training, regardless of how long.

On a different but related note, I didn't like how Luke implied that Grogu's training would take decades just because his lifespan is longer.  He could train for a year and then go back to Mando - or, and I prefer this idea: He could go live with Mando for 50 years and then train (with someone other than Luke) after Mando is gone.  He has such a long life, he can do so many things...

• Love 3

While I enjoy the bonus Mando episodes, I'm kind of annoyed they're doing so many important story moments in this series. Ahsoka meeting Luke Skywalker should have happened during her series. It's awesome that they shared a scene, but I would have liked to see her emotional journey in choosing to find him. Her already being there felt anti-climactic to me. Given how good they're getting at deep fake Luke, I'm guessing we'll see him pop up in her show too. I also agree with the person who mentioned Luke's voice is still off. Mark Hamill is a great voice actor, but all the modulations to make him sound like 1980's Mark Hamill is making his line deliveries pretty flat.

The Cad Bane/Cobb Vanth showdown should have closed the episode. It was actually applicable to the overall storyline, and it had great suspense!

I wonder if they'll let Boba Fett talk in the finale.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

In addition to what @Morrigan2575 we know from Clone Wars that they identify force sensitive kids as infants and start training as toddlers. Order 66 happened 28 years before The Mandalorian making Grogu ~22 at the time. They haven’t said how long he trained but it would have to be right around 20 years given everything we do know. 

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

He could go live with Mando for 50 years and then train (with someone other than Luke) after Mando is gone.  He has such a long life, he can do so many things...

That was my take as well, he's 50 years old and barely a toddler (2-3 human equivalent). Hell, he could go live with Mando for 50 years and, still be young enough to be a Youngling after RoS 🤢

13 minutes ago, Dani said:

With Boba virtually absent in these last two episodes it makes me wonder if they had Temuera filming scenes for a different project. Perhaps as a certain clone. Filming for Obi-Wan did overlap with TBOBF and his schedule was supposed to be very tight with him potentially appearing in multiple shows. 

Oh that's an interesting possibility. It would make more sense than what's being tossed around online

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

That bounty hunter from Clone Wars is still alive? How old is he? oO No, scratch that, how many years have passed since Order 66? Wait... let me do the calcs... Luke was like let's say 20 when the original SW started? Wait... 20 years, not more than 30... ok, checks out, Clone Wars bounty hunter ain't that old, but then... why did Obi Wan became so old in the first SW movie? My head hurts.

Also, Luke: "If you choose the armour, you will be forsaking the Jedi path for the ones you love". Me, yeah, maybe that's why your father salivating over Padme and it happened the way it happened, because Jedi don't allow their padawans to socialize? But that's just me.

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Rushmoras said:

That bounty hunter from Clone Wars is still alive? How old is he? oO No, scratch that, how many years have passed since Order 66? Wait... let me do the calcs... Luke was like let's say 20 when the original SW started? Wait... 20 years, not more than 30... ok, checks out, Clone Wars bounty hunter ain't that old, but then... why did Obi Wan became so old in the first SW movie? My head hurts.

Alec Guinness was 63 in 1977 when the original SW was shot.

Cad Bane was born in 62BBY. The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett are currently in year 9ABY. That would make Bane 71 years old.

As for his skin color, some SW geeks even geekier than me are positing that his race pales over the years. I think it could also be because a darker blue might be difficult to film with bluescreen or in the Volume. That's just total guesswork on my part though.

Edited by FierceCritter
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

We also don't know what the lifespan is of Cad Bane's species. We already know that wookies and yodas (not googling it...) live for 100s of years.

16 minutes ago, FierceCritter said:

Alec Guinness was 63 in 1977 when the original SW was shot.

And Ewan McGregor was around 34 when Revenge of the Sith was shot, so he aged 30 years over the 19 year jump.

I thought the lightsaber / beskar scene was meant to mirror a similar scene in the Lone Wolf and Cub movie (or manga). That it wasn't meant to be cruel, but instead it was a way to know where Grogu's instincts pushed him. It's possible that he can't articulate his feelings (mentally, not verbally) to the degree that Luke needs in order to be sure. And Luke obviously has his own Jedi bias, so seeing Grogu's choice would be the clearest demonstration of what Grogu wanted.

babychoice.jpg

• Useful 8
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

What, are Jedi not allowed to have armor? Does beskar suddenly have some sort of Force-nullifying property? It just makes no sense to me that Luke is making Grogu choose between the armor and the lightsaber. I get that the actual choice is Jedi training or returning to Mando, but why can’t Luke just say that and let him have the armor anyway?

I don’t think there is any prohibition on Jedi wearing armor. If there is, I don’t remember it being mentioned in the movies or TV shows. The issue is that the armor is from Mando, so it symbolizes his relationship to Grogu. If Grogu kept the armor, he would still be holding onto Mando, in part, because it’s not just armor—it’s s gift from his surrogate dad.

I have never been happy with the “Jedi do not have attachments” idea. How do they produce and raise Jedi babies? Grow them in laboratories and have them raised by nanny droids until they are old enough to start training? Seems like a good way to create Sith Lords.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Linda956 said:

Is it just me or did it look like Grogu aged a bit since the last time we saw him?  He looks bigger.

In that same line of thinking, I'd also like to know why we've never seen his feet?  Does the puppet not have feet?  Surely when he's CGI'd, we could have feet?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, FierceCritter said:

As for his skin color, some SW geeks even geekier than me are positing that his race pales over the years. I think it could also be because a darker blue might be difficult to film with bluescreen or in the Volume. That's just total guesswork on my part though.

Saw that and totally reasonable fanwank. Yours is quite likely, things don't always translate exactly from animated to live action.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

No, it's that most armor for a Jedi expecting to face other lightsaber wielders would be worse than useless.  It wouldn't protect them and would slow their movement and reaction time.

if those Jedi protecting Grogu were any measure, one average lightsaber wielder can defend against two blasters or so. But people with guns can easily vastly outnumber any small number of lightsaber users. (Those force fields from The Phantom Menace sure would have come in handy. Or even the portable ones the assassins had in the first episode of this show.)

meanwhile, Mando, who himself has many unarmored body parts, seems to only get shot on his armor. (The Darksaber, being an ornery little device, must have aimed to avoid his front leg plate in the previous episode.)

• Love 1
On 2/2/2022 at 3:59 AM, WritinMan said:

With a show that's supposed to be centered around the criminal underworld, I was hoping it would stand on it's own more. Seems like a missed opportunity to introduce more new characters and ideas.

I think the creative team wanted to tell a story about gangsters and the criminal underworld, but then realized they were far better at doing space westerns/The Mandalorian so they went back to thier strengths and that explains the previous two episodes. I was kind of hoping for something like Goodfellas in space, and that version of the The Book of Boba Fett didn't happen. 

On 2/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Is it just me, or do we not love the fact that Din gave the kid chainmail? 

I think it's beyond adorable. I'm wondering how long before Build A Bear makes a version of the chainmail shirt for the Grogu plush they sell. 

On 2/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, Dani said:

At this point I feel like they should have just named it Book of Tatooine or Star Wars: Tatooine. They wouldn’t have had to change a thing and would made a lot more sense. 

I totally love this idea. It would have been a much better series than the one we were actually watching for the first four episodes. Each character/group of characters gets thier own episode and then somehow all the stories intersect in the season finale. An episode totally focused on the staff and regulars of the cantina would have been great. I could've spent a 45 minute episode with the Mods and what thier day to day life was like before Boba Fett recruited them. It would have been cheesy, but entertaining. A full episode on Cobb Vanth trying to maintain law and order and keep the peace in his little corner of the galaxy would have been fantastic. 

6 hours ago, absnow54 said:

The Cad Bane/Cobb Vanth showdown should have closed the episode. It was actually applicable to the overall storyline, and it had great suspense!

Cobb Vanth was fantastic. It felt like they had a list of classic western tropes and were picking the ones they wanted to include. I loved it. 

2 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

How do they produce and raise Jedi babies? Grow them in laboratories and have them raised by nanny droids until they are old enough to start training? Seems like a good way to create Sith Lords.

My understanding (and someone who is far more familiar with the Star Wars universe can correct me if I am wrong) is that regular, normal people have force sensitive children, and the Jedi identify who those children are and then train them from a very young age. 

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian. I wasn't enjoying The Book of Boba Fett until it turned into The Mandalorian. Maybe the writers are just better at space westerns than space gangster stories.  

To the dogs in my neighborhood, I would like to apologize for the sound I made when R2D2 first came on screen. I was so happy! 

Edited by Sarah 103
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

In that same line of thinking, I'd also like to know why we've never seen his feet?  Does the puppet not have feet?  Surely when he's CGI'd, we could have feet?

We caught a glimpse of his feet in this episode, as well as in a few different Mando episodes. Like when Mando picked him up after telling him not to touch the buttons, and in Sanctuary. 

i60j6wjswa751.jpg

• Love 6
3 hours ago, johntfs said:

No, it's that most armor for a Jedi expecting to face other lightsaber wielders would be worse than useless.  It wouldn't protect them and would slow their movement and reaction time.

Surely Jedi face the occasional blaster!

6 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

How do they produce and raise Jedi babies? Grow them in laboratories and have them raised by nanny droids until they are old enough to start training? Seems like a good way to create Sith Lords.

The Jedi's are basically warrior monks, they are celibate. Force sensitive children can be born from anyone. They find them and take them from their families to train them. Yes it's a horrible system and it's one of the reasons the Jedi order fell. 

I wish they could have Ahsoka say something, since she's one of the few that stopped believing in the Jedi way and walked away from the only family she's ever known. But that part of the story is already written and she can't change it. Luke's school has to fall like the first Jedi order. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I have read several good reviews of this episode and the consensus is that The Book of Boba Fett is really, in a way, a chapter of the Mandalorian that was planned purposely to lead the way into Season 3, supposedly, as per quotes from Favreau and Filoni.     We know that it was written and filmed far ahead of airing.  They know who their cash cow is.    Temuera Morrison is 61 and who knows what health issues he may have?  Perhaps he needed to have a fairly easy role.   I saw the end of this episode as Luke trying to bribe and push Grogu into choosing the Jedi option, while on the other hand, Din did the noble thing by leaving the gift and walking away...for right now.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

I have read several good reviews of this episode and the consensus is that The Book of Boba Fett is really, in a way, a chapter of the Mandalorian that was planned purposely to lead the way into Season 3, supposedly, as per quotes from Favreau and Filoni.  

Maybe it will all make sense after the season finale, but as of 1.6, I don't understand why The Book of Boba Fett needed to exist to set up season 3 of The Mandalorian. The Book of Boba Fett 1.5 could just as easily have been the start of The Mandalorian season 3, and the information about the Pyke Syndicate running spice could have been conveyed in a quick scene with a few lines of dialogue. We didn't need the first four episodes of The Book of Boba Fett to accomplish that. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Babalooie said:

Temuera Morrison is 61 and who knows what health issues he may have?  Perhaps he needed to have a fairly easy role.

But why would that be a concern for the role of Boba Fett, who famously never took off his helmet in the original trilogy? After following in the footsteps of The Mandalorian, where series star Pedro Pascal is often not even in the suit??? They didn't have to write so many flashbactas. They didn't need to write him taking his helmet off so much. They could have easily written the Krrsantan assassination attempt in daytime, with a fight double. They definitely didn't need to write him off his own show for the last two episodes. They had a war council meeting and he didn't say a word! Just stood there while the real boss did the talking!!!

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, Sarah 103 said:

I don't understand why The Book of Boba Fett needed to exist to set up season 3 of The Mandalorian.

This avoided all the griping about trying to resolve too many plot threads in one season. There would not be enough episodes for Cad Bane, Raylan Givens and Luke training Grogu. Cad is not a soldier, so he has likely departed and Season 3 will be Mando hunting him down for revenge.

• Love 1

I love how the reactions to Cad Bane are are all the same and pretty much match my reactions. The same thing happened last year with the Luke reveal.

Wait is that a hat? Is it the dude from Rebels/Clone Wars? Oh shit Cad Bane's going to kill Cob Vanth...don't kill Cob Vanth! Kill the Deputy! 😂

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I love how the reactions to Cad Bane are are all the same and pretty much match my reactions. The same thing happened last year with the Luke reveal.

Wait is that a hat? Is it the dude from Rebels/Clone Wars? Oh shit Cad Bane's going to kill Cob Vanth...don't kill Cob Vanth! Kill the Deputy! 😂

Cad: Cobb Vanth, they paid me a lot to kill you.. your deputy is no extra charge.... 

• LOL 2

How is Grogu going to get that chain mail shirt over his head? Does it have a zipper?

He's definitely going to take the pebble from Luke's hand, and it will be time for him to leave.

Cad Bane shot the sheriff and the deputy. And it wasn't in self-defense.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought the deputy looked like James Roday at first glance.

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Epeolatrix said:

I thought the lightsaber / beskar scene was meant to mirror a similar scene in the Lone Wolf and Cub movie (or manga). That it wasn't meant to be cruel, but instead it was a way to know where Grogu's instincts pushed him. It's possible that he can't articulate his feelings (mentally, not verbally) to the degree that Luke needs in order to be sure. And Luke obviously has his own Jedi bias, so seeing Grogu's choice would be the clearest demonstration of what Grogu wanted.

babychoice.jpg

The lightsaber/beskar scene reminded me of the traditional Korean first birthday celebration, called Dol or Doljanchi.  The child is placed in front of a cloth covered with various items - money, calligraphy brush, a long thread, and in modern versions - a golf ball, a gavel, a stethoscope, etc. The item the child chooses is supposed to predict their future.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doljanchi#Doljabi_(돌잡이):_fortune_telling_custom

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've been on the fence about watching Rebels and Clone Wars for several reasons, but seeing people lose their shit over the entrance of a character I've never seen before is convincing me to do it. I loved the Luke reveal, and it sucks that I'm missing out on other similar moments. Oh well, I guess I'll bite the bullet and starting watching them!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I've been on the fence about watching Rebels and Clone Wars for several reasons, but seeing people lose their shit over the entrance of a character I've never seen before is convincing me to do it. I loved the Luke reveal, and it sucks that I'm missing out on other similar moments. Oh well, I guess I'll bite the bullet and starting watching them!

Those and the Bad Batch are worth a watch. They give a lot more depth to the known characters and introduce some interesting new ones like Cad Bane. He's an interesting one for this show since he has a history with so many characters  including Boba, Fennec and Ahsoka. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I would start with Clone Wars, it introduces pretty much all the characters we've seen pop up in the Live Action, and it really flushes out that period between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Anakin gets really good character development. I could never get into the other animated series, but I loved Clone Wars.

• Useful 1
On 2/2/2022 at 11:56 PM, Dani said:

When you really look at what the Jedi’s believe he’s really not a hypocrite. Not having attachments doesn’t mean not caring or loving others. It is a really convoluted concept. Luke does love and care about people but he’s really not attached in the way he means. It was based on the Buddhist idea of attachment which is an defined as the exaggerated not wanting to be separated from someone or something. The goal isn’t being free from attachment but non-attachment which is more accurately viewed as healthy attachments.

I understand this in theory, but am having a hard time seeing how Grogu can maintain his healthy attachment to The Mandalorian if he's not allowed to spend time with him.  Turning Din away seems counter-productive since Grogu is constantly yearning for him.  That yearning won't go away, and might even grow stronger as the separation continues.

According to Bowlby and Ainsworth's attachment theory, healthy attachments form when a young child feels secure that the parent is available to comfort them.  The child with a secure attachment will explore, return to the parent for reconnection and reassurance, then go back out to explore again.  I think Grogu would feel safer, happier, and more focused on his Jedi training if he knew he could spend time with Din at regular intervals. 

Dani, I'm not arguing with you or your excellent explanation of how the show is using the concept of "attachment," I just want to tell Luke, "Think it through" (tm Cobb Vanth).

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Anakin gets really good character development. I could never get into the other animated series, but I loved Clone Wars.

Seriously. I loathed Anakin in the prequel trilogies but, damn if the Clone Wars didn't give him depth. I really felt for him in S7.

I'm hope we get Force Ghost Anakin on the Ahsoka show. Their relationship was so strong and so deep.

Back on topic, I get that the Jedi were a Religious Organization of Warrior Monks but, I'll never understand the whole "no attachment" thing. It would be one thing if it was, No Wife/Kids because that would distract from your purpose of defending the universe. But saying no attachments never made sense. Are you telling me Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't have an attachment?  Are we saying Anakin and Ahsoka didn't have an attachment? Like/Leia/Han all had attachments.

This never worked for me and, I was glad that the Legends Universe went away from it. With Luke getting married and having a kid (who grew up to be a Jedi). Leia/Han having 3 kids all went on to be Jedi (ignore the rest of that crap).😂

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

How do they produce and raise Jedi babies?

My knowledge from that one quest in the Old Republic video game: basically, if the parents see any magical (Force) proclivities in their child or Force users nearby sense them, they are given/taken to/by the Jedi Order to train.*

*Well, I now see that BioWare used that same trope in DragonAge mages as well...

8 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

I agree with the other posters that the animated shows are well worth watching overall.  The only thing I’ll add is that Clone Wars was intentionally produced non-chronologically- for example, the CW Movie, which introduced Ashoka, is technically the first story arc. But later on in the series, they go back and show the episodes leading up to that moment.  It’s honestly not a huge deal- just something to keep in mind as you go.  I’m sure you can find lists online that put the series in “order,” but it’s really not necessary to follow the stories.  Otherwise, Rebels and Bad Batch are both presented chronologically, but you may as well start with CW to get familiar with the characters since some return in the later shows.  

Edited by Chyromaniac
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I have read several good reviews of this episode and the consensus is that The Book of Boba Fett is really, in a way, a chapter of the Mandalorian that was planned purposely to lead the way into Season 3, supposedly, as per quotes from Favreau and Filoni.     We know that it was written and filmed far ahead of airing.  They know who their cash cow is.    Temuera Morrison is 61 and who knows what health issues he may have?  Perhaps he needed to have a fairly easy role.   I saw the end of this episode as Luke trying to bribe and push Grogu into choosing the Jedi option, while on the other hand, Din did the noble thing by leaving the gift and walking away...for right now.  

The guy who played the Deputy is Temuera Morrison's stunt double and the show's stunt coordinator.  If there is something Temuera couldn't do, just have Boba Fett put his helmet on and the young stunt guy does it for him - like Mando.  Also, surely you're not saying that 61 is old?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Not gonna lie:

If this last episode has a big showdown that starts to go bad for our little band of "heroes," then the bad guys start to levitate or something and we cut to Grogu in his chainmail using the Force on them, I'm going to lose my shit.

Edited by WritinMan
Typos
  • Love 11