Type keyword(s) to search

Heartland - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Ty performs life-saving surgery on a mare, while Amy and the family work around- the-clock to bottle feed the mare’s twin foals. Meanwhile, Georgie’s new coach overhears Georgie confront Sam when she suspects her of sabotage during an Extreme Team practice, and Sam blames Georgie when she loses her headliner status. Forced together on a trail ride, Lou and Mitch come to terms with their mutual attraction and Lou reaches a decision about her future. Adam pushes Georgie to dig deep when she has to write an essay on her “most memorable moment.” And when the goldfish Tim buys for Katie suddenly dies, Tim and Jack struggle with how to break the news to her.

After tragedy strikes, Amy and Georgie work together to help Tim’s traumatized barrel- racing horse. Meanwhile, Jack helps Tim, Casey, and the entire rodeo community pull through a devastating loss. And Jade gets her permit to compete in the pros but quickly gets pulled into the party lifestyle of that world.

This was a particularly emotional episode. The "tragedy" was a major fire at a stable where several horses were being kept, and only one made it out alive: a barrel-racing horse named Morgan. Tim had bought it for Casey's barrel-racing clinic, and Georgie had already started to form a bond with it. 

It's not often Tim gets to show is emotional side, but this was one of those story lines that he really got to showcase exactly the kind of person he is beneath that rough-and-tumble exterior. He initially claimed he wasn't all that broken-up about the lost horses; after all, he'd only just bought them and hadn't any time to bond with any of them. That little lie is quickly exposed when he's seen digging up the bridle that belonged to a horse named Camelot and fingering it pensively. Later, he's holding the same bridle at a charity rodeo in honor of the dead horses and the owners who were facing the loss. Tim chokes up when Jack makes a very poignant speech, and we know the tears are real.

Even if you're not a "horse" person, it's stuff like this that makes you understand that bonds people form with animals run deep. I think this was the most emotional episode since the Season 9 episode Ties of the Earth. (I admittedly shed a couple tears during that one!)

When it comes to the story line involving Jade Virani, it looks like she might finally have come to the conclusion that the wild party scene that follows the rodeo is not a good match for her. The hard-drinking side is only going to bring  her down, no matter how much she'd like to be the type of gal who can drink anyone under the table. Unsure what to think of the Clay/Jade pairing, as they finally made a move in that direction, but it's not the worst romantic pairing I can think of.

Next week... the return of a familiar face! 

When an unexpected guest arrives at Heartland, Amy and Jack question the real reason for the surprise visit. Meanwhile, Lou is upset to learn that her future plans with Mitch may be in jeopardy. Then, a confession by Adam leads Georgie to make a difficult decision. And Jack is caught in the middle when Lou and Lisa both buy the same gift for Amy’s baby shower.

The cat was out of the bag earlier, so it was no real surprise the "unexpected guest" was Mallory Wells. Mitch Cutty is apparently thinking he needs to be more "worthy" of Lou's affections by looking to take a higher-paying job in Calgary; Adam allows jealousy to practically ruin what he has going with Georgie, and Lisa and Lou manage not to go ballistic on each other when they buy the same fancy stroller for Amy and Ty's baby. 

Thoughts? Opinions? Speculations about what's going to happen next?? Let's hear 'em!

I think we knew Georgie and Adam were going to break up soon, but since Mallory's insinuation I wonder if Georgie will get a crush on Clay.

The most interesting part of the episode was Mallory's return and how out of place she is, and it gets to her.  I'm curious to find out what brought her home, and her return has definitely broken the monotony of the season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Avatar19 said:

I think we knew Georgie and Adam were going to break up soon, but since Mallory's insinuation I wonder if Georgie will get a crush on Clay.

The most interesting part of the episode was Mallory's return and how out of place she is, and it gets to her.  I'm curious to find out what brought her home, and her return has definitely broken the monotony of the season.

I'm not sure about Georgie developing a crush on Clay thing; even if it does happen, it certainly wouldn't be reciprocated, since it seems Clay and Jade could be a thing now. And as Clay said, Georgie is more like a little sister. Then there's the complication that "Grandpa Tim" is seeing Clay's Aunt Casey. That makes them practically cousins, or something. 

I wouldn't personally call Season 10 monotonous, but I do agree Mallory's arrival has shaken things up in an unexpected (and welcome) way. 

Spoiler

Mallory is back at Heartland Ranch, but why? Because of Lisa's "courtesy" invite to Amy's surprise baby shower? Homesickness? Sudden desire to take up showjumping again? Running from... *gasp* Jake? 

Episode 13 of Season 10 had some interesting surprises. Mallory is all grown up, but three years abroad have done little to advance her in maturity and wisdom. And she's been in London? What happened to Paris? Oh, she's studying and working there... Funny, I'd actually expect a little of a London accent to have brushed off on her for all the time she's been there. Yet, she still sounds as "Canadian" as she did when she left to pursue a life in Paris (ostensibly with Jake).

Hopefully, Episode 14 provides more answers, but the fans have been speculating that Jake might have proposed to Mallory and that she got scared and ran. 

Clay and Jade will probably be an item, so I think it'll be a passing fancy if anything.  There's a lot of time Clay is spending with Georgie instead of Jade, which makes it seem like Georgie may develop an inappropriate crush, then get over it.

Edited by Avatar19

The troubled daughter of Dr. Tricia Virani sure knows how to make an entrance. She stole Jack's truck for a joyride the first time we met her. Jade is impulsive, reckless, fearless, and mouthy, too. All those things seem to come together to make Jade into a fierce competitor on the rodeo scene as a bronc rider. She even managed to earn herself an official sponsor; bad decisions with partying and booze almost cost her that sponsor. Can Jade steer clear of the "ugly" side of rodeo life and stay out of trouble longer than eight seconds? She'll have to if she wants to prove that anything any guy can do (we're lookin' at you, Clay McMurtry), she can do better!

Share your thoughts on Jade, folks!

On 2/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, Avatar19 said:

Clay and Jade will probably be an item, so I think it'll be a passing fancy if anything.  There's a lot of time Clay is spending with Georgie instead of Jade, which makes it seem like Georgie may develop an inappropriate crush, then get over it.

This clay spends way more time wit Georgie than jade that is why Adam is jealous

1 hour ago, Rpdsf said:

Yes...one of the better episodes this season.  Just wish they had a few more of the regular characters make an appearance at the end like Caleb and Cassandra, maybe even Tim.

Agreed, though of course it seemed like since the wedding was so rushed, there wouldn't have been time for those extra faces. Plus, I think Tim and Casey are conveniently "away" for the time being. 

Amy struggles with the feeling that something is not right with Ty while she and Jack strive to help Ghost, the wild Appaloosa horse which has been closely linked with Ty in the past. Meanwhile, Georgie goes on a fun date with Clay’s cousin, Wyatt, which interestingly leads her to a realization about Adam. Also, a concerned Tim steps up when Jade’s plans fall through. And Kaitlyn Leeb is back, putting her veterinarian (and shooting) skills to good use.

I'm confused.  After watching this episode, it seems Amy has been pregnant for a year.  Last season Amy and Ty celebrated their anniversary on New Years Eve.  That same night Amy told Ty that she was pregnant.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe New Years Eve is on the same date no matter where on the globe.  Also I assume she was probably at least a couple of weeks pregnant when she told Ty.  That would make her due date in late September.  In this episode Amy tells Jack that she is in her third trimester which would be either July, August or September.  Ty is due back in a week or so, so that would mean that it should be about August, yet the scenes make it look like winter.  Okay, maybe a late August snow storm.  Then there is Clay, Jade and Casey talking like spring is just around the corner...maybe a couple of weeks or a month away.  I'm still confused.

It does seem a bit confusing about Amy's pregnancy timeline, but we've been assured that The Writers do actually know a human pregnancy is approximately nine months.

As for snow... let me tell you, Southern Alberta has wacky weather, and snow can happen (and has happened) in any month. It's common to have the first snows of the season in September. 

So while Episode 18: Season 9 through to Episode 18: Season 10 should equal one full year, I don't think that will be the case this time around as it may have in the past. A few episodes ago, Jack was helping Katie with her back-to-school shopping, indicating September was around the corner (school typically starts in the first week of September for most school districts in the area Heartland is set; I doubt they stray much from that reality). 

I'd hazard a guess these last few episodes of Season 10 all take place in the month of September, as opposed to a September, October, November, December timeline. (But time will tell.)

Amy and the family pull together as the gravely ill Ty returns home and is admitted to hospital. Meanwhile, Georgie discovers that Adam and Olivia are dating and must overcome her jealousy in order to help Olivia save Budget Buster’s life. With Lou’s franchise deal on the verge of collapse, she considers involving a controversial investor. And as Ty’s health status continues to deteriorate, he faces an important choice.

(Longer episode description via CBC.ca.)

I absolutely loved this episode. Not sure what else to say other than that it's probably become my favourite episode of the season. Two thumbs all the way up, 5 out of 5 stars, A plus. 

For all the hand-wringing some fans were doing over the possibility that Ty was a goner, this episode had its moments of jeopardy for the beloved character. But in true Heartland fashion, there was the perfect mixture of drama, heart, and humour. (Well, not much humour this time, but definitely drama—but not melodrama—and a lot of heart.) If you don't get tears in your eyes in a couple key moments in this episode, you have a heart of ice. 

For those waiting to see this episode, all I have to say at this point is that you're going to love it. 

Edited by TheRealTC
  • Love 1

Amy, Ty and the entire Heartland family are thrilled to welcome a new member into the fold. Meanwhile, the ghost horse returns and Amy disagrees with Georgie’s plan to capture and gentle him. Then, Lou changes her mind about a business deal but not before Mitch makes a surprising choice. And hoping to impress Cass’s parents, Caleb asks a reluctant Tim for a full-time job.  

Source

View the trailer for Greater Expectations.

• Love 1

I was disappointed with this episode.  The writer tried to cram too much into this season finale.  I can't help feeling a bit cheated by them not showing the Caleb and Cass wedding.  It was almost treated like an after thought and then no first name for the baby?  I was also hoping the baby would turn out to be a boy but considering how female oriented this program is I guess I really shouldn't be surprised.  They could have elimated the whole Georgie and Ghost thing and devoted more time to the wedding and birth.  I sure hope the writing improves next year.  Overall I think it was pretty poor writing this season.

• Love 2

The finale didn't really fulfill what it promised.  The wedding didn't take place, the birth of the baby was underwhelming, and Georgie's story didn't really move her character forward.  I agree that the baby should have been a boy, to mix things up at the ranch.

• Love 3

Can't say I disagree with any of these comments. 

However, the crowd over on Facebook seems to overwhelmingly love the finale, so at least it appealed to the vocal majority. More proof CBC made the right decision to renew. 

• Love 2

I have a few things that I feel concerned about:

1. They (writers( were not true to Ghost's character in the finale'.
We were introduced to Ghost in S2 E1, Amy witnesses a horse fight taking place on the hillside; then the camera swings to a street fight taking place in Calgary. Ty is running from and being beaten up by some bad guys wanting a pay back for Brad's bad choices. The writers gave us a very powerful scene and those are some very large shoes to fill. Jump forward to S10 E18 there is a huge missed opportunity here (by the writers) They could have had Ghost return to Heartland, with his horse family to welcome; horse style, the new Borden family member.  I would have been ecstatic if Ty was holding his daughter while Amy kisses baby Borden's head with Ghost & family arriving. Ghost rearing up screaming with his forelegs waving high and his Mare & Colt grazing for a bit. As Ghost relaxes he begins running back & forth to get the Borden family's attention, and then he (Ghost just watches them with his approval). Remember in Season 2 when Ty & Amy go to Jack's fishing cabin, Ty is recovering from being really sick, and (he just told Amy that she's beautiful as she tends the fire) they hear horses outside....Amy goes to the window, "Ty you've got to see this." They step outside and it's Ghost with his family.......for the first time Ghost allows Amy to touch him.  Another powerful Ghost scene that the writer's failed to capture in S10 E18. :(

2. I didn't much care for Georgie's arrogance at thinking she could tame Ghost. Ghost is the only horse that Amy has not be able to tame. She was rebuked  by Ty, Caleb and Jack for thinking she could do so. But, here comes Georgie thinking she can.....and no one rebukes her for it. No one tells her that if she tries to tame Ghost she might be taking away his ability to survive in the wild. 

Instead the writers wanted to use Ghost arrival as a potential bad omen regarding Ty and his health. So unnecessary, so unfortunate that they wasted this HUGE opportunity to make S10 E18 an episode to remember. 

3. Mitch leaving; Wow, here we go again. How many *SPLAT* Road Kill relationships does Heartland have? You know the ones that they built up in our minds; for instance Caleb & Ashley (gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa) I loved the idea of them until she returns to tragically hurt him bad, by lying to him about Andy...She danced around that truth quite seductively and I can't stand her now. Not to mention, had it not been for Ashley returning (to see if there was still something ... gaaaa) Caleb would have not left Kelly James standing on the sidewalk corner after when he sees her and is - infatuated with her. My heart completely broke to a million pieces when he Ashley's call leaving Kelly there like a (bad habit) gaaaaaaaaa
Jake & Mallory; Badger & Mallory; Tim, Miranda & Shane; (idk, are there any more - road kill relationships)

The writers sadly missed the mark on S10 E18 which is very heartbreaking, because we all love Heartland so much....but I now fear that what they have written in stone (earlier seasons *the best*) has now been on a slippery slope to - no mans land - oblivion. They don't seem to care about the foundational stories that we remember so well..... 
I am interested for S11 because S3 E6 is the foundation for S11. I hope the writers see that, and don't forget.           

• Love 1

I've been watching this show from the beginning and up until the 4th or so season never missed an episode for any reason. But I felt almost nothing in both the wedding episode or this birth episode and had to force myself to get nostalgic and sentimental. I remember feeling like they should have brought Ty's mom or more peripheral, significant characters for Amy and Ty's wedding instead of just the core cast and extras and they should have spent the whole episode with Amy in labour or pulled the trope where the couple getting married speeds up their wedding in order for the couple in labour to attend. They could have at least done a montage of Caleb and Cass's wedding. I also hate how snappy Amy was in both episodes and how Ty just pads after her like a puppy when Amy herself barely knows what she's doing.

I could not care less about Mitch and Lou.  I would have preferred Lou to go with the electrician and have been barely tolerating this pairing ever since. Her sister was in labour, she was hysterical and he wasn't there, Moreover I could care less about Georgie and her romantic pairings. The cowboy's cousin seemed promising but just like her mother they had put her back in this overly convoluted relationship drama with jealous, whiny boys. I won't even special snowflake Georgie and her arrogant, tone-deaf ways.

This show is in it's golden years, it's past its peak but still visually gorgeous and easy to watch but sometimes these unnecessary plotting drives me up the wall.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Lilacly said:

I've been watching this show from the beginning and up until the 4th or so season never missed an episode for any reason. But I felt almost nothing in both the wedding episode or this birth episode and had to force myself to get nostalgic and sentimental. I remember feeling like they should have brought Ty's mom or more peripheral, significant characters for Amy and Ty's wedding instead of just the core cast and extras and they should have spent the whole episode with Amy in labour or pulled the trope where the couple getting married speeds up their wedding in order for the couple in labour to attend. They could have at least done a montage of Caleb and Cass's wedding. I also hate how snappy Amy was in both episodes and how Ty just pads after her like a puppy when Amy herself barely knows what she's doing.

I could not care less about Mitch and Lou.  I would have preferred Lou to go with the electrician and have been barely tolerating this pairing ever since. Her sister was in labour, she was hysterical and he wasn't there, Moreover I could care less about Georgie and her romantic pairings. The cowboy's cousin seemed promising but just like her mother they had put her back in this overly convoluted relationship drama with jealous, whiny boys. I won't even special snowflake Georgie and her arrogant, tone-deaf ways.

This show is in it's golden years, it's past its peak but still visually gorgeous and easy to watch but sometimes these unnecessary plotting drives me up the wall.

I think the fact Megan Follows (Lily Borden) is busy with the show Reign is one of the main reasons she has been unavailable to shoot scenes for Heartland. When we were first introduced to her, I thought it was a bit of "stunt casting" (get Canadian viewers all excited to see the original "Anne of Green Gables" on their screens again). She did a great job in the role as the flawed Lily, of course, but in the long run, I almost wish they hadn't cast someone with her pedigree. An "unknown" would probably have been much more readily available, and "Lily" would probably have been more involved in Ty's life in the series. 

I've commented elsewhere on this, so some of my words may seem like a repeat. It's also going to be more of a rant than any of my previous postings.

In a way, the show is becoming a victim of its own success. Tenth year. Oodles of fans, both domestic and international. People love these characters, and they have certain expectations. The Writers have certain "endgame" plots in mind, I'm sure. Amy and Ty coming together and getting married was one such endgame. Viewers would have been revolting if the writers broke them up permanently. Amy and Ty having a baby was another endgame, because again, a lot of viewers wanted to see this happen. Now, they'll want to see that baby growing up a little, at least to where Katie is now ( 5 or 6 years old).  

The writers certainly have a lot to work with, and though the response to Greater Expectations was overwhelmingly positive (based on comments on the Heartland on CBC Facebook page), a small section of the fandom has been expressing their reservations (most notably on Tumblr). Those folks with misgivings, I think, are generally happy that Amy and Ty are parents now; are happy Cass and Caleb got married, but are very disappointed with how the stories were told. 

While I like Mitch as a person and as a character, I think to throw him and Lou into a relationship is all wrong and too contrived. Lou just isn't very likable right now. She was always upset when Peter would go off to work to support the family, yet she now turns around and does the very same thing with her Maggie's New York venture, and it's somehow okay. Peter wasn't doing what was necessarily right for him; he was doing what he thought was right for him and his family. That Lou disagreed doesn't mean she was right (but the divorce is final, so no use discussing that failed relationship any longer, since the writers seemed bent on wrecking them for no other reason than to create drama). Mitch would do well to steer clear of self-centered Lou until she gets a dose of humility and reality. 

For Season 11, I'm of the opinion that the writers have an excellent opportunity to "reboot" things a little, and try to return to the magic of earlier seasons. Amy needs to really return to doing what she does best, and the focus on Georgie being good at working with horses needs to recede. Amy and Ty also need to really be shown as partners. Not just as husband and wife, but as workers, too. Their togetherness along with the animals they help heal was one component that was missing in Season 10, and the show suffered for it. Let them live their dream of building this veterinary/horse healing business together, and let them thrive doing it as they raise their new infant. 

I've complained enough about the state of Lou, so I won't repeat myself.

I'd love to see more of Tim and Casey together, and I'd like to see Tim continue to improve himself as a human being; see his rodeo school earn some more success. 

I'd love to see more of Jack and Lisa, though they've been in the background so much, it's like the writers don't actually know what to do with them other than make them default Katie care-givers. 

In sum, I'm sticking with the show because it's still one of the most beautiful shows to look at with (mostly) entertaining stories and characters. It's one of the only shows I keep current on, so I'm not about to give up on it that easy.

Edited by TheRealTC
  • Love 2

I think she'd be a better character if she was featured more consistently, rather than popping and out of the plot at random intervals.  When the show started, there were more stable secondary characters in the show than there are now. 

Ok, beings I reside in the good ole US of A I (we) did get to see Heartland 1001 "There Will Be Changes" I have some things to say, but before I get to that, here is the description of 1001:

~Amy and Ty work together to resolve a dangerous pregnancy issue, that involves a horse who is pregnant with twins. Georgie's Extreme Team practices start back up with a new, stricter coach. Tim confronts Mitch. Lou makes a decision about a new business venture that involves going to New York. She decides to go to New York to open a new franchise of Maggie's. Georgie almost quits Extreme Team because of the new coach, but she decides to stay.~

Now, my first impressions of the opening episode of season 10 (Heartland) I'm in awe. Yes, I loved it a lot. It left me laughing, hopeful. It is classic heartland humor, classic Heartland angst, and classic Heartland, and with that, shall we get started?

The episode opens:
Amy is in a field with Spartan and she is doing liberty work with him. (I have to say, of all the storylines throughout the 10 years, my favorite is this. LIBERTY WORK. I loved it the minute we were introduced to it in season 5. I am in awe of Amy's {Amber's} skill & patience. It takes my breath away) Tonight is no exception. It did take my breath away and sucked the life right out of me too! What the heck.....Spartan then turns around and runs away from Amy! He's never done that before. I'm a crushed marshmallow of tears. Then to find I've just shed those tears for a DREAM!! (Way to go writer's for the trickery).  LOVED IT!

As a matter of fact the writers did a lot of trickery, in this episode...... (I hate to love it) Listen, When Amy and Ty are *FIRST* in the office looking at an ultrasound (in the beginning of the ep.) Amy asks Ty, "Is that ... twins?" And they have a concerned shock on their faces. Leaving mom & I, and all of America to believe the ultrasound is theirs! What The ~insert epithet here~.  
{I watch with my mother and she's all googoo, gaagaa, "AWE Their Having Twins!!!!"} I'm a bit more "Naw, no their not...just wait."

I LOVED Mitch (Ahhhh he's so much fun to ....... watch, and mom agrees) and I Loved how Tim is jealous of him, makes me laugh. Tim tries to raz him and Mitch handles Tim quite well. It's so funny to watch until.....Dun, Dun, Dun....Lou (the fun sucker) drives up in her SUV and the fun just got sucked out of us and Mitch. (sigh)

Young Love :
There's, cutie patootie, Mitch again helping Georgie when Adam rolls up (on his hot set of wheels, lol)....Dude, they wanna kiss and you're in the way....git, already. Yes Mitch was the 3rd wheel for just a second. Georgie + Adam = cute (and vomit inducing). Their young, poor and in love (tehehe), who can hate that? We've all been there. But, why wasn't Amy & Ty's *young love*, vomit inducing (idk) anyway....
Tim:
Okay, this episode I really hated Tim like, a lot-a lot! Right from the start he is hating on Mitch. Okay, yes Mitch came out of the blue, from nowhere; and we really don't know that much about him, yet. As a parent I get it that you want the best for your kids. But, is Peter *really* better than Mitch at this point? (idk) He does deserve a chance though and Tim will die first before he gives that to him.
Jack even caught onto it and spits this beautiful gem at Tim, "Why do you have such a weed up your butt about Mitch!?" (hang on a minute.........BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA; OMG; lol) Seriously, the writer's certainly do ahave a knack for triggering every emotion I have in seconds flat!
Tim doesn't stop there, he continues with his angst for Mitch when he say's, "Mitch is trying to worm his way into Lou's life!" Really, Tim? Cuz you want to push Peter on Lou, and Mitch is getting in your way (woohoo go Mitch!). Tim is such a jerk tonight and I really do hate the guy, because who cares what you want for Lou in New York....(go figure out how to win Casey back and leave Lou & Mitch alone) Hated It
Lou:  
She got on my last nerve too, both she and Tim need a good ole fashioned *BATMAN SMACK DOWN* {Crash, Pow, Smack, Bang, Boom} I am so sick of Lou inserting herself into Amy & Ty's life....stop trying to fix them (they don't need fixin'; but- you do!)    
How sad was it that Amy let Lou & Tim get into her head.......so sad. So awesome that Ty was there for her.....  Loved It   
Amy & Spartan: 
OMG, I love their relationship the most (of any relationship) on Heartland. I love how she works with Spartan. Every time we get to see them I get chills....
The next time we see Amy & Spartan (after the opening dream) is after she has comforted Minnie (who has twin growing inside of her. This could kill Minnie). Amy turns when she suddenly hears Spartan calling her. I cried when she walked to Spartan and just nuzzled up to him, and he let her. (Very emotional for me....I just love them to pieces). Then Amy has that dream again. It is going to break my heart to not see her being able to ride or work with Spartan.... (Gaaaaaa)
Jack & Tim:     
My favorite part of this episode was when Tim brings the cradle to the ranch and (Tim is human again- I no longer hate him ... gaaaaa) asks Jack to help him present it to Amy & Ty. OMG..... OMG.... OMG! Seriously such a moving moment, emotionally. So precious. LOVED IT     

So, this is why I have such high hopes for season 10.....(but, I have my reservations. Sighing very big sighs, and no not of relief) Till next time, peace out!

• Love 1

I just began to watch this program beginning with season 1 and I find Mallory the most annoying person on earth.  She a smart-assed little butt-insky.  I cringe every time she shows up.

• Love 1

I just have to say how happy I am they are re-airing these in the States!  I was watching Heartland on Netflix the first time it aired and had just missed it.  So glad season 10 is airing again and now I can finally catch up!  Of course season 11 is airing on Canada, so I'm behind again, but that's okay.

I liked this episode.  I'm glad Georgie was going to do the right thing with Sam and that the coach overheard them arguing.  And when are Lou and Mitch going to just BE TOGETHER already??  Anyone know what happened to the actor playing Peter?  Is there a reason outside the show they had them get divorce?  And now we never see him.

This is a show that I've been watching for several years now and thanks to it, I grew fond of liking horses which wasn't something I was too keen on but what perplexes me is that it has already lasted eleven friggin' seasons! I still remember Season 4's Season Finale and that seemed like when the series was intended to end but here we are, still.

The Skype talks with Ty but they kinda got rid of that by the 11th Season and that was rather forced just to include Ty, even if it was just for a few seconds in each episode. Hey, if that's how he gets paid, good on him. I like his character (not my favorite, though).

You know, I'd love if Amy and Ty had another baby and this time it'd be a boy so the two would play together and work together while growing up. Jack (from Grandpa Jack, of course!) would be a good name for him! :)

Well, see ya.

S11.Ep18 "Naming Day" was the best episode in the past 2 seasons.  It finally had the family back together and Amy working on her horsemanship.  The episode really highlighted that the recent episodes have been too thin on the core cast, and that the new characters really aren't cutting it.  Also, when Heartland started, there were more plots highlighting horses and horsemanship, which made the show have layers to it - barrel racing, rodeo, meeting other riders/horse owners in other fields, etc. 

• Love 1

Loved the season finale although I was worried they'd say "The End." it didn't. So a 12th season is coming most certainly. ?

The family reunion was so heartwarming. ❤️

Edited by Philip

Yes, Caleb is still around.  And so is Scott.  Damn show, letting important characters just become cameos.

And, YAY! the show has been renewed for a 12th season! *does a little happy dance*  Hopefully Ty and Lou will be there full time.  If not, I bet that the ire of the fans over their ongoing absences will drive the show itself into a no-go for a 13th season. :(

• Love 3