Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Chapter Seven: Ascension

PrincessPurrsALot
  • Start Topic

Poor Virginia, although Georgia shouldn't have told her about Bambi's death. 

DESNA! 

Poor (or rich) Polly! I knew Alex was going to have a heart attack. 

Poor, poor Ken!! I hope that isn't someone's cat. He was able to pick it up way too easily for it to have been feral.

I knew that Tony wasn't the guy he was pretending to be...

• Love 1

I knew Tony would turn out to be a cop of some kind.  I was wondering why he had the postal worker picked up when he certainly has more than enough evidence to just bust Deanna and the nail shop crew now? 

Uncle Daddy character is just gross, and I hate the actor playing him.  Too bad Virginia couldn’t have run him over on her way to “take care” of Georgia.

So how many people has Desna and her crew killed now?  I have lost track over the seasons, but the count is pretty high, right? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Poor, poor Ken!! I hope that isn't someone's cat. He was able to pick it up way too easily for it to have been feral.

That reminded me of the ending of Breakfast at Tiffany's (the movie), heh. I wonder if that was intentional.

25 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I knew Tony would turn out to be a cop of some kind.  I was wondering why he had the postal worker picked up when he certainly has more than enough evidence to just bust Deanna and the nail shop crew now? 

Does he know where she gets the Oxy? He might want to go higher up the food chain. Or bust Desna in the act. Or drag things out until the series finale.

Poor Georgia. She didn't really try to explain her sugar daddy beyond having one. I'd have tried harder to exonerate myself.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That reminded me of the ending of Breakfast at Tiffany's (the movie), heh. I wonder if that was intentional.

46 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I've never seen that movie, just clips. Will have to at some point since it's such a cultural touchpoint.

• Love 1

I would laugh my ass off if Polly's dead husband turned out not to be as rich as she thought.  In fact, I hope he was punking her.  

No surprise about the DEA guy.  I like him, he was doing his job, and I hope Desna and her crew don't kill him.  

I don't feel sorry for Virginia.  She's a murderer.  Poor Georgia.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't feel sorry for Virginia.  She's a murderer.  Poor Georgia.

Ditto.

I have to admit the writers' commitment to their season's story.  In episode one the whole crew are now drug dealers.  Subsequent episodes feature both Desna and Virginia as murderers.  Not accidental killings, but murders.  Jenn is now a drug-addicted unfit mother and the real reason that Oxy is missing.  Right now the only crew member that I have hope for is Polly, but there's three episodes left.  

22 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Will have to at some point since it's such a cultural touchpoint.

Read the book,  I couldn't get past Mickey Rooney's extremely offensive racist portrayal of an Asian man.  It happens in the first five minutes of the movie.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I couldn't get past Mickey Rooney's extremely offensive racist portrayal of an Asian man.  It happens in the first five minutes of the movie.

They knew his casting was offensive when they made the movie, which makes it even worse. Still, the party scene is a classic for a reason, so I think the movie is worth watching.

• Love 2

I would laugh my ass off if Polly's dead husband turned out not to be as rich as she thought.  In fact, I hope he was punking her.  

That's what I've been thinking, but then he'd have his daughter in on it as well - Cordelia...maybe she's in on it, too. But he seems/seemed genuine. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, sugarbaker design said:

Right now the only crew member that I have hope for is Polly, but there's three episodes left.  

Who's now helping people die with Oxy (whether that's good or bad, it's not my call. I loved her getting her "look" together!

When Des killed Ramon, I thought it was something she was only thinking about doing, not that she had really don it. I get that she wants to keep what's hers, but seriously!!! I would have thought that she would have scoped the place out better than she did. Did she already make that much money from Oxy? a few episodes, she could barely scrape together $5K for rent! 

• Love 2

Seeing Tony in his DEA uniform was the most satisfying thing I've seen on television in a while. I was waiting for it. Desna has always overestimated her abilities. Calling yourself a boss does not make it so. She is sloppy.

Edited by mrsbagnet