Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
tessaray

S01.E05: The Fangs of Freedom

Release Date: January 16, 2022

Shea and Thomas cope with the aftermath of the river crossing, but there is little time to grieve and no shortage of challenges ahead. Elsa and Ennis share a romantic moment.

So the "sex" talk between Mom and Elsa doesn't mention pregnancy at all? This was obviously written by a man.

ETA: the idea of pregnancy finally comes up after the damage is done. 

Hey, the IMDB has that actor in all 10 episodes, so that death is a surprise.

Edited by NeenerNeener

Sam Elliott is absolutely killing it in this series. If he isn't nominated for an Emmy, then there is no justice in this world. 

Damn you, Ennis (and Elsa), for making me cry. 

Edited by wlk68
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

So the "sex" talk between Mom and Elsa doesn't mention pregnancy at all? This was obviously written by a man.

Actually, the very first part of that talk was about pregnancy--Elsa asked what comes after kissing and Margaret told her she'd seen enough farm animals to understand where babies come from.

Excellent episode, but one thing I didn't quite understand--why did Josef and his wife stay behind with their wagon when the rest of the wagon train left?  Was that deliberate, him offering to stay behind as bait for the bandits?

42 minutes ago, joliefaire said:

Elsa asked what comes after kissing and Margaret told her she'd seen enough farm animals to understand where babies come from.

I missed that part, then, thanks. 

I thought Josef and his wife stayed behind as bait. She was cooking and Josef was hiding in the wagon with the gun so pretty much all the bandits saw was her stirring the stew.

• Like 2

My Goodness. Hmm..

I really hope Elsa doesn’t end up pregnant. 

Her killing that bandit didn’t surprise me, though really he wouldn’t have been alive for her to shoot. One of the guys would have finished him off like the others. 

Darn that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode. Though paramount plus needs to make sure they get as many months of fees as they can before we all cut it off until next season. LOL. 

a really good show. I’m enjoying it. 

• Like 2

Aw, Ennis. So sad. I knew when he rode off without Elsa, that he was a goner. 

Sam Elliot is so good. 

Faith Hill is impressing me. She’s doing better than I thought she would. 

• Like 3

If Elsa falls pregnant I wonder if there will be a shotgun wedding. I am having trouble accepting that her parents, especially father would be so at ease with allowing her that much freedom with men given the time period. That seems a very modern insert on things to me just like Elsa being a Cowgirl. It would not have gone down well and she would have been branded all sorts of lovely names and it would reflect on her parents. 

I still like the show but it would have been better if they weren't making allowances for modern tastes and sensibilities.

I’m guessing the younger boy in the 1893 flash forward is Elsa’s son because I just don’t see Margaret having another baby.