Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E15: Engagement Party Crashers

• Start Topic

On the eve of Raquel and James' engagement party, Scheana and Brock make a big announcement that sends shock waves through their friend group, while Sandoval confronts Lisa about her lack of support for the Toms' new bar. Meanwhile, Katie and Ariana get some good news about their own business, Raquel has a heart-to-heart with her father about her relationship with James, and Lala reveals a huge secret that turns the party on its head.

I think DJ Muppet Baby and Raquel found out about the secret wedding.

Edited by Gharlane
  • LOL 4

I really hope Bravo cancels this show, if only to save us from a Scheana/Brock wedding. You just know they're scheming to get it filmed (read: comped) now that the other engagements went kaput. Ugh, they're both grifters...

Oh, and I hate Ariana and hate that she makes root for Lala. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

What kind of engagement party is this. It’s so over the top and basically a wedding. Stupid.

Brock and Scheana are such idiots. They obv think they come across well but they come across so desperate.

James is such an embarrassment. Such a spazzy baby. Brock and Scheana suck but James is a joke. He thinks he’s such hot shit. Good thing he’s not getting a wedding because he would be the biggest diva groomzilla.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Wicked said:

Lala is such a good friend to James that she ruined his engagement party because she doesn't like Brock.

I thought it was because she was pissed/jealous that Scheana was asked to be a bridesmaid and she knew that her bitchy history with the bride would keep her out of that loop!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

What was the point of the earthy colors theme? The guys all wore beige and washed-out greens and looked like they were wearing uniforms. 
And Buttons and James’s mom didn’t get the memo.

Both of Raquel’s parents seem fairly intelligent. So what’s going on with Raquel?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I know this was all producer driven, but it was super cringey and embarrassing nonetheless. I literally wanted to crawl under my couch and hide when Brock and Scheana made their announcement at the Llama farm. Just, just... beyond  tacky. I loved how everyone sat there staring at them in silence. And he told her to wear her big honking ring once the cat was out of the bag! (facepalm)

Lala, being so "helpful" and stirring the pot so that she could send DJ Muppet Baby flying into a rage. For once his anger was kind of justified and I hate that. Had he played it smart, he would have kept it on the down-low and quietly asked Brock & Scheana to leave. Oh, and he also would have remembered that it was Raquel's AND his weekend, not just HIS weekend.

DJ Muppet Baby's Mom - yikes.

I didn't understand why Ariana & Sloth were crying over their investment news. I wonder if that will fall apart completely given that she and Lala are at it again, and Randall's ass is probably broke.

I kind of feel bad for Scheana now, because as delusional and attention thirsty as she is, she's hooked herself up with a real tool-bag. I was kind of hoping Brock might be kind of an okay harmless guy, but he's clearly a skinflint cheapskate grifter. The two of them together are cluelessness squared.

Raquel dodged a bullet big time. Keep running Raquel! Never look back! She did wear some very pretty dresses this episode. I feel relieved for the rest of her family as well, as they looked like nice people. Maybe Grandma Buttons will get to attend a wedding with a more pleasant groom in the future.

• Love 12

Previously, on the Real Housewives of Weho:  I sure hope DJ Muppet Baby and Raquel don't find out about the secret wedding! 

This week, on the Real Housewives of Weho finally...

Everyone spends the afternoon on a boat trip, where the Toms whine about successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks being a party-pooper at their fake progress party and Schemer is starting to have second thoughts about her secret wedding, but I think it's mostly because she wants to show off that big-ass ring of hers but cannot.

Later, everyone goes to an alpaca ranch where all the alpacas have weird haircuts. Brock tries to impress everyone with fun alpaca facts for some reason. Meanwhile, DJ Muppet Baby and Raquel take a private horse ride with rom-com businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks, who makes some lame jokes and surprises them with a fancy picnic. No blankets on the ground for her! Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Brock and Schemer come to their senses and abandon their secret wedding plans, then announce their engagement, then spill the beans about their secret wedding plans, throwing Flat Iron Tom and Arianna under the bus in the process. What the fuckity-fuck?

The day of the party has arrived! We get to see "candid shots" from people's cellphones before the guests arrive. Wow, Raquel's father is passive-aggressive as hell and what the fuck is DJ Muppet Baby's mom wearing? It looks familiar... Hey, it's Gary Coleman! Raquel gives a speech, a la Cyrano de Bergerac. Katie and Arianna tearfully tell successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks they got the business loan from Randal, then Schemer shows off her ring to Lisa before spilling the beans about the secret wedding, to which Lisa wisely tells her to shut up while Lala and Katie gossip about yesterday's announcement. Later, Flat Iron Tom whines to successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks about her not supporting his fake business. After Raquel announces Schemer will be her bridesmaid, Lala decides to tell everyone about the secret wedding pans, causing WW4 to break out, at which point I am as confused as the party guests about what is going on. Everyone is pretty much going at it, but for once, DJ Muppet Baby doesn't explode in righteous rage. I found myself wondering "who does this?" along with Raquel, and again when Brock and Schemer tried to justify their tacky behavior. Brock and Schemer are kicked out of the party, but Schemer puts on her tacky ting and stays. WTF?

Were there previews for the at-least-two-parts reunion show?

• Love 17

I’m assuming Raquel and James had to agree to a big blow-out fight at their party to end the season on. That was just wild the way everyone was fighting! I couldn’t even follow what was happening and which side everyone was on. Someone was yelling at Ariana as if she ruined the party? I mean, I guess she did start yelling at Lala for ruining the party, which was worse than Lala just calmly telling James, but I was just as confounded watching as Grandma Buttons and the rest of the relatives.

Even worse than that was Brock and Scheana announcing their engagement and secret wedding plan to crickets and then throwing in and Sandoval and Ariana were the only ones who knew! Biiitch, please! The look on poor Sandoval’s face! He was the one telling you not to do it and you practically acted like it was his idea and YOU had the change of heart! THAT was fight-worthy, but surprisingly Sandy and Ari held their tongues.

I’d like to just mention that the gang was all dressed up for a yacht day—and they got a like a whale-watching boat with patio chairs! All of those fancy sunglasses and ensembles were wasted. Sandoval’s Gucci sunglasses in particular were probably one of the most over the top looks he’s had—and that’s saying something!

That engagement party was fancier than most weddings. Good thing Raquel dumped James, because how would they top that?! Grandma Buttons saying the $100,000 (isn’t that what James claimed?) Tiffany-adjacent (stuck in a Tiffany’s box and made/purchased somewhere in the neighborhood) is a good “starter ring”?! Really, Buttons?! I wish we got her take on Scheana’s 11.97 ct morganite monstrosity. (I have a morganite ring. It’s a pretty clear peachy pink when it’s clean, but even then doesn’t “sparkle” like a diamond, but it very quickly gets cloudy from soap. Once Scheana is allowed to wear it in public, it’s not going to look great.)

• Love 17
1 hour ago, DrSparkles said:

My second hand embarrassment for scheaner & block is making me sweat, all the months after it happened. Gross. Poor Raquel.

Don't fret, Scheaner clearly has NEVER actually experienced feeling embarassed. Clearly.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

I mean, whatever.  This was a real "root for nobody" episode. 

James and Raquel's idiot party for no reason.  Part of me wonders if they knew it was over even then but just wanted a party.   But even if they still thought it was forever at that point, making everyone spend money to come to an engagement party seems really lame.

Tom & Ariana should have simply said: "No.  It's a terrible idea.  No."

Brock for being Brock.

Lala for being Lala.  I wonder how the reunion is going to go for her.

Scheana I still have a soft spot for, but no.  Just a shitty idea all around.

I guess Tom and Katy were too boring to be an issue.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, ninjago said:

You’re living together and have a baby.  No one gives a shit that you’re engaged.

Brock and Scheana are Level 10 famewhores.  They’ll be divorced in 5 years or less, and then Scheana will be a single mother with no child support, financially or otherwise.  It’s mind-boggling to me why she would have a child with someone who has basically deserted/disowned his other two children.  Scheana clearly isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“… during my f- - -ing weekend,” James? Not “during our f- - -ing weekend”?

That one statement should’ve told Raquel everything she needed to know about James.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m assuming Raquel and James had to agree to a big blow-out fight at their party to end the season on. That was just wild the way everyone was fighting! I couldn’t even follow what was happening and which side everyone was on. Someone was yelling at Ariana as if she ruined the party? I mean, I guess she did start yelling at Lala for ruining the party, which was worse than Lala just calmly telling James, but I was just as confounded watching as Grandma Buttons and the rest of the relatives.n doesn’t “sparkle” like a diamond, but it very quickly gets cloudy from soap. Once Scheana is allowed to wear it in public, it’s not going to look great.)

Haha of course they did.  My family are regular people like Raquel's and we'd all be thrilled to bits to be in the background crowd for a big RH blowout - I'm sure they were warned in advance!  This story will keep Buttons in gin-and-tonics at the home for months! 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Brock workin hard to pay for the Morganite Monstrosity.  A quiet low key wedding for Brock and Scheana?  Naw Scheana needs new mega wedding photos for the living room. 

Edited by mytmo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4

Lmao when the boat pulled up I cracked up. Like someone said they were acting and dressed like they were going on some yacht but that thing looked like a working fishing boat or something lol. Just more evidence James is a joke who thinks too high of himself lol.

Edited by Marley
  • LOL 5

I can’t believe Raquel was so hurt that Scheana told everyone else about the engagement first. Scheana and Brock live together. They have a baby. Scheana lives to marry. How could Raquel’s two brain cells not work out the logical progression of that relationship.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I can’t believe Raquel was so hurt that Scheana told everyone else about the engagement first. Scheana and Brock live together. They have a baby. Scheana lives to marry. How could Raquel’s two brain cells not work out the logical progression of that relationship.

Apparently, Raquel does not watch this show. 🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Scheana lives to marry.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh my god, this statement!!!  You always crack me up with your very precise and comical expressions.

1 hour ago, Gharlane said:

Apparently, Raquel does not watch this show. 🤣

And Brittany never watched the show either, before stalking Jax on social media, stalking Jax's friends' social media, stalking Jax in real life, following him to LA, getting a job at SUR, getting a boob job marrying him and having a baby with him. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3

Unfortunately no one was there to read Raquel her lines so she could understand what she was supposed to be mad about. Everyone was looking at her like Huh? They tried to steal your partyAnd Raquel was just like, Why didn’t you tell me?! Maybe she already knew she was going to dump James and would have happily stepped aside and given away the celebratory weekend to them. Or maybe she really is as much of an idiot as she comes off as—despite her protestations in her talking heads that she’s not as stupid as she comes off as. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Has anyone seen anything about the reunion shows? Bravo seems to be keeping a tight lid on it.

Other than the previews airing constantly over the weekend? I want to know why only some of them are in person, while the rest are relegated to zoom.  Tiered importance? Vaccination status?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, snarts said:

Other than the previews airing constantly over the weekend? I want to know why only some of them are in person, while the rest are relegated to zoom.  Tiered importance? Vaccination status?

I haven't seen any previews at all, but I'm seeing cast members claiming it's going to be explosive, FWIW.

• Useful 3
On 1/24/2022 at 6:27 AM, Gharlane said:

Has anyone seen anything about the reunion shows? Bravo seems to be keeping a tight lid on it.

Quite the opposite. If you watch WWHL with anyone from this show on it, they talk about ALL of the big reveals during the reunion since all of the action happened after filming—so  I guess it was a good way to get people to keep watching and tune in.

Spoiler

Raquel and James break up DURING the reunion! Well, apparently they had decided a couple of days before but waited until filming the reunion to give back the ring and tell all of their “friends.”

Lala goes deep into the dirt of Randall cheating on her and their bress as k up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Quite the opposite. If you watch WWHL with anyone from this show on it, they talk about ALL of the big reveals during the reunion since all of the action happened after filming—so  I guess it was a good way to get people to keep watching and tune in.

Oh, I never watch WWHL!, so it's no wonder I haven't seen anything, but I recall seeing teasers onther other channels.

• Love 2
On 1/18/2022 at 7:33 PM, Wicked said:

Lala is such a good friend to James that she ruined his engagement party because she doesn't like Brock.

Lala lives to ruin your good time.

She will flash her “better than” and her breasts over and over.  She hates happiness.

reality tv, baby!

Does she consider that her constant references to being James’ lover hurt Raquel?

no

lovely on the outside, but hollow, callow, willing to go low.  

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I haven't seen any previews at all, but I'm seeing cast members claiming it's going to be explosive, FWIW.

I'm on PST so the reunion aired here tonight. Cast members claiming "it's going to be explosive" are delusional. Stupid, boring $hit. Cancel this show with it's cast of morons.

• Love 3

What we didn’t see the first time:

James thinks his and Raquel’s children and Brock and Scheana’s children are going to hang out and grow up together.

Raquel’s dad told LVP that he told James many times he’d rather Raquel not marry an alcoholic. He told James there’s a shallow grave in which he could bury him and no one would find his body for 10, 15 years.

I didn’t notice the first time that Katie spilled something on her ugly brown dress.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

What we didn’t see the first time:

James thinks his and Raquel’s children and Brock and Scheana’s children are going to hang out and grow up together.

Raquel’s dad told LVP that he told James many times he’d rather Raquel not marry an alcoholic. He told James there’s a shallow grave in which he could bury him and no one would find his body for 10, 15 years.

They also raised some Toes to Nose money. Three digits, I think. James was going to match it. 

I must not have been paying attention because I only remember the scene with Raquel's father demonstrating his "strange sense of humor".  :eyeroll:

• Love 1