Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Out of Touch

juno
  • Start Topic

As the semester kicks off, Jules questions Rue and Elliot's new friendship. While Cal hunts for answers, Nate makes a tough decision. The lines between fantasy and reality begin to blur as Kat ponders her relationship, and Maddy contemplates the decision to end hers.

I have to say, I found the scene of Lexi visiting Fez at the convenience store all kinds of adorable (before Cal walked in and freaked out both of them). The entire exchange feels so true to life for the extremely awkwardness from both of them. Kind of loved it after when Lexi saw Faye and lost her nerve, she pretended she there to buy a drink and Fez point out she was looking at the malt liquor section. 

I also like they are making Maddie and Jules closer. I think the actresses work well together. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

This ep felt a bit all over the place. The show usually doesn't cover all the characters in one ep, but now that all the backstories are out of the way (I think), it might be necessary from now on.

How was Nate already healed and driving around like nothing happened? I'm not sure how much time had passed since being admitted and released from the hospital, but he got a savage beating that seems like would take weeks (if not months) to recover from.

Good to see Minka Kelly as the hot babysitting client, but as a Friday Night Lights fan, it made me feel a bit old.

• Love 6

The actor who plays Nate said he spent 5 hours having prosthetics put on and makeup to make his face beat up.

Guess they didn't want him to do that prosthetic thing all season.

Plus he's on the show as eye candy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

There were so many plots going on that I got a bit confused a few times about what was going on with who, I guess now that the backstories are pretty much over, we need to focus on just about everyone. I did like the episode though, this show uses moody but hip music to underline its story amazingly well. 

I cant believe that Nate is already almost healed, he looked like he was about at deaths door after that beating. I almost thought there had been a time skip, but I guess he just has super healing abilities. 

Fun seeing Minka Kelly, I hope that we see her again. 

• Love 2

I LOVE the use of Gerry Rafferty's song Right Down The Line for the second episode in a row! Great song and used really well in the show. Euphoria always has great music and I love the use of the 70's songs here in the new season!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I was disturbed how much Cal's gay crush looked like Nate. The creator said this episode was intended to give the audience empathy for him and more or less make us feel bad for previously disliking him. My guy, having repressed gay desires (or a penis fetish?) does not negate child abuse and sex with minors.

1) the one thing a like about this show is while they try to flesh out Nate's inner life, the never ignore the fact he is a totally asshole

2) I feel more sorry for Cal's wife as she is his beard and he has been banging men behind her back. I like Eric Dane, he is a good actor, but it doesn't excuse his criminal shit, especially as Jules is now being blackmailed by Nate because Nate found his video of her. 

• Love 1
On 1/26/2022 at 2:38 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

1) the one thing a like about this show is while they try to flesh out Nate's inner life, the never ignore the fact he is a totally asshole

2) I feel more sorry for Cal's wife as she is his beard and he has been banging men behind her back. I like Eric Dane, he is a good actor, but it doesn't excuse his criminal shit, especially as Jules is now being blackmailed by Nate because Nate found his video of her. 

Ditto. Nate is an awful person, but awful people are allowed to be complex. 

I love how Nate didn’t exactly “lie”- he got beat up not because he was sticking for his Dad, but because he threatened Fez and called the cops on him because Fez told him to stop messing with Jules and Rue.

Who do we dislike more? Cal or Nate? It’s a tough one. Cal is “nicer” but should know better being the actual adult. Filming people without their consent is abhorrent. I think Nate has an evil streak to him Cal doesn’t have though.