Type keyword(s) to search

Pizza

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not a big bread/dough person in general, so I get thin crust and either don't eat the edge that has no toppings on it or dip it in ranch.  I regard many things in life as mere vessels for ranch dressing, but that's another topic.

(edited)

Just the other day somebody at work told me about the Ranch Dressing on Pizza thing.

Ew.

And on a non-pizza note, when I saw the Connecticut item on this list, my mind immediately went to "and you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled?"

No, they're steamed. If you're impatient, FF the video to about 0:55.   

Louis' Lunch in New Haven, which the list item mentions for some reason, does grill burgers (vertically in a toaster-like contraption); but other places, Ted's being the "Kleenex" brand of that style of burger, do steam the meat. I've done it at home, and it's pretty good, but too much cleanup.

Edited by harrie

Those hamburgers look pretty good!

Here's the link to what I was thinking.

Aha - sorry I didn't get the Simpsons joke, I'm the only American who does not partake.  

Struggling desperately to get back on topic, pizza for dinner tonight - probably meatball and mushroom.

• Love 1

Aha - sorry I didn't get the Simpsons joke, I'm the only American who does not partake.

Not the only one. Have never seen a full episode.

Pizza: Mmmmmm, deep dish Lou Malnati's sausage and mushroom. The ultimate food for me.

Me three on the Simpsons. I've never watched & have no interest.

As for pizza I had a slice of my kid's pizza the other day. It was a cheeseburger pizza. Yellow mustard as the sauce, ground beef, chopped onions, sliced dill pickles, cheddar & mozzarella cheese. It was suprisingly good. I didn't think I'd like it, but I did

My favorite pizza place has a meat pizza that is to die for and I would add black olives & mushrooms to it, for an extra $2. They apparently decided they love me because they added a new pizza that has black olives & mushrooms, plus my three favorite types of meat, pepperoni, ham, and linguica. 

• Love 3

I used to like Tombstone frozen pizzas. Didn't purchase them for a couple years and got a couple recently only to have the crust have some weird taste to it. The cheaper Tony's pizzas have crust that doesn't have any weird aftertaste. With the Tony's ones I add some Italian Seasoning and fiesta shredded cheese which make it taste really good. Especially since they are $2.00 each right now where I shop and are usually $2.50.

While I love the traditional crusty, cheesy, meaty pizzas, I'm working on some healthier eating habits. One of the new food trends is cauliflower--cauliflower rice and the like. Has anyone tried cauliflower pizza?"

I tried Mod Pizza a week ago and it was quite good.  Being from NY, I'm a real PITA when it comes to pizza (and even up there, it's hard to find the great ones nowadays) so I've learned to look for pizzas with a thin crust, good sauce (not sour--needs to be a little sweet) and good cheese (not that faux puffy stuff that Domino's uses).  I like my pizza "regular" or w/ a little pepperoni on it. Wegman's has a frozen pizza (I think it's their "Tuscany" style) that is ok.  When we were in San Diego a few years ago, we went to Project Pie?? can't remember the name...and their pizzas were good.

• Love 1