Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Burns And Betrayals

• Start Topic

Alina ponders telling Caleb about her secret; Memphis feels betrayed by Hamza; Kim challenges Usman's management; Ximena's past disturbs Mike; Jasmine comes clean to Gino; Ben tells his family about his much younger girlfriend.

First Look: 1/14/22

TLC: 1/16/22

Discovery+: 1/16/22

Edited by greekmom
  • Love 1

The Turkey adventure continues. At least the cameras stopped and it is the next morning. Caleb thought it was fun but he also admitted he had some logistical challenges. I think Alina expected a bit more. It may take a little time for Caleb to adjust and make whatever changes you need Give him a break.

Kimbaaaaaaly put on her best USB shirt for Usman's video shoot. She is still a 'fan'. And then she ventures in to boss lady mode when she feels that things don't seem to be running as they should. Not your shoot, you are not Usman's management. Their fault that the clothes are wrong, in the wrong suitcase, whatever. The management is paying for the crew and time is money.

And then we get Gino and Jasmine. She is working out in what must be the hotel gym. She likes to work out alone. And she is angry about no Christmas gift. So she books a $2500 four day vacation at some resort. Because she deserves it. Gino, put your foot down. You couldn't afford the new clothes and not even one outfit - how do you expect to afford the vacation she wants. Still going on about his exes, the color of the house, etc. etc. and she is worth more than all of the exes combined. No idea if it was her being unstable and someone that Gino should re-evaluate having any involvement with, or someone who is really good at manipulating to get what she wants. The jealousy, the anger, the sobs. And Gino falls for it. Gino, she will want more and more money. Hope you have it as she is coming across as a bottomless pit. Oh, and stock up on tissues.

I couldn't imagine being entitled to a very expensive present because I didn't get the expensive Christmas gift I wanted from a guy I have just met.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

The Turkey adventure continues. At least the cameras stopped and it is the next morning. Caleb thought it was fun but he also admitted he had some logistical challenges. I think Alina expected a bit more. It may take a little time for Caleb to adjust and make whatever changes you need Give him a break.

Kimbaaaaaaly put on her best USB shirt for Usman's video shoot. She is still a 'fan'. And then she ventures in to boss lady mode when she feels that things don't seem to be running as they should. Not your shoot, you are not Usman's management. Their fault that the clothes are wrong, in the wrong suitcase, whatever. The management is paying for the crew and time is money.

And then we get Gino and Jasmine. She is working out in what must be the hotel gym. She likes to work out alone. And she is angry about no Christmas gift. So she books a $2500 four day vacation at some resort. Because she deserves it. Gino, put your foot down. You couldn't afford the new clothes and not even one outfit - how do you expect to afford the vacation she wants. Still going on about his exes, the color of the house, etc. etc. and she is worth more than all of the exes combined. No idea if it was her being unstable and someone that Gino should re-evaluate having any involvement with, or someone who is really good at manipulating to get what she wants. The jealousy, the anger, the sobs. And Gino falls for it. Gino, she will want more and more money. Hope you have it as she is coming across as a bottomless pit. Oh, and stock up on tissues.

I couldn't imagine being entitled to a very expensive present because I didn't get the expensive Christmas gift I wanted from a guy I have just met.

I read online that Jasmine was abused in her marriage and it was really apparent tonight how broken she is. She was crying like a little girl, not a manipulative woman, I think. I also read she's in therapy so hopefully she will work it out. Meanwhile, I also hope she has stopped calling other women "bitches." 

I'm starting to think she's very fragile and TLC shouldn't have put her on TV. I feel like I'm watching something very private. 

She does have my permission, though, to call Kimberly the B word after the way Kim tried to ride roughshod all over everyone. It she thinks this will endear her to Usman, it will likely do the opposite - because who will ever want to work with him and deal with her?

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 9

Turkey adventure - don't care.

We are getting an intro to this season's Vanessa & The Williams or Cesear and I don't show up unless I get paid Maria.

Jasmine is as crazy as Larissa and I am here for it.  Gino is to blame.  He wanted a woman that's a 9 instead of a 4.  Now, I am not into one person physically hurting another person but...... I would make an exception of Jasmine slaps Gino around.  I don't know. I kind of feel he deserves it (as he got himself into this) and would like it. 

• Love 6

Jasmine is an American history teacher who is out of work right now, Gino is an auto mechanic or tech and is out of work right now, you would think Jasmine could relate to the unemployment situation that Gino has going on but does not. This is what I do not understand, this behavior did not start the second they met in person I am sure she has made demands when they were talking on line, why would he continue on with someone who saw him as an ATM?

Has Jasmine ever spoken about her teaching or anything about American history, that is something they could talk about other than material things and Gino's exes.  Has Gino ever asked her about her schooling or work? I do not believe Jasmine is a teacher of anything.  Also, Jasmine should learn how to cry with tears.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Just a tidbit here: American literature or history can refer to North or South America. We, from the US, always tend to think of American as US. It truly is not just ours. Our citizenship is US not American. 

• Useful 7
  • Love 12

I found myself wondering what telenovela role Jasmine was auditioning for--dominatrix with a heart of brass, recently released mental patient, crazy current (as opposed to ex-) girlfriend, cackling D-list Batman villainess (GataWoman?), dehydrated tearless weeper. Because all of that was so fake it made me laugh. And the harder she "cried," the harder I laughed.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

I found myself wondering what telenovela role Jasmine was auditioning for--dominatrix with a heart of brass, recently released mental patient, crazy current (as opposed to ex-) girlfriend, cackling D-list Batman villainess (GataWoman?), dehydrated tearless weeper. Because all of that was so fake it made me laugh. And the harder she "cried," the harder I laughed.

Definitely recently released mental patient.  GF is beyond the standard crazy current gf type.

• Love 10

If Jasmine is playing a part, she is playing it to the hilt. And she and Gino are laughing as they film this. His obedience to her? No, he is not her pet. It is a reality show, but it is not funny when it goes to soap opera levels.

If she teaches, she should have some income to pay for travels.

If she is being exploited and is a bit unhinged or has genuine issues, it is time for Gino to contact her family and chat about getting her some help.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

I learned a long time ago, if I want an expensive piece of jewelry, I buy it myself. Then no one is upset or disappointed.

You are right about being disappointed, if Jasmean was expecting an engagement ring and got an electric tooth brush I could see her being disappointed but Gino didn't even give her a less expensive or a token gift for Christmas, he basically did not give her anything on their first Christmas together, that is a bummer.  I am not a fan of Jasmean but that was sort of stupid on his part.  Jasmean is used to men gifting her with things, I don't think spending her own money on jewelry is a part of her world.

What do these women think about the Gino's and Mike's they talk to, I mean what game do they have via phone or computer?  I would think Gino would not be shy about telling a woman that he is unemployed and broke, something that I am sure he shared that with Jasmean so why does she expect to be wined and dined, does not get what she wants so she doubles down on her request of an expensive vacation when she is basically on vacation already.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I could see her being disappointed but Gino didn't even give her a less expensive or a token gift for Christmas, he basically did not give her anything on their first Christmas together, that is a bummer. 

Oh yes, I agree 100% as I posted in a prior conversation. I would have been super disappointed to receive a toothbrush. I don't think Gino has the slightest clue as to what kind of gift to buy a woman. Especially, their first Christmas together - he should have sprung for something personal and special. BUT - Gino doesn't know any better.

Also, agree that Jasmine isn't going to spend her own $ on jewelry for herself. I was just referring in my own personal world, that's what I do if I want something.

• Love 12
49 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Oh yes, I agree 100% as I posted in a prior conversation. I would have been super disappointed to receive a toothbrush. I don't think Gino has the slightest clue as to what kind of gift to buy a woman. Especially, their first Christmas together - he should have sprung for something personal and special. BUT - Gino doesn't know any better.

Also, agree that Jasmine isn't going to spend her own $ on jewelry for herself. I was just referring in my own personal world, that's what I do if I want something.

You would have thought since Gino had been married before he would have had a clue.

I am sure you would buy what you want, you have a normal thought process...Jasmean has a much different way of thinking.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is Memphis really having a melt down about Hamzy being two years younger than he said he was? He is still legal.

Memphis says he has been a her fiance for 8 months, did he know that?

Memphis getting pissy because she couldn't read Arabic, duh, really?

Memphis, just go home.

I would have been okay with Memphis being upset about the age thing if they hadn't disrespected his mom's wishes last week. That made it seem very hypocritical. 

I get it's not a big number of years he cut off, but if she wants an honest partner, that's within her rights to ask.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I get it's not a big number of years he cut off, but if she wants an honest partner, that's within her rights to ask.

Maybe she should have started a relationship with a man that speaks English, it is so much easier to communicate with someone when there is comprehension on both ends.

His lying about his age, meh.

Her grilling him is embarrassing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I have a hard time believing Jasmine is for real, she's so over-the-top bonkers. She's pranking 90DF, right? She's a famous Panamanian comedian & she's  just having a laugh at Gino's expense, right? Please tell me this level of loony doesn't really exist in the wild, just on TV.

Caleb gets a lot of hate, but I'm still liking the chemistry between he & Alina (her horribly executed Instagram joke notwithstanding). The two of them are the most natural together of all the couples.

Unlike Cookie Monster Memphis. "Me poop coooooookie?"

Ben the former religious cult dude. Aw, poor guy. Preprogrammed to be gullible. At least he gets a trip to Peru out of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 1/15/2022 at 1:28 PM, Breedom said:

I would have told her that the toothbrush was actually Part 2 of her gift.  The first part was the teeth themselves.  But I guess Gino isn't as fast on his feet as he could be.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
On 1/14/2022 at 11:25 PM, Burning Rubber said:

Jasmine needs sustained, intensive psychiatric monitoring. I am not saying this for laugh-emoji reactions. It's very serious, this woman is unlikely to go through life without killing someone. She is a danger. Her tone  she was demanding obedience was unhinged. 

Yes. If she behaves like that in front of the cameras imagine what's she's like behind closed doors. Gino needs to leave before he gets hurt. 

• Love 14

1.  How much perfume does Kimberly need?  Seriously??

2.  Someone above said that Gino needs to run far away and he does.  Jasmine really does need help.   The man didn't want to buy $500 worth of clothes, but you think it's ok to make reservations for a $2500 trip? WTF is she smoking?  "You make me look crazy!" No, you do that all on your own, you psycho.

3.  Ximena.  OMG.  The emotional manipulation that was going on!!  "I lied to you but what about my boys? You came here as their father??"   WTH????  He wants to know everything he can about her, but she doesn't ask questions about him that we see, anyway.

4.  Preacher boy Ben.  He is a hottie, but all of the red flags are dancing in the wind.  He loaned her money.  She's too "Shy" to be on video.  Nope.  And they aren't bringing him in until late in the season?  Yeah, this has catfish written all over it.  When your kids are savvier than you are...

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Oh Kimbaaaaally...What magic mirror is hanging on your wall?  You turn to check the view of your massive butt and signal that it's hot.  Good on you, Gurl!

I flinched watching Kimbaaaaally finger grooming Ooze-man's unevenly cut hair...was sure she was going to lick her fingers to glue it down, kinda like Moms of old did!  Ewwwww.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

Are we to believe that Gino didn’t have $500 to buy some decent clothes, however he has $2,500 to take Jasmine on an exotic vacation?  I would bet good money that Jas told the producers she was going to bail and the trip was an incentive to stay.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

My take: Hamza is a shiftless 26-year-old loser who's a drain on Mom's finances and is becoming an embarrassment to the family. She desperately wants him to marry this rich American doctor and move the hell away.

*I know she's actually a PA and not a doctor, but I'd bet money Momza describes Memphis as a "doctor" to everyone.

You are probably spot on--I am sure that she is telling everyone that or Hamza did.  her cookie monster English is killing me. 

Memphis is actually a nurse practitioner in a clinic for psychiatric medicine.  Her reviews online are not the best.  

https://www.caredash.com/doctors/memphis-sandoval-f3275

Edited by suzywallis
  • Useful 11
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

He's as delusional as he was when he grew up in the cult. He justifies indulging his sexual impulses towards an alleged very young woman because it's "god's plan."

I wonder what his reaction would have been if his ex-wife declared it was god’s plan for her to date a man close to their son’s age. :) I have zero sympathy for someone who was already catfished once and is falling for it again - with an attitude to boot. He’s either really incredibly stupid or him being on this show is supposed to jumpstart his modeling “career”. My low opinion of him was solidified when his daughter said he had a tendency to forget about his kids anytime he was dating someone. He probably only views his kids as accessories in his life rather than an integral part of it. The wary looks they were giving him made it clear they’d heard his “I’m in love” garbage before. 

Edited by Mrs. Landingham
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, The Goon said:

I don't get Mike. He doesn't live in the sticks where houses are 10 miles apart. He lives in NY. He could find a broad like that here no problem. His looks are unfortunate though. I'm no prize pig myself but with his close set beady eyes and big schnoz, he reminds me of a proboscis monkey

ldd4mpy7c5n51.jpg

He reminds me of Woody Allen physically and George Costanza in personality.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Didn’t Zied have an HVAC degree as well?  

I am beginning to think HVAC is code for something in the Muslim culture.

Ben is not seriously thinking that he has a real relationship with Mahogany, Teak or Balsa, Ben is on this show to promote himself for his "old guy with abs"modeling career.  I swear I have seen Mahogany on Amazon as a model for one of those brands that are really just letters strung together to spell some nonsense word.

Mike would have shown up no matter what Ximena told him, he wanted to get laid.  I am still asking, what is this thing that people are so delusional that they envision a relationship in their head, they finally meet the person in person and it goes left, quickly but they refuse to give up and want the fantasy no matter what, no matter that the other person is so off the mark, brings nothing to the table, they won't even touch them but they want to be engaged.  How does TLC find that many people who act like idiots and ignore red flags and involve children, no amount of money is worth confusing or hurting children.

I cannot watch Gino touch his face constantly and twitch, he is forever wiping his face from the forehead down to his chin, adjusts his hat, takes his glasses on and off, I don't care if an elf lives under his hat, I cannot watch him.  Jasmean could round house kick him and I would not care, he asked for it, he got it, she is nuts and he stands there blinking and twitching.  He will fight for this relationship like he is fighting for his life, I hope Jasmean gets all his unemployment money, paints the walls of his house like the flag of Panama and makes him sleep on a bench at the end of the bed, he will love it and ask for more.

Usman and Kim should admit to each other what their intentions are about their relationship, it won't matter to Kim, she will still consider herself his potential girlfriend and continue to give Usman high dollar gifts, she will continue to think he needs her.  So what was the reason they got the local talent to meet up with Usman, they didn't use her for anything, did they?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12