Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: A Pair of Balls

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

On the plus side, they brought the first two eliminated queens back…

I’m glad, I was side-eyeing both queens losing in lip syncs that seemed perfect for the other queen to win.

• Love 1

I think the right queen went home.  She did most of the things RuPaul hates:  Wig reveal to a worse wig that needs adjustment.  Check.  Ill fitting outfit that slides around to reveal undergarments.  Check.  Kicking off your heels and being barefoot. Check.  

I'm not sure if June knew all the words--that is the other one that RuPaul hates.

Although Maddy was terrible there wasn't really any way to give the win to June.  

• Love 15

June's performance went from driven to desperate, and when the queens go desperate, they get messy. I'm sure it's hard to keep emotions in check to avoid desperation in that moment. I wish she had been given a few more years to season (and I liked her comment about letting the rice cook a little more) before getting on the show because I think she has a lot of potential but wasn't quite ready.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

On the plus side, they brought the first two eliminated queens back…

I'm glad that happened.  The queens put so much into preparing their looks for the season, it must be devastating to go home week 1.

Who thinks that production is going to manipulate the golden chocolate bar situation?  They made an awfully big show of having everyone sign their candy bar.  Kind of sus.

• Love 8

Porkchop Poundcake Flapjack Kornbread [that’s seriously the mental gymnastics I go through every time I try to remember her name] taking care of Willow just cements her frontrunner status. 

Maddy being distracted by the super hot Pit Crew guy was hilarious. 

• Love 4

How much did I love this episode? Let me count the ways :

Both queens came back, with no votes or silly challenges. Could have just been two non-elims, but I'll take it.

The right top two, bottom two, correct winner, and correct elim.

The Golden Ticket is a second chance that is not at the whim of Ru, the producers, other queens, friendships, alliances or other nonsense. I'm guessing it will expire at some point, but if one of the top three have it, it won't affect the competition at all.

Kornbread being awesome, funny, caring and supportive. She is funny-shady, not mean, angry, or bitter shady.

Even in the previews during Untucked, when there would be a commercial right after someone said something that in previous seasons would have led to a drama, the full scene showed rational and respectful conversation or mutual amusements. 

So far, I like everyone. Alyssa and Jasmine show the potential to become annoying, but there are no villains, and no one whose presence on the show I find to be questionable.

Everyone cheered when Willow Pill won. 

I was genuinely sad for June, but I think she will be back at some point for an All Stars.

And last but not least, I don't remember Ru ever being this loose and goofy before. I'll take it. If only Lizzo had been the judge this episode, it would have been perfect.

A+

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Ananayel said:

I was genuinely sad for June, but I think she will be back at some point for an All Stars

Respectfully, why? She is brand new at this, was in the bottom TWICE, lost the second time, made several unfortunate clothing errors and was uninteresting compared to the other girls. Just go away, get some experience, and maybe be asked back to a later season, like, much later...like the Cameroon Queen (who had at least win her season). I said it before, June is completely generic.

• Love 1

Well, if Serena Cha Cha can be on All Stars, so can June! She is fairly new, and with some time and work, she could do it. She did seem to come to a few realizations during her time on the show, and she seems like a good person with potential as a performer. 

• Love 3

The runways seemed to go on for hours...I've never FF'ed thru Drag Race before.

Agree with above, right queen won, right queen went home, right bottom 2, right top 3.  I was happy for Daya Betty and Orion Story.  Is Orion Story a pun I'm just not getting?

Kornbread continues to impress.

I was WOWed by Willow Pill.

• Love 2
On 1/22/2022 at 7:53 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Although Maddy was terrible there wasn't really any way to give the win to June.  

I really like Maddy. I think she's a nice person who is totally earnest. I think she'll last a lot longer than she should.  

• Love 6

Agree @Mahfouz I don't want to be that guy but either Maddy is holding back or is uncomfortable, I thought Ru wanted to push him to banter with him when he was doing her "Grrr pussy" bit and Maddy was not really responding to it, which is weird since Maddy said she was a comedy queen. And his lip sync was also really bad, it was freaking Kylie Minogue! This song required to be more fem, he just won because June's performance was... Unfortunate. 

On 1/22/2022 at 10:44 PM, Fake Jan Brady said:

I also chuckled but again, maybe I'm totally wrong but the way I read it is that maybe he was uncomfortable that people were going to think he's attracted to the pit crew or embarrassed or something. If he says he's straight I 100% believe him and I'm not bothered to have a straight cast member, the more variety the better, but it's like he's going out of his way to push the "straight male" characteristics while in drag and it's just not translating to me. If he wants to be more butch he could channel Prince or Steven Tyler or even a Courtney Love, but what the hell do I know? 

I really like Willow but I wouldn't have given him the win, to me it wasn't bridal at all, but my other top was Angeria and she won last week so I guess it's cool to have different winners. 

I'll be in the minority but I didn't like that Orion and Daya came back, I did like Daya a lot but I guess I'm still triggered that last season seemed to last six months. I don't want anybody else to return and now we know that at least one queen won't be eliminated due to the chocolate bar. 

• Love 3
On 1/22/2022 at 11:44 PM, Fake Jan Brady said:

Porkchop Poundcake Flapjack Kornbread [that’s seriously the mental gymnastics I go through every time I try to remember her name] taking care of Willow just cements her frontrunner status. 

ITA, I am loving the Kornbread/Willow relationship. I'm hoping they both go far in the competition. 

Coffee enema? She sure seemed off. 

I still like all the queens and agree about June needing more time to bake. Orion always seems bored on the runway like "hi, yeah I'm here, I did the assignment, here it is, ok gonna go and wait for the judging results now." 

Bring back Lizzo!

• Love 1
On 1/24/2022 at 1:19 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Coffee enema? She sure seemed off. 

Ru's little outbursts were downright cringey and became painful to watch. Was it like 2am and everyone was hopped up on god know what? Editors really dropped the ball there unless they were trying to show us an unpleasant side to Ru.