Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Movie Night Meltdown

• Start Topic

The ladies are cordially invited to a movie night that unexpectedly turns the spotlight back on them; the men's emotions get the best of them and motives are questioned.

Original air date: Jan 20 2022

Wow! That was an action-packed episode! I wish I had jotted down my thoughts while viewing because there was too much to try to remember.

That “movie premiere” was brutal! Yes, these ladies said these things, but I’m sure it was all in response to leading questions.

Even more brutal was Amanda kissing Kurt, saying, “Let’s keep this between us” and then immediately running and telling Caroline—and then confronting Kurt on which one of us do you like more?! I was shocked that he was still into and pursuing Amanda later in the episode. Then Caroline—who was so overconfident and TOLD Kurt to pursue the other women—was dumbfounded and distraught that he actually listened to her!

The one who was drunk crying into curtains last time she got dressed up was drunk crying and screaming and packed her bags and left in the middle of the night!

I thought it was odd that Sarah Rose, who had been pursuing Kurt, suddenly seemed disinterested, said he should send her home, and suggested they cut their conversation short and join the others…and yet somehow thought she could exact vengeance by getting Kurt to fall in love with her and break his heart? Turns out she had a crush on Winston, some PA or some such crew member—and told everyone who would listen that she was going to fuck him good if only she could get his number.

I know there was even more I’m forgetting already. That was a wild ride!

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Even more brutal was Amanda kissing Kurt, saying, “Let’s keep this between us” and then immediately running and telling Caroline—and then confronting Kurt on which one of us do you like more?! I was shocked that he was still into and pursuing Amanda later in the episode. Then Caroline—who was so overconfident and TOLD Kurt to pursue the other women—was dumbfounded and distraught that he actually listened to her!

The whole thing is so shady and manipulative.  Caroline is the worst, but Amanda knows exactly what she's doing too.

• Love 7

Spoon fed until he was 11?   Yup, that’s a catch. (I posted a link in media of a TMZ article about this).   And Steven still thinks it is his show and Kurt is his side kick.  

I still don’t know the names of most of these women except sweetheart turned villain Caroline and Amanda.   And Sarah Rose, of course, so young and shallow.   

Two more are gone with 12 left.  So….4-6 more episodes?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Spoon fed until he was 11?   Yup, that’s a catch. (I posted a link in media of a TMZ article about this).   And Steven still thinks it is his show and Kurt is his side kick.  

Yeah this totally turned me off. I mean, I wasn't finding him overly attractive and other things in this episode were a huge turn off but really, he just sounds like he's a whiny little baby.

53 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Well, I knew "you should try out the other girls" would totally end badly. I did appreciate the fact that Kurt did mention that her ex was an issue to him. 

56 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

The one who was drunk crying into curtains last time she got dressed up was drunk crying and screaming and packed her bags and left in the middle of the night!

To a point I will call editing on this. I think she was drunk but I also think something that was not directly mentioned on the show set her off. I don't know what it is, but I have watched too many of these things to think she had a completely unprovoked meltdown.

And that leads me to Sara Rose. Funny how the fourth wall completely broke down just so we could see a Joe girl admit she was considering other guys. Stupid of her to talk about but really, it didn't seem like that offensive of a confession. I'm not offended she was dumped over it - its a contest and you have to keep your eyes on the prize and I kinda think she figured she wasn't going all the way - but I am willing to bet there's been more than one conversation about dating someone other than Steve or Kurt.

And that brings me to Steve and Kurt and their weird little slut shaming session with Sara over how offended they were that she wasn't taking the relationship seriously. It just rubbed me badly wrong. So she's the bitch for.... realizing that she's probably not going to be picked by either of these yahoos. She's violating their trust? This whole thing is these two smarmily lying about their wealth in order to both entice the girls and also figure out who the gold diggers are. I know better than to expect a real confrontation but I would have loved Sara to have pointed out the hypocrisy and that if we do believe their stories - one of them is such a douchebag in real life, he can't get a girl without using his money and basically making a bunch of girls compete for his pleasure  just so he can maybe fuck and dump them. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

And that leads me to Sara Rose. Funny how the fourth wall completely broke down just so we could see a Joe girl admit she was considering other guys. Stupid of her to talk about but really, it didn't seem like that offensive of a confession. I'm not offended she was dumped over it - its a contest and you have to keep your eyes on the prize and I kinda think she figured she wasn't going all the way - but I am willing to bet there's been more than one conversation about dating someone other than Steve or Kurt.

And that brings me to Steve and Kurt and their weird little slut shaming session with Sara over how offended they were that she wasn't taking the relationship seriously. It just rubbed me badly wrong. So she's the bitch for.... realizing that she's probably not going to be picked by either of these yahoos. She's violating their trust? This whole thing is these two smarmily lying about their wealth in order to both entice the girls and also figure out who the gold diggers are. I know better than to expect a real confrontation but I would have loved Sara to have pointed out the hypocrisy and that if we do believe their stories - one of them is such a douchebag in real life, he can't get a girl without using his money and basically making a bunch of girls compete for his pleasure  just so he can maybe fuck and dump them. 

I know that considering any man other than the lead(s) on a dating reality show is taboo, but it was awfully ironic listening to the 2 of them whine about SR not being there for “love”. She professed romantic interest for someone who definitely was NOT a millionaire. Wouldn’t that make her less of a confirmed gold digger than the other girls?

Since tonight’s cuts didn’t require any decision making by the leads, it was mostly a filler episode.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Steven still thinks it is his show and Kurt is his side kick.  

But it IS Steven's show. If not for Steven (millionaire), there would be no Kurt....unless he tried out for the bachelor/bachelorette.

2 hours ago, MsTree said:

But it IS Steven's show. If not for Steven (millionaire), there would be no Kurt....unless he tried out for the bachelor/bachelorette.

Even the first season had a poor guy pretending to be rich so Kurt could totally have done the show on his own, if he is indeed poor.  

And did you hear the conversation in the limo.  One woman pointed out that they didn’t say one was rich and one was poor.  They said one had $10m and the other didn’t.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, MsTree said:

I don't watch the bachelor - is Steven typical for the bachelor pick? Judging purely on looks he's got a good body but only slightly above average face, and not such a great personality. 

5 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

I know that considering any man other than the lead(s) on a dating reality show is taboo, but it was awfully ironic listening to the 2 of them whine about SR not being there for “love”. She professed romantic interest for someone who definitely was NOT a millionaire. Wouldn’t that make her less of a confirmed gold digger than the other girls?

Made worse that I don't think either guy is there for anything other than an ego stroke. And agree that if she's hot for Winston then she's clearly not about the money. Mind you, to a point I think the hot house atmosphere with two guys deigning to spend time with the harem and make them compete for the joys of personal time makes other guys look good in contrast.

• Love 1

One thing I really like about this show so far is that most dates involve groups, so the women are getting opportunities to interact and talk with the men.  I also like that the men have someone right there to discuss the situation with in terms of each other.  

Carolyn has her eyes on the end game.  Tell the bachelor to date others, but make sure to tell all of the others that they area couple and it is done.  Some of the women do appear to have backed off from Kurt.  I think Kurt is trying to hard to appear nice and that he should take more of a stand (i.e. straight out stating that he is there to interact with multiple women).  Instead, he is letting Carolyn and now Amanda put him in the 'corner.'  Kurt zeroed in on Carolyn way too soon (and it seems like she is getting into panic mode and will double down-and I am here for it!).

I am so here for this show!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, meatball77 said:

She's right, Winston is cute.

Did anybody else notice while watching the credits that the lead stage manager's name is Winston Churchill?  Could there be more than one Winston?  If that's his actual name, then it's going to lend itself to some good jokes like quoting the original WC.  Here's a good one for this show, "If you're going through hell, keep going"😆

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

The Distractify web site has a picture of Winston; he's cuter than a bug's ear. Either Joe could be a leading man on a Hallmark movie.

I'm wondering if Rachel is bi-polar and was off her meds.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I admittedly wasn't watching super closely but I was confused by this - Kurt and Steve made it sound like Sara Rose went on the show already knowing she was after Winston, as a way to get close to him. Was this the case, or did she meet Winston on the show and end up liking him better (which is what I had originally thought)?

Not sure I loved that from an editing perspective it came out of left field for the audience. Would have been nice to hear her talking about Winston earlier on for some lead-up to this.

Not sure if this is editing, but I like Kurt way more than Steven. But I wonder if they are intentionally editing the rich guy to be this way so that it plays into the love OR money narrative, instead of loving someone who happens to have money.

2 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I admittedly wasn't watching super closely but I was confused by this - Kurt and Steve made it sound like Sara Rose went on the show already knowing she was after Winston, as a way to get close to him.

Yes they did, but there's no actual evidence of this. She seemed into Winston after it was fairly clear she wasn't in the top two for either Kurt or Steven, and told the other girls she was super into Winston while they were all drinking by the pool. 

4 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Was this the case, or did she meet Winston on the show and end up liking him better (which is what I had originally thought)?

You're correct allthough her affection was more of the "hey I'd do him" variety in my opinion.

I just reacted to it because she looked at another guy and is a whore slut for not focusing all of her attention on Kurt and Steven, who are making no bones about the fact that while they are looking for true love, they will be sampling ALL the wares even though they have their favorites already because as men, they need to sample the harem, but the harem girls are sluts betraying true love if they joke about looking at other men. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Was this the case, or did she meet Winston on the show and end up liking him better (which is what I had originally thought)?

We didn't get enough info to know if she knew Winston before the show, so I have to assume she met him on the set. She was complaining that Kurt wasn't paying enough attention to her, so she was going to make him fall in love with her and then drop him fast and hard, then jump Winston. She was making some big assumptions there:

1. Carolyn would even give her the opportunity to work on Kurt

2. He would actually fall in love with her 

3. She could make Winston hers once he saw her dump Kurt

It was a plan right out of high school, but isn't she in her early 20s, so she's not long out of high school herself.

Edited by NeenerNeener
Fixing Carolyn's name and a few stray typos
  • Love 1

CaroLINE was the girl who knew Stephen on social media and was asked to leave on night one.

CaroLYN is the girl who Kurt took an instant attraction to, and she to him.

Sorry, it's been driving me crazy, not just this thread, but previous episode threads.

My take on Sara Rose is that she wasn't into either of the leads and really didn't care anymore. She expressed more interest in a crew member and it became apparent that she should just be asked to leave. I don't think it was slut-shaming.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:
On 1/21/2022 at 12:47 AM, MsTree said:

I don't watch the bachelor - is Steven typical for the bachelor pick? Judging purely on looks he's got a good body but only slightly above average face, and not such a great personality. 

No, I said "there would be no Kurt, unless he tried out for the bachelor..."  But to answer your question, Kurt would be perfect for the bachelor (or bachelorette). He's exactly what production looks for -- typically handsome guy.

22 hours ago, DEL901 said:
On 1/21/2022 at 12:47 AM, MsTree said:

Even the first season had a poor guy pretending to be rich so Kurt could totally have done the show on his own, if he is indeed poor.  

And did you hear the conversation in the limo.  One woman pointed out that they didn’t say one was rich and one was poor.  They said one had $10m and the other didn’t.  

I understand all that. I was just responding to someone saying that Steve acts like it's his show. And IMO, it IS Steve's show because we all know that he IS the millionaire. Kurt is just there to throw off the girls by keeping them guessing. So, IOW, if it weren't for Steve, there would be no Kurt. That is, unless the show wanted a repeat of season one which was quite boring IMO.

Edited by MsTree
3 hours ago, MsTree said:

That is, unless the show wanted a repeat of season one which was quite boring IMO.

I mean, they could have tried it. I do NOTICE that they don't seem to specifically call the guys or the show "Joe Millionaire" in front of the ladies 

33 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

I mean, they could have tried it. I do NOTICE that they don't seem to specifically call the guys or the show "Joe Millionaire" in front of the ladies 

According to Steven, Kurt and at least one of the women, the working title of the show was “Love For Real”. The women did not know that there would be two leads until they arrived on set.

19 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

The Distractify web site has a picture of Winston; he's cuter than a bug's ear. Either Joe could be a leading man on a Hallmark movie.

I'm wondering if Rachel is bi-polar and was off her meds.

That may be but how could they know just from his forehead and eyes that he is attractive?  Maybe when the cameras aren’t rolling they discard the Covid protocols.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

That may be but how could they know just from his forehead and eyes that he is attractive?  Maybe when the cameras aren’t rolling they discard the Covid protocols.

I simply had to go and find the photo. Here: https://www.distractify.com/p/winston-joe-millionaire

He is FAR AND AWAY more attractive than either of the main schlubs on the show. Reminds me of Stephen Coletti from Laguna Beach. Dunno why they'd let a guy with that much sauce on the crew of a show like this.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 1/21/2022 at 6:20 PM, meatball77 said:

Poor joe isn't broke.  He owns his own construction company.  He's probably worth quite a bit.

I think the ladies have figured it out.  Kurt probably has 5 million instead of 10 million.  His office looked pretty fancy unless it was just for show.

• Love 1

I’m still kinda shocked by all the plastic/fillers…some of these women look older than I am, and I’m 50! (But to be fair, I probably spend way less time in the sun…they will need to get their moles checked, stat.) 

The movie event was the best (read, cringetastic)…but why award the most fake person? I get awarding Whitney the original screenplay since she comes off as genuine, but that Mercedes car chick, yeesh. 

All the kissing is squicking me out, especially with Covid happening. Do we know what the protocols are for safety? Is that in another thread topic or should I go do some webcrawlin’?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I think the ladies have figured it out.  Kurt probably has 5 million instead of 10 million.  His office looked pretty fancy unless it was just for show.

I think I’m the only one who doesn’t think there’s some big twist with Kurt also being wealthy. I’ve assumed that Kurt’s “construction company” is that he’s a general contractor, which means he doesn’t really have any assets other than a truck, and probably just hires subcontractors and day laborers rather than having any employees. They could have filmed that “big boss moment” of him telling someone to use beaded caulk from his home or anywhere else really—possibly even an apartment he was hired to work on. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

I still think the twist will be that at least one of the women, maybe more, are slumming and have more money than Rich Joe. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

I still think the twist will be that at least one of the women, maybe more, are slumming and have more money than Rich Joe.

Wouldn't that be a kick in Carolyn's butt if she's worth more than Kurt is. Is Calah the blonde from Texas whose father owns a ranch? She might have more money than Steven.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

When the two guys were getting ready, I wasn’t surprised that Steven didn’t know how to tie a bow tie, and not just because of his “oh, I’m just a country boy” shtick.     But Kurt was awfully proficient a skill few men have today.  My friend’s hubby is a University professor and he likes the nerdy bow tie look, but few men outside of their own wedding wear one. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Wouldn't that be a kick in Carolyn's butt if she's worth more than Kurt is. Is Calah the blonde from Texas whose father owns a ranch? She might have more money than Steven.

Just like I’m not buying that Kurt’s “company” is anything beyond him being a general contractor, I also assume Carolyn’s “skincare company” is being a seller for whichever skincare line is the modern-day equivalent of Mary Kay. These “boss babes” selling pyramid scheme crap all love to say they own their own companies. If she really owned a (successful) company, she wouldn’t be caught up in finding a rich guy to support her son.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
On 1/24/2022 at 5:58 AM, JenE4 said:

I also assume Carolyn’s “skincare company” is being a seller for whichever skincare line is the modern-day equivalent of Mary Kay.

That's hilarious and a great observation!  She's angling for that pink cadillac!  

Carolyn is like a soggy wet blanket underneath a gray storm cloud.  Granted, Amanda acted pretty shady about the kissing, but she's upbeat, bubbly and fun when she's around Kurt and it seems like that's appealing to him.  The contrast between the two ladies is striking and I'm on Amanda's side.  

Carolyn is a classic bachelor contestant who goes on and on about their deep love, wants to talk extensively about their "connection", but couldn't tell you one single simple fact about the dude. 

Kurt needs to stop shaking his leg and foot when he's sitting down.  I don't know why that bugs me so much!

• Love 6