Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Campfire, Cuddles, S'more Drama

• Start Topic

Camp Buy Me Love. Cute! 

Andrea talks about having her partner on her side “if the whole world hated her and was against her” and “wants to be a power couple that’s an inspiration for others.” These are strange outlooks on life thinking everyone in the world is going to be focusing on you and either loving you or hating you. I don’t think anyone is going to be thinking of you (once you’re off the screen) or care that much either way even while you’re on our screens. Is this what’s happening with the social media generation—modeling your life after Kim and Kanye or something?

Now it’s reached a point that all of Carolyn’s conversations with Kurt are about controlling his conversations with the other women. If it’s always a lecture and not a fun, engaging interaction anymore, she’s just going to drive him away. You’ve been on a dating show for like a week and she acts like a nagging old wife that’s been together forever. Despite what you’ve told yourself, you have NOT “locked him down.”

Katy going hard on the body glitter to go camping—probably should have slathered on the bug spray instead.

This is like a high school party gone wrong! Carolyn’s BFF, Amanda, is sitting on her man’s lap! She called dibs first! Katy is the third-wheel friend riling her up, “They had their fingers intertwined and I was like what the fuck.” Now Carolyn is confronting him—I didn’t even sit on your lap!! Now Katy ran right over and is sharing a stump with Amanda. This Katy is thirsty and is lapping up the drama! I should have picked up that she was going to put herself in the middle of the action as soon as I noticed that body glitter!

Kurt is in a no-win situation and asks a producer how to extract himself from the situation—the show, even? Kurt is saved by the bell—literally. Here comes Martin ringing a bell, and sends the women away to give Kurt a reminder that this is HIS show, not Carolyn’s. Now he’s giving Breanna a pep talk—and even lets her hold the bell. He even tells her not to talk to Steven tonight, and gracefully leaves out because she’s too drunk. Well, she doesn’t need to open her mouth—falling out of the swing onto her head is evidence enough of her inebriation, in case eating a hot dog that has been lost on the ground wasn’t enough.

it’s the next day and they’re still camping? Did they only pay for a week in the mansion or something? Oh, they’re finally going back.

Suzette, Andrea, and Katy—cutting three gold-digging drama stirrers that has no connection with either guy. I don’t think Carolyn got the message to slow her roll by being one of the last women deemed safe. But if the previews are any indication, maybe she’ll learn her lesson that Kurt left her behind at manor so he can go have a nice time at the winery without her bullshit.

• Love 5

Not sure why they didn’t just eliminate Carolyn, I mean she’s making Kurt not like himself. Why go for the drama? Red flags are everywhere, why is he letting her manipulate him? Damn. I’d be like, we’re not dating, you said I could explore options, so just simmer down. And when she gets all pissy just say that the bloom is coming off the rose. 

Thought it was nice of… Anndreea (?) to give Jennie her coin. 

I would watch a show where Martin tries to reel everyone in. He’s fun.

• Love 13

I'm afraid Kurt is going to pick Carolyn at the end, regardless of how nasty she is. He was whipped from the minute he saw her, like a cartoon character with his eyes bugging out and his heart leaping out of his chest. She'll dump him when she finds out he's not "Joe".

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dingochick said:

Not sure why they didn’t just eliminate Carolyn, I mean she’s making Kurt not like himself. Why go for the drama? Red flags are everywhere, why is he letting her manipulate him? Damn. I’d be like, we’re not dating, you said I could explore options, so just simmer down. And when she gets all pissy just say that the bloom is coming off the rose. 

To be honest I think the problem is that Carolyn is the only one bringing the drama. The rest of the ladies seem to get along and no one seems super possessive of Stephen.

1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

I'm afraid Kurt is going to pick Carolyn at the end, regardless of how nasty she is. He was whipped from the minute he saw her, like a cartoon character with his eyes bugging out and his heart leaping out of his chest. She'll dump him when she finds out he's not "Joe"

I think this is what they are hoping for, the producers I mean. Kurt seems a little sensitive for a guy on a reality show so it will work.

• Love 3

How old is Carolyn? She comes off like a high school/college-level of relationship experience—and meanwhile she has actually been married?!? She doesn’t even realize that by acting possessive, jealous, and pouty/angry, she’s pushing Kurt directly into the arms of Amanda, who knows how to keep it fun and flirty and uncomplicated/drama-free.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

How old is Carolyn? She comes off like a high school/college-level of relationship experience—and meanwhile she has actually been married?!? She doesn’t even realize that by acting possessive, jealous, and pouty/angry, she’s pushing Kurt directly into the arms of Amanda, who knows how to keep it fun and flirty and uncomplicated/drama-free.

She's 30.

• Love 1

Carolyn reminds me of all of the drama from when I was younger (okay, much, much younger).  There were a few times when a woman would basically declare ownership over a man in order to drive those of us who did not want to be a part of the drama away.  Unfortunately, some men seem to enjoy being the center of the drama.  However, Kurt does not appear to be one.  Both Steven and Martin (and the producer) had to reel Kurt back into the game.  I am hopeful that Carolyn will soon be eliminated and will be shocked (!), after which she will go off on Kurt and show who she really is.  And, I am here for it.

I thought the camping looked like fun and I would definitely have been one of the ones who tried to stay out of the drama.  

Okay, maybe it's just me but I thought Breanna was flirting with Martin.

• Love 8

Sigh, I cannot believe I am actually watching this show (I saw the original and the second one), but I have just seen the last 2 episodes. They haven't been there all that long, so what the heck is this "connection" that Carolyn claims to have with Kurt that makes him all hers? He has enjoyed and laughed with and kissed many of the women, so what's the deal? I guess just part of the drama, but if he does want to be with her (and I am sure she will drive him away soon), he is NOT going to want to jump into a serious relationship with a woman with an ex-husband and a child. He is not ready for that and I don't think he even wants that yet. He wants to have fun and not have to be all that responsible.

And, I am with the group that thinks there is a secret and Kurt is either just as rich or richer than Steven. 

In the previews, it looks like both men are interested in the same woman? I wonder how they will settle that? I am guessing that it is NOT Carolyn. I do hope they send her home soon. Kurt is apparently too wimpy to deal with her in any other way than trying to quit.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

To be honest I think the problem is that Carolyn is the only one bringing the drama. The rest of the ladies seem to get along and no one seems super possessive of Stephen.

I agree. I meant why does Kurt wanna deal with her bs, but may not have been clear about that, apologies. 

Martin should have his own show. I don’t know who he’d counsel, but I would at least watch the pilot. 

Edited to add, I forgot I already mentioned Martin having a show….spotty memory!

Edited by dingochick
1 hour ago, dingochick said:

Martin should have his own show. I don’t know who he’d counsel, but I would at least watch the pilot. 

Edited to add, I forgot I already mentioned Martin having a show….spotty memory!

Unlike the original JM butler who was one in real life, Martin is an actor. He also has an occasional gig as a Rod Stewart impersonator. (I am not joking.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjlxtmQkdf1AhUZl3IEHRG3Dq84ChDF9AEoAHoECAUQAg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fvariety.com%2F2021%2Ftv%2Fnews%2Fjoe-millionaire-for-richer-or-poorer-butler-martin-andrew-1235109273%2F&usg=AOvVaw2n40Fd0EfL9Kqs6Sxu3Y0C

Edited by Amy Beth
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Retired at last said:

NOT Carolyn. I do hope they send her home soon.

BEARS REPEATING ...

20 hours ago, Retired at last said:

NOT Carolyn. I do hope they send her home soon.

I think I'm objective about men's and women's looks...but WHY does Kurt think Carolyn is BEAUTIFUL?  Does it just not translate to TV?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Why are personal pronouns so difficult for people on these shows?? 

Not only "these shows," and not only on television.   The executive editor of our local newspaper, The Arizona Republic (weekday circulation over a quarter million) just had to send out a correction to this sentence:  We want to continue building subscriber exclusive experiences and we’d love to know what you would find valuable. Send Greg and I direct feedback here.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@Back Atcha, I just can't stand it when I see and hear that garbage. I don't understand why it doesn't sound wrong to the speaker.  I know, I know, it doesn't, but it should. I guess he could have said, "Me and Greg appreciate the feedback."

He sent it again with thanks and an apology.  Then it simply said, "Send us your feedback."

• Love 1
On 1/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, Back Atcha said:

BEARS REPEATING ...

I think I'm objective about men's and women's looks...but WHY does Kurt think Carolyn is BEAUTIFUL?  Does it just not translate to TV?

I think Carolyn is attractive but (and I hope I get no judgment for saying this) none of the other women there are, in my opinion. So while she's a cute girl, I think if there were other cute girls he wouldn't been as whipped as he is. If Carolyn was on the Bachelor, she'd just blend in.

19 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

think Carolyn is attractive but (and I hope I get no judgment for saying this) none of the other women there are, in my opinion. So while she's a cute girl, I think if there were other cute girls he wouldn't been as whipped as he is. If Carolyn was on the Bachelor, she'd just blend in.

The only judgement I throw - because I think Carolyn is reasonably attractive - is that I find all of the women on this show reasonably attractive. No absolute stunners but on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being an absolute stunner - the women all range from 6 to 9 depending on taste. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

The only judgement I throw - because I think Carolyn is reasonably attractive

Yeah..."reasonably attractive" is it...and it doesn't equal "beautiful" to me.  Perhaps only to Kurt.  She was also MORE attractive when she was casual, fun and outgoing...oops! ... PRETENDING to be fun and outgoing.  Now we see her angry, jealous, plotting and manipulative face.  Definitely not attractive.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Back Atcha said:

Now we see her angry, jealous, plotting and manipulative face.  Definitely not attractive.

I accept that as a woman myself I have never been very good at the chasing of men, but I have never understood women who get intensely jealous the second their man of choice looks at another woman. Particularly in this situation - its a reality show - Kurt simply isn't allowed to pick his chosen on day one and not actually date the other women. Caroline is the classic example of why you shouldn't pick solely on looks - on looks alone you wouldn't know she's easily made jealous and suspicious and is kind of a bitch about it. 

I have a feeling she will be super disappointed if Kurt is revealed as not rich. 

But then I don't buy into the whole "I saw him and I knew he was the one, we have a connection" silliness. 

• Love 2
On 1/28/2022 at 4:21 AM, NeenerNeener said:

He was whipped from the minute he saw her, like a cartoon character with his eyes bugging out and his heart leaping out of his chest.

image.png.c8a987ad807eeb02f3134d621e614ad7.pngSorry...had to do it!  Thanks Neener....

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

She was also MORE attractive when she was casual, fun and outgoing...oops! ... PRETENDING to be fun and outgoing.  Now we see her angry, jealous, plotting and manipulative face.  Definitely not attractive.

Totally agree, Back Atcha!  I posted elsewhere in this forum that I thought she was GORGEOUS but the more she's a downer, the less and less attractive she becomes.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I accept that as a woman myself I have never been very good at the chasing of men, but I have never understood women who get intensely jealous the second their man of choice looks at another woman.

My best friend since third grade (and we're 81 !!!) has always been jealous.  She can't help it.  I've never been jealous/envious...I can't help that either.  She actually told me (we were in our 40s) that sometimes she has to "pretend" to be jealous around her husband because, "Men like that."   EGAD!  She was always the pretty one--more than pretty--but always wanting to make sure she "looked" perfect and hoped people would like her.  STILL!

I get you, Back Atcha. It seems pointless and excessive to me. Look at the Kurt/Carolyn thing. She literally told him to pay attention to the other girls and when he does, she throws a fit over it. To me that would be a HUGE red flag that maybe she's not going to be a great partner. My suspicion - simply because I have seen this behavior a lot with this type of woman - is that she's probably flirty and pleasant with her ex that she is so loudly insisting Kurt must allow in her life as her son must know his father and will be incensed at the notion that Kurt (or any new man she dates) has a problem with her "simply being friendly" with the ex. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I have a feeling that she will be gone by then!

I don't deny that possibility at all ;)

But she is currently the only one really giving good drama. I was musing the other day that this is a kind of boring show to be honest.

• Love 1