Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Heating Up

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

So Jazz is supposed to be a role model? But she's a model of not being able to do things for herself? Not being able to handle her hygiene issues (dilatation/ shaving legs), follow-up for her medical care? (weight issues/ etc)  or daily routine (laundry, getting up and attending classes, eating nutritious meals/ shopping)?  There are young adults that are physically handicapped (wheelchair bound, etc) that manage to go to college and handle their own affairs.

^THIS^ All of it! This encapsulates Jazz perfectly. She is a an example of what not to do, what not to be. She makes horrible decisions based on her thinking she's smarter than everyone else and honestly? Girl aint that bright. She needs to fall on her own and pick herself up, on her own. That's how you grow up. 

• Love 8
On 1/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, gingerella said:

I almost vomited in disgust when Jeanette was trying to shave or wax Jazz's legs. That Jazz allows that in the first place is sad. That her mother thinks it's cute and adorable, that's sick in the head ill. The closer it gets to Jazz going to college, the more Jeanette is panicking and her Munchausen's is showing. It's really pathetic and I am flabbergasted that nobody steps in to say NO. You don't get to stay in Cambridge to hover over your college aged kid. That's so many kinds of wrong I don't have time to list them all! What's Jeanette going to do, come to Jazz's dorm and do checks on the the lube tube to see if she's been dilating? Or suggest that Jazz starts a dilation club? What the actual fuck does she think she's going to do that will be helpful for Jazz's maturation process? Man, that lady is sick. And as much as folks like to say Greg is a saint, THIS is where he needs to man up and say NO, you are NOT going to stay in Cambridge with Jazz. We are going together to drop her off at school and then we are coming home, together!" But Greg is part of the problem because he always cows to Jeanette's whims.

As for Jazz claiming she has to be a role model, where does that come from? I mean, when that patient said that Jazz's book is what helped his religious grandmother accept him, Jazz looked completely disinterested. Yes she hugged him but her expression was like, Huh? Oh, I guess I should offer a hug now. It was just very disconnected and made me wonder how much of this role model thing was Jeanette's idea and that she's been the one pushing all these years and Jazz doesn't even really fully understand that yet.

Then there's the wokest woke dude in woke dudeville, here to force his token trans dude pal to hang with his hetero bro dude crew because, yanno, it's his mission to get on TV more, I mean, err, to woke it up with his buddies! When he said, "when I date a transwoman" I nearly threw my glass at the TV. When? Because I'm pretty sure he's not getting it on with Hope because she has man parts downstairs, right? And he's admitted he's not into that. Okay, fine. We want who/what we want and that's absolutely okay, but you don't force yourself to date a transwoman to prove how woke your entitled, upper middle class white ass is, right?

I respectfully disagree with not being important to disclose gender on a first date. If I went on a date with someone it implies that I am interested in getting to know them as a potential partner, yes? If I know I'm straight and have no desire to be with someone who has my genitalia, then yes, I would absolutely want and expect to know that going into a first date. Because if I knew beforehand, I wouldn't waste that person's time with a hopeful first date when I already know that that's not what I want. Then again, I never dated randomly, I always knew the person before going on a first real date, so I would hope I'd have known before things got to 'asking me out' levels. I think people like Sander like to spout things like, "if you get to know the person first then maybe it doesn't matter" but there are very few people, IMO, to whom it might not matter. I think the majority of folks would feel awkward as hell because they don't want to hurt the other person but also they wouldn't be in that situation if gender had been revealed beforehand. And I call BS on Jazz spouting that she's pansexual. She has no idea what she is because she's never had sex (I don't believe her comment that she used her 'equipment' or whatever it was she said in another episode) nor a romantic relationship so she's just parroting something that sounds woke and very accepting because that's her whole public persona, isn't it?  I hope I'm making sense. This show has annoyed me no end and it's going to another level of shitastic this season.

And not for nothing but I am SO GLAD that Noelle is not on this shit show anymore. I hope she is doing fabulously and getting on with her life. If you want a trans role model, look no further because Noelle is IT !

Speaking of Noelle, there was a disturbing post here yesterday about her that has disappeared so I am assuming it was false. Thank goodness. I like Noelle a lot and hope she is doing well. She is smart to stay away from this shitshow.  
Loved how wise Raymond was & you know Jeannette will not heed his warning. 

• Love 2

Re Noelle, from what I’ve read, those comments were absolutely correct. According to her own social media accounts, she has also been diagnosed with autism. The show rarely shows any friends of Jazz—Raymond popped up in this episode seemingly out of the blue, but some of that may be down to people simply not wanting to be on tv.  (Too bad—I would have liked to see more of Raymond on the show). Jazz’s mental health issues and college delay haven’t helped things. Hopefully she’ll make some good friends in college. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

Re Noelle, from what I’ve read, those comments were absolutely correct. According to her own social media accounts, she has also been diagnosed with autism. The show rarely shows any friends of Jazz—Raymond popped up in this episode seemingly out of the blue, but some of that may be down to people simply not wanting to be on tv.  (Too bad—I would have liked to see more of Raymond on the show). Jazz’s mental health issues and college delay haven’t helped things. Hopefully she’ll make some good friends in college. 

That is distressing, poor Noelle. 

22 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I’ve never been waxed but aren’t you supposed to hold the skin with one hand while you rip with the other? Or was she trying to flay Jazz alive?

If she doesn’t want to remove her leg hair, let her be, Jeannette!

There's generally paper or fabric involved; you don't just rip off the wax itself...

Obviously Jeanette -- or TLC production -- didn't bother to research this at all.

• Love 4
On 1/26/2022 at 6:29 PM, gingerella said:

I almost vomited in disgust when Jeanette was trying to shave or wax Jazz's legs. That Jazz allows that in the first place is sad. That her mother thinks it's cute and adorable, that's sick in the head ill. The closer it gets to Jazz going to college, the more Jeanette is panicking and her Munchausen's is showing. It's really pathetic and I am flabbergasted that nobody steps in to say NO. You don't get to stay in Cambridge to hover over your college aged kid. That's so many kinds of wrong I don't have time to list them all! What's Jeanette going to do, come to Jazz's dorm and do checks on the the lube tube to see if she's been dilating? Or suggest that Jazz starts a dilation club? What the actual fuck does she think she's going to do that will be helpful for Jazz's maturation process? Man, that lady is sick. And as much as folks like to say Greg is a saint, THIS is where he needs to man up and say NO, you are NOT going to stay in Cambridge with Jazz. We are going together to drop her off at school and then we are coming home, together!" But Greg is part of the problem because he always cows to Jeanette's whims.

They should be saying he is a nebbish.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2022 at 5:25 PM, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

Large lady in my 60s here and I've always been able to shave my legs as well.  I actually sit down to do it (thanks spinal stenosis).  But lack of grooming can be a sign of depression.  And if Jazz can't shave her legs without her mother's help, what makes them think she can attend such a high level college?  I'm hoping this is fake and not indicative of her real life struggles.  

Why would Jazz need a pulmonologist? A GI doctor? I can understand a GP to coordinate her care, a psychiatrist and therapist and perhaps endocrinologist (or whatever doctor needs to stabilize her hormones) and perhaps a GYN for the lady parts care.  

This overweight seventy-something can still shave her legs standing up but I haven't been doing it much lately...not depression, just Covid and mostly staying home.  And when I Zoom with folks, nobody knows!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

This overweight seventy-something can still shave her legs standing up but I haven't been doing it much lately...not depression, just Covid and mostly staying home.  And when I Zoom with folks, nobody knows!

This 72 yo widow hasn't shaved her legs or under arms in at least 20 years. It helps having light colored hair and that I am old and losing more hair than growing it. I am a self proclaimed hermit very seldom go out, and don't give a rip if anyone is offended about some slightly hairy legs that they will never see under my long pants.

If Jazz doesn't want to shave her legs, it is her choice not Jeanette's responsibility to correct.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Folks, 

A few reminders:

• We do not discuss transgender people "passing".  This falls under that GLAAD guidelines.  The term passing is linked to the belief that transgender persons are trying to fool others.  This belief has led to violence against transgender persons.  
  • The term is transgender, not transgendered. Not a big deal; justa. simple correction and it saves two keystrokes.  🙂

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot

• Useful 1
  • Love 3