Type keyword(s) to search

Getting Curious With Jonathan Van Ness - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I had a rough week at work, and I checked out the show because JV is so joyful. 

The first episode was a bit of a tough watch, only because I am a serious arachnophobe. But I loved his willingness to try things that made him uncomfortable. 

That being said, eating bugs is a no from me, lol. I did enjoy seeing Padma.

I enjoyed the hair episode a lot more. "Is that a sarcophagus?" "No."

All the experts are really enjoying sharing their knowledge, which adds a lot.

The interview with Ayanna Pressley was great.

The episodes are a little brief for the ground that he's trying to cover, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'll check out the rest.

• Love 1

On 1/28/2022 at 10:09 PM, CrazyDog said:

I had a rough week at work, and I checked out the show because JV is so joyful. 

Exactly. How nice is it to escape and watch an informative show?

I loved the non binary episode. I'm an old, so I never quite understood what it means for people. I'm always respectful, I ask people their pronouns and use them, I'll support and prop up non binary people, I just don't feel the people I know have the onus of educating me, you know?  Every guest on the show was great, but Alok really resonated with me. When they said "we are poetry" I definitely got emotional. So true and so important. 

• Love 1