Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Burns And Betrayals

• Start Topic

Kimbaaaly: “Usman, get your energy up…just do it for me.” Soo cringe. It’s so awkward watching her strut around.

She was making a real fool of herself on this whole trip. How was she not embarrassed to be stepping into this lame music video like someone’s mom at a sleepover? And how did you guys react when Kimbaaaly compared Usman to Michael Jackson?! Also, when the camera guy zoomed in on Kim’s butt, perfect shot.

Why the hell was Memphis announcing that she has to shit on TV like that? And why were they talking about it through the door? Is this a weird fetish thing that I’m not understanding? Weirdos…nothing like taking a big shit and drinking some orange juice!

Memphis asking to see Hamza's degree (which was obviously gonna be in Arabic) and then going, “I can't read this!” (because it's in Arabic) had me rolling.

The 52 year-old pastor/fitness model, Ben, loaned a woman money because it’s God’s path. He’s a fucking clown. Seriously, his using God (that must be what he calls his dick) to justify his dating actions is so disturbing. Anyone can say “God is calling me to _____”. Where does it end? What a dangerous and delusional rationalization of anything. It’s so annoying when people use their religion as a way to justify their awful decisions. He is dating a woman who is 28 years younger than him and looks like a teenager. Both his friends and his ex-wife call out his proclivity for young women as RED FLAGS. (Also, I noticed one of his kids refused to be on the show, amirite? The smart one, I assume.) Every day, TLC tries to inch closer to an Investigation Discovery crossover.

Next episode: Ben will be wandering around alone at Machu Picchu with flowers while mumbling “Mmmm” in his black leather coat. He’ll be going door to door, asking random Peruvians if they’ve seen Mahogany. One will be like “Yeah, Diana Ross was incredible.” I really hope the reveal is that Mahogany is really just Sumit up to his old tricks.

If it were anyone else, I would be Team Not Gino on the toothbrush thing...but it almost came out like a misdemeanor compared to Jasmean, who is THE WORST. She totally picked that fight about the decor to soften Gino up for the birth control pill discussion. Also, was not loving the hypocrisy that she's allowed to have male friends and do whatever but Gino is supposed to burn the house down and salt the earth to purge any reminder of his ex-wife. He's no prize either but it's genuinely embarrassing that Jasmean is in her 30s and is acting like this. Do you guys think that Jasmean is suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness? She may be acting ridiculous, but she needs help. What about you? Should she get a therapist?

I was hoping that after Ximena told Mike about being with a hitman that the camera would pan back to reveal some fart bubbles floating up.

Between the pooping and farting, this has turned out to be quite the episode. Definitely one of the better seasons we’ve had in a while IMO.

P.S. guys, I took the last month off of work due to Christmas and the new year. I watched so mach reality TV to pass the time. I go back to work on Monday. I hope I can go back to normal life instead of watching 20+ hours of these shows per week. Ask Mahogany to pray for me. Of course Mahogany loves you guys, my snarky snark friends on Primetimer.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

She was making a real fool of herself on this whole trip. How was she not embarrassed to be stepping into this lame music video like someone’s mom at a sleepover?

I know, does she not see herself as she really is???? She just looked so out of place. And why isn't Usman embarrassed? I totally agree with you except I would substitute the word mom for the word grandma.  And her MJ shrine. I'll add that I loved MJ too, but what grown woman in 2022 has a shrine dedicated to him in their home? Just a lot of weirdness there.

1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Do you guys think that Jasmean is suffering from an undiagnosed mental illness? She may be acting ridiculous, but she needs help. What about you? Should she get a therapist?

I think she should definitely see someone. I think she's very damaged, and alongside that and in my very unprofessional opinion, Histrionics Personality Disorder. I had a friend that acted like her. She would do and say things that were so out of the realm of normal behavior, I had to head towards Google.

• Love 9
On 1/17/2022 at 8:34 AM, RedDelicious said:

Especially when the woman in question responds only in emojis.

I can't with Ben. He is David 2.0.

Mmmmmmmm.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:46 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

Gino saying Jasmine was the most emotional woman/person he has met. Gino the correct term is psychotic. She has not even tried to hide her controlling bitchiness at all. She just let it all out as soon as he arrived.

Yet he wants to have a kid(s) with her instead of realizing that right now he could totally make a clean break. Otherwise, he'll be tied to her the rest of his life. It would be a nightmare trying to co-parent with her, and forget about ever being able to date anyone after the divorce. Although, of course, it would be all right for HER to do it.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, seacliffsal said:

I am so embarrassed for Kim as she really sees her romantic story in a different light from reality.  However, she, like Memphis, has forgotten that she is a guest.  Therefore, she needs to back-off from trying to direct Usman's video and life.

"If I told them once, I told them a hundred times! Put 'Spinal Tap Sojaboy' first and 'Puppet Show' last!"

On 1/17/2022 at 10:13 AM, magemaud said:

One of his kids should suggest he do a "reverse image search" like Yolanda's did. 

It just never ceases to amaze me that no one thinks to do this most simplest of things. It takes me less than five minutes to discover if the handsome doctor who randomly reached out to me on Facebook is legit. Quelle surprise! He's not, and it's interesting that his friends list is made up of what appear to be Nigerians.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:42 PM, Frozendiva said:

Screenrant has an article that claimed Memphis is 4 feet, 9.5 inches tall. She is petite.

Napoleon complex: a domineering or aggressive attitude perceived as a form of overcompensation for being physically small or short.

• Love 11

I do not feel sorry for Gino, he knew what he was walking in to, Jasmean was showing her nasty, crazy self when they were on the phone with each other, did he think it would be different in person? Gino thought he was getting some Latin erotica but all he really got was psicotica.

He is a willing participant in this relationship, maybe he likes to be verbally spanked.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

A few thoughts:  I am super grateful my parents did NOT raise us in some weird fundamental religion where there was no tv, no radio, etc.  Have you known these people as adults?  Some can shake it off but others, not so much. 

If I were in any area of performing arts no way no how would my hubby be around.  Separation of church and state.  He would, however, keep his lips zipped.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I do not feel sorry for Gino, he knew what he was walking in to, Jasmean was showing her nasty, crazy self when they were on the phone with each other, did he think it would be different in person? Gino thought he was getting some Latin erotica but all he really got was psicotica.

He is a willing participant in this relationship, maybe he likes to be verbally spanked.

x1000....especially if what is posted in the couples thread is true (and no reason to believe it isn't true) this jackass is getting what he deserves....because of how much $$ he has poured into her already, he assumed once they were together in person she would what----melt into a puddle of love and do whatever he wanted, including getting knocked up, kiss his ass for his awesome gift of an electric toothbrush? Women, even sex workers, are not simply objects to use and abuse as you wish because you are tossing some dollars their way....Jasmine has had enough of his bullshit and told him to his face, "go back hunting on your website and find another stupid girl like me." She is a bit psychotic but I had a nice laugh when she talked about his clothing...in general, Americans are way more casual than anywhere else I can think of that I have traveled. Here comes Gino, staying in a very nice hotel and looks like in a nice area of this major metropolitan city, ready to run around with his (in his mind) model quality younger woman and he packed.....gym shorts and sandals that highlight his nasty feet? LOL

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 1/17/2022 at 10:41 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I will say this:  after watching Sunday's episode, I am, and I am not joking, planning a trip to Turkey.  Not kidding.  Then I really got going:  Turkey!  Budapest!  I am getting a Eurorail pass!  I was going to go summer 2023, but not to get heavy, I just turned 57 and my dad died suddenly at at 53 - please no sad emojis, I worked through all of it and I am good.  The thing is, I am not promised 2023, no one is.  First I was like, one week!  Then, You ain't working ESY (well maybe I will, lol) so let's make it two weeks!  And I am going to learn a few words and phrases in different languages, more than these fools do for their "soulmate."  And I fully admit, one will be "Do you speak any English?"

One more thing:  Going alone!  

You go! You gorgeous SOUL!!! If you run into 90-day filming video bomb them. lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 1/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, Frozendiva said:

Screenrant has an article that claimed Memphis is 4 feet, 9.5 inches tall. She is petite.

Memphis was wearing the most impractical high-heeled shoes when they were walking outside amongst the road rubble. 

On 1/17/2022 at 9:52 AM, MrBuhBye said:

I’m not sure now Kim proclaiming that they should have cut his hair and organized his clothes earlier actually assisted in the shoot.  It was water under the bridge at that time and just diverted attention from the tasks at hand.

I know what you'll are saying about Kim, that she's an ignorant pushy American, and I agree for the most part, especially about her grooming. But Usman made the comment that his crew were incompetent and that Kim had actually been helpful, both true statements. 

Maybe these topics have already been talked about, I was on page 3, so now I'll continue reading. I love this forum. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Memphis asking to see Hamza's degree (which was obviously gonna be in Arabic) and then going, “I can't read this!” (because it's in Arabic) had me rolling.

I'm convinced it was his high school diploma

21 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I was hoping that after Ximena told Mike about being with a hitman that the camera would pan back to reveal some fart bubbles floating up.

or worse

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm convinced it was his high school diploma

I am too---didn't she say it was a two year period a while ago? Like he was there 2012-2014 and that is when it was awarded? And if he is just now 26....

"me confused"lol

And yes, if your stomach is not doing well on vacation, by all means follow up a giant shit in what was probably a squat toilet/outhouse (didn't see any hand sanitizer) with a gigantic fresh fruit juice or smoothie prepared by the dude who doesn't have running water at home. And this woman studied nursing??? SMH

Edited by Stuckathome
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 1/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, Breedom said:

Kim: And who died and made you boss lady? Step back and calm down. You are not as important as you think you are. It's embarrassing when someone so inexperienced tries to take charge like they know what they are talking about. Stop making a fool of yourself. You didn't work for or earn that spot.

I have a theory that Kimbolly is paying for this video shoot. 

On 1/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Breedom said:

And her MJ shrine. I'll add that I loved MJ too, but what grown woman in 2022 has a shrine dedicated to him in their home?

Attention. I think Kimbolly got a lot of mileage and attention for being a MJ fan. On listservs, through peers, or fan clubs etc She's transferring whatever the benefit for her that she got from the MJ fanage. 

All of these people need a good shrink. All do seek love but it's something psychological as the primary driver. Love is secondary.

Alina, thirsty looking for validation and fame. Caleb: thirst 

Ben: grave, serious religious damage. I read he's a 3rd generation pastor. Darkness there. 

Memphis: parents drug addiction, foster system, trauma.

Idaho Ella: trauma, weight, self esteem

Mike: low self esteem, caretaking of others other than himself. I hope he makes it. I don't think he's had an easy life or acceptance. Ximena; TRAUMA!

Gino and Jasmean, I mean IDK. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Wouldn't surprise me if she is paying for everything including all hotel rooms, transport etc.

Agree. What does she do for a living again?? Or maybe TLC agreed to foot at least some of the bills to get what they thought would be a juicy storyline ? 

Again though if she is paying---what does she do for work? I often wonder how many of these people afford this shit. Like Angela---her first season. Low level worker in a hospice in rural GA with like 200 grandkids and living in a double wide somehow had $$ to pay for a plane ticket to Nigeria and the hotel, gifts for Michael, etc. How?? WTH did I do wrong in my life?? Tiffany, somehow could afford a vacation to South Africa (where she met Ronald) plus then all the follow up trips over there? And THEN they will need to pay all the fees for the visa, green card etc which are NOT cheap. Are they just sponging off family? The system? In massive debt? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

So glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Wouldn't surprise me if she is paying for everything including all hotel rooms, transport etc.

She admitted that SHE had booked the "most expensive room"/honeymoon suite herself. 

She works in a café! I'll bet she also gets paid as a caregiver for her invalid mother. But, somehow she made enough money to buy a $ 7K MJ fedora. (I hope she has insurance on it after bragging on national television...) 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I have a theory that Kimbolly is paying for this video shoot. 

Attention. I think Kimbolly got a lot of mileage and attention for being a MJ fan. On listservs, through peers, or fan clubs etc She's transferring whatever the benefit for her that she got from the MJ fanage. 

All of these people need a good shrink. All do seek love but it's something psychological as the primary driver. Love is secondary.

Alina, thirsty looking for validation and fame. Caleb: thirst 

Ben: grave, serious religious damage. I read he's a 3rd generation pastor. Darkness there. 

Memphis: parents drug addiction, foster system, trauma.

Idaho Ella: trauma, weight, self esteem

Mike: low self esteem, caretaking of others other than himself. I hope he makes it. I don't think he's had an easy life or acceptance. Ximena; TRAUMA!

Gino and Jasmean, I mean IDK. 

1000% this.  My childhood was awesome and again. I just want to say thank you to my deceased parents for NOT bringing us up in a cult.  I mean, really.

14 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I often wonder how many of these people afford this shit. Like Angela---her first season. Low level worker in a hospice in rural GA with like 200 grandkids and living in a double wide somehow had $$ to pay for a plane ticket to Nigeria and the hotel, gifts for Michael, etc. How?? WTH did I do wrong in my life?? Tiffany, somehow could afford a vacation to South Africa (where she met Ronald) plus then all the follow up trips over there? And THEN they will need to pay all the fees for the visa, green card etc which are NOT cheap. Are they just sponging off family? The system? In massive debt? 

First bolding:  I know, right?

Second bolding:  B-I-N-G-O is his name-o!

I have an actual sibling who is a therapist.  She would not watch this show in general but if she tuned in once she would be like, nope.  Live it all day, do NOT need it in my off time. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Or maybe TLC agreed to foot at least some of the bills to get what they thought would be a juicy storyline ? 

Again though if she is paying---what does she do for work? I often wonder how many of these people afford this shit. 

I think it's a combo, and yes re: TLC. They are supplying some or all of the $ but they need Kimbolly as the vehicle, the US person. I feel like it wasn't hard for them to find his American superfan- she was probably known. If BGL showed up in Zanzibar to confront them both we'll know for sure! :-) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I think it's a combo, and yes re: TLC. They are supplying some or all of the $ but they need Kimbolly as the vehicle, the US person. I feel like it wasn't hard for them to find his American superfan- she was probably known. If BGL showed up in Zanzibar to confront them both we'll know for sure! :-) 

I just really NEED at this point to have KIMBAAAAAAALEEEEEE ask a cab driver, cafe worker, anyone if they have heard of Usman.  But she must know the answer, right?  RIGHT??

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 1/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Breedom said:

I know, does she not see herself as she really is???? She just looked so out of place. And why isn't Usman embarrassed? I totally agree with you except I would substitute the word mom for the word grandma.  And her MJ shrine. I'll add that I loved MJ too, but what grown woman in 2022 has a shrine dedicated to him in their home? Just a lot of weirdness there.

She is the most cringey, desperate woman I have ever seen in my lifetime. And Usman is CLEARLY not focused on her at all. He is focused on the green card.

• Love 4