Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: We Made It, Ya Slags

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

An exhausted Rachel takes out her frustrations on Heather as she struggles to focus during the last dinner service; long-simmering tensions amongst the crew come to light during the crew's final night out.

Airdate: 01/31/2022

An exhausted Rachel takes out her frustrations on Heather - OHHHHH I'll have the popcorn ready.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Rayna at least did a great job. Give her that.   She did her job and aided in the galley. Flying colors. Heather, on the other hand, was mostly scattered and her manners need help.  Fingers in the food, doing her gross hair in the kitchen and tonight even scooting her butt across the table.  She couldn't keep her  big mouth shut when Rachel kept calling for quiet.  She is just an attention Hoe.

Pretty obvious her new stew pal kept her distance during that fight and had nothing to say.  Seems llke she has witnessed Heathers act before. 

Edited by crimson23
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

Captain Lee, who never met a clumsy catch phrase he didn't like, calls the Hamilton shenanigans "corny."

The chef is a narcissist. "I must have QUIET in the galley." As if she's the only exhausted one.

Rayna is a petulant toddler. She won't get far with that attitude.

The guests were lovely.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, endure said:

Why do they all act like they will never see each other again at the end of the episode?

So true and funny. I saw that after the season that Captain Lee and Eddie did a meet and greet function together in Stamford , CT. Not only do they see each other, but they are pulling in some decent cash as well. LOL

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

So no reunion show on WWHL, apparently. Looks like Bravo doesn't want to touch this one with a ten foot pole. No wonder. If they really looked at it objectively, Rayna does not come off well.

In the end, I think they did a fair job of showing both sides. They showed us what actually happened, and tried their best to give Rayna a decent edit. But at the end of the day it was pretty clear who was being the unreasonable one. 

Unfortunately, I must disagree. Because context is everything. Heather did not call Rayna a bad word or say a bad word in passing. She repeated something that RAYNA SAID herself. I just never bought that she was really all that upset about it. It didn't even occur to her to say something in the moment. She corrected Heather well after the fact and bent over backwards to assure her they were all good. She just used that incident as an excuse from then on. I think she actually convinced herself that was the issue and just focused all her vitriol on Heather from that point on. 

I'm not going to play armchair psychologist here but Rayna just has a lot of growing up to do. Coddling her and telling her she has a right to act the way she does will not help with that. I think the way she turned on Wes really speaks to that. She cannot handle criticism. That was really the problem all along. Absent the incident with Heather I'm certain she would have found some other imaginary grievance to divert it and play the victim.

I agree with you on this.  The word was said but not at anyone, especially Rayna, and was not said in anger.  It was a drunk moment people.  I too never thought Rayna was all that upset about it but she knew she could use it whenever she was in the hot seat or just to stir the pot.  Being a black woman with white male bosses she knew no one would question her on it.  And she was right.  They all immediately started with apologizes and bent over backwards to make Rayna feel special.  She is smart on that one.

What she didn't take into account is it is all on tape.  We watched her use it every chance she could.  We saw Heather apologize twice, well now three times and it is Rayna who will not forgive.  Forgive what exactly I don't know.  In Rayna's attempt to make Heather look like a racist, she failed miserably.  If anyone is racist it is Rayna.  And Rayna if you as so traumatized by something and the offending person apologizes, do not say it's all good and cool if it's not.  

I don't really understand the Heather hate and that's fine. I actually did not think she was that bad.  I felt bad for her that all this drama was happening around her and she had no clue.  Eddie should have let Heather know from the beginning and the 3 should have sat down to discuss.  Which we know Rayna would have repeated the "its was all good" effectively shutting Rayna down using it as an excuse as to why she sucked at her job or as a human being in general.  

Rayna owes Wes an apology.  Oh, wait Rayna apologizes for nothing.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Fraser seem to be pitching himself as the next Chief Stew. We'll see if that happens. 

I wouldn't mind it actually.  Heather wasn't terrible but she wasn't nearly as good/interesting/entertaining as she thinks she is. 

I also think they're setting Eddie up to replace Captain Lee. As others have mentioned, he looks a little frail. Wondering if he's contemplating retirement.

• Love 9

I was very harsh and judgmental toward Rachel last season. I'm so glad we got to see her sober. I wonder if she was responsible for helping Rayna give up alcohol and get sober herself? If so, bravo Rachel!!

I had a long post about why I thought Rachel was so awesome this season but it was gone before I could post it.
Running such an important department alone and so well, giving Heather (her roommate, no escaping her) good advice as she struggled with her own department and intradepartmental issues, giving Rayna a place to do well and perhaps igniting a new passion, etc.

Great season for Rachel!!

• Love 24

The way Rayna kept throwing Wes’ mixed race parents at him like it gave him a get out of jail free card…sorry, Rayna, but to the average man on the street, Wes is Black.  I’m pretty sure he’s had a lot of tough times too, but he didn’t seem to have a GIANT chip on his shoulder.  

• Love 23
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not going to play armchair psychologist here but Rayna just has a lot of growing up to do.

100%

14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

She cannot handle criticism. That was really the problem all along.

That is true and that is why I do not think a culinary career would be a good choice for her.  If cutting up strawberries and helping with garnish and such maybe fun but real culinary school will crush her as would working in a professional kitchen and nobody has ever described getting yelled at by a chef in a kitchen as "fun."   

If Rayna was on a real charter as in no cameras I doubt the N word issue would have gone undocumented and I also doubt Rayna would have continued to be a crew member with her poor attitude, bringing down morale and lacking in her boating skill set.

Was anyone else shocked that we did not see any scenes of Lee, Rayna and Heather meeting about the issue that was being talked about everywhere on the yacht? 

I did not hate Heather as a chief stew, her table scapes were not amazing but she was very organized for beach picnics, more than some of the other CS's...the ice cream delivery via Hamilton was not her fault, she told Eddie to wait 10 minutes but other than that I thought she did a good job.

Do we need Lee to return for next season?  

• Love 9

If he's up for it, I hope he does. Lee is always good entertainment value for me.

Others I'd like to see return: Eddie, Rachel (definitely gets the award for Most Improved!), Fraser, and Wes.

I could put up with Heather and Jake for another go, but I wouldn't cry if they don't return, either. Kaylee I didn't get much of a feel for, but I'm willing to see more of her if Bravo invites her back.

Rayna I don't want to ever see again UNLESS there's a season where everyone above her in the org chart is black. That could be fun.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Rayna seems very young and immature.  All season, each time they showed the clips of Heather apologizing, Rayna saying it was all cool and hugging it out, and then Rayna continuing to be angry and badmouth Heather and tell other crew members about it ... yeesh.  I'm sure Rayna probably felt at the time that her outrage was going to look very justified when it aired on TV, but instead it just looked like the worst and most immature way to handle the situation.  If Rayna truly felt that the context did not matter in re: Heather's use of the word and that no apology would ever suffice, she needed to say so, agree to be professional for the duration of the season, but not offer forgiveness or friendship.  Instead it seems what she really wanted was for everyone else to be outraged on her behalf and for Heather to be hated by the rest of the crew too.  Or fired?  Or burned at the stake?  I'm not really sure what she wanted after having failed to get the crew in on the Heather-hate, but I suspect this is what made her go so high school gossip girl about it.  In my opinion she's still no Lexi, but I do hope she grows up before (if) we have to see her on this show again.  

Rachel rocked this season.  I love her sober and sage but no less of a crazy bad ass.  Sure, some missteps with the preference sheets, but we've seen way worse and no one seems harder on her about it than she is on herself.  She's a perfectionist, that's a hard mental burden to bear.  I didn't mind the "quiet galley" business since she did make it clear up front that was what she needed to concentrate for dinner service and was asking others to respect it.  

Wes. Kind, laid back, handsome Wes.  You are better than most of the people we've seen on this show.  Take your money and run to your sailboat and enjoy your happy Caribbean life!  Leave these yahoos in your past.  Maybe Jess can come visit you.

• Love 21
40 minutes ago, Earl Is Dead said:

I didn't mind the "quiet galley" business since she did make it clear up front that was what she needed to concentrate for dinner service and was asking others to respect it.  

Exactly. I've known some pretty good chefs in my life. They are all different in how they perceive their work environment. Some would love to have someone they know walk in their kitchen unannounced on a Saturday evening at 7:30 PM. They wouldn't miss a beat. Others would take an hour to recover. If you love their work, then you have to roll with their style. 

• Love 6

Rayna this episode, yeesh. I'm pretty sure she was tanked before dinner even started. I would have a lot more sympathy for her if she had taken up one of the many opportunities she was given to say her piece about Heather using the slur when she was sober and with a supervisor present. Hell, even if she told Heather that she could be civil during work hours but had no interest in a friendship with her, that would be more than understandable! Instead, she just seethed every time Heather interacted with her until she had the opportunity to ruin everyone's last night together.
I hate the quiet galley BS. I worked at an upscale restaurant where a new chef tried to pull that in the kitchen and was promptly laughed at by every server. If you're serving a dinner the kitchen/galley is the only chance to communicate out of the earshot of guests and there can be a lot that needs to be communicated. Heather wasn't even chit chatting, she was asking questions about the meal being served when Rachel and Rayna snapped at her. I like Rachel, especially when she doesn't drink, but if you don't want those questions to be asked while you're working, make sure those questions have been answered clearly ahead of service. 
I loved Eddie this season, I think we could see him become a better manager as time went on. Jake and Fraiser were also very sweet leaving for Miami together. I hope that is a friendship they maintain. 

• Love 4

I tried to give Rayna a lot of passes this season, excusing her behavior, but going after Wes was the last straw. Telling him he's less of a Black man because he's mixed race? As if he's had less of an experience in the world (and he was Black enough for her when they were commiserating about their shared experiences facing racism in the U.S.)! I thought the way she spoke to him was absolutely uncalled for - he was her ally this whole season. I'm FURIOUS.

• Love 24

I'm sure Rayna probably felt at the time that her outrage was going to look very justified when it aired on TV, but instead it just looked like the worst and most immature way to handle the situation.  

Part of me wonders if Rayna even remembers the context in which Heather used the offensive word. Heather didn't seem to remember using it herself the first time Rayna brought it up. Both of them were drunk. And during this last outing when she's drunk again she starts this passive aggressive shit saying "Heather likes to use the N word" and "I don't forgive white people who use the N word" and also said Heather was the rudest to Kaylee. WTF? It's like she doesn't even know what she's saying.

The problem is, of course, that we know. They showed it on TV. And surely Rayna had seen that episode before appearing on WWHL and still didn't seem to know and/or care about the context, and was still playing the victim.

Also, the cynic in me can't help but wonder if the entire incident was just manufactured for the show. Or, at least it did happen organically and then Rayna was coached to play it up. 

Unfortunately for Rayna, calling Heather and bitch and a ho just brings her down to the same level she accused Heather of occupying. Even the next morning, when she was supposedly sober, she told Wes she didn't want anyone "defending that ho." Real classy there, lady. You can be mad at someone all you want, you don't get to call the shots for everyone else.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I agree with you on this.  The word was said but not at anyone, especially Rayna, and was not said in anger.  It was a drunk moment people.  I too never thought Rayna was all that upset about it but she knew she could use it whenever she was in the hot seat or just to stir the pot.  Being a black woman with white male bosses she knew no one would question her on it.  And she was right.  They all immediately started with apologizes and bent over backwards to make Rayna feel special.  She is smart on that one.

Yep, she used her I'm so offended by the horrible Heather whenever she was getting tired, bitchy, told not to roll her eyes, had her work questioned or corrected, or when Fraser moved in on Jake. 

6 hours ago, snarts said:

I wouldn't mind it actually.  Heather wasn't terrible but she wasn't nearly as good/interesting/entertaining as she thinks she is. 

I also think they're setting Eddie up to replace Captain Lee. As others have mentioned, he looks a little frail. Wondering if he's contemplating retirement.

Spoiler

His Instagram story today has him at his gym and the trainer telling him not to gain weight since he's leaving to go film for 2 months, so I'm guessing he's coming back. 

15 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Unfortunately for Rayna, calling Heather and bitch and a ho just brings her down to the same level she accused Heather of occupying. Even the next morning, when she was supposedly sober, she told Wes she didn't want anyone "defending that ho." Real classy there, lady. You can be mad at someone all you want, you don't get to call the shots for everyone else.

Rayna, you know who is a bitch and a ho? You are. You're a bitch to Heather, have no problem hooking up with the engaged Jake, and I don't even how to classify what you did to Wes. You just really suck as a person. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 13

Parting is such sweet sorrow – except when it isn’t.  Thank goodness this season is over.

We are reminded early on in this episode when things went off the rails – when Heather… now what did she do… did she rob a bank?  Did she steal a car?  Did she murder a family in their sleep?  Why no… she said a *word*.  And this one act dominated the narrative for the rest of the season.  No matter how many times she said “sorry” (and I thought she meant it) and no matter how many times Bitchzilla – I mean Rayna – said it was OK, Rayna kept coming back to it like a Kaiju to the Big City.  She then demonstrates in past episode highlights her ability to out-backstab Fraser in her comments to the crew.  But I digress… to continue my comments in order of the episode…

Bitchzilla, in the presence of General Custer – oops, I mean Jake – disses Rachel (the one who gave her opportunities in the kitchen) by saying “She is just over her ass… just how I’m over her the same way.”  Burn bridges much?

I started out this season not having a high opinion of Heather.  I saw her as a naïve kid with delusions of grandeur regarding her future stew career.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s no Kate in terms of experience… but having to deal with Bitchzilla throughout this season gives her a mark or two of favour in my eyes. 

And Wes.  He never was really given an opportunity to shine, but he’s been steady, reliable, and a mensch.

Random thought watching the guests walk away with all those conch and other shells – you realise you just violated several endangered species laws…  (:

Eddie: “I’m gonna miss that laugh.”  He was referring to Bitchzilla – I mean Rayna.  I get it, Eddie – sarcastometre is on 11.  That’s one more than 10…

“Don’t look at her or you’ll turn to stone.  I don’t want to get in her (Rachel’s) way.” – good move, when Rachel is focused.  (:

Captain Lee:  “For Rachel, I could get two or three Eddies.”  QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!

After giving her a nice compliment regarding the service of the evening, sourpuss Bitchzilla says “I physically don’t want to be on a boat with Heather.”  That’s OK, Rayna – we don’t want to watch a programme with you on it either.

Heather:  “What am I to do but take her at her word?”  Indeed, Heather, her “word” is useless.

Rayna proves herself to be a vile human being.  She ruined the entire season.  Rayna’s rants at the end of the episode just show who she is.  And this is the best edit available?  How much worse was it really?

At the end of the day… season…

Captain Lee – looked really frail this season, as I’ve said before.  I wish him good health and long life.

Wes – a really good guy.  Not enough time to get to know him.

Fraser – high hopes at first, weasel shows through.

Eddie – can’t get over his Andy Bernard image.

Kaylee – who?

Rachel – superstar of the season. I feel they put in a lot of stuff in that’s fake to deflect from her brilliance.  What a change from previous appearances on other seasons.  Snarky humour, curses like the sailor she is, but unashamedly a master chef.  Bravo.  Literally.

Rayna – You are beneath contempt.  I’d feel sorry for you, but that would simply enable you to be more like how you are.  Unless you change your attitude, you are doomed.

And with that, the new season of BDSY starts next week!  Will I watch?  Will I comment?  Time will tell.  (:

Thanks everyone for sticking with this season of BD and I’ve enjoyed reading and responding to the comments.  It looks like we all suffer from a common illness.  Hopefully there’s no cure.  (:

• Love 22
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

And, when she was leaving the boat, Rayna even embraced Heather and told her she was forgiven, yet again, and to have a good life.  If you're harboring that much hate for someone, I don't think you embrace them, forgive them again, and wish them well.  You maybe be cool-ly professional, possibly shake hands, say good-bye and keep it moving.  

My issue with Rayna is that she is all over the place with everything.  A few examples:

Yes, she likes Jakes, no - she doesn't want anything to do with him because he's engaged - oh, wait - let's cuddle and have "almost sex" in front of the cameras - no, we're just good friends - wait - he's flirting with Heather, so that's why I'm mad at her.  Oh - Heather can have him.  Oh wait - now he and Fraser are flirting - let me insert myself into that because I'm jealous of a little bromance.  

She complains that Eddie is mean to her because he doesn't help her or compliment her.  Oh, wait...now Eddie is mean to her BECAUSE he's helping her and complimenting her.  He's a great guy (as she has said to his face) - no, he's not a great guy because he doesn't back her up.  But, he's asked her several times about backing her up and going to Captain Lee, but she adamantly refused, so he's not nice to her, because he's doing what she's insisted he do.  

She's upset about a racial slur that was WRONGLY said by a drunk white girl, even though it wasn't said directly TO her, or directed AT her, but she's not so upset that she wants to take it as far up the ladder as she should - but, she won't do that because she doesn't want to be accused of anymore racism.  (I'm not going to say what Rayna said she would be accused of being).  BUT, she will continue to spread this shit to anyone and everyone who will listen, EXCEPT for the ONE person who could possibly do something about it - Captain Lee!!  She claims doesn't want him to know - but, she will keep talking about this over and over and over again, so that Capt. Lee will eventually know and see it on TV (or hear about it from other crew members, as he did from Eddie).  She will forgive the person who drunkenly blurted out an offesive word TO her face, but she maligns that person over and over and over again.  She will vociferously complain the most to the one other POC on the ship, but when that one person disagrees with her attitude, tries to get her to calm down or explain why she is also wrong, she goes off on that one person like he is garbage and she is above him.  She spews a racially charged diatribe at him, which was just as insulting as what was said to her.

She needs to pick a lane.  She NEEDED to, if she was sooo offended, go to Captain Lee to complain to get this straightened out, or she should have gone to production and refused to film anymore.  She had options.  She was not a prisoner.  She could have walked off the show.  If she was so offended, why did she stay?  

Rayna is immature.  She has a constant chip on her shoulder, and is daring someone/anyone to knock it off so she can have a reason to have a go at them.  She looks for things to complain about.  She seems entitled and not willing to learn how to be an adult.

I'm not even going there regarding the racial stuff, because I feel that NO ONE should ever use that word, and it should not be promoted in music, videos, movies or anything else.  It's an offensive word no matter how you or ANYONE says it.

I'm just going by her actions over everything else.

Just my opinion - YMMV

Thank you! You've summed up exactly what I was feeling this season but couldn't put into words.

10 minutes ago, Tanukisan said:

Bitchzilla, in the presence of General Custer – oops, I mean Jake – disses Rachel (the one who gave her opportunities in the kitchen) by saying “She is just over her ass… just how I’m over her the same way.”  Burn bridges much?

Your whole post is great!

For the quoted section: I took it to mean that Rayna was expressing that she was irritated and over Heather, like Rachel was at the picnic, not that Rayna was complaining about Rachel.

Captain Lee had Afib (heart) surgery before the season started-which was why he was late showing up to film and Captain Anal was subbing at first. I've thought he's looked like he's in pain the whole time, as well as frail and older. I wonder if he came back to work too soon?

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Tanukisan said:

Parting is such sweet sorrow – except when it isn’t.  Thank goodness this season is over.

We are reminded early on in this episode when things went off the rails – when Heather… now what did she do… did she rob a bank?  Did she steal a car?  Did she murder a family in their sleep?  Why no… she said a *word*.  And this one act dominated the narrative for the rest of the season.  No matter how many times she said “sorry” (and I thought she meant it) and no matter how many times Bitchzilla – I mean Rayna – said it was OK, Rayna kept coming back to it like a Kaiju to the Big City.  She then demonstrates in past episode highlights her ability to out-backstab Fraser in her comments to the crew.  But I digress… to continue my comments in order of the episode…

I started out this season not having a high opinion of Heather.  I saw her as a naïve kid with delusions of grandeur regarding her future stew career.  Don’t get me wrong, she’s no Kate in terms of experience… but having to deal with Bitchzilla throughout this season gives her a mark or two of favour in my eyes. 

And Wes.  He never was really given an opportunity to shine, but he’s been steady, reliable, and a mensch.

Random thought watching the guests walk away with all those conch and other shells – you realise you just violated several endangered species laws…  (:

Eddie: “I’m gonna miss that laugh.”  He was referring to Bitchzilla – I mean Rayna.  I get it, Eddie – sarcastometre is on 11.  That’s one more than 10…

“Don’t look at her or you’ll turn to stone.  I don’t want to get in her (Rachel’s) way.” – good move, when Rachel is focused.  (:

Captain Lee:  “For Rachel, I could get two or three Eddies.”  QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!

After giving her a nice compliment regarding the service of the evening, sourpuss Bitchzilla says “I physically don’t want to be on a boat with Heather.”  That’s OK, Rayna – we don’t want to watch a programme with you on it either.

Heather:  “What am I to do but take her at her word?”  Indeed, Heather, her “word” is useless.

Rayna proves herself to be a vile human being.  She ruined the entire season.  Rayna’s rants at the end of the episode just show who she is.  And this is the best edit available?  How much worse was it really?

Captain Lee – looked really frail this season, as I’ve said before.  I wish him good health and long life.

Kaylee – who?

Rachel – superstar of the season. I feel they put in a lot of stuff in that’s fake to deflect from her brilliance.  What a change from previous appearances on other seasons.  Snarky humour, curses like the sailor she is, but unashamedly a master chef.  Bravo.  Literally.

Rayna – You are beneath contempt.  I’d feel sorry for you, but that would simply enable you to be more like how you are.  Unless you change your attitude, you are doomed.

And with that, the new season of BDSY starts next week!  Will I watch?  Will I comment?  Time will tell.  (:

Thanks everyone for sticking with this season of BD and I’ve enjoyed reading and responding to the comments.  It looks like we all suffer from a common illness.  Hopefully there’s no cure.  (:

I wish I could like this 1,000 times!!!  Excellent recap of a less than stellar season.  

This season proves the old proverb that "one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel" - I feel like the season would have been entirely different with just ONE different deck crew member.

• Love 9
On 1/31/2022 at 7:12 PM, aqusdealer said:

I really wish I didn't have to end the season with another Rayna, post but I just have to. He behaviour at the last evening out was heinous. Complete immaturity and unbridled anger. Everything she said she was trying not to be....she was. Definitely tried to sabotage the vibe of the night (and season) and succeeded. So much anger and resentment. I get the fact that she was once beat up in an elevator for nothing more than the color of her skin, (and that was horrible and should never have happened to anyone) but why self destruct the rest of your life? And why take it out on your work mates? Heather did not deserve all that abuse. Wes didn't either. He tried to be a friend to her and when he didn't side with her, she turned on him too. He was right to talk to her at the end. Too bad none of it sunk in. I hope she sees how she really came off when she watches the season prior to going on the reunion show. Maybe she won't attend. We'll see.

I just know that I'm going to be pissed off beyond words when the reunion airs, because ass-kisser Andy is sure to side with that piece of shite Rayna, who is hands down the worst beyotch to ever appear on Below Deck.  She has even amazingly surpassed the ???Bahamian??? beauty queen from Below Deck Med in nasty, unjustified bitchiness.

This last episode also pissed me off with how everyone was once again kowtowing to this C U Next Tuesday.  I really love Wes, and think he's a lovely human who didn't deserve the wrath this loser heaped upon him, but I really wish that he hadn't tried to be supportive of her, because she was so undeserving of any support from anyone.

I hope that every single crew member has seen what really went down on the night of the use of the N word, and the following episodes in which Heather DID SINCERELY apologize, and Rayna LYINGLY pretended to accept, so they can see what fools this narcissistic sociopath made of them all with her half-truths about what really went down.

The end where she hugged Heather goodbye is hands down the phoniest, most disingenuous thing I've ever witnessed on any reality show to date.  Too bad she doesn't NOW get beaten up in an elevator, because I will never ever feel any sympathy for this lying, vicious twat.

• Love 9
On 1/31/2022 at 7:37 PM, Chickabiddy said:

Ok, so in life according to Rayna, Heather must be raked over the coals forever for what she said when drunk, but when Rayna is equally insulting and vile to Wes, we all need to move on because everyone was drunk, and it was a bad night. 🙄

Sidebar: Rayna has every right to be angry with Heather for what she said, but she also needs to step up and own her own vile behavior with Wes. Hypocrisy thy name is Rayna. 🙄🙄

With all due respect, I don't see where this lying, piece of shite, C U Next Tuesday Rayna has any right to be angry with Heather, because clearly as evidenced by the camera footage of the use of the N word Rayna said it first, and Heather did not say it AT this nasty twat.  She repeated it absent-mindedly IMO, and it was in no way uttered out of bigotry or meanness.

Every time that lying asshole gets drunk, she says the meanest, nastiest things yet gets forgiven and ass-kissed after she's said these things, and told to calm down as if something horrible had been done to her to be made up for.  This twat should never say the word either, and I truly believe Heather is sincerely sorry for REPEATING what had already been said in the twat's state of extreme drunkeness.  I DON'T believe she apologized solely because it was caught on camera and she didn't want to be the bad person.  I really DO believe that she was horrified that her merely repeating something the twat had already said had hurt the twat that deeply and wanted to make amends for her part in it.  I view Heather as a "needs to be liked by everyone" type of person, which is harmless in and of itself.  She couldn't bear that Rayna had so much hate for her.

It was so unfair all of the times that the twat got away with her mistelling of what really went down, leaving Heather's coworkers to think she said and did something beyond redemption, when that was clearly NOT the case at all.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, gaPeach said:

What she didn't take into account is it is all on tape.  We watched her use it every chance she could.  We saw Heather apologize twice, well now three times and it is Rayna who will not forgive.  Forgive what exactly I don't know.  In Rayna's attempt to make Heather look like a racist, she failed miserably.  If anyone is racist it is Rayna.  And Rayna if you as so traumatized by something and the offending person apologizes, do not say it's all good and cool if it's not.  

I don't really understand the Heather hate and that's fine. I actually did not think she was that bad.  I felt bad for her that all this drama was happening around her and she had no clue.  Eddie should have let Heather know from the beginning and the 3 should have sat down to discuss.  Which we know Rayna would have repeated the "its was all good" effectively shutting Rayna down using it as an excuse as to why she sucked at her job or as a human being in general.  

Rayna owes Wes an apology.  Oh, wait Rayna apologizes for nothing.

Very well said!

It's a shame that no one had actually witnessed/heard what went down when it went down, or at the very least during one of Heather's multiple apologies to the twat, and the twat's overwhelming phony acceptance of Heather's sincere apologies, because that actually would have shut down her being able to constantly bring it up time and time and time and time and time again so as to elicit undeserved sympathy from her fellow crew members.

I don't know if I'm misremembering because I can't recall the specifics, but I vaguely remember the twat having been previously racist towards West as well. 

On a separate note, but in keeping with my loathing of this beyotch, I can't fathom how on earth Jake was able to make out with this physically (not just personality-wise) C U Next Tuesday.  Her face is so damn ugly to me, that it should be pasted in a dictionary next to the word vomit, because if vomit had a face it would be the twat's.

She so was NOT bothered at the time the word was used, or shortly thereafter.  I have two opinions as to what possibly motivated the twat to repeatedly use the N word incident every time she was effing up on her job.  One opinion is that she recollected what went down the night the word was said and told that to someone over the phone who advised her to make an issue of it.  The other opinion is that she thought of this on her own.  Either way, her use of it as an excuse for her laziness and incompetence were horrible. 

Personally, I did not see any examples of where or when she actually did a good job.  She was at best mediocre.  I just think that the compliments about her were overblown.  And I DON'T give her any kudos whatsoever for helping out in the kitchen, because I view that as just another way for this twat to gain extra screen time and to try to make herself appear better than she actually is.

I don't think that Heather was the worst or the best chief stew to ever appear on any of the versions of Below Deck there have been.  But to her credit she always tried to be upbeat around the guests and her coworkers.

Meanwhile, the twat was never ever anything but a "Debbie Downer", except when she was trying to get into Jake's (usually off) pants.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, MartyQui said:

The way Rayna kept throwing Wes’ mixed race parents at him like it gave him a get out of jail free card…sorry, Rayna, but to the average man on the street, Wes is Black.

yeah, and nearly every African American who is a descendant of enslaved people is "biracial," because of you know, rape. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Kaylee – who?

I was super-pissed off when I saw what the guest took away from the beach with them.  Why didn't any of the crew tell them to leave it where it was?  There are actually signs at some of the beaches in San Diego, California that tell you not to remove any of the sea critters' shells, etc from there.

FLOVED sober Rachel.  She may very well be one of the only OR the only cast member to ever have witnessed herself in a previous season and actually changed/modified her behaviors in the new seasons moving forward, demonstrating a better version of herself than before.  And she is possibly the most brilliant chef I've ever seen.

I've already spewed most of my hatred of the C U Next Tuesday, Rayna.  But on a separate note about her, how was it even acceptable for her to wear those long braids that were flipping and flopping in every direction?  I'm talking about in the kitchen as well as on deck.  In the kitchen I can only imagine how much hair of hers got into the food, and on deck it seems risky to me that her hair might get caught in the equipment.  Even though she wore it partially pulled back, I don't think it was tied up enough so as not to cause a danger to her and a liability to the boat owners.  My comments are NOT racially motivated.  Merely OSHA motivated.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

I just know that I'm going to be pissed off beyond words when the reunion airs, because ass-kisser Andy is sure to side with that piece of shite Rayna, who is hands down the worst beyotch to ever appear on Below Deck.

Here I'll have to disagree. Rayna at least proved herself capable of knuckling down and doing adequate work, both on the deck and in the kitchen, even if it was with a bad attitude most of the time. And I didn't feel as if she needed to be kept separate from cutlery at all times for everyone's safety. That puts her way ahead of Rocky Dakota, who was incompetent at everything but swimming and flirting in addition to being poisonous on a personal level.

• Love 8

What a nothing of a season. I really didn't care for the Rayna/Heather stuff and Heather was wrong for saying it but if it bothered Rayna as much as she said it did in this episode the situation should've been nipped in the bud, and that is on Eddie.

I loved Rachel this season. I was a fan last season but cringed at the drunken shit and that really immature quitting/coming back thing. She's amazing.

The rest of the crew were pretty much a snooze, but I thought Jake and Fraser were cute together, despite Fraser being a constant complainer.

I miss the good old days of seasons 2-5.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I was super-pissed off when I saw what the guest took away from the beach with them.  Why didn't any of the crew tell them to leave it where it was?  There are actually signs at some of the beaches in San Diego, California that tell you not to remove any of the sea critters' shells, etc from there.

FLOVED sober Rachel.  She may very well be one of the only OR the only cast member to ever have witnessed herself in a previous season and actually changed/modified her behaviors in the new seasons moving forward, demonstrating a better version of herself than before.  And she is possibly the most brilliant chef I've ever seen.

I've already spewed most of my hatred of the C U Next Tuesday, Rayna.  But on a separate note about her, how was it even acceptable for her to wear those long braids that were flipping and flopping in every direction?  I'm talking about in the kitchen as well as on deck.  In the kitchen I can only imagine how much hair of hers got into the food, and on deck it seems risky to me that her hair might get caught in the equipment.  Even though she wore it partially pulled back, I don't think it was tied up enough so as not to cause a danger to her and a liability to the boat owners.  My comments are NOT racially motivated.  Merely OSHA motivated.

You can actually take those shells from the beaches in the Caribbean. The laws there state that you cannot take any shell with a living creature in it, however, you can take empty shells. I have many shells from all over the Caribbean including St. Kitts and Nevis.  I’ve had my bags checked and there is never a problem. There are some countries, like the Philippines, that have a list of shells, living or empty that you can absolutely not take.  

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

For me this was the most boring Below Deck season of every series.
I guess the Pandemic doesn't do them any favors,  the casting was weak, the guests indifferent and everyone seemed bored and tired.
If it wasn't for the locations I am not sure I would had finished the season.
I don't care about the reality drama much, more about interesting characters and the only interesting character in this season's cast was Rachel and still she didn't do much. 
We ended up having as the main "attractions" of the season that Deck crew dude who kept showing us his butt and his willy (like having to cope with his ridiculous mustache wasn't enough) and the deck lady.
Oh, the deck lady, Rayna. I dunno of course if she just as pathetic or she decided to play the role of the angry black person just for the shake of the reality. Could be both, but it didn't work.

I need a spin off with Rachel and her bus!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Zaffy said:

For me this was the most boring Below Deck season of every series.

yeah I checked out two episodes ago after reading here that it seemed like Rayna was the most "interesting" thing that happened and no one liked it much. I wouldn't either. And yeah, I don't need to see what's his names butt anymore.

• Like 1
  • Love 3