Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: New Stew on the Block

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

Love is on full display as U.S. Navy vet couples renew their vows onboard My Seanna. Eddie gets to the bottom of Rayna's frustrations and is surprised by what he uncovers. Fraser's insecurities are tested as a new face arrives in St. Kitts

Airdate: 01/17/2022

Neither Captain Lee nor Eddie wanted to address the Heather/Rayna issue head on. When the Captain learned about it he dropped it on Eddie's lap. Eddie, though sympathetic to Rayna, used the "I didn't hear it" defense, as if that matters after Rayna told him and Heather apologized,

I don't really blame Eddie. An HR issue like this is above his pay grade. It should have been addressed by the Captain. At the very least the Captain should have sat down with Heather and made it clear how unacceptable her language was.

Captain Lee keeps saying he can't deal with what he doesn't know, but now we know that he knew about it eventually and he dumped the problem on Eddie. Lee's a tough guy, so I'm not sure why he punted on this. Maybe he thought it was too hot to handle.

Edited by bencr
  • Love 18

My tv froze when they were getting the tip.  It unfroze when Heather was waving her cash.  What’d they get?

I felt awful for charter guest Melissa.  Earaches are no joke.  And she missed the vow renewal too.

I am really over Nakey-Jakey. I don’t think he’s charming or sexy. He could be physically attractive without the Snidely Whiplash mustache, but not my type at all.  Even in my younger drunker party days, Jake is the kind of guy I would try to move away from at a club.

Kaylee seems nice.  She’s much prettier than Heather.  

• Love 13

Jake has a roguish charm, like Rhett Butler maybe.  I'm kind of amused that he behaves inappropriately and, frankly, doesn't give a damn how it's perceived.

Edited by bencr
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

My tv froze when they were getting the tip.  It unfroze when Heather was waving her cash.

Mine too! Do you have Spectrum?

Is it just me, or did this episode go out of its way to try to make Rayna look better? She got an awful lot of talking heads, not to mention one where she owned up to realizing Jake was a big mistake, and the convo between Eddie and Lee was completely sympathetic to her.

The issue remains there has never been any context to this. All she keeps saying is that Heather said the "n" word and nobody ever seems to ask when or why or in what context. Why doesn't Eddie or Lee ask Heather about this? She may genuinely not remember saying it, if her earlier reaction is to be trusted. She and Rayna were both drunk and she repeated something Rayna said. That's it. It's infuriating this issue keeps coming up without anyone explaining that, or pointing out that Heather apologized - twice, and that Rayna accepted her apology. Twice.

Moreover that has absolutely nothing to do with Rayna's latest grievance over Eddie telling her off and then getting compliments about working the anchor. She said she was upset because they were playing with her emotions. It had zilch to do with Heather. And Eddie kept trying to get to that issue - which she was literally crying about - and instead Rayna just brings up this Heather thing again! She's just deflecting.

I don't know, I just get the impression someone at Bravo or otherwise involved with the show started getting nervous about this whole thing and the way Rayna was coming off so they went back into the editing room to repurpose her as the good guy and the victim.

Funniest bit was Fraser getting blasted in the face with the bidet. And him commenting "that will take your hymen right out."

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

My tv froze as well (actually the screen momentarily went black with no picture or sound). I have Verizon Fios and it’s been happening every so often - I think its only when I have Bravo on.

My Verizon FiOS did the same.  It's also done it on some other channels for me.

I think if I were Rayna I would be most PO'd about the fact that no one in the chain of command thought this incident warranted a sit down with Heather. Rayna has seen the Captain ream the entire deck crew up and down for relatively minor offenses, but, somehow, this didn't even warrant a fact-finding chat with Heather.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Moreover that has absolutely nothing to do with Rayna's latest grievance over Eddie telling her off and then getting compliments about working the anchor. She said she was upset because they were playing with her emotions. It had zilch to do with Heather. And Eddie kept trying to get to that issue - which she was literally crying about - and instead Rayna just brings up this Heather thing again! She's just deflecting.

100%….anyone who can’t see Rayna milking this issue to deflect from her own disrespectful attitude and terrible work ethic has their head in the sand.  The longer she drags this out, the more sympathy I feel for Heather…who I don’t even like (can’t stand her, Fraser or Jake…but Rayna is one of the worst BD has had). Sandy and Malia cured me of ever wanting to watch BD Met again, Rayna will do the same for BD if she comes back. 

• Love 20

Rayna, you don't want to know what I think of your poor feelings.  Enough of the whining.  Grow up!  One "Oh crap" cancels 10 "Atta-boys".  Frazer too.

Guests were quite demanding but I did feel bad for the woman with the earache.

Doesn't Japanese usually have lots of shellfish?  And I'm allergic to cucumbers and assorted melons

I would think doing some stupid wedding thing would be a fun part of the job.. I get Lee not wanting to be volunteered.  The whole crew should have been told  Day 1, "Don't volunteer me for anything.  Ask me first".  

Rayna makes it sound like Heather attacked her. IIRC, she started it with her stupid little song and Heather just repeated it..  I know someone out there will find the clip.  It was very short.

If Eddie knew the whole story not sure he would be so nice

Heather apologized - twice - and seemed sincere although you can never be sure, and Rayna accepted.  Let it go.

Rayna's not even an entertaining drama queen.

Kaylee seems competent and nice, too.  Frazer seems to have gotten over himself.

How much tip did they get?  I missed it, too, on FIOS. I thought I just wasn't paying attention.

Jake is quite the piece of work.

Isn't the deck crew down a man without a bosun?  Wasn't there always a mostly invisible First Officer on previous seasons?  If so Lee was being a bit harsh.  The work still has to get done.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pop Tart said:

The tip was $25,000. Captain Lee gave everyone $2200, then gave a $100 to Kaylee, as did most (all?) the rest, except Rayna.

We saw several of them peeling off bills to give Kaylee, specifically Captain Lee, Rachel and Eddie.  I think they ALL did it, including Rayna, because in the van she said she liked the tip, but didn't like sharing her money with the new stew (to me that indicates she also donated $100 for Kaylee's combined tip.)

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Well the Reunion should be fantastic!  Bravo has to read the boards and Andy has to ask Heather (since Lee nor Eddie will) about the incident.  I don't like Heather much but I am having sympathy for her now with this crap going on behind her back.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, bencr said:

Captain Lee keeps saying he can't deal with what he doesn't know, but now we know that he knew about it eventually and he dumped the problem on Eddie. Lee's a tough guy, so I'm not sure why he punted on this. Maybe he thought it was too hot to handle.

That was interesting.  Lee is usually a strong leader, but he seemingly didn’t know how to handle this, so he punted, as you put it.  Shows you how sensitive and difficult this issue is.  I’ve also never liked his “I can’t deal with what I don’t know” excuse re: harassment and inappropriate behavior.  It’s your boat!  You’re in charge!  All of this tells me they all need HR training and protocols.  

• Love 11
4 hours ago, PaperTree said:

If Eddie knew the whole story not sure he would be so nice

Absolutely, but it was entertaining to watch him falling all over himself trying to convince Rayna how upset he was over an incident that he didn't fully understand. Rayna OTOH has risen to high goddess in the "Mistress of Manipulation" catagory. 

Kaylee, there is no laundry detergent strong enough to clean those coral butt floss panties you lent Jake. Wave goodbye to them forever as you cast them to the sea.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

100%….anyone who can’t see Rayna milking this issue to deflect from her own disrespectful attitude and terrible work ethic has their head in the sand.  

Maybe. Or maybe Rayna is just reacting to the fact that she is getting her ass handed to her by Eddie and Captain Lee for things like rolling her eyes while Heather is skating away with a much larger offense in Rayna's eyes. So my thinking is that these interactions with Eddie and Captain Lee trigger feelings of resentment in Rayna and she is not milking the issue to compensate for her shortcomings.

At any rate, Rayna needs to get over it, if for no other reason than her own sanity and job security. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the Captain has not handled this situation well.

Edited by bencr
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, bencr said:

I don't really blame Eddie. An HR issue like this is above his pay grade. It should have been addressed by the Captain

I kind of agree with this, except I'd substitute "corporate HR" - they exist somewhere, if not on the boat.  I do think Eddie made an honest - if kind of weak - effort to deal with it.  Rayna's been a bit hard to follow on this issue.

Jake is the skeeviest motherfucker I've run across in awhile on this show.  And 2nd stew seems about six more months of unexamined self away from a complete breakdown. 

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Mine too! Do you have Spectrum?

I do, and I honestly just figured I had zoned out or something.  Something seems odd though that it was across multiple services.

New stew is quite pretty.  

Next week already looks a bit staged.  There's no way on the planet that large of a group sits together for that long and doesn't wonder who's on duty for the guests.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, bencr said:

I think if I were Rayna I would be most PO'd about the fact that no one in the chain of command thought this incident warranted a sit down with Heather. Rayna has seen the Captain ream the entire deck crew up and down for relatively minor offenses, but, somehow, this didn't even warrant a fact-finding chat with Heather.

You are right, as the captain of the boat he would have to deal with HR about things like this, Lee should have had a sit down with Heather if only to find out what happened/her part in Rayna being upset, that said, Rayna will never be happy about anything on that boat, if Lee removes Heather from the boat Rayna will find something else to whine about.

Rayna was legit whining, her voice was on an actual whiny level.  

My cable had a blip when Lee told them how much tip they got, seems I was not alone...read the post that stated $22,000 and I thought it could have been higher if Heather had arranged a doctor appointment for the ear ache guest, both Kate and Hannah would have done that, the woman had an ear infection for crying out loud.

Rachel is amazing, when she is sober she can be funny and caring, for some reason she has been very nurturing toward Rayna and her new passion for the culinary arts.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

That was interesting.  Lee is usually a strong leader, but he seemingly didn’t know how to handle this, so he punted, as you put it.  Shows you how sensitive and difficult this issue is.  I’ve also never liked his “I can’t deal with what I don’t know” excuse re: harassment and inappropriate behavior.  It’s your boat!  You’re in charge!  All of this tells me they all need HR training and protocols.  

I think it is funny how he has no problem kicking a guest off the boat going against orders not to jump off the boat at night and firing crew members for being incompetent but cannot wrap his mind around just sitting down with Heather and asking her what happened.

• Love 13

Rayna is the WORST.  She is bringing the morale and everything else down on the boat.  Does she need meds or something because other than the first episode, have we had a single one where she wasn't crying?   Eddie is her supervisor but he's not her therapist.  Neither is Captain Lee.   I hate the word that was used but let's remember that Rayna said it first (and apparently it was perfectly okay when she said it) and Heather repeated it and now somehow Heather is the bad person.  

I thoroughly dislike Rayna and hope never to see her on my tv again after the reunion.  

Fraser can go with her, since he's just as catty and neurotic as Rayna is angry and critical.  

I don't care to see Jake again either.  I don't understand the fascination there is with him.  

Honestly, this season has been a bust.   I've enjoyed seeing Rachel's food and would love to see more of the St. Kitts scenery but Andy & Co. seem to think we want to see Rayna bitch and moan every week about how she's not forgiven Heather.  I don't care.  

Other than earache Melissa on the first night (who was an absolute pill), these guests were delightful.  So of course next week we'll have to endure guests that are terrors.  

• Love 15
9 hours ago, bencr said:

I think if I were Rayna I would be most PO'd about the fact that no one in the chain of command thought this incident warranted a sit down with Heather.

I think the reason Lee and Eddie aren’t talking to Heather is production.  If Heather gets reprimanded then Rayna needs to be reprimanded as well since she also said it.  Bravo is gross.

Edited by Booger666
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Fraser can go with her, since he's just as catty and neurotic as Rayna is angry and critical.  

Yeah because no one wants to see catty and neurotic on reality TV. LOL

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to Fraser because I quite like him as a cast member.

From a work point of view, he is hard working and seems to care about his job.

Personality-wise, although I disliked how he treated Jess, I find I really am interested in his take on things, and I find him much more articulate and insightful than anyone else in the cast. I generally don't mind his cattiness which I think is entertaining and partly schtick anyway.

Finally, I like his self-awareness and his ability to reflect on his own behavior and learn.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

We saw several of them peeling off bills to give Kaylee, specifically Captain Lee, Rachel and Eddie.  I think they ALL did it, including Rayna, because in the van she said she liked the tip, but didn't like sharing her money with the new stew (to me that indicates she also donated $100 for Kaylee's combined tip.)

No, in the van she said she likes Kaylee but she did not give her $100 or she did not give her any of her money or words to that effect.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Onecattoo said:

100%….anyone who can’t see Rayna milking this issue to deflect from her own disrespectful attitude and terrible work ethic has their head in the sand.

Actually, while Rayna does at times display an attitude, her work & work ethic both as a stew and in the galley have been repeatedly praised.

39 minutes ago, bencr said:

Maybe. Or maybe Rayna is just reacting to the fact that she is getting her ass handed to her by Eddie and Captain Lee for things like rolling her eyes while Heather is skating away with a much larger offense in Rayna's eyes. So my thinking is that these interactions with Eddie and Captain Lee trigger feelings of resentment in Rayna and she is not milking the issue to compensate for her shortcomings.

After her last conversation with Eddie, I also believe this.  While I don't think he intentionally dismissed Heather's comments, it came across that way to Rayna and she was hurt every time she was reprimanded for seemingly lessor offenses. 

I get that it's been exhausting for us viewers but seeing her interactions with her coworkers it's apparent to me that they like & respect her. 

IMHO, Captain Lee completely dropped the ball. He wanted to know the issue, Eddie told him and he still completely ducked responsibility, throwing it back at Eddie to handle.  If Captain Lee can use the tip meeting to tell everyone to get "their heads out their asses" he can make mention that racial/bigoted language is not allowed.

Now, talk about exhausting, what is up with Jake? 

• Love 11

I think if I were Rayna I would be most PO'd about the fact that no one in the chain of command thought this incident warranted a sit down with Heather. 

I think if I were Heather I would be PO'd about the fact that no one came to me and asked me my side of the story, and that Rayna is still raising this issue every time Eddie asks her what's wrong, even though I apologized twice and Rayna said we were good.

Rayna has clearly been upset about multiple things during the course of this season, not the least of which has been Jake, but whenever someone asks if she's OK or tries to nail her down about her attitude, she always defers to this Heather thing. Even when it has nothing to do with that. She has lost the right to complain about it. It's nothing more than deflection now.

There is a huge difference between calling someone a bad word, or even using that word in a conversation, and repeating something someone just said. You don't get to run around crying about someone using a word when you're the one who said it in the first place and they just repeated it. That's bad judgment, sure, but it's not racism. 

Rayna just wants to be coddled and deferred to. And when she doesn't get her way or gets called out on something she brings up this Heather thing like it's her Get Out Of Jail Free card. I can't tell if she genuinely doesn't understand what's going on in her own head, or if she just doesn't want to talk about what's really bothering her. And I don't really care. I just don't want Andy Cohen berating anyone for treating her badly like she's been a victim. She hasn't.

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to Fraser because I quite like him as a cast member.

I think he kind of redeemed himself a little this week, owning up to his insecurities and apologizing to Heather. Also I got a kick out of the segment with this euphemisms for lady parts.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

.read the post that stated $22,000 and I thought it could have been higher if Heather had arranged a doctor appointment for the ear ache guest, both Kate and Hannah would have done that, the woman had an ear infection for crying out loud.

I kept saying this to myself...why isn't someone calling a doctor??  I thought when they told Captain Lee at dinner about it, surely HE would have suggested a doctor but he didn't.  I was really taken aback by this.  Agree Kate would have certainly gotten a doctor out there.

• Love 7

I know a lot of people didn't get to hear about the tip- it was $25,000 total or around $2275 each. Captain Lee started a pot for Kaylee by putting in $100 and said anyone else who wanted to could add to it.  I think that's a fairer way of doing it rather than including her in the split, since she was only there for one day.

I know the staff was hoping for a really big tip, especially Rachel, who killed it with the Japanese tasting menu.  She is an amazing talent and I'm so glad she's on point this year!

Maybe I'm a skeptical person, but I wondered if the guest with the earache was just faking it because she was in a bad mood from the night before (dinner fiasco).  No, I'm not accusing, just saying it passed through my mind a few times...

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, nr65000 said:

I kept saying this to myself...why isn't someone calling a doctor??  I thought when they told Captain Lee at dinner about it, surely HE would have suggested a doctor but he didn't.  I was really taken aback by this.  Agree Kate would have certainly gotten a doctor out there.

We don't know that they didn't ask her if she wanted a doctor or if there was even a doctor visit. Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean that it didn't happen.

Anyway, just me or does anyone else think that Kaylee resembles Hannah a little bit? 

Has the reunion been filmed yet? I can see Rayna not showing up for it. 

Edited by tvfanatic13
Reunion question
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think if I were Heather I would be PO'd about the fact that no one came to me and asked me my side of the story, and that Rayna is still raising this issue every time Eddie asks her what's wrong, even though I apologized twice and Rayna said we were good.

This.  The cheese may stand alone but since the incident occurred while the crew was off duty and out, I don't think Eddie and/or Captain Lee should have gotten involved from go.  Rayna should have said something to Heather, which she did, and for which Heather apologized.  That should have been the end of it.  

I hope this is addressed at the reunion, as well as the fact that Rayna said the word first and Heather was repeating what Rayna said.  I am not a fan of Heather's but I'm on her side in this particular case.  

• Love 15

Corporate HR doesn't get involved with independent contractors, which most if not all reality TV personalities are. HR only has oversight on W-2 employees. That's one reason we see such egregious behavior in the Bravo "workplace."

I think a lot of people are confused about using certain words if they are included as song lyrics. I didn't see the incident but my understanding is Rayna sang the offensive words first and Heather repeated it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

hope this is addressed at the reunion, as well as the fact that Rayna said the word first and Heather was repeating what Rayna said.  I am not a fan of Heather's but I'm on her side in this particular case. 

I will be so pissed if Andy glosses over the context when and how Heather said it and totally ignores that all she did was REPEAT WHAT RAYNA SAID! If anyone is to be reprimanded for saying it, both of them need to be or the hypocrisy is simply unbearable.  Then they need to address that every time Rayna pulls this out to complain about it, she never acknowledges her part in it…and how this only seemed to be an issue when she was on the carpet for her own failings.  

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:
52 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

hope this is addressed at the reunion, as well as the fact that Rayna said the word first and Heather was repeating what Rayna said.  I am not a fan of Heather's but I'm on her side in this particular case. 

I will be so pissed if Andy glosses over the context when and how Heather said it and totally ignores that all she did was REPEAT WHAT RAYNA SAID! If anyone is to be reprimanded for saying it, both of them need to be or the hypocrisy is simply unbearable.  Then they need to address that every time Rayna pulls this out to complain about it, she never acknowledges her part in it…and how this only seemed to be an issue when she was on the carpet for her own failings.  

This is a good point.  First, no one called Rayna a bad word.  They were DRUNK.  And Rayna has gotten two apologizes from Heather.  But you are right, they both said it, so why is it ok for one but not the other?  And it was while they were off and not working so how is that Eddie's or Captain Lee's issue?  They only time she pulls it out is to deflect work criticism.  Never did she go to Eddie with her concern and ask for a meeting with Captain Lee and Heather to work it out.  I don't believe for a second she was traumatized by it.  And yeah this is pretty shitty for Heather with all this going on and she has NO clue.  

It will be interesting to see how it is handled at the reunion since it is such a sensitive subject.

I think he kind of redeemed himself a little this week, owning up to his insecurities and apologizing to Heather. Also I got a kick out of the segment with this euphemisms for lady parts.

I too like Fraser but was disappointed when he started that BS about a new stew coming on board.  He redeemed himself when he owned up to it with both Heather and Kayle and apologized.  Rayna could take a lesson from Fraser on that.  The euphemisms were hysterical.  

• Love 10

"Kayleigh, this is Captain Lee. Captain Lee, this is Kayleigh."

I guess all the old protocols for how one does introductions when one person is (clearly) more important/higher rank have gone right out the window. I'm old.

• Love 4

I kept saying this to myself...why isn't someone calling a doctor?? 

I suspect she came aboard with the affliction. That would explain her sourpuss attitude about dinner the previous night. She probably thought she could get away with managing it with Tylenol and then it just wound up being worse than she expected. She probably already had an appointment lined up and there wasn't anything else she could do until then. Otherwise, yeah - someone on the crew would have brought up calling a doctor. Unless she already knew what it was and that it wouldn't do any good.

• Love 5

she said it was from "water in her ear." I thought that was treatable with OTC stuff-- and that it doesn't typically need an antibiotic. If so they should have sent someone on a drug store run. I got that a lot when I was a kid who spent a lot of time in pools in the summer.

• Love 2

In my view the main conflict is not Rayna versus Heather but Rayna versus the chain of command and especially Captain Lee.

With regard to Heather, Heather said what she said. It was ill advised on Heather's part but not that egregious given the context and given the fact that Rayna had also used the same word. Rayna took offense, which is her right. Heather apologized twice - sincerely I think -- and Rayna said she accepted the apology, but didn't really -- which, again, is her right. That's all Heather can do. As to why Rayna didn't accept, there is a difference of opinion, with some feeling Rayna used her so-called anger to deflect criticism, while others, like me, thinking she was genuinely still pissed.

But here's the problem as I see it. Rayna took the problem to her boss's boss (Eddie) and he commiserated but didn't really do anything. He didn't even tell the Captain. This left Rayna feeling unsupported and angry. I think her feelings were valid. Finally, Rayna pouted and sulked enough so that the Captain found out about it, but he also chose to do nothing. So neither Eddie nor the Captain thought the issue was important enough to even investigate it. Thus, Rayna's eye rolling was worthy of criticism from the chain of command, but not her feelings about what Heather said (and remember the Captain at this point didn't even know the context of what Heather said).

If the Captain had just had the balls to call Heather in to discuss, he could have quelled at least part of the problem. He could have heard the context from Heather, heard her side, and told Heather what he told Eddie -- that word is not acceptable for his crew. For that matter, he could have said the same thing to Rayna about her use of the word. But the Captain was chickenshit and so we are left with no attempt at resolution from the Captain, and Rayna feeling unsupported and picked on.

If the Captain had talked to Heather that would have been more fair to both Heather and Rayna, and at least Rayna would have known the Captain took her concerns seriously.

Edited by bencr
  • Love 10

I think I can finally put my finger on what bothers me about Heather. After everything she announces to the guests, there is an unspoken Ta Da!

She reminds me of a former co-worker who drove me crazy. She would tell endless stories of her cleverness.  There were two children both wanting to use the same crayon. Chaos!  But Tina stood up, broke that damned crayon in half, and world peace was created.  The way she paused after telling the story, looking around the room expecting our mouths to be hanging open in awe. Wow. I just could not stand her overly self-impressed smugness.  You were utterly mediocre Tina. 

• LOL 10

Rayna brought it up whenever she was (rightly) criticized for poor work performance or attitude.  Rather than admitting her faults, she blamed her poor performance on Heather.  The more sympathy she received, the more she fell back on this excuse.  A self perpetuating problem.

• Love 14

I'll have to cut Captain Lee and Eddie some slack here because neither of them has the full story, so it's unfair to judge them on whether they should or shouldn't have acted in a certain manner regarding Rayna and Heather. As some have mentioned, it was something that occured in a restaurant after a lot of drinking and not on the ship. I do however have some thoughts on the incident. Although I'm not really crazy about Heather, I've never had the impression that she's racist at all. From what I have learned over the years, if you are white and growing up in Hawaii, then you are the minority. Rayna OTOH is deliberately putting Heather in a bad light to help herself appear to be a victim. It's not a very nice thing to do to a coworker who has sincerely apologized twice for repeating the line to that song. Yes it's a vile and derogatory word, but if it's so offensive to Rayna, then she shouldn't use it either. Rayna actually seems more racist to me.

• Love 16

As to why Rayna didn't accept, there is a difference of opinion, with some feeling Rayna used her so-called anger to deflect criticism, while others, like me, thinking she was genuinely still pissed.

She's pissed about a lot of things though. Specifically, her latest bout with tears was over being told she did a good job with the anchor. She immediately ran crying to Wes saying they (Lee and Eddie) were playing with her emotions, criticizing her one minute then praising her the next. That had absolutely nothing to do with Heather using the "n" word. Nada. Zippo. Zilch. And Eddie kept trying to get to the bottom of why she was crying and she didn't want to talk, didn't want to talk, didn't want to talk, and when finally forced to, brought up the Heather thing as an excuse rather than repeat what she told Wes about them playing with her emotions. That's deflection, plain and simple. Which is why I feel she has lost her right to complain about the Heather thing. 

If I'm being generous, I'd say she keeps bringing up this issue because she doesn't feel like Eddie will take her feelings seriously based on previous experience. And I don't want to think she keeps playing this card over and over again because she thinks it'll shut down further discussion because it's a race thing. I just don't know that she's earned any generosity towards her behavior.

• Love 12

Maybe you wanted them… Maybe you didn’t… Maybe you couldn’t care less… but nonetheless… here are my Episode Thoughts…

Rayna quote: “I feel like I’m alone.”  Yeah, you are.  Because you comport yourself in a way no one wants to be around you.  You take no responsibility for your actions, blame others for our own problems, and wonder why people dislike you.  Welcome to Earth.  Eddie actually makes an effort to talk to her about her feelings, and after an effort to sympathise he says “Do you want to talk about it?”  And from Rayna?  Nothing.  Which is exactly how much attention we should pay to her.

Sourpuss now needs bedside service? 

Guest expects to take Rachel by surprise, addressing her in Japanese.  Rachel responds in perfect Japanese.  I LOVE RACHEL!  She has completely surpassed all my expectations this season in comparison to previous appearances.  I mean, I always knew she was a brilliant chef, but the fact that she’s kept it together this season with no major meltdowns is extraordinary.  She’s one of the few people on the programme that I’d consider hiring.

Is Wes the only sane deck hand?  He keeps his head down, does his job, doesn’t get drunk naked, etc.

Fraser is such a weasel.  His anxiety and pettiness as the new stew is transported on site would be amusing if it weren’t so pathetic.  We know who and what you are, Fraser.  We know.

Hey, Captain Lee – couples wanting to renew their vows on a luxury yacht during what is quite possibly the holiday of their lifetime and you’re pissy about it?  Yeah, maybe you SHOULD have joined the Navy.

Rayna couldn’t even stop chewing long enough to welcome the New Stew.  Class much?

Fraser wanting to keep Kaylee “in the laundry and cabins” is not surprising.  He’s threatened.  And rightly so.

How many more time are we going to have to hear about Rayna and her “feelings” and apologizing for it?  For goodness sake, this has been done to death.  The racist card has been played so many times it’s lost all meaning and effectiveness.  We get it, Bravo.  Racism is bad.  Even when there isn’t any.  Eddie: “Can you trust me?”  Rayna:  “We shall see.”  Yeah, we’ll see until we have to see it all over again.  For the remainder of this episode, I have the over/under on Rayna complaining at 3.

“Jake wants to blow something!”  No comment.

Sourpuss tries to ruin things for everyone, but thankfully, they’re not buying.

The vow renewal ceremony was very nice – good job, Captain Lee.

…And we’re back to the Rayna Whine Show…  1

Well the guests are away and now we’re off to the crew night out.  And is Jake wearing a woman’s thong?

Fraser stepping up and admitting he was petty and insecure?  Whoa, wait.  Let’s see what happens in the next episode – methinks he doth weaseleth too little…

And we end the episode with a bidet – a kind of toilet that doesn’t flush.  Which, when you think about it, is much like this season, actually.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I suspect she came aboard with the affliction. That would explain her sourpuss attitude about dinner the previous night. She probably thought she could get away with managing it with Tylenol and then it just wound up being worse than she expected. She probably already had an appointment lined up and there wasn't anything else she could do until then. Otherwise, yeah - someone on the crew would have brought up calling a doctor. Unless she already knew what it was and that it wouldn't do any good.

My armchair nursing degree suspects she had a tooth issue., thus resulting in an earache and jaw pain.

An infection in a molar and probably needed a root canal.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Sourpuss now needs bedside service? 

who on earth wants to eat pancakes lying on your side in bed???? I'd want to drag myself to the desk, at least.

7 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

The vow renewal ceremony was very nice – good job, Captain Lee.

I thought it was kind of odd that the Captain did all the speaking, and those deeply in love men just said "I do." Who wrote the words, anyway? If it was the guests, I'll give them a pass, I guess. It still seemed like the participants should have had a bit more "to do" than just "I do."

• Love 2