Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/17/22

falltime
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, TimWil said:

I thought today’s discussion of Biden/politics was unusually lucid and insightful (mostly thanks to Ana) but Sunny really needs to change the record re Biden not keeping his promises to the black and brown voters who “put him there.” Last time I checked many people besides black and brown people put him there.

It is getting to be as predictable as it is knowing she will read the legal notes with her same condescending tone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I found this on another message board (it was posted early last month) which best articulates my earlier point:

Today Sunny insisted that Biden's low approval ratings are due to not following through on issues like voting protections, police reform, and immigration—issues that are clearly important to her, but which she insists are the biggest priority for voters of color—despite ample evidence to the contrary. She also insisted again that Biden is betraying the black and latino voters to whom he owes victory—despite Biden doing pretty poorly with latinos and totally ignoring the many, many college educated whites, LGBT folks, Asian Americans, etc. who were just as instrumental to his win. Her narcissism really knows no bounds.

• Love 9

Sunny is the most annoying self righteous person on tv at the moment. Sitting there spouting on & on about how poor her family was while wearing a $1200 Versace blouse just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Copied & pasted from the Versace website.

New Season

Versace chain logo-print silk shirt

$1,275(Import duties included

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sunny is the most annoying self righteous person on tv at the moment. Sitting there spouting on & on about how poor her family was while wearing a $1200 Versace blouse just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Copied & pasted from the Versace website.

New Season

Versace chain logo-print silk shirt

$1,275(Import duties included

I don't think they wear their own clothes when in the studio.

Does anyone know if the show provides their clothes? I know they have wardrobe people on the staff.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sitting there spouting on & on about how poor her family was while wearing a $1200 Versace blouse just rubbed me up the wrong way.

I'm not sure the cost of the outfits The View provides the hosts to wear disputes the fact that she grew up poor... I'm not sure about Ana or Sara, but all three of Whoopi, Joy, and Sunny grew up in poor families.

I agree and disagree with Sunny at different moments. Ana is right that the 1/6 committee isn't going to focus in on Ivanka lining her pockets illegally; if anyone does, it will be NY. But she's the only one who brought any detailed information to the conversation at the same time. And I always love her reading of the legal statements.

I enjoyed the guest co-host, but I would've rather Sara could've been there. LOLed @ Joy telling them to let Psaki speak.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Sitting there spouting on & on about how poor her family was while wearing a $1200 Versace blouse just rubbed me up the wrong way.

She was referring to how she grew up not how she currently lives.  Her point I believe was that she appreciates the concerns of the poor because she once was poor.   Whereas the rich don't always understand those same concerns because they've never experienced them.   So I don't think she needs to wear clothes from Target (and there's nothing wrong with Target) to make that point.

I like Sunny and I appreciate her bringing other points of view to the panel even if I don't always agree with her.  She's generally respectful and doesn't take things to a personal level.    

• Love 15
16 hours ago, ForumLou said:

uhoh.  I can see a sitch happening ala the Talk.  why hasnt Joy said anything? Is she going to wait for the last day.  Maybe offer her a sweetheart deal.  More time off.  Two days instead of five, or four. However the hell they schedule.  But they won't because it will set a precedence forever in the future..

Second time someone suggested it and I looked at her forum there was nothing. What’s the source.  Think joy is not money driven at this point I think she wants to travel. Whoopi is different story. 

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Good show today!!

It was, i enjoyed it.  Loved Jen.  She's  so down to earth, and yet smart!  She is up on so many issues,  ney ALL issues.  Hope they keep her for a long time.  Throw whatever she wants to her.

4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Well, get ready to hear it again when Jen Psaki is on.

Doesnt it seem like every day sees a death of someone notable?  Very sad.

Thats funny, Sunny talking about makeup. Isn’t she the one that won’t let Manny see her at bedtime without makeup?

Maybe this is the evolution of the chicken farmer.  Can't be going thru the coop on heels and fake eyelashes.  What would they think?

RIP Louie now, Meatloaf earlier, to both gentlemen

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Second time someone suggested it and I looked at her forum there was nothing. What’s the source.  Think joy is not money driven at this point I think she wants to travel. Whoopi is different story. 

I can see Whoopi traveling more now that she's flying again.  Especially across the pond, to help them setup new stuff based on her works.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, TimWil said:

Exactly. It’s becoming tiresome listening to her banging on and on using the exact same point. It ends up sounding self-serving.

This is Sunny"s M.O. She's like a dog with a bone. I bet she did the same thing when she was prosecutor, repeating a statement over and over as to hammer it in the jurys' brains.

Did she really say today that she never lost a case. Why is she a talk show host then? I would think her sense of self-importance wouldn't allow her to stop providing her service to the people.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ForumLou said:

uhoh.  I can see a sitch happening ala the Talk.  why hasnt Joy said anything? Is she going to wait for the last day.  Maybe offer her a sweetheart deal.  More time off.  Two days instead of five, or four. However the hell they schedule.  But they won't because it will set a precedence forever in the future..

What did I miss? Is Joy leaving? 

12 hours ago, TimWil said:

I found this on another message board (it was posted early last month) which best articulates my earlier point:

Today Sunny insisted that Biden's low approval ratings are due to not following through on issues like voting protections, police reform, and immigration—issues that are clearly important to her, but which she insists are the biggest priority for voters of color—despite ample evidence to the contrary. She also insisted again that Biden is betraying the black and latino voters to whom he owes victory—despite Biden doing pretty poorly with latinos and totally ignoring the many, many college educated whites, LGBT folks, Asian Americans, etc. who were just as instrumental to his win. Her narcissism really knows no bounds.

How was it narcissism?  Sunny has never said that Blacks and Latinos were the only ones who voted for Biden. She has always said that he needs to remember his core base of voters and what they expect him to do.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
22 hours ago, After7Only said:

Whereas the rich don't always understand those same concerns because they've never experienced them. 

Not everyone who is "rich" started out that way. They may not have been as poor as Sunny says she was, but there are plenty of people who didn't inherit wealth but gained it through work. Whether all those jobs should have paid so much is debatable. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Not everyone who is "rich" started out that way. They may not have been as poor as Sunny says she was, but there are plenty of people who didn't inherit wealth but gained it through work. Whether all those jobs should have paid so much is debatable. 

True but the fact that Sunny has never forgotten her roots and people who are still living the way that she used to live has always endeared her to me flaws and all..  That story she told on Friday about her parents letting her choose to eat whatever that she wanted at a restaurant while they had to do without was moving..

Jeannie from the talk show, the real, told a similar story where her dad used to buy Kentucky fried chicken for her and her brothers. He never ate while they ate,  she was young and never understood why and one night, unbeknownst to him, she saw her father eating out of the garbage the rest of the meal that she and her brothers had thrown out.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

True but the fact that Sunny has never forgotten her roots and people who are still living the way that she used to live has always endeared her to me flaws and all..  That story she told on Friday about her parents letting her choose to eat whatever that she wanted at a restaurant while they had to do without was moving..

Jeannie from the talk show, the real, told a similar story where her dad used to buy Kentucky fried chicken for her and her brothers. He never ate while they ate,  she was young and never understood why and one night, unbeknownst to him, she saw her father eating out of the garbage the rest of the meal that she and her brothers had thrown out.  

Yes, I watch so many shows and don't always remember the hosts' stories, but that one really stayed with me. 

I also agree with you. I may not always agree with everything Sunny says or her delivery, but I think she's a wonderful person. The View is very lucky to have her. 

• Love 8
On 1/21/2022 at 11:58 AM, After7Only said:

She was referring to how she grew up not how she currently lives.  Her point I believe was that she appreciates the concerns of the poor because she once was poor.   Whereas the rich don't always understand those same concerns because they've never experienced them.   So I don't think she needs to wear clothes from Target (and there's nothing wrong with Target) to make that point.

It is kind of strange to expect anyone who was ever poor to never wear expensive things. What is the point of rising above one's raising if not to be able to experience nice things? I agree that Sunny understands and empathizes because she was not always a wealthy person.

• Love 8
On 1/22/2022 at 12:27 AM, Pearson80 said:

How was it narcissism?  Sunny has never said that Blacks and Latinos were the only ones who voted for Biden. She has always said that he needs to remember his core base of voters and what they expect him to do.. 

She has said repeatedly that Black and Latinos “put him there.” Which is patently false.

• Love 4