Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Great Expectations

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

THE AFTERMATH – The scene is chaotic, and everyone is still reeling after Mildred’s (Autumn Best) on camera performance, meanwhile the government tries to figure out their next move. Rev (Derrick A. King) is confused by his new ability, Jharrel (Joseph David-Jones) get some unexpected news, and no one seems to know Ladonna’s (Khailah Johnson) whereabouts.

Original Airdate: Monday, January 17, 2022    9-10 p.m      The CW.

stream?id=441156
stream?id=441155

• Love 1

Let's just say that my Great Expectations for things to pick up after the world now knows that at least some of the 4400 have super powers were not met.

The show just feels like it's spinning its wheels and characters are doing things artificially. Like there's no reason I can see that Keisha would have just up and quit her job over possible mistreatment of the 4400, especially in the same episode where she had an argument about how the government needs to make sure the overall population is safe from the 4400. Similarly, it doesn't make sense that after being interrogated by the evil government and talking about how she has firsthand experience with the Man keeping minorities down, Soraya would be working for the Man. I suppose that I can hold out hope that it's some sort of double-agent action and she's just pretending to get a line on what is going on in the inner circle. 

The show keeps on not going to fallout from relatively important things. How did a powerless and (as far as we know, resourceless) Mildred manage to get out of the hotel, let alone stay free for 48 hours? How about Firestarter? 

What are the ramifications on the exposure of the 4400 on Hayden and the Kaminsky family?

Why aren't there a fresh set of interrogations and tests to figure out what the 4400's powers are?

Why wouldn't Steve have reported that he encountered two of the 4400 outside the hotel and that one of them healed him? Especially when there was apparently a call to the tip line about the incident, and video that went so viral that he was doxxed over it? I guess the government just sucks at tracking tips about the 4400. 

If the series operated anything like the real world, there would not just be people who feared the 4400, but also people who would be crusading to free and support them, people who would be looking to make a quick buck on them, etc.

It seems like the show could spend more time on stuff like this and less on establishing that Jessica had a booty call too, or doing time rewinds to show what various people were doing before Mildred threw Greene into the courtyard.

• Love 7

I'm still enjoying the show. Mildred going all crazy in full view of  an audience, that was too much. I like the story lines that were developing. Having Black people find themselves in the modern world was a good story line.I loved Andre and his love of medicine as it's advanced.

Oh, Andre figuring out his own talent. He would take on the ills of the people he was helping, but now he can pass it on to animals? I felt bad for the rat.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Oh, Andre figuring out his own talent. He would take on the ills of the people he was helping, but now he can pass it on to animals? I felt bad for the rat

I'd be willing to catch and save for Andre the spiders that give me itchy bites instead of squashing them.
Yes. Most of the time I seem like a compassionate and kind poster, but I have my dark side. 😼

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 11:31 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Let's just say that my Great Expectations for things to pick up after the world now knows that at least some of the 4400 have super powers were not met.

The show just feels like it's spinning its wheels and characters are doing things artificially. Like there's no reason I can see that Keisha would have just up and quit her job over possible mistreatment of the 4400, especially in the same episode where she had an argument about how the government needs to make sure the overall population is safe from the 4400. Similarly, it doesn't make sense that after being interrogated by the evil government and talking about how she has firsthand experience with the Man keeping minorities down, Soraya would be working for the Man. I suppose that I can hold out hope that it's some sort of double-agent action and she's just pretending to get a line on what is going on in the inner circle. 

The show keeps on not going to fallout from relatively important things. How did a powerless and (as far as we know, resourceless) Mildred manage to get out of the hotel, let alone stay free for 48 hours? How about Firestarter? 

What are the ramifications on the exposure of the 4400 on Hayden and the Kaminsky family?

Why aren't there a fresh set of interrogations and tests to figure out what the 4400's powers are?

Why wouldn't Steve have reported that he encountered two of the 4400 outside the hotel and that one of them healed him? Especially when there was apparently a call to the tip line about the incident, and video that went so viral that he was doxxed over it? I guess the government just sucks at tracking tips about the 4400. 

If the series operated anything like the real world, there would not just be people who feared the 4400, but also people who would be crusading to free and support them, people who would be looking to make a quick buck on them, etc.

It seems like the show could spend more time on stuff like this and less on establishing that Jessica had a booty call too, or doing time rewinds to show what various people were doing before Mildred threw Greene into the courtyard.

I agree with all of this. Similar to what I was going to say. 

8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Maybe I missed it, but was Covid mentioned at all in previous episodes ?

I believe it was mentioned or at least implied briefly in one of the earliest eps. And, in general, it always just seemed obvious to me it was in a world where Covid happened but was now 'over.'

• Useful 1