Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered

• Start Topic

After coming clean to Che, Miranda considers a life-altering decision. Carrie tries to learn more about her mysterious neighbour.

Original Air Date: 20 Jan 2022

Edited by Aulty
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

It’s coming, finally! 😂😂😂

BFD338E8-8B20-4744-BDDA-9D1ABA95A48A.jpeg

Is Carrie under a disguise or something?! Also, why are her straps not in the buckle? Is that a high fashion thing?

The eccentric fashion kind of reminds me of the sex scenes. On Sex & the City, Carrie owned all the kooky get-ups. You didn't get secondhand embarrassment watching the sex scenes. On And Just Like That, it's a lot of wtf?! and cringey at best regarding both. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
On 1/13/2022 at 9:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Walking in on your parents in a sexual position can’t be fun but I am sure Lily is fine. I do believe Charlotte still blows Harry- I think they still have a fire. 

I would have needed therapy for that visual, but I do agree with you about Charlotte. I don't know why Carrie and Miranda were surprised. Charlotte loves Harry, and even if she didn't have as big a drive as some of the others, she was always sexual too. 

tumblr_n2ijt8aS2S1tvlpwyo1_500.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Is Carrie under a disguise or something?! Also, why are her straps not in the buckle? Is that a high fashion thing?

I think she is. It seems like she’s standing there to catch a glimpse of her neighbour or something, we’ll see.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I would have needed therapy for that visual, but I do agree with you about Charlotte. I don't know why Carrie and Miranda were surprised. Charlotte loves Harry, and even if she didn't have as big a drive as some of the others, she was always sexual too. 

tumblr_n2ijt8aS2S1tvlpwyo1_500.gif

Plus, surely Carrie and Miranda are just joking. Of course women in long term relationships still blow their guys. Or maybe Big never got blow jobs anymore. 

We know Steve doesn't. Not from Miranda anyway 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Plus, surely Carrie and Miranda are just joking. Of course women in long term relationships still blow their guys. Or maybe Big never got blow jobs anymore. 

We know Steve doesn't. Not from Miranda anyway 

With these women, I honestly can't tell.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

When the paps got that picture fashion bloggers insisted it was the producers staging fake scenes to drum up media attention and that Carrie would never ... 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

We just wanted to use everyone's fond feelings for it to make some money, consistency and respect for characterization and past storylines be damned.

That is it in a nutshell.   I honestly wish he would just say that.  As much as I don't like Lena Dunham or her show Girls she had stories she wanted to tell and she created a show and told those stories.    That is what MPk and these writers should have done.  I'm surprised HBO was ok with all this.  They had no notes or suggestions?  They let David Chase do whatever he wanted with the Sopranos but MPK is no David Chase. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ifionlyknew said:
9 hours ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

We just wanted to use everyone's fond feelings for it to make some money, consistency and respect for characterization and past storylines be damned.

That is it in a nutshell.   I honestly wish he would just say that. 

I thought in that interview he recently did, MPK specifically said they weren't doing it just for the money.  Not that I believe that just because he said it, but even someone doing this just for the money would try to make it a success with the audience otherwise they'd risk losing money if it doesn't go over well with the public.  The way it turned out makes me feel as if he wanted it to fail or just didn't care one way or the other.

Edited by Yeah No
grammar, ugh.
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I thought in that interview he recently did, MPK specifically said they weren't doing it just for the money.  Not that I believe that just because he said it, but even someone doing this just for the money would try to make it a success with the audience otherwise they'd risk losing money if it doesn't go over well with the public.  The way it turned out makes me feel as if he wanted it to fail or just didn't care one way or the other.

This show is costing HBO a lot of money.  And I'm not seeing a lot of product placement so I don't know if they are making a lot from that.   MPK strikes me as someone who everything he does is ego based.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

What happened in that second abomination of a movie proved that he just doesn't care. From that ridiculous OTT wedding to the OTT luxury dream trip with all-expenses-paid jaunt to Morocco (doubling as Abu Dhabi), he's in it for the grift and the goodies.

• Love 11
On 1/13/2022 at 9:01 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Walking in on your parents in a sexual position can’t be fun but I am sure Lily is fine. I do believe Charlotte still blows Harry- I think they still have a fire. 

There was a whole episode in one of the earlier seasons where it is mentioned that Charlotte doesn't "do that". She considered the guy marriage material but they broke up because she wouldn't give him oral.

Then again, when she was married to Trey she mentioned that they enjoyed rimming each other, so maybe she got more casual about where she would put her mouth *shrug*

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Tattooeddancer said:

There was a whole episode in one of the earlier seasons where it is mentioned that Charlotte doesn't "do that". She considered the guy marriage material but they broke up because she wouldn't give him oral.

Then again, when she was married to Trey she mentioned that they enjoyed rimming each other, so maybe she got more casual about where she would put her mouth *shrug*

Yeah, I remember that. But Harry is her husband (as was Trey at the time)- Charlotte (like a lot of people) would be more sexually open with a committed life partner than someone she was just dating. Also she said when she first got with Harry the sex was the very best she ever had- I think they have always had an intense fire between them. 

• Love 14
46 minutes ago, Tattooeddancer said:

Yeah she said she wasn't good at it and tried practicing with a banana. She also said she didn't expect to get oral either. 

Maybe Charlotte was just a late bloomer. Even if she had been dating since she was 16, perhaps she didn't start messing around until she was older. She was supposed to be the naive, innocent one out of the bunch. 

• Love 3

I thought in the original series Charlotte finally said she didn’t give blow jobs because she just didn’t enjoy it — which I thought was kind of nice, that she pushed back on being pressured by her date and her friends.     But who knows, she might’ve changed her mind or enjoyed it more with Harry.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I thought in the original series Charlotte finally said she didn’t give blow jobs because she just didn’t enjoy it — which I thought was kind of nice, that she pushed back on being pressured by her date and her friends.     But who knows, she might’ve changed her mind or enjoyed it more with Harry.

Yeah that’s what I was getting at. 

• Love 2

Also Charlotte said "Trey likes to do it", about rimming, not that she reciprocated. No way do I believe Charlotte does that, even with Harry. She didn't want his naked ass on her white furniture, let alone her face. But I imagine she came (ha) around to blow jobs with him. 

Speaking of Trey, Kyle McLachlan was looking very fine walking the Prada runway today. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzCVqlLg6T/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Also Charlotte said "Trey likes to do it", about rimming, not that she reciprocated. No way do I believe Charlotte does that, even with Harry. But I imagine she came (ha) around to blow jobs with him. 

Speaking of Trey, Kyle McLachlan was looking very fine walking the Prada runway today. https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzCVqlLg6T/?utm_medium=copy_link

She said that Trey liked to do it, then when the topic of reciprocating came up, Carrie, Miranda, and Samantha all said they would never do it and Charlotte responded with "You wouldn't?" I just assumed that meant she had, 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tattooeddancer said:

She said that Trey liked to do it, then when the topic of reciprocating came up, Carrie, Miranda, and Samantha all said they would never do it and Charlotte responded with "You wouldn't?" I just assumed that meant she had, 

It was definitely two-way rimming with Charlotte and Trey. As Miranda said, 'Okay, I must be in the slow sexual lane if even Charlotte is open to this.'

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah, I remember that. But Harry is her husband (as was Trey at the time)- Charlotte (like a lot of people) would be more sexually open with a committed life partner than someone she was just dating. Also she said when she first got with Harry the sex was the very best she ever had- I think they have always had an intense fire between them. 

You're not wrong. Plus we all change as we get older. I'm sure we've all done (and enjoyed) things we at one point swore we would never do. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I'm guessing Miranda is now open to it, and that Che’s ass tastes like ambrosia and champagne and strawberries, cuz they're the most desirable person in NYC and beyond, you know. 

Totally. The only thing -- the only thing -- bad about sex with Che is that they're also so funny. Even if Che manages to subdue that effortless hilarity for the purposes of sex, Miranda might find herself cracking up just at the memory of something said during the Netflix comedy special, which has had more views than Don't Look Up and Cobra Kai combined.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Maybe I'm just remembering edited versions of the show? My mind explodes at the idea of Charlotte eating ass. 

I'm guessing Miranda is now open to it, and that Che’s ass tastes like ambrosia and champagne and strawberries, cuz they're the most desirable person in NYC and beyond, you know. 

Where is the vomit emoji when we need one?!

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
On 1/16/2022 at 6:28 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

This makes her look like a stereotypical Eastern European grandmother who makes amazing pierogies.  Except that grandmother would have more practical shoes.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PRgal said:

This makes her look like a stereotypical Eastern European grandmother who makes amazing pierogies.  Except that grandmother would have more practical shoes.

Practical shoes to throw at you if you're standing to far away for a good smack around the ear 😅

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, PRgal said:

Even the Eastern European grandmother is more fashionable!  😄

DSCF2244.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
On 1/17/2022 at 5:18 PM, luna1122 said:

Maybe I'm just remembering edited versions of the show? My mind explodes at the idea of Charlotte eating ass. 

I've been watching nothing but the edited reruns on E for years and recently when I've gone looking for a particular episode number or something I turned up an unedited clip and... wow! I'd forgotten how graphic some of the language was!

<<<< feigns clutching pearls

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Steve. 💔

Miranda is a fucking asshole and she never ever deserved him. 

His reaction when Miranda told him she met someone took me out, he looked like she had punched him in the gut.  I guess there wasn’t much of a way to soften that, but damn.

• Love 21

Hahaha, the "checking your dad's penis for cancer" line was some quick thinking on Charlotte's part 🤣

As for Che...they was trying to be very clear to Miranda that they is not up to anything "traditional"...meaning Miranda shouldn't expect them to be faithful. I think Miranda got caught up in the moment and didn't realize what she agreed to in that moment. And she won't be okay when Che expects her to accompany them to orgies or threesomes.

I am not clear on how witnessing her neighbor's breakup lead Carrie to have some sort of realization that ultimately resulted in her eating food in that gorgeous dress on her bed. Does this have something to do with being "cool"? Can somebody shed some light on that?

• Love 11

No Miranda you are not in a rom com.

And they showed male frontal nudity.  And for no other reason than they could.

So Miranda told Steve.  And now she is on her way to the airport to go be with Che.  Did she tell Brady? 

While I am on Carrie's side about the neighbor being too loud it definitely had shades of get off my lawn.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bobbyjoe said:

I guess in an episode like this I actually find that both Charlotte and Carrie feel like the characters we once knew,

I agree, I think I felt that more in this episode than any other. The only other episode I've enjoyed close to this one was the Diwali episode, and no surprises, they were both written by the same person.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6

First, this was the first episode I truly enjoyed.  Second, Carrie actually gave good advice to Charlotte in re: Lily.  Third, of course Charlotte still blows Harry.  They've always been the best relationship and deeply in love with one another.  Fourth, Miranda is a true asshole.

Finally, I really just came here to applaud not one, but two dicks!  P.S. - mazel tov Char! 😉

• Love 3

KD seems to be playing Charlotte extra-shrill. She has this almost manic energy about her that's nothing like she was on SATC. It's almost like Charlotte is performing rather than living her life. I wonder if KD has been doing stage work recently?

Miranda is an idiot.

• Love 17