Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: BFD

• Start Topic

I flove Bridget Everett, and I was so happy to see the pilot episode is as quirky, earnest and warm as she is.

If you haven't yet, watch the movie Patti Cake$. Bridget costars in it and is heartbreakingly amazing. She sings in it, too. It's an incredible movie starring Danielle Macdonald, who also starred in Dumplin'.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

I really like Bridget, but I just thought the writing was a little subdued for her part.  Maybe, she’ll get more to say later on.  I just felt she has a lot more to say and that it’s really funny and clever.  I just have high expectations of her, based on how she is IRL.  

• Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 5:41 AM, iLoveNny said:

I’m interested in seeing where the brother showing up at “choir practice” goes.

Brother-in-law, right? Given that his wife -- Sam's sister -- was serving homophobia with her "hate-the-sin-love-the-sinner" rhetoric about her own sister, I think it's not too difficult to predict the brother-in-law plot. Which is fine by me: I'm not expecting or wanting this show to have all sorts of over-the-top melodrama. In all, I was pretty entranced by the first ep. Even the fact that Bridget E. plays a much more subdued character than she is "in real life" made the show quite interesting for me. It added an extra layer, since this extra-textual knowledge conveyed a sense of the vibrancy of Sam that has presumably been snuffed out.

Also: Mr. Treeger!!! I hope he's kept up with his ballroom dancing.

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 3

I was trying to clean some of the glut of 30 minute sit-coms off my DVR and they were all just so shrill and canned and predictable, I deleted everything.  So what's new?  Oh, look, here's an HBO thing I haven't checked out yet . . .

<swoon>

These people are singing my song.

• Love 8
On 6/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, mansonlamps said:

I stumbled across this on HBO having never heard of either the show or Bridget Everett.  I was floored by how much I loved the first episode and can't wait for more. 

Me too I just stumbled on it today and watched the first episode so far I'm already in, great to find a series with real people, feelings, great actors etc.  So many series I watch and have nothing to offer in character development.

• Love 2

Late to the party, having just started this series. Liked it for all the reasons everyone said, but also because it was refreshing to see someone who is supposed to be a good swimmer on the show, with the actor playing the person actually being a good swimmer IRL!

• Like 1