Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Forced My Hand

• Start Topic

Tariq finds himself on a quest for normalcy forever just out of reach; as he returns to school, Tariq searches for evidence to prove his innocence with the help of his loyal friends Davis and Saxe.

Air Date: January 16, 2022

1) Yup… Effie and Lauren had their turn on the hamster wheel, back to Diana.

2) They were really drilling this theme of people “making decisions” for others. You could have turned that into a drinking game each time you heard it.

3) So we’re supposed to be stupid enough to believe Tate couldn’t be seen eavesdropping through clear glass, open blinds and a partially opened door… sure…

4) I have a hard time believing that Monet would draw inspiration for Zeke’s name from Dante if she believed Dante had left them.

5) Threatening people with guns from the backseat of their car must be a Tejada signature move. They made it very obvious that someone would be in Davis’ car when he got in it.

6) Mary J needs to work on her “pretending to be turned on” face.

• Love 2

And now add Diana to the shameful list of jumping on Tariq. Unreal with him. I did laugh when Tariq closed the door on Lauren.

What exactly does Lauren know about Tariq to make her so important in all this? She didn't record anything incriminating and she doesn't know Tariq sells drugs or killed the 2.

Give credit to Tariq for at least telling the truth in church. How does Tamekia still have those pictures of the dead? That's property of the DA office where she doesn't work anymore.

Did they really expect 9 year old Yaz to remember the details of that day?

I forget, is Tamekia Tariq's lawyer too to be allowed to sit in the room as they were questioning Yaz? 

I don't agree with Tamekia thinking Tariq is in his position now because of decisions made for him. 

Papa Weston is so dumb and arrogant to keep that picture for Tariq or anyone easily to see it in the first place.
Brayden grabbed the book away from Tariq and not approve of using it as if he already knew the picture was there and the ramifactions but minutes before asked Tariq what is so important in this book to use. Scene was confusing. 

Just hide Weston's face when it's revealed to the public. Now there will be new riff between Tariq and Brayden when this is all revealed. And they just made up last episode.

Dean Wong is so weak to let Rashad talk him out of his decision to keep Carrie away. And looked so stupid at the table when Carrie melted. 

Lorenzo and Dru were so careless to allow Kino to be able to grab his is gun and could have shot wildly to save his life. Why he didn't shoot at all is beyond me...... I guess cause the plot said so?!
Wait! There is a Princeton game for Zeke to play?! The season is still going?! Zeke had a press confernce declaring for the NBA and will meet with an agent. This can't happen until after the season under NCAA rules. Zeke's season should be over once declared. The show can't have it both ways. Makes no sense.

Is Zeke not allowed to practice on campus? He is always at the park.

Weren't Frank and Evelyn once married, playing cops on Dexter? What's with that warning or threat to Lorenzo? Is she planning to make a move on him?

Not sure if Tate was being real honest to Carrie or just laying ground work as a feeble attempt to lure her in bed?!

Lorenzo said they could have opened a car wash if they wanted safety. I guess he didn't appreciate the decision of the Whites on Breaking Bad.

Who is this new girl working for Mecca? Keep her away from Tariq (show might get those two in bed).

How did the students not know Carrie was listening on the group chat? Carrie has a fake name to enter the chat? Should eavesdropping be the next lesson in her ethics discussion in class.

I'll be surprised if Dru kills Everret and I can't see him shooting Cane or his father if they try to kill him. Maybe Dru might die.

Not one punch was thrown in Dru and Cane's scuffle. Next time use pillows to hit each other.

Dante (Rick Fox looking n***** ) must be setting up Lorenzo to be killed. It has to be the only way as he is trying to move closer to Monet. Not sure why he bother setting up a meet. Just send one of his people to take him out.

Davis' "bone" reply to Carrie was funny.

It was funny that the one girl complained about campus searches when she was the one who placed the drugs in Lauren's drawer.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Give credit to Tariq for at least telling the truth in church. How does Tamekia still have those pictures of the dead? That's property of the DA office where she doesn't work anymore.

Not to be nitpicky, but she worked in the US attorney’s office which normally doesn’t even investigate murders like the ones Tariq is being accused of. I doubt the DA’s office would share pictures like that with the US attorney’s office.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I forget, is Tamekia Tariq's lawyer too to be allowed to sit in the room as they were questioning Yaz? 

I think in this particular instance, Tameika is also co-counsel for Tariq. Once Tariq made those admissions to Tameika, I imagine he wouldn’t have done so if she wasn’t his lawyer and didn’t have protections of attorney-client privilege.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I don't agree with Tamekia thinking Tariq is in his position now because of decisions made for him.

To be fair, she only has a partial picture of Tariq’s life and the decisions he made that she threaded and pieced together with the bits of information she has.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Wait! There is a Princeton game for Zeke to play?! The season is still going?! Zeke had a press confernce declaring for the NBA and will meet with an agent. This can't happen until after the season under NCAA rules. Zeke's season should be over once declared. The show can't have it both ways. Makes no sense.

They stopped trying to make sense a long time ago.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Who is this new girl working for Mecca? Keep her away from Tariq (show might get those two in bed).

🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

How did the students not know Carrie was listening on the group chat? Carrie has a fake name to enter the chat? Should eavesdropping be the next lesson in her ethics discussion in class.

This app looks like a school related app. Are they trying to paint these supposedly advanced and brilliant students as idiots? It has to be intentional. 

Who voluntarily goes into a live group chat with ALL of their classmates without it being classroom related? Why would anyone discuss on a live group chat with ALL of their classmates their professor’s rumored sex life?

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I'll be surprised if Dru kills Everret and I can't see him shooting Cane or his father if they try to kill him. Maybe Dru might die.

Everett needs to go away. I don’t care how the writers do it but he needs to go.

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Not one punch was thrown in Dru and Cane's scuffle. Next time use pillows to hit each other.

There is no way these street life MFers who take joy in shooting people would actually fight like that 😑

9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Dante (Rick Fox looking n***** ) must be setting up Lorenzo to be killed. It has to be the only way as he is trying to move closer to Monet.

I don’t think the goal is to set Lorenzo up to be killed but rather the goal is to box Monet in. He’s trying to force Monet to make a choice, and specifically, the choice he wants her to make (be with him, meet Zeke, blah blah other stuff). If Lorenzo happens to be killed or come close to it in all of that, I’m sure he probably wouldn’t give a fuck.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Not to be nitpicky, but she worked US attorney’s office which normally doesn’t even investigate murders like the ones Tariq is being accused of. I doubt the DA’s office would share pictures like that with the US attorney’s office.

I don't remember the timeline but wasn't Tamekia fired before Keisha was killed by Tasha and some of the others in the pictures? I need to look back. I just don't know how she has those files and pictures.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

I think in this particular instance, Tameika is also co-counsel for Tariq. Once Tariq made those admissions to Tameika, I imagine he wouldn’t have done so if she wasn’t his lawyer and didn’t have protections of attorney-client privilege.

I remember Tariq giving her a dollar last season. It would have been nice to seen Davis and Tamekia interact a little about his case. I thought she just talked to Saxe due to familiarity from working together and out of concern for Tariq and Yaz.

Tamekia must be real nice person to not ask Tariq for at least $250,000 for her services the same way Davis is always demanding him.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

To be fair, she only has a partial picture of Tariq’s life and the decisions he made that she threaded and pieced together with the bits of information she has.

After hearing his confession to killing his father, that should have been enough for her to know all about the him. But she has in mind Ghost is on the highest level of evil and made Tariq this way.

2 hours ago, AntFTW said:

This app looks like a school related app. Are they trying to paint these supposedly advanced and brilliant students as idiots? It has to be intentional. 

Who voluntarily goes into live group chat with ALL of their classmates without it being classroom related? Why would anyone discuss on a live group chat with ALL of their classmates their professor’s rumored sex life?

Aren't these chats set up by invitation? I couldn't understand that no one saw "anonymous" or a name not recognized and didn't speak up asking who is this person.

I guess we'll be told Carrie use to be MI6, trained James Bond and kept all her spy equipment as going away gifts.

Everett needs to go away. I don’t care how the writers do it but he needs to go.

Your wish may come soon. 

I don’t think the goal is to set Lorenzo up to be killed but rather the goal is to box Monet in. He’s trying to force Monet to make a choice, and specifically, the choice he wants her to make (be with him, meet Zeke, blah blah other stuff). If Lorenzo happens to be killed or come close to it in all of that, I’m sure he probably wouldn’t give a fuck.

By boxing in Monet, how does he expect this to end? He just thinks she'll pick him and Lorenzo will let her go without a fight? He has to be smarter than this.

He needs to setup a well planned "accident" for Lorenzo. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, mxc90 said:

By boxing in Monet, how does he expect this to end? He just thinks she'll pick him and Lorenzo will let her go without a fight? He has to be smarter than this.

We are in the same page. 

21 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Dante shifting his entire pipeline to Lorenzo could be him trying to get Lorenzo back in prison while also trying to force Monet’s hand.

Monet was damn near ready to go to Dante with Lorenzo locked up so maybe he’s trying to get him back in prison. Then Lorenzo is back in prison and Monet still has no drugs, and with that double whammy, Dante becomes the only option.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AntFTW said:

Dante shifting his entire pipeline to Lorenzo could be him trying to get Lorenzo back in prison while also trying to force Monet’s hand.

Monet was damn near ready to go to Dante with Lorenzo locked up so maybe he’s trying to get him back in prison. Then Lorenzo is back in prison and Monet still has no drugs, and with that double whammy, Dante becomes the only option.

I had not thought of this. Good idea. 

11 hours ago, AntFTW said:

They played that setup card with Nique in Book 3 but these writers usually live by the code: "Streets need A ....Lorenzo's body!"

• LOL 1

Dru wants to act hard AF but he's not really about that life. Seems like Lorenzo is using him to  handle the dirt he doesn't want get on himself. Wonder how long it'll take for Dru to figure it out?

I don't know how Lauren is going to testify in Riq's case without her parents knowing about it. At some point their influence needs to come into play. At least get her an attorney so Carrie can't keep manipulating her.

So Mecca doesn't know that Zeke doesn't know Monet is his mother? All these secrets are going implode.

Seriously, Monet? A DNA test will easily destroy your lies to Zeke about who his parents are.

Tameika! Hey girl, long time no see. But no way is Tariq going to snitch.

I have to give Carrie points for trying to give that eulogy for Jabari in light of the rampant gossip about them. She needs to FOAD though for using innocent students the way she did.

Wow, who's paying for Yasmin's clothes in foster care? A Burberry dress can't be cheap, even in a child's size.

Lol, at what point are these fools going to figure out that Dante = Mecca? It's not as if he's  frigging Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne. Looks like Diana might be the one to put it together but who knows what she'll do with the information.

Oh noes, Carrie! Who will you screw next to try to fix things, Tate?

Lorenzo said they could have opened a car wash if they wanted safety. I guess he didn't appreciate the decision of the Whites on Breaking Bad.

Lorenzo better keep Heisenberg's name out his mouth lest he end up like Walter did. 😉

Dante (Rick Fox looking n***** )

I didn't get that remark at all. Dante looks nothing like Rick Fox IMO. I would've gone with Steph Curry or Patrick Mahomes.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I didn't get that remark at all. Dante looks nothing like Rick Fox IMO. I would've gone with Steph Curry or Patrick Mahomes.

I don't see it either. Maybe it's an inside joke. The role was offered to Fox first and he turned turned them down.

• Love 1

The role was offered to Fox first and he turned turned them down

Wait, what? OMG, that would've made so much more sense to have Rick Fox playing Zeke's father. The actors even sort of resemble each other. Not sure I could see Fox as some big time gangster though. At his age he's more like the Godfather type at this point.

• Love 1

Let's talk about that scene where Dru was going to kill Everett. So, you're going to pop this guy on the street, but you're wearing a mask that only hides part of your face? These writers and directors are just fucking with us at this point.

It's so odd seeing Daniel Sunjata bald and brolic. I'm so used to seeing him svelte with hair. He looks the part of a gangster, but he's still James Holt from The Devil Wears Prada to me.

I didn't feel sorry for Carrie at all. NOW she's thinking about Lauren? "Putting her on the stand isn't safe." Fuck off.

"Putting her on the stand isn't safe."

Putting Lauren on the stand isn't safe for Carrie. That's what Carrie's mostly worried about.

It's so odd seeing Daniel Sunjata bald and brolic. I'm so used to seeing him svelte with hair. He looks the part of a gangster, but he's still James Holt from The Devil Wears Prada to me.

I mostly remember him from Rescue Me when he played a New York firefighter after 9/11. This gangster thing was jarring to me too.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:35 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, who's paying for Yasmin's clothes in foster care? A Burberry dress can't be cheap, even in a child's size.

I could see a social worker taking her back to the apartment to get some of her clothes. Assuming no one stole her things, she would have her possessions that Tasha/the grandmother bought for her with funds from the trust.