Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E09: The Teflon Queen

• Start Topic

Just now, Elizzikra said:

The conversation that aired a couple weeks back in which he presented the rules to the wives was a year ago. Maybe they have loosened their rules since then?

Dictators don’t loosen, they tighten as they lose power.  Or maybe they are all vaccinated now, ha ha.  Oh Robyn in that dining out ‘pitcher’:  “Kody, they are all talking about me on Primetimer and Reddit.  I don’t theeenk they like me.”Dry cry, sniff, eye roll.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, kicotan said:

I take it one step further and am MORE disgusted with the women DickTater attracts, than DickTater himself…all in the name of afterlife bliss.  He could go out to Coyote Pass and yell at the top of his lungs about his rules and expectations but if a sister wife isn’t there to hear it, will it make a noise?

Another step further is that as I understand it, the afterbliss is not a promise.  It's entirely up to the ruler of this planetary kingdom to make the decision whether or not to call up an earthly wife by the given name received on marriage.  If he decides that a previous wife would not be a good fit in this paradise, does she just float in limbo for eternity?

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

If he decides that a previous wife would not be a good fit in this paradise, does she just float in limbo for eternity?

Don't try to apply logic to cockamamie "religious" concepts.  I don't think even the true believers have any of this figured out and probably have to make up new rules as society changes.

• Love 19
56 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It's entirely up to the ruler of this planetary kingdom to make the decision whether or not to call up an earthly wife by the given name received on marriage. 

Another silly question…. Why a special name?  Why can’t he just say ‘ Robyn,  come on down( or out or up, whatever).  

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Another silly question…. Why a special name?  Why can’t he just say ‘ Robyn,  come on down( or out or up, whatever).  

Hee!  They'll think they're on The Price Is Right!

What a convoluted belief system.  

1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Don't try to apply logic to cockamamie "religious" concepts.  I don't think even the true believers have any of this figured out and probably have to make up new rules as society changes.

I so agree.  We know Kootie bends and breaks "the rules" all the time.  He used to get down on his potty-mouth kids, and he swears like a drunken sailor now.  Nasty hypocrite.

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I so agree.  We know Kootie bends and breaks "the rules" all the time.  He used to get down on his potty-mouth kids, and he swears like a drunken sailor now.  Nasty hypocrite.

And now we know he even drinks!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Ih8kody said:

Long time lurker but first time posting. I just had to have a place to vent my rage. I have found my people, you are my tribe. ☺️
I will just start by saying I agree with every name you have called this slug of a human, my personal favorite being “Pig in Shoes”. Shout out to whoever came up with that. If Janelle does not officially leave him after seeing how he treated her sons this week, I will lose every shred of respect I have for her. Come on, Girl. Your kids deserve better. Show them that. 
Can’t wait to be part of this fantastic group!  

Welcome!  

Janelle is hopelessly besotted by that Turd With a Perm.  She uprooted Gabriel, when she could have stood her ground.  Instead, she caved, when she could have stayed to show their houses for sale in LV, and let her son finish HS.  That rilly pissed me off.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
32 minutes ago, Ih8kody said:

Long time lurker but first time posting. I just had to have a place to vent my rage. I have found my people, you are my tribe. ☺️
I will just start by saying I agree with every name you have called this slug of a human, my personal favorite being “Pig in Shoes”. Shout out to whoever came up with that. If Janelle does not officially leave him after seeing how he treated her sons this week, I will lose every shred of respect I have for her. Come on, Girl. Your kids deserve better. Show them that. 

Welcome and join the rightfully deserved snark against "pig in shoes" 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
Disclosure -it was not me who came up with the p.i.s name, hopefully the right person steps up and takes that credit
  • Love 16

I don’t understand why Robyn needs a nanny/housekeeper. 3 of the kids are older teens or adults. That leaves Solomon and Ari. Christine wrangled anywhere from 6-12 kids at a time, she sure didn’t have help. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Welcome!  

Janelle is hopelessly besotted by that Turd With a Perm.  She uprooted Gabriel, when she could have stood her ground.  Instead, she caved, when she could have stayed to show their houses for sale in LV, and let her son finish HS.  That rilly pissed me off.  

I was still mad at  her uprooting her kids from Lehi.  Maddie and Hunter were extremely affected.  Then Kody just ranted and raved about Hunter’s temper.  Rather than understanding why 

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I was still mad at  her uprooting her kids from Lehi.  Maddie and Hunter were extremely affected.  Then Kody just ranted and raved about Hunter’s temper.  Rather than understanding why 

Yes!  I remember Paedon crying, too.  Kootie called Hunter a raging testosterone case or something like that.  Kootie doesn't consider anyone's fillings except Robchyn's and her spawn.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, RainbowBrite said:

She reminds me of Martha from The Americans

image.thumb.png.d0f0af0e6cff39411e612fe5a36434d1.png

Whoa, I had to do a double take! Old-fashioned hairstyle? Check. Huge scowl? Check. Too much eyeliner? Check. Frumpy clothes? Check. The woman in the pic just needs a little more chin, and sperm shaped eyebrows, and she and Robyn could be twins!

• LOL 16
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

Oh holy shit!!!!!! Wow.

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Whoa, I had to do a double take! Old-fashioned hairstyle? Check. Huge scowl? Check. Too much eyeliner? Check. Frumpy clothes? Check. The woman in the pic just needs a little more chin, and sperm shaped eyebrows, and she and Robyn could be twins!

Wow, didn't realize that before...although I actually felt sorry for Martha in the Americans! Never for Robyn who really did get what she wanted in the end...Kody all to herself.  Be careful what you wish for though!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 1/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, Sandy W said:

If he decides that a previous wife would not be a good fit in this paradise, does she just float in limbo for eternity?

I think "the principle" and the "cult leader" leave it vague, so they all behave like good sister wives and keep sweet perpetually because of the risk of floating in limbo for eternity.  Until they see how the rest of the world lives.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Welcome!  

Ha Ha Ha!!!!  Turd with a Perm. I may have a new favorite!!!!!!!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Ih8kody said:

Love your screen name IH8KODY. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Here's another one of Martha Hanson played not by Robyn but by Alison Wright...  They even share the same sour, sulking, dissatisfied looks!

image.png.ce60ba29dce6de447dc5cb52c6b90c27.png

Edited by LilyD
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

Here's another one of Martha Hanson (played not by Robyn but by Alison Wright...  They even share the same sour, sulking, dissatisfied looks!

better eyebrows, though.

Edited by sheshark
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
On 1/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, 65mickey said:

Was this Christmas 2020?  If so a kid almost 5 should not be sucking on  a pacifier. Tell  her that they are going away and let her have a meltdown for a few nights. Robyn probably doesn't want her sleep disturbed by Ari throwing a fit. 

The pacifier that we are discussing was given to her at Christmas 2020. So she would have been 4 almost 5. 

It's funny because I never mentioned the pacifiers in any of my posts, but somehow that became the focus. My original point was that Robyn felt she didn't remember her siblings since she had been isolated from them for so long, and asking who the gift was from proved that. I just suggested that the problem could have been not that, but that she couldn't read the names. She was only 4 at the time. Some 4 year olds can read, but at that age, most can't, especially things like names of 18 siblings.

It's all good though!!

Edited by lilysmom
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Another step further is that as I understand it, the afterbliss is not a promise.  It's entirely up to the ruler of this planetary kingdom to make the decision whether or not to call up an earthly wife by the given name received on marriage.  If he decides that a previous wife would not be a good fit in this paradise, does she just float in limbo for eternity?

Hmmmmm “floating in limbo for eternity” or “spending forever with Kody” 

easy choice… hand me an air mattress… I’ve got some floating to do  

Where do they get these ideas… is it from the Book of Mormon? 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know if it's in the book of Mormon but pretty sure it was an idea to keep the wives sweet and subservient.  I can't think of any other reason for this edict.

• Love 8
On 1/20/2022 at 9:48 PM, JenMcSnark said:
On 1/20/2022 at 8:14 PM, Adeejay said:

Kody said the exact same thing.  LOL.  Christine stated that each wife brought something special into the marriage and celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday was hers.  The year Robyn joined the family, Kody put a kibosh on that, and they opted to celebrate Hanukkah, instead.  I remember this clearly, because Jewish posters were outraged. 

Expand  

Honestly, they are all so weird.  Hanukkah just like Kody keeps kosher.  yeah, right.  Weirdos.  I'm glad their kids seem to be mostly cool.  

Just to clarify, one doesn't need to be kosher to celebrate Hanukkah. I'm pretty sure the majority of practicing Jews in the world do not keep kosher. Here in the US, less than 1/6th of all A.erican Jews keep kosher. Just wanted to clarify. And yes, I fucking hate K'Douche, but I have no problem with non-Jews celebrating a Jewish holiday IF it's because they genuinely want to learn about other religions. But in this case, K'Douche only dies this stuff in a lame attempt to.either rile up or try to be relevant to his TV audience.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Especially names you'll never see in the Dick & Jane books.

Long time K and Prek teacher. My 4 and 5 year old kids learn all classmates names within 1st 3 weeks of school. I take pictures of all students and to check in daily, they have to name  5 kids whose I change daily. Easy Peasy. Aroelabooboo should easily know and remember the names of her sibs, especially the younger ones. Now Maddie, Logan, Hunter and some others who live far away, there may be some confusion. 18 kids minus Robyn's 5, minus those older 3, that's 10 faces. If true  that she is forgetting the names of 10 people, it just reinforces that Kody has all but given up on the rest of his children. My hate for him grows daily.

• Love 14
47 minutes ago, BAForever said:

18 kids minus Robyn's 5, minus those older 3, that's 10 faces. If true  that she is forgetting the names of 10 people, it just reinforces that Kody has all but given up on the rest of his children. My hate for him grows daily.

And there's the (pink) elephant in the room.  If Kody was doing regular face-time check-in's with the other 13 kids, plus their 3 offspring, there would be no reason for Ari not to recognize the faces and names.  If he called 2 of the older kids each night and gathered Robyn's kids to participate, it would go a long way to establish family rapport.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, gingerella said:

Just to clarify, one doesn't need to be kosher to celebrate Hanukkah. I'm pretty sure the majority of practicing Jews in the world do not keep kosher. Here in the US, less than 1/6th of all A.erican Jews keep kosher. Just wanted to clarify. And yes, I fucking hate K'Douche, but I have no problem with non-Jews celebrating a Jewish holiday IF it's because they genuinely want to learn about other religions. But in this case, K'Douche only dies this stuff in a lame attempt to.either rile up or try to be relevant to his TV audience.

No, I understand and agree with that.  I was just saying he "celebrates" Hanukkah just as much as he was really "kosher".  Which is to say, not at all.  

It's a fun thing for them, not a celebration of the actual meaning behind Hanukkah.  He just wants something to do.  I realize I'm not making much sense.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JenMcSnark said:

No, I understand and agree with that.  I was just saying he "celebrates" Hanukkah just as much as he was really "kosher".  Which is to say, not at all.  

It's a fun thing for them, not a celebration of the actual meaning behind Hanukkah.  He just wants something to do.  I realize I'm not making much sense.  

I get you, he's just doing it to either stir up controversy- because they're boring AF, or he's trying to look worldly. He's an asshole.

• Love 8
On 1/22/2022 at 7:27 AM, LilyD said:

Here's another one of Martha Hanson played not by Robyn but by Alison Wright...  They even share the same sour, sulking, dissatisfied looks!

I wouldn't wish this on Alison Wright, but I'd absolutely die if Kodouche pursued her for wife #5! Now that would be riveting. Robyn and Not-quite-Robyn duke it out to become head wife.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I wouldn't wish this on Alison Wright, but I'd absolutely die if Kodouche pursued her for wife #5! Now that would be riveting. Robyn and Not-quitebetter-than Robyn duke it out to become head wife.

FIFY

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2022 at 11:35 AM, mythoughtis said:

I used to read posts on exmormon.org (I think it was) from “escapees.” I guess the secret names are assigned by a priest. Quite a few people shared how they discovered, after leaving the church, that lots of people had the same secret name, like there was just this limited pool they the priests drew from at random or something. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
On 1/22/2022 at 12:31 PM, Joan of Argh said:

On 1/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, mythoughtis said:

13 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I used to read posts on exmormon.org (I think it was) from “escapees.” I guess the secret names are assigned by a priest. Quite a few people shared how they discovered, after leaving the church, that lots of people had the same secret name, like there was just this limited pool they the priests drew from at random or something. 

I also don't know if it is something from the Book of Mormon. Since Mormonism can change with the head of the church having a direct link to god to get any current updates and patches to the older teachings it may have come to be over time.

From reading on exmormon I have pieced together that the secret name is like a password. Your husband is on the other side of the veil, and so you can't see each other. If he shouts out "Hey Mary!!" then a whole lot of women named Mary come on over. But since secrecy is a big part of Mormon rituals they have these secret names that only the husband and wife know. But as Tabbygirl mentioned, the names are limited. I have read that each day or each month is assigned one name, but no one except the temple workers are supposed to know and so everyone married that day/month have the exact same name. I guess they are banking that they will die at different times.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 3
On 1/16/2022 at 9:24 PM, TomGirl said:

I thought Christine looked beautiful on tonight’s show.  I can’t wait until she finds someone to give her the love, time and attention she deserves.

I agree, she looked fabulous. I want her to have a beautiful relationship that is monogamous. I was floored when Kody said lots of polygamous marriages aren't intimate with many wives. WTF? He expects them to stick around with no legal status and no intimate connection? What's in it for them? As he said about Christine packing up his stuff - this is MY house. What a controlling, emotionally abusive ass. Christine, meri etc need intimate connections. Why should he be the only one to decide upon sex. Last thought, despite kody throwing out the fact that he was "never" physically attracted to Christine, he managed to pump 5 kids into her. God I despise this man and I need to be around to see karma knock on his door.

• Love 14
On 1/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, Absolom said:

I think it's loss of control.  COVID made it blatantly obvious that he's lost control of three of the four households.  He may have been a huge part of driving them that way, but he still wants to play god and have them all bow down and go yes master tell us and we'll do it.  Instead it's buzz off you fool in one form or another.

I think he liked the covid rules and used them to make sure he didn't have to see his other families. So sad. He really does not care about anyone but robyn

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 11
44 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I think he liked the covid rules and used them to make sure he didn't have to see his other families. So sad. He really does not care about anyone but robyn

Yup, and then to add insult to injury, put the blame on them.

• Love 12

Did we ever see Kody put an ounce of sincere effort into trying to keep the family together during COVID? He did nothing but argue with and act cold toward them. If he sincerely wanted to have healthy relationships with the other wives and children, he would have gathered everyone together, either in person or via zoom, and said, I love you guys and we need to put our heads together to come up with a solution so we can all stay connected and I can go to all four houses. He needed to make them all a part of the process and let them know that they mattered. But he didn't. He seized the opportunity to do the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Love 12