Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: A Moral Star, Part 1

• Start Topic

The crew forgo their dreams of Starfleet to return to Tars Lamora in a no-win scenario.

Original Airdate: Thursday, January 27, 2022 on Paramount+

pro-109-preview-03-768x322.jpg

This is a two parter, concluding next week, before Season 1 starts a hiatus.

4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

This is a two parter, concluding next week, before Season 1 starts a hiatus.

Another one? Okay.

I was a little misty-eyed when the crew showed up on the bridge wearing Starfleet uniforms.

I was also shocked--shocked!--Diviner double-double-crossed the crew.

The crew using the Diviner's ignorance, desperation, and innate sense of superiority against him was a pretty solid plan. Though I am curious what his beef is with Starfleet? The Federation isn't perfect, but I doubt they did anything bad enough to justify Diviner enslaving a bunch of people.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2022 at 5:05 PM, steelyis said:

Another one? Okay.

I was a little misty-eyed when the crew showed up on the bridge wearing Starfleet uniforms.

I was also shocked--shocked!--Diviner double-double-crossed the crew.

The crew using the Diviner's ignorance, desperation, and innate sense of superiority against him was a pretty solid plan. Though I am curious what his beef is with Starfleet? The Federation isn't perfect, but I doubt they did anything bad enough to justify Diviner enslaving a bunch of people.

See, this is where its going to demand something major and compelling to end this.

Being desperate to save your people?  Got it.

But if we're supposed to truly buy this as a gray moral situation by the end, slavery and (as shown in this episode) attempted mass murder of your slaves is a big distance to gap.

Clearly The Diviner knows Starfleet from when his stupid robot attacked the ship the first time around. 

I'm returning to a speculation I made half a season ago. His civilization had some disaster or threat and somehow Starfleet didn't help/respond in a way he thought was adequate. Something was being demanded that's out of bounds, like Starfleet taking sides in a war, or some diversion of their ship they weren't allowed to do. The Diviner attacked the ship but some disaster happened.  Holo Janeway is the one who somehow buried the ship, then wiped her memory of it. The rest of the crew?  If the show is gutsy, they're dead.  If not?  They're in stasis somewhere or somehow back in The Federation. 

• Love 2