Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04 : She's a Super Tease

• Start Topic

In their first acting challenge, the queens must create iconic moments for a Drag Race Super tease extended trailer.

I mean the winner of that lipsync was a choice … I don’t think strutting around in a dress you couldn’t really move in for fear of messing up the dress really embodies JLO but hey I’m not a judge 

• Love 6

I loved this one as well. The challenge was one of my favorites ever. Kornbread did well, and all I have to do is think about what Kandy or Silky would have done/said to Jasmine to be okay with how she handled it. I mean, it's a hugely beneficial lesson for Jasmine to learn, and I was starting to see signs of the Bob/Derrick Barry collab, where they grew to at least respect each other's differences. 

I'm okay with Alyssa leaving, at the beginning of the lip sync, I thought I saw some blurring of the words, and I think sometimes all the shenanigans are to hide that. Also, I simply prefer Kerri to stay. 

So happy for Angeria, she is a force for sure, and for me, the F3 should be Willow, Angeria, and Kornbread, with 4th and 5th TBD. Also glad Deja did well. Damn that sob story was funny.

• Love 5

Something was messed up with my broadcast; I only saw three of the runway looks and then it went to really long commercials and during judges critique the music was super loud and I couldn’t hear the judges. I thought the ‘ teaser’ challenge was original but I don’t know if the contestants know each other enough to really lean into the cat fights. I did really like the outfits on the two bottom contestants. 

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Something was messed up with my broadcast; I only saw three of the runway looks and then it went to really long commercials and during judges critique the music was super loud and I couldn’t hear the judges. I thought the ‘ teaser’ challenge was original but I don’t know if the contestants know each other enough to really lean into the cat fights. I did really like the outfits on the two bottom contestants. 

Edited to add: was able to watch the whole episode this morning. Really loved the JLO outfits , they were all good. Didn’t care for the tired judges jokes during runway.

• Love 1

As I was watching the "Night of 1000 JLo's," I was pleasantly surprised that each one was unique.  I remember the season of Madonna fashions, where 4 queens were inspired by her kimono look (season 8?). Now I'm wondering if the looks had to be pre-approved so that the same issue wouldn't be repeated.  I also liked the photo comparisons with JLo wearing the look, next to the contestants' looks.  

It seemed to me that those with the poorest acting were wearing amazing looks.  It would have been a difficult one to judge.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

As I was watching the "Night of 1000 JLo's," I was pleasantly surprised that each one was unique.  I remember the season of Madonna fashions, where 4 queens were inspired by her kimono look (season 8?). Now I'm wondering if the looks had to be pre-approved so that the same issue wouldn't be repeated.  I also liked the photo comparisons with JLo wearing the look, next to the contestants' looks.  

It seemed to me that those with the poorest acting were wearing amazing looks.  It would have been a difficult one to judge.

Agree, I wondered if we would see a bunch of repeat looks but they were all unique. I was pleasantly surprised. 

• Love 3

I was already finding boy Bosco pretty cute, but then in the initial workroom scene in which he was rocking the long, flowing hair and baseball cap - whoa, took me back to my childhood bedroom wall covered with pics of Winger, White Lion, Skid Row, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Be still, my 80's teenage heart!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 1/29/2022 at 9:20 AM, Ananayel said:

I loved this one as well. The challenge was one of my favorites ever. Kornbread did well, and all I have to do is think about what Kandy or Silky would have done/said to Jasmine to be okay with how she handled it. I mean, it's a hugely beneficial lesson for Jasmine to learn, and I was starting to see signs of the Bob/Derrick Barry collab, where they grew to at least respect each other's differences. 

I don't think Kornbread came across all that well. It seemed like she was right to call out Jasmine initially, but then she went overboard, into the territory of being hostile and controlling.

Yelling at her for taking notes, really? It didn't even occur to her that Jasmine might be taking down what they were saying?

• Like 1
  • Love 17

I really started disliking Kornbread this episode. She was just taking it too far with Jasmine, who so far seems like a sweetheart.

On a different note, it would have been funny if Kornbread had named herself Kornbread Kardashian.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I do understand how Jasmine is sucking up too much of the energy in the room and Kornbread is trying to close it down so that it isn't all about Jasmine.  She was walking the line, but I also remember how she helped Willow.  

Angeria and Willow are separating themselves as the best of the season.  Kornbread and Bosco are also up there for me.  Still a few filler queens to go.  I hope one of the fillers doesn't have the golden ticket.

• Love 6

Yeah the Kornbread- Jasmine drama was exhausting. I actually felt for Jasmine too as she does seem sweet otherwise. 

I thought some of the other girls were a bit limp in the challenge and with mediocre runways and could have been in the bottom i.e. Orion, Bosco and of course Jorgeous. 

Alyssa and Kerri had 2 of the best runways IMO which could have saved them. I thought Alyssa was doing a bit too much in the lipsync while Kerri was emoting more but I felt for Alyssa going out on one of her idols (JLo) songs. She served some great looks on the show and IMHO could have been in the top for the ball. 

Yeah the Top 3 are Angeria, Willow and Kornbread and everyone else trailing behind.

• Love 1

I'm at a loss as to where I'd rank Kornbread compared to the other girls.

She's got lots of charisma, and she's naturally funny, and she did well in the talent show.

But on the other hand, her fashion is pretty tragic, and she was one of the worst in the comedy challenge, which she should have killed.

• Love 3

Kornbread, I think, took her criticism of Jasmine a bit too far. I get telling her to basically STFU, but I thought it was inappropriate to tell her not to take notes. It may come as a shock to Kornbread but the basis of a University education is taking notes while listening. It is possible. 

The Rupaul's Racial Rules Theory of Lip-syncing took a HUGE hit this week.

Maddy's walk seemed a bit better this week BUT she was wearing pants so maybe that helped? 

Too early to call but Algeria v. Willow Pill as favorites? 

• Love 2

Just realized there was no Kim Chi/Adore movie review ad Friday night. I miss them already. 

I am still triggered by the OG "night of 1000 fill in the blank" from years ago when it was Madonna and we saw the many kimono looks so I was honestly expecting to see 3 or 4 green Versace knockoffs here. Thankfully that didn't happen & Miss Kerry slayed it. 

I felt for Jasmine after Kornbread's continued hostility. I agree with her initial observation about Jasmine's taking over conversations but I feel she went too far. 

Loved the super teaser bringing up Willow's flip flops again & Ru's faux OTT reaction to them. I'll take this over Run on a "coffee enema" any time!

• Love 2

There's a lot of variation in people's expectations of when to stop and when to jump in on a conversation, too, just based on where you're from and your family's conversational style. I wonder if Jasmine & Kornbread just come from places at the relative extremes of this, so what feels normal to Jasmine feels rude to Kornbread. It can be hard for either side to adjust when they interact. (one quick take on it here: https://www.inc.com/jessica-stillman/conversation-style-interruption-cooperative-overlapping.html). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thank you for posting Jasmine's comment. That's what I was feeling from her, but since we weren't there and we only saw a teensy bit of the process, it seemed worse. And, to be fair, a situation like that can be edited in several different ways. 

• Love 4

While Kerri looked beautiful, I am completely uninspired by her JLo look since it was literally a JLo outfit. I don't understand why people think she should have won because she had access to that. I'm much more impressed by someone reinterpreting for their body shape or imitating on a budget than someone having money or network (or both) to get the original. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9