Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

• Start Topic

Just now, JasonCC said:

Maybe it's just old age but this guy (gay male) wasn't that focused on the downstairs' neighbor's cock but on how flat and ripped his abs were. Of course he doesn't eat sugar! LOL

I loved that line. And Carrie saying "Of course you don't." I now want to see post-breakup Lisette on the stoop eating those blondies. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, JasonCC said:

Maybe it's just old age but this guy (gay male) wasn't that focused on the downstairs' neighbor's cock but on how flat and ripped his abs were. Of course he doesn't eat sugar! LOL

makes you rethink sugar, doesn't it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

I loved that line. And Carrie saying "Of course you don't." I now want to see post-breakup Lisette on the stoop eating those blondies. 

Right? I mean, they're Fat Witch brownies! The best in NYC! (And get her some Levain cookies as well.)

• Love 5
On 1/20/2022 at 10:26 AM, T Summer said:

Like many others  here I though Big should have been in the rear view for years when we catch up  the girls in the beginning of AJLT. I said it should've been a divorce after a brief marriage because what challenges can you write for someone who's been left like a billion dollars? 

If I were watching this show, and I'm not, I would have liked to have seen how Carrie and Big had settled into their marriage.  The viewers could have gotten a feel for what their lives were like, how they had grown together and kept their marriage spicy (for lack of a better word) before he died.  After all, like it or not, at the end of the OG series Carrie was happy.  She'd finally gotten the man she loved, and he'd come to her on his own like she had always wanted.  They followed that up in the second movie; she'd realized the value of a stable relationship and had stopped longing for her pre-married days.  It kind of sucks that there was no hint of that before they killed him off.  I personally see no value in a story starting with "divorce after a short marriage" given what they'd gone through to get to where they were.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:50 PM, ChicksDigScars said:

I follow Mr. Handler on Twitter. Is it possible to awkwardly read his Tweets, after seeing his full frontal? My, my....

I just read the Vanity Fair article where the writers attempt to justify the assassination of Steve's character, by saying, "there was backlash over Big's death, too." Seriously? Fuck off, Julie. Big was a piece of shit to Carrie for most of SATC....Everyone else kissed his ass. 

This narrative always floors me because it only sees the relationship through Carrie's eyes.  It ignores her many flaws and missteps throughout the entire series, not to mention the Big/Carrie relationship.  Also, I'm pretty sure Aiden would put Carrie in the "asshole" category if he was anywhere in the vicinity of honesty.  I'm also unsure about who exactly kissed Big's ass.  But then again, Carrie was the character I liked least, so I was never inclined to give her a pass when she was being self-involved, petty, entitled, silly and narcissistic.

On 1/20/2022 at 6:13 PM, BrindaWalsh said:

Fuck you, Miranda.  The problem when somebody saying "is this enough for you?  Is it really?  Are you happy?  Really happy?  This is really enough?"  is that behind those words lies judgement.  So when she had the gall to sit there and say to Carrie "I didn't make him feel bad, I didn't blame him" my mouth dropped.  Yes, she DID make him feel bad for being very happy with their settled and stable and traditional life.  Yes, behind the words there was PLENTY of blame because there wasn't "more."  Miranda has been looking down at Steve all season long.  There was plenty of blame coming from her.  And if she wasn't blaming, then somebody forgot to tell CN that she shouldn't play it that way.  I can understand the "wanting more."  But did she even give Steve a chance for "more" and tell him "I need more, let's do more?"  

Well said.

On 1/21/2022 at 9:36 AM, mstar1125 said:

Che is Miranda's Big. 

What exactly does this mean?  From what I'm reading there's really no comparison between Miranda/Che and Carrie/Big.  

20 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Miranda's hearing what she wants to hear. When Che says, "I can't give you anything traditional," probably what's going through Miranda's head is, "They mean because they're involved in so many different activities and travel around performing, so we won't be settling down and coming home to each other every night. Fine with me, because I had that and it was boring!"

Or maybe Miranda thinks she can change Che.  Wouldn't be the first time someone entered a "relationship" with delusional thinking.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2022 at 9:08 PM, RealHousewife said:

I would have needed therapy for that visual, but I do agree with you about Charlotte. I don't know why Carrie and Miranda were surprised. Charlotte loves Harry, and even if she didn't have as big a drive as some of the others, she was always sexual too. 

tumblr_n2ijt8aS2S1tvlpwyo1_500.gif

I walked downstairs one night and caught my father (widower)  getting a hand job from a woman he was dating when I was a teen. It makes me want to vomit to this day😬 and how stupid of them to do that in the living room when there were two kids sleeping upstairs. 

I don't know how the heck I missed Harry's member if it was prosthetic looking. Must have been checking my phone or on here. 

1 hour ago, JasonCC said:

My reaction was "oh woah! did not expect that!" But honestly, only fair. And I say this as someone who isn't particularly interested in seeing random men's bits. It's just that nudity is always done to please straight men, and I've never found that fair. Do they even make R rated movies without boobs? Let's get dude parts out, and yes, real ones. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, TaurusRose said:

Or maybe Miranda thinks she can change Che.  Wouldn't be the first time someone entered a "relationship" with delusional thinking.

No it wouldn't, but my biggest fear for this show right now is that it will actually make Che want to change into being monogamous for Miranda.  I can just hear the sappy dialogue now, "I never wanted to be monogamous for anyone until you came along".  Vomit.  🤮

11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I honestly have no idea how so many of you, like 50% of you, seemed to miss Harry's ENORMOUS Boogie Nights-like prosthetic dick!

A lot of people seemed to have missed it, including my husband. I yelled out and backed up the scene so he could see it and he was shocked that he'd missed it.  He usually would never miss something like that, LOL.  I wonder why that happened.  Did they intend it that way?  I think Charlotte suddenly looking up with a shocked expression drew some people's attention away from what was going on in Harry's pants, LOL. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Right? I mean, they're Fat Witch brownies! The best in NYC! (And get her some Levain cookies as well.)

Unfortunately I moved too far away from New York City & let me Telya food sucks here. I’ve had the frozen Levain cookies that they sell in some grocery stores. But I found them way too sweet. Haven’t had the fat witch brownies but they really look good!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I honestly have no idea how so many of you, like 50% of you, seemed to miss Harry's ENORMOUS Boogie Nights-like prosthetic dick!

I, for one, am still 100% distracted by Kristin Davis's fucked up mouth; so much so that I can't stop staring at it in every single scene she is and even I didn't miss that thing because it was RIDICULOUS, people, RIDICULOUS.  Straight out of a seedy pranks & gag shop found in aisle 10 right beside the blow up dolls. 

Harry shall now be known as Floppy in my house. 

51 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think we have our bumper sticker.

Let me know when it's ready so I can put in my order. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

No it wouldn't, but my biggest fear for this show right now is that it will actually make Che want to change into being monogamous for Miranda.  I can just hear the sappy dialogue now, "I never wanted to be monogamous for anyone until you came along".  Vomit.  🤮

A lot of people seemed to have missed it, including my husband. I yelled out and backed up the scene so he could see it and he was shocked that he'd missed it.  He usually would never miss something like that, LOL.  I wonder why that happened.  Did they intend it that way?  I think Charlotte suddenly looking up with a shocked expression drew some people's attention away from what was going on in Harry's pants, LOL. 

I missed it totally!

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Unfortunately I moved too far away from New York City & let me Telya food sucks here. I’ve had the frozen Levain cookies that they sell in some grocery stores. But I found them way too sweet. Haven’t had the fat witch brownies but they really look good!

They have a bunch of different flavors (as Carrie was pointing out). You can order Fat Witch, I've sent them to my stepmother for Mother's Day. They're YUM.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

They have a bunch of different flavors (as Carrie was pointing out). You can order Fat Witch, I've sent them to my stepmother for Mother's Day. They're YUM.

Though I'm not far, I never want to discover these other level desserts they have in NYC. I have enough trouble staying away from sweets already!

• Love 2

Getting back to Charlotte’s aversion to giving blow jobs ... I would think that the girls would have remembered this, because it was the topic of an entire episode back in the day.  Maybe one of them might have mentioned something like ... “so now you do them?”, at least referring to the past episode?!  

This whole show is like a train wreck — horrible and sad, but just can’t look away!  At least keep the girls in character and not turn them into entirely different people!  

Why didn’t they introduce the young neighbor sooner?  Would have made for some good interactions with Carrie as “relationship mentor” or something!  I’ll bet they were saving that for developing season 2  —  well, they can forget about that now!

And ... where is Aiden when you need him?  Maybe saving him for season 2 also?  

Kim Cattrall was smart to stay away from this mess!  Even resurrecting her character would not have saved this show.

• Love 4

Forgot to mention in my previous comment — does anyone wonder where this would be if Miranda had, instead of Steve, ended up with hot NY Nicks sports doctor Robert?  Would she still be so bored and miserable with a celebrity orthopedic doctor (as he was no doubt destined to become) or would she be living the “high life” in some Manhattan penthouse, going to A-List parties every weekend and dinners with the cognoscenti and glitterati of NYC?  Her “do nothing” son would probably be at Harvard or Yale on a path to medical school like his stepdad!  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

The funny thing is..... Miranda left Robert FOR Steve because she felt this crazy, passionate love that the show is saying Miranda now feels for Che.

But the show is trying to do this revisionist history that Miranda finds Steve to be an old boring pile of shit and has been unhappy with him for however long.  Of course, that could have happened in the interim between 2010 and today, of course, why not?  But it's the treatment of Steve and the revisionist history that so many of us have issue with.  For one thing - the young bartender who bragged about how he was cute and slept with so many women never learned how to finger a woman?  Are you fucking serious?  (Canon is that Steve had slept with wayyyyyy more people than Miranda had.)

Robert has a lot of fans here - including me.  Of course a lot of us wanted Miranda to stay with him.  It would be interesting to see how it would have been --- only, of course, if Miranda wasn't really in love with Steve.  She never loved Robert.  One would think that she could get there though.  She was so enamoured with him when he moved to her building.  Although - the show painted it as Miranda just being "horny".

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Robert was a better match for Miranda.  And if I may be shallow he was hot as fuck.

If Miranda and Che end up in a committed relationship I will forever believe it was written that way at Cynthia Nixon's behest.

And yes @Ms Blue Jay this board is so much more entertaining than the show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Even though I think this show is shit, at least these threads are of endless fun to me.

A friend I've been screaming about this mess to on a weekly basis requested I shield myself from any other information (she knows I've already stopped watching) and then just dive into the season finale as blind as possible. My immediate reaction was "noooooo, I look forward to going in the threads each week!!!". She just sighed at me haha

Because I cannot deal with this entire storyline and thus cannot stop periodically thinking about it, I realized that when Steve had his one-night stand back in the first movie, he had done it because sex with Miranda had dried up. All other details about differences in reactions and handling the situation aside...

One of the big reasons Miranda uses to justify what she's been doing is that sex with Steve had dried up. I can't believe that Miranda wouldn't have the self-awareness at any point to realize that the circumstance she was so livid about in Movie #1 is very similar to her circumstance now. I just don't buy it. Miranda's the realist, the pragmatist, the analytical one. There's just no way she wouldn't put any of that together. Sorry, but nope.

Edited by Alice Mudgarden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, ChattyCathyLA said:

Forgot to mention in my previous comment — does anyone wonder where this would be if Miranda had, instead of Steve, ended up with hot NY Nicks sports doctor Robert?  Would she still be so bored and miserable with a celebrity orthopedic doctor (as he was no doubt destined to become) or would she be living the “high life” in some Manhattan penthouse, going to A-List parties every weekend and dinners with the cognoscenti and glitterati of NYC?  Her “do nothing” son would probably be at Harvard or Yale on a path to medical school like his stepdad!  

That sure is interesting to think about, however I'm not sure oldstyle  Miranda put much importance on partying with the beautiful and influential people,  think that's more Carrie's persons. ,,,but she may have found Robert less boring.

The other thing is we have no reason to think she would have the option of marrying Robert or having him as a life partner. I always got the feeling it would be a short romance that would have run it's course in not a lot of time.

Plus, Miranda was kind of made out to be the least attractive one of the four which I don't necessarily agree with. The way they styled her and the way SATC era attorney Miranda Hobbs presented was far from a glamorous NYC party girl. She'd already expressed concern he was eyeing up the cheerleaders(one flirty one in particular). He denied it, However I wonder if Robert  wanted to marry her... and I can hardly stretch my mind that far, she may have been fearful that she'd always be on an emotional knife edge wondering if someone younger and more attractive might capture his interest. He had looks, charisma AND prestige being a doctor! Girls would no doubt always be flirting with him and he'd be at a lot of sporting events and parties... more so than most doctors because of him being a sport's team's doc. So I could see Miranda tiring of the party scene after a while  but she'd still have to deal with that being part of his job.

Being with Steve the bartender would not have her going through that kind of angst.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, T Summer said:

That sure is interesting to think about, however I'm not sure oldstyle  Miranda put much importance on partying with the beautiful and influential people,  think that's more Carrie's persons. ,,,but she may have found Robert less boring.

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

We had an interesting convo about who should have dated whom if you mix up all of the stars and their love interests, but I don't know if anyone thought of putting Dr. Robert and Carrie together.  It's pretty interesting!

9 minutes ago, T Summer said:

He denied it, However I wonder if Robert  wanted to marry her... and I can hardly stretch my mind that far, she may have been fearful that she'd always be on an emotional knife edge wondering if someone younger and more attractive might capture his interest. He had looks, charisma AND prestige being a doctor! Girls would no doubt always be flirting with him and he'd be at a lot of sporting events and parties... more so than most doctors because of him being a sport's team's doc. So I could see Miranda tiring of the party scene after a while  but she'd still have to deal with that being part of his job.

Being with Steve the bartender would not have her going through that kind of angst.

I agree that being around sports and athletes is totally dangerous for a marriage.  However, why would a bar be that much safer?  Bartenders are usually hired for their looks, and the alcohol is constantly flowing. A bar is a potential party scene every single night.  Remember Aidan flirting with that server?

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

If Miranda and Che end up in a committed relationship I will forever believe it was written that way at Cynthia Nixon's behest.

That's why, as much as I want it, I have doubts that Miranda will be in for a rude awakening when she arrives in Cleveland. I guess time will tell. I still won't be watching; I'll just get the details here.

Just to add, the Robert [whom, while nice looking, I found bland! Sorry!] and Steve discussion vis a vis Miranda is an interesting tangent. That said, I am not the mod here, but as a poster, maybe the original SATC thread is better suited for that? Shrug.

Anyway, the whole Che deal should shake out soon. I know what I want to happen. I just have doubts there, thanks to Cynthia Nixon being an EP.

I also hope there's no second season - especially if these same tone deaf folks will be writing this again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking!

We had an interesting convo about who should have dated whom if you mix up all of the stars and their love interests, but I don't know if anyone thought of putting Dr. Robert and Carrie together.  It's pretty interesting!

I agree that being around sports and athletes is totally dangerous for a marriage.  However, why would a bar be that much safer?  Bartenders are usually hired for their looks, and the alcohol is constantly flowing. A bar is a potential party scene every single night.  Remember Aidan flirting with that server?

I never ever imagined Carrie and Robert together. I was focusing on how Carrie loved designer duds, parties and she was somewhat of a social climber and the "one" for her happened to be described on the show as the next DJT. She never pined for  any of the guys on a lower socioeconomic level. Carrie would have been into partying with the beautiful people.

It's interesting to imagine, I just never did.

as for the last point...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs_aOfOOuO400GPxWK8nbimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7fp7XTrGsYp9NEOhTvy6 lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I would be able to swallow Miranda going from zero to “I want a divorce” in no time flat if her three weeks of amazing sex with Che had happened immediately after the scene in the kitchen that still haunts my dreams. Her lack of concern for Steve’s feelings would have still been lousy but made more sense if she had been immediately swept away into an affair. But she had three months of staring at her effing phone wondering if Che would ever reply - she couldn’t have realized then that she needed some time away from her marriage to figure things out regardless of if Che ever noticed her again? What the hell was she doing all that time besides trying and failing to recreate her best sex ever with Steve in the kitchen? The kind thing would have been to ask for a separation as soon as that ridiculous moment in the kitchen made it clear she could not make it work with Steve. Instead she kept making her sad ice cream, stringing Steve along for three months while constantly thinking of Che until Che decided to finally pay her some attention again. It is pathetic.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I am here for the gratutitous cock shots-not going to lie. I have been looking at women's naked bodies in film and television for 55 years so it is about damn time we saw some dicks on screen.

Co-signed, 100 percent. Infinity percent if there could be such a thing.

• LOL 3

Talking about Miranda being so bored with Steve and the life she has with him...

In the years of Carrie and Big's marriage that we didn't see before these characters returned, I  wonder if she continued to hound him to go out on the town, attend premiers and dine out instead of  having to see those horrible   take out bags? [that he picked up]

She seemed insufferable in awful SATC movie#2!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And Mr. Big wanted to watch old movies.  Women always want to marry old rich men but then they stomp their feet when they want to act old and do old things and love old shit 😉😆

Not only did she seem unnecessarily shrill and bitchy in that movie...

...but I sympathize with Carrie and wonder how she could've  been happily married to a man for 15 years who only settled on her  after a decade of dating and relationships with other women? One a whole marriage!  I can't  imagine how she wouldn't think of that often.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

She'd already expressed concern he was eyeing up the cheerleaders(one flirty one in particular). He denied it, However I wonder if Robert  wanted to marry her... and I can hardly stretch my mind that far, she may have been fearful that she'd always be on an emotional knife edge wondering if someone younger and more attractive might capture his interest. He had looks, charisma AND prestige being a doctor! Girls would no doubt always be flirting with him and he'd be at a lot of sporting events and parties... more so than most doctors because of him being a sport's team's doc. So I could see Miranda tiring of the party scene after a while  but she'd still have to deal with that being part of his job..

Honestly, you're right. Robert was such a catch being with him would have been a pain in the ass. Who wants to see their man eye fucked by cheerleaders? I pray I fall in love with someone ugly-hot!

2 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Because I cannot deal with this entire storyline and thus cannot stop periodically thinking about it, I realized that when Steve had his one-night stand back in the first movie, he had done it because sex with Miranda had dried up. All other details about differences in reactions and handling the situation aside...

One of the big reasons Miranda uses to justify what she's been doing is that sex with Steve had dried up. I can't believe that Miranda wouldn't have the self-awareness at any point to realize that the circumstance she was so livid about in Movie #1 is very similar to her circumstance now. I just don't buy it. Miranda's the realist, the pragmatist, the analytical one. There's just no way she wouldn't put any of that together. Sorry, but nope.

Exactly. Wouldn't Miranda think "last time we weren't having sex, one of us cheated. We need to work on our marriage."

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Shermie said:

Finally! Someone acknowledged that 55 is not old.

I thought it was funny that the first page of this thread is so much criticism about Carrie’s ugly outfit (kerchief, plastic gloves, gingham dress), going on and on about how the SATC fashion gods have lost their minds. Then the actual scene airs and there’s a perfectly logical explanation (whether you agree with it or not, it’s a logical explanation). 

And yes, many smokers have no idea how much they stink until they quit. Smokers have bad breath, they have smelly hair and hands and clothes, they litter their butts all over the place, they waste a ridiculous amount of money every year, their need to smoke takes up an inordinate amount of the workday, and they’re a drain on the healthcare system. And yet, few of them realize it until they quit. So Carrie realizing that she didn’t want to stink up her beautiful clothes with her one daily cigarette is on the nose (heh) to me.

Carrie wasn't so much bothered that her clothes smelled, it was because the smell that was left on her clothes and hair made her want to smoke more than the one daily cigarette she allowed herself.

Edited by SoTheresThat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, T Summer said:

Though I'm not far, I never want to discover these other level desserts they have in NYC. I have enough trouble staying away from sweets already!

Wait until you try Serendipity's Frrrrrozen Hot Chocolate!

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CeeBeeGee said:

Wait until you try Serendipity's Frrrrrozen Hot Chocolate!

I think I first heard of that on Oprah's favorite things show? maybe late 90's or early 2000's. Still haven't had one though.

• Love 1

I was expecting the Steve breakup to hurt but man that was tough to watch. Poor Steve. Still, I feel like this is where their relationship would have headed eventually. As much as I enjoyed them on the original show, Steve was right. Miranda never truly appreciated him and there was always the feeling that she had settled. It's no surprise that she would become restless and yearn for more. Of course she didn't have to be an asshole about it but I feel that her reckoning is coming. That "I'm not traditional" quote is going to bite her in the ass. 

I enjoyed Carrie's moments with Lily and her neighbor at the end. And I love that Charlotte still blows Harry. When she got on one knee to propose, I figured she would give him a little something something anyway 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ChattyCathyLA said:

Forgot to mention in my previous comment — does anyone wonder where this would be if Miranda had, instead of Steve, ended up with hot NY Nicks sports doctor Robert?  Would she still be so bored and miserable with a celebrity orthopedic doctor (as he was no doubt destined to become)?

Yes.  I doubt they would have made it to 2021 as a married couple. 

I think Miranda thought he was hot and of the right background for her.  (Educated and ambitious).  But she chose Steve because, at the end of the day, he met her needs as a partner more in terms of understanding her. 

And, even though they want us to forget, she also had amazing sex with Steve in the beginning.

The irony is, she'd likely long for what she has with Steve if she were in a relationship that was more social because I think that's more of who she was at the end of SATC. 

I don't know what current Miranda really wants so it's hard for me to pick her ideal partner.

6 hours ago, T Summer said:

as for the last point...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs_aOfOOuO400GPxWK8nbimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7fp7XTrGsYp9NEOhTvy6 lo

Blair Underwood is gorgeous but I actually think I'd rather look at David Eigenberg's face.  It's more interesting. 

In fact, the funniest thing I find about this whole thing is that I think Eigenberg has aged quite well and has turned into a bit of a silver fox stud.  He's the most fuckable of the three spouses who made it out of the show and movies, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Blair Underwood is gorgeous but I actually think I'd rather look at David Eigenberg's face.  It's more interesting. 

In fact, the funniest thing I find about this whole thing is that I think Eigenberg has aged quite well and has turned into a bit of a silver fox stud.  He's the most fuckable of the three spouses who made it out of the show and movies, IMO.

Co-sign. As someone said on Twitter, David Eigenberg has aged like fine wine. Is he as conventionally handsome as Blair Underwood? Well...mileage. But I find him very easy on the eyes.

Which makes Miranda even more of an idiot, in my opinion!

• Like 1
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Well I know Saint Smith didn't make it out  the movies, but are you saying you find Steve more attractive  than Big?

Also: I haven't seen David Eisenberg in years. They have him looking bad in this.

5 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Well I know Saint Smith didn't make it out  the movies, but are you saying you find Steve more attractive  than Big?

Also: I haven't seen David Eisenberg in years. They have him looking bad in this.

David Eigenberg has been on Chicago Fire since 2012, when it started. I think it's why this show irritates me, since his character does just fine on that, even having a position of leadership.

I still think Steve acting 90 is by design for Che, and the hearing aid issue gave these hacks the idea to try and make Steve look like an ancient loser...

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, T Summer said:

These days?  Yes. Granted, this is from a few years ago and Noth is older than Eisenberg but well yeah. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHztYZh4rrhcJnkpt1kIo

Now if Miranda is truly questioning her sexuality and is moving away from men the way Nixon has, then no amount of good looking is going to change her mind. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 1
  • Love 9

I  saw David Eisenberg in The Perfect Murder in 1998 which Sarita Choudhury (Seema) was also in and The Mothman Prophecy in 2002 and not since.

I just looked at a clip and now I'm wondering why they have him playing Steve like some doddering old fool  and speaking through clenched teeth like that?  

Why would they want to make  someone with a deficit in one sense that's so  easily remedied these days  with hearing aids that are  tiny  appear as though ` he's intellectually impaired?  Terrible!

1 minute ago, Irlandesa said:

These days?  Yes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHztYZh4rrhcJnkpt1kIo

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

In fact, the funniest thing I find about this whole thing is that I think Eigenberg has aged quite well and has turned into a bit of a silver fox stud.  

I always thought Steve was sweet and cute, but when I saw more recent pics of him I thought, he could get it! Seriously, he's looking really hunky these days. 

David-Eigenberg-Photo.jpg

dbd6da633b9975fdae3c48159cdc1d34.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 14
31 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

David Eigenberg has been on Chicago Fire since 2012, when it started. I think it's why this show irritates me, since his character does just fine on that, even having a position of leadership.

I still think Steve acting 90 is by design for Che, and the hearing aid issue gave these hacks the idea to try and make Steve look like an ancient loser...

These dumbass writers  forgot  a box  on their woke check list:

don't confuse    hearing  loss with decreased  intelligence

• Love 14
8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I also hope there's no second season - especially if these same tone deaf folks will be writing this again.

I honestly don't know whether to root for a second season or not? Being extremely generous given how much I hated getting the season rolling with sad distraught Carrie AGAIN, the shows have been getting better... I'd say once we got past ep 5. So would they find their stride by the end of this season and come back stronger in successive seasons?

I ran across a video of Candace Bushnell being questioned about AJLT earlier. The interviewer was kind of soft peddling it, but he was asking why the characters are not necessarily acting as we would  expect them to having gotten to know them over the years. She said it's a mistake to think of it as a reboot... I know, they're calling it a reboot, she said. it's not a reboot. It's actually a spinoff and they can do what they want with the characters.

She also added SATC  is one of HBO's most valuable  properties and they're gonna keep using it to make money.

She said something else I can't recall how she phrased it, that indicated MPK has it on lock and we [the audience] will never be rid of him.

1 hour ago, T Summer said:

These dumbass writers  forgot  a box  on their woke check list:

don't confuse    hearing  loss with decreased  intelligence

This almost the worst part of it all.  The writers have gotten criticism for how they're portraying his hearing loss.  Their response is "oh this is David Eigenberg's idea.  He told us he wore hearing aids now."

I highly doubt he followed that up with "so write me as oblivious." They are not synonymous.  They're acting like people are mad he has a hearing aid.  No.  It's everything else about how they've chosen to portray that hearing loss that is the issue. That's on them.  Not the actor.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

BTW, it's Eigenberg, not Eisenberg. (I know! I'm THAT person. LOL! Sorry! 😋) Either way, David seems to be doing the best he can with the utter shit he is given.)

I knew I should have defaulted to DE. ;)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2