Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Legacy

• Start Topic

Thony is given a dire ultimatum by Garrett that could compromise her son's access to medical treatment; a rift forms between Fiona and her son, Chris, when a secret is revealed that has major consequences for his future.

Airdate: Jan 24 / 22

Guest Cast: 
Deniz Akdeniz as Tarik
Navid Negahban as Hayak Barsamian
Eva De Dominici as Nadia
Jay Mohr as Councilman Eric Knight
Harold Fisch as Carlos
Liza Weil as Katherine Russo
Shiva Negar as Isabel Barsamian
Beth Bailey as Dr. Laura Kirschner
Ellen Humphreys as Janna
Marcos Martinez as Eduardo Morales
Dan Davidson as Wyatt Jennings
Erinn Bartlett as Colleen Miller
Chris Gann as Councilman Charles Burton
Daniel Peera as Ben Tashjian
Rana Haddad as Vida Barsamian
Dean Allen Williams as Sammy Miller
Jessica Delgado as Lexi Torres/Aerial Dancer
103_the-cleaning-lady_photo18.jpg
103_the-cleaning-lady_photo21.jpg
103_the-cleaning-lady_photo13.jpg
103_the-cleaning-lady_photo15.jpg

• Useful 1

So I just watched... not a lot really happened, imo, except we got to see some cracks in the Hayak-Arman situation that comes down to Arman still being an outsider - apparently he loved Arman's daughter and she loved him but Hayet wanted her to marry an Armenian.  I almost felt sorry for Arman having to host the guy who is marrying his teenage sweetheart while he's married to a woman he definitely doesn't love like that.

Also - totally think Arman's wife is sleeping with Hayak.  I really thought Hayak was setting Arman up with a murdered congressman when they were on the way to the wedding - but I think really it's that Hayak doesn't see Arman as family AND he didn't want Arman at the wedding and potentially have his daughter back out?  I wonder if one of his men saw Arman kissing his daughter and decided separating them was best?

Some cracks showing there.

Also - Hayak's crazy son - best thing for him is the military but maybe not the Armenian one since he's prob gonna end up dead.  But he's a total mess.

Love that we found out Arman's full name is Armando - I've always loved that name and hoped that was his full name.

I feel badly for Thony and really wish she and Luca could get a win with his health but I guess not.  Broke my heart when she tried to bribe the doctor because she's so desperate.

Thony's fight with Arman was soooooo hot.  Damn - they looked like they were seconds away from jumping each others bones.  I can't tell if her unease around Arman was more about the whole grease drowning attempt or that she saw him kissing Hayak's daughter?  But with Arman - he was totally hurt that Thony might see him as a monster - especially after she gave him that picture from Luca depicting him as his hero.  Whew, chile.  But of course - now she's going to need his help because of Luca.  And even with the dirt she had on him and her trepidation about him she still didn't rat him out to Garrett.

Hey was Garrett's boss the blonde lawyer from How to Get Away with Murder? I think her name was Bonnie? I can't remember.

Also - is Oliver Hudson okay?  He looks super, super aged and his skin in close-ups looks really bad.  Is he sick?  For reference, he's only 5 years older than Adan Canto but he looks waaaay older than that?

• Love 1

I meant to mention - I thought Thony's sister in law's situation with her son was really compelling.  Her son has every right to be furious but like she said, she was young and stupid and probably desperate.  Sucky thing to do but still.  I felt bad for him - but he's gonna have to grow up fast and learn to keep his mouth shut because blurting out the kind of stuff he was blurting out could land him and his whole family deported except for the youngest.  Glad he has a path to citizenship but of course it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, phoenics said:

Glad he has a path to citizenship but of course it's gonna cost an arm and a leg.

He had a path to citizenship when the lawyer thought he was the son of an American. I imagine he's thinking genetic testing to prove it to another relative. I highly doubt the government is just going to accept her word that his father is American.  I'm pretty sure that' snot how that works if he has made no declaration that he's the kid's father.

Now that it looks like his father is actually from Manila, I don't think he really has one.

36 minutes ago, paigow said:

Sexy Boss was not a monster last week when he shot Jimmy on the loading dock... but an adulterer???!!! That is a bridge too far for Thony!!!!

Ha--well she didn't see it the way she saw tonight's almost drowning. 

Ugh this is the third major medical crisis in as many episodes that this child has had. How did they go from "he has slightly elevated liver levels" to "he needs a transplant?"

• Love 2

Ugh - Am I supposed to care about FBI Guy's personal life? Ha! - no.

So I guess Thony is holding onto that list of Hayak associates as a Plan B? (It's probably Plan D at this point, actually.) I'm glad she didn't give it to FBI Guy, but it seemed really risky to get it if she wasn't going to use it.

Speaking of risky; Arman loves living for danger, making out with the daughter of his crime boss on her wedding day! They might be making him more interesting than Thony, which would be a shame.

No murder this week, so that a nice change of pace.

I guess it wouldn't be a drama if everything worked out okay, but Luca getting sicker every episode is stressing me out.

I really like the actress playing Thony's sister-in-law, and the situation with her and her son is realistic, but I'm just not invested in that storyline yet.

ETA: (Not related to the story, but it was annoying that the conversation in Spanish with Arman and his wife wasn't subtitled or captioned.)

Edited by Trini
17 hours ago, Trini said:

No murder this week, so that a nice change of pace.

Thony genuinely scared Arman by showing up at the wedding. He must have thought one of his minions went off script by killing someone and calling her.

Arman swapping spit with the bride-to-be, in a huge garden, in view of every window in the building, was not too smart.

The FBI guy presents as a real sleazy character, but will he become Thony's savior??

Hayak's crazy son reminds me of Santino in the Godfather; as in "loose cannon just waiting to explode."

Jay Mohr doesn't fit into this show, because he's a terrible actor.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3

Oh messy FBI guy, you are so desperate that Thony's going to be cleaning up after your dead body in no time!  

I wish the sick kid was a sick little sister instead.  I find him mumble-y and generally annoying.

LOL at Hayak telling his son he had a special role for him (or however he phrased it) and then announcing to everyone at the wedding that his son was going off to fight for Armenia.  Bye, bitch!  Sadly, I do not think that's actually going to happen.  But I don't know how the son is getting out of it since dad doesn't strike me as someone you say no to.

I'm not sure Hayak's son-in-law realizes what exactly he's marrying into?  The soon-to-be-a-soldier son said something about killing him if he hurt his sister, but son-in-law laughed it off as a joke...

On 1/25/2022 at 12:27 AM, Trini said:

ETA: (Not related to the story, but it was annoying that the conversation in Spanish with Arman and his wife wasn't subtitled or captioned.)

think that Arman said something like "Thony works for me, she doesn't work for you."  But then I don't know what the wife responded with. 

Ha, Arman told Thony not to ask him for any more favors, and there he is next week "Do you want my help or not?" You can't stay mad at her, my (sexy) man.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

think that Arman said something like "Thony works for me, she doesn't work for you."  But then I don't know what the wife responded with. 

That is what he said. I believe she responded with "I didn't know there was a difference or what's the difference?"  (Something to that effect.  It has been a few days.)

42 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

I'm not sure Hayak's son-in-law realizes what exactly he's marrying into?  The soon-to-be-a-soldier son said something about killing him if he hurt his sister, but son-in-law laughed it off as a joke...

I would think so.  It felt a little "arrangey."

59 minutes ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

But I don't know how the son is getting out of it since dad doesn't strike me as someone you say no to.

Identity theft... he sends his brother-in-law... Arman will help because the sister becomes available...

I like the story about Thony's sister in law and her bratty son. I'm not actually that sympathetic to him. He's old enough to understand the situation and not be a spiteful reckless fool. But I guess teenagers are often annoying. I just don't get why he's not more afraid of the consequences of his recklessness. Surely they've seen others deported unceremoniously. Surely he's not stupid? Or maybe he is. He wouldn't be the first teenager who acted a fool.

I notice Thony's husband/father of Luca hasn't been a factor at all. You'd think she's a single parent!

I thought she kept the list to herself because she doesn't trust Agent Scumbag yet. She asked him how he would protect her and he didn't really answer the question. Also, just having the list  isn't really enough to indict anyone. They'd need to somehow prove what the list was for, and I don't see that being very easy. Surely the testimony of Thony won't be enough to make that info actionable. And in the meanwhile, she's high and dry and will have burned her tenuous bridges with the syndicate. I thought she decided to cultivate him more, by trying to get him to like her like Mobster Sexy, so he's more motivated and invested in her well-being.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, possibilities said:

I notice Thony's husband/father of Luca hasn't been a factor at all. You'd think she's a single parent!

At this point, I'm wondering why they included him at all. Like I said elsewhere, I fear for him, because, yes, he's been a non-factor.

On 1/29/2022 at 6:29 PM, Trini said:

At this point, I'm wondering why they included him at all. Like I said elsewhere, I fear for him, because, yes, he's been a non-factor.

So we won't be asking why doesn't Thony, who has no power at all, try add to sexual seduction as part of her survival strategy. Although her sister in law has come close to that line dressing up to sell party drugs.