Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: The Beginning of the End

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Christine was very red at that birthday party. I think she was uncomfortable and maybe even angry at the way Mr Brown nose up Robyn's arse gushed over Ari. Poor Truely she must see the difference in treatment.

I wonder how others think of Kody, his son in laws must think he is a joke and his inlaws don't seem that warm with him either, at some of the weddings, his speeches (sermons) don't go over well. I'm pretty sure Mitch has very little time for him too. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
34 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

We only need one more wife to leave for Kodouche to lose his planet! Gotta have 3 for that. Meri needs to grow some and spiritually divorce him, because I don’t think Janelle will. Will he have to go find another wife? Now that i might watch just to see Sobyn and her greek chorus of daughters wailing and fainting. 

I wonder if his sect does the sealings after death….that way there would still be hope if he doesn’t have the right amount before he dies.

• Useful 2

When Robyn joined the family Christine said she was shocked at how assertive Robyn was. She didn't know you godda get to do that. LOL She started to change then and became more demanding of her needs. Kody married Robyn like that and knew that's who she was whereas Christine changed, she was not the same person he married. I'm sure that caused issues in the marriage, along with Christine's jealousy issues, (which were justified) My mind keeps going back to the divorce and legal marriage to Robyn. Meri played right into that game, there was no need for that to happen and it just put Robyn's position straight to the top. If anything happens to Kody it's all up to her now. No wonder they couldn't stop grinning. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kbo said:

When Christine said her marriage has been in trouble the past 12 years, it occurred to me that Kody married Robyn in 2010. Total coincidence, I’m sure 🙄. I wonder if Christine is watching these episodes?  I kind of hope she isn’t, because I can’t imagine how painful it would be to hear your husband say he’s relieved to find his belongings in the garage. She should have dumped them on Robyn’s front yard and set them on fire. 

Or she should have dumped them in the yard with a note saying, "Ooh, sorry, we didn't wipe them down!" since he and Robyn seemed to have missed the update about Covid not living on surfaces.

Edited by JeanJean
  • LOL 19
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Saw a video of Christine today where she says she watches the episodes, and just like everyone else, screams at the tv, questions why she said certain things, etc.    

Ooh, any idea where, or can you find the link from your history? Seems like most of them claim not to watch it, even recently.

16 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Question 1:  Do these people believe that COVID lives on surfaces?   (SPECIFICALLY, Robyn said the last time the Nanny was at the house was on Thursday…the party was on Saturday and the Nanny tested positive on Sunday.  Nobody said the Nanny was at the party.)

My guess by then (Jan 2021) is that it was primarily more that all seven of them in her household were potentially incubating or infectious at the party due to that Thursday exposure. Though given they’re supposedly wiping everything down, mail included, who knows how worried she was about every surface too.

8 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

Shout out to Gabe who managed to sincerely offer a very sweet birthday toast for his baby sister despite having to sit there and watch Kody fawn all over her just weeks after he made it perfectly clear to Gabe that he has no such level of care and affection for him. Kody’s asshattery is not Ari’s fault of course, but I am not sure I would have been able to muster up anything quite so heartfelt in that moment if I were in Gabe’s shoes. More proof that the Brown children are far more mature and truly loving people than the jerk father they all share. 

I was really struck by that too. <3

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Katie111 said:

I was confused about the door and him sleeping over because I thought he wasn’t staying with anyone but Robyn for the past 10 months.  I thiouggt because Christine didn’t follow the rules, he didn’t go to her house, except to see the kids outside.  Or was that only for Janelle and her kids?

What is up with Ariel’s hairstyle?  Are mullets big on 5 year old girls in Flagstaff?

I like Christine but when she was talking about the boxes she was clearly acting.  She was crying with no tears.  At one point she as co wrong her face and I swear she was laughing.  

The  nanny/day care provider/tutor getting covid….hilarious.  And Robins overdramatic response….classic Robin 

I was just about to comment on Christine's performance this evening!  Not a tear and I too wondered if she was laughing behind those hands held up to her face!

Well we have had quite the season with covid, Robyn and Christine!  Each playing their roles to perfection!

I'm betting they will get another season!  I do wonder what they will come up with!

Kody reads boxes of books?  Who knew!  Lol

Edited by Jeanne222
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, WalrusGirl said:

My guess by then (Jan 2021) is that it was primarily more that all seven of them in her household were potentially incubating or infectious at the party due to that Thursday exposure. Though given they’re supposedly wiping everything down, mail included, who knows how worried she was about every surface too.

Yet they said they ALL took tests on Friday, right?  Only the negatives were allowed to show at the party, is what I got from the explanation.  Am I wrong, here?

• Useful 3
8 minutes ago, kicotan said:

Yet they said they ALL took tests on Friday, right?  Only the negatives were allowed to show at the party, is what I got from the explanation.  Am I wrong, here?

Christine,Janelle etc took tests before the party and were negative.  The nanny had possibly exposed Robyn etc prior to the party but did  not know that until after the party.  You can be contagious several days before you test positive 

What we found out  is that Robyn and her crew did not test prior to the party 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 12
19 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I wonder if his sect does the sealings after death….that way there would still be hope if he doesn’t have the right amount before he dies.

Kody writes his own rules.  Wait and see what HE wants!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I hate to give Robyn any credit at all but I wondered if when they answered that no, they had not done this before to the person at the testing site, they meant the saliva tests specifically. Meri mentioned having both kinds of tests in a week’s time so I just assumed that when they tested for Xmas, they all did the nasal swab tests and so the saliva test process was something they had not done. I’ve been tested a gazillion times now for work but have never had a saliva test so I would need instructions for how to do one just like they did. 

Edited by TeeMo
  • Useful 6
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, TeeMo said:

I hate to give Robyn any credit at all but I wondered if when they said they answered that no, they had not done this before at the testing site, they meant the saliva tests. Meri mentioned having both kinds of tests in a week’s time so I just assumed that when they tested for Xmas, they all did the nasal swab tests and so the saliva test process was something they had not done. I’ve been tested a gazillion times now for work bur have never had a saliva test so I would need instructions for how to do one just like they did. 

Wouldn't they have had the saliva tests for the kids before, too?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

One more thought.  Now that Kody is no longer a polygamist he and his wife can move back to Utah.  The police won't be interested in investigating him at all.

I was kinda hoping he might get arrested now lol

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, JeanJean said:

I don’t know. Is that the only kind of test they were doing for kids at that time? I don’t have kids and have only done the nasal swab tests myself and found myself oddly fascinated by the saliva tests in this episode. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I don’t know. Is that the only kind of test they were doing for kids at that time? I don’t have kids and have only done the nasal swab tests myself and found myself oddly fascinated by the saliva tests in this episode. 😂

I don't know. I didn't know saliva tests were even an option!

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, kicotan said:

I didn't go back and rewatch (I watched this morning on Discovery+) to see *for sure* how they phrased everybody testing before the party - or if it was everybody coming tested (Janelle's, Christine's, Meri). When her family tested post-nanny-positive, Kody answered the person at the test site that yes, it was their first time - but we know he had tested before after Janelle's mom's funeral in December. So either the rest of Robyn's family hadn't tested before (ie, didn't test before the party because their rules are so ironclad) *or* he was answering specifically about the saliva-spitting test, so yes they'd need instructions. Meri said she'd had both types, nasal swabbing and spitting, in the last week, so clearly their area was using both at the time. But I wouldn't be surprised if Robyn's household didn't test before the gathering and only required it of everybody else. I'm also thinking back to January 2021 and thinking that had Robyn's family tested the morning of the party, if it were *me* I'd have likely said in my video submission that "but our household tested negative that day, so hopefully even if we were exposed we didn't pass it onto the rest of the family." I'm just not sure that's 100% clear one way or the other.

11 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I hate to give Robyn any credit at all but I wondered if when they answered that no, they had not done this before to the person at the testing site, they meant the saliva tests specifically. Meri mentioned having both kinds of tests in a week’s time so I just assumed that when they tested for Xmas, they all did the nasal swab tests and so the saliva test process was something they had not done. I’ve been tested a gazillion times now for work but have never had a saliva test so I would need instructions for how to do one just like they did. 

Right, and we know Kody had tested in December between the funeral and returning to Robyn's prior to 10 days being up, and he (I think it was him?) still answered "no" to testing before without qualifying it as "some of us haven't." So it could have been that they needed instructions for that type of test.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, xls said:

Kotex looking a bit perplexed about why he got kicked to the curb there

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

☺️😂😂   You win! 🎉

Just now, suev3333 said:

☺️😂😂   You win! 🎉

Omfg!  I just saw the "Kotex"!!!😂😂🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I like Christine but when she was talking about the boxes she was clearly acting.  She was crying with no tears.  At one point she as co wrong her face and I swear she was laughing.  

I thought the same. I really thought she was laughing. And because of Robyn's tearless weeping I always pay attention and look out for tears when someone is crying on tv.  Weird, I know 😏

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, suev3333 said:

Christine did the smart, self loving thing.  And his stuff in the garage?  ☺️.   Buh bye now!l

And did you see how warm and loving and smiling Kodass was when he got home and he was hugging Robyn?  Uggh   made me ill.....

So stupid to go on with this charade. 

Edited by suev3333
Messed up....oops
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

And…which adult child didn’t go to get tested? Kody specifically said six. Who didn’t go, Dayton or Aurora? They passed the tests to the back seats so one of them was in the third row of the van. Robyn gathered all of the masks and stacked them. Why not have each dispose of them themselves instead of handling them all? Seems the “protaculls” are not big on common sense. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, hoosiermommy said:

What stood out to me was that Kody has more trust that the nanny is doing everything “right” as defined by his standards then his kids. Their utter inability to even consider that maybe the nanny and her hubby weren’t being truthful or diligent was telling, when Kody was so quick to imply his sons were liars last week.

@hoosiermommy you caught that too, eh??

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

We only need one more wife to leave for Kodouche to lose his planet! Gotta have 3 for that. Meri needs to grow some and spiritually divorce him, because I don’t think Janelle will. Will he have to go find another wife? Now that i might watch just to see Sobyn and her greek chorus of daughters wailing and fainting. 

Maybe we could set up another Sam for her? Or a guy with a banana plantation?🤔 That should be enough encouragement to divorce Douche!😎

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

And…which adult child didn’t go to get tested? Kody specifically said six. Who didn’t go, Dayton or Aurora?

The way it looked, Dayton wasn’t with them. He could have gone by himself in a separate vehicle though. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I think it shows how much influence Christine had on the older children in their growing up years. The reason they seem amazing is that she stayed home to raise them while Meri, Janelle and maybe Kody worked.

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Mariah is gay, sexual orientation is not shenanigans. Audrey being non-binary has nothing to do with Mariah’s being gay. People are born or wired with their sexual orientation. In some cases, people don’t figure out or announce their sexual orientation until they are ready. People cannot be driven to being gay. 

Right, that’s what I meant, if they could be, then all the girls would likely be rejecting relationships with men.  
I definitely wasn’t implying that Mariah was ‘pushed’ that way by her upbringing.  

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Mariah is gay, sexual orientation is not shenanigans. Audrey being non-binary has nothing to do with Mariah’s being gay. People are born or wired with their sexual orientation. In some cases, people don’t figure out or announce their sexual orientation until they are ready. People cannot be driven to being gay. 

If Audrey was a woman and is now not. Can't Maraiah be no longer queer too?

8 hours ago, kicotan said:

Probably, because the rules are all made up and the points don’t matter in this cult. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7