Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: It Is Not Light We Need, but Fire

• Start Topic

Teddy gives Angela an ultimatum. Raymond regains his confidence and makes an offer to Leah. Aunt Piggy is shocked when a face from the past reappears. A death shocks the Franklin/Dupont families.

Airdate: Jan. 18, 2022

• Love 1

I think the only important plot twists going forward are that Piggy isn't a murderer, but now she has a murder(?) weapon.

Anyway -- favorite outfits!

• Rose Dupont's red and black caftan,
  • Raymond's peach(?) plaid suit with matching vest,
  • Nikki's sleeveless print jumpsuit,
  • Piggy's orange dress,
  • honorable mention for Angela's gold and black pajamas.
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Trini said:

I think the only important plot twists going forward are that Piggy isn't a murderer, but now she has a murder(?) weapon.

Anyway -- favorite outfits!

Exactly - the plot boomerangs are a mess, might as well celebrate the fashion!  Agreed with all the outfits, would add that Leah looked fabulous in green. Oh, I also loved Angela's hat at the funeral.

6 hours ago, cameron said:

What is with Piggy's exaggerated southern accent and the big want for a barbecue.  Thought they came from the Boston area.

I wondered about this too. But I'll reach through the plot hole and speculate that perhaps Eva and Piggy had southern relatives?

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh believe me, if had proper access to photos, it'd be nothing but fashion commentary for this back half!

3 hours ago, GaT said:

They can't possibly wrap up all the plots in the last episode.

It's a soap. They're definitely doing a least a few big cliffhangers for the finale.

Edited by Trini
love it when typos get quoted :(
1 hour ago, Trini said:

It's a soap. They definitely doing a least a few big cliffhangers for the finale.

But unfortunately, it could be the series finale & not the season finale, so all we'll be left with is cliffhangers.

• Love 1

"Gloating is for dilettantes." What does that mean?

Geez, Lauren, if you don't want to hurt your cousin don't sleep with her girlfriend. So stupid.

OMG, OMG, OMG, when Darnell walked in! Angie & Jesse forever! 🥰🥰🥰

Loved that abbreviated rendition of Precious Lord, and I thought Angela looked stunning when she showed up at the burial. Just like her to upstage everyone at an inappropriate moment.

I was detecting a different vibe in this episode, like some of cast were resigned to it being the next to last one for the show altogether. I'll be shocked if Fox renews it, at least not without a major retooling.

• Love 1
On 1/20/2022 at 11:49 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Just like her to upstage everyone at an inappropriate moment.

I chuckled when she dramatically gave Teddy the hand while hugging Leah.  Soap at its finest. 

On 1/20/2022 at 11:49 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I was detecting a different vibe in this episode, like some of cast were resigned to it being the next to last one for the show altogether.

I thought the tone of the last episode was different as well.  Like the showrunners suddenly remembered that they needed to address plot points that had been dropped.  Angela doing a complete 180 on Teddy last episode, only to do a 180 again to beg him to help Piggy and declare she'll do whatever, and then get salty when he tells her his condition of leaving Oak Bluffs.  

Raymond is awfully smug for a man living in his father-in-law's home.  

I'll be surprised if this is renewed.  Doesn't seem to have the social media buzz and/or ratings to keep it afloat. 

I assume that's the gun Teddy used to kill Tyrique's father.  Still don't understand how drugs are in the mix, unless it's something to do with Teddy's dead brother. 

• Love 2