Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E11: Burning With Rage Forever

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, dttruman said:

I can agree with these comments, but what I don't think or don't understand is how a kid of 8 years old decides if he is gay, straight, or bi. Maybe in another 6-8 years.

Most 8-year-olds love deciding things about who they are, it gives them a sense of control of their own identities. I actually liked that Olivia didn't press him about it or ask questions -- he could say something quite different next week, so it's usually better just to listen and not inquire so much that the kid feels like they have to stick to it even if they start to wonder if they're something else. Seemed pretty normal to me, other than the PSA dialogue about "his truth," but then again a lot of little kids parrot things they hear that sound nice. People love to talk about "their truth" on social media, he has certainly seen that. 

2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I wouldn’t be shocked if the writers brought him back as a perp since they love Benson/Noah drama. It made me laugh that the bully’s name was Hudson, since we all know about the cesspool that is Hudson University and all the cases SVU have dealt with there. I wonder if that was an inside joke on the writers part. 

Oh yeah, there's no way they named that kid Hudson for just a one-off. The crimes on this show that don't take place at Hudson University quite frequently take place in the middle of the Hudson River, address-wise.

I liked the main story in this episode, outside of Olivia talking down Carlos. I did want someone to ask the vigilantes why they have different rules for different child molesters. I doubt they'd all of a sudden feel mercy for the main child molester if they found out he'd been a victim as a child, which he probably was.

• Love 6

I’m glad someone pointed out that the Maya girlfriend is Pilar from the Johnny D storyline. When I first saw the actress, I thought they were going to recycle the Johnny D connection somehow but with trafficking kids instead.

For the low bar of SVU stories, this is one of their more solid ones. I’m surprised the kid was found early in the episode. I thought the entire episode would have been a manhunt for the pedo.

• Love 4

Put me on the side of the posters that dislike having Noah in the story line, even if it's minor.  But that is the advantage of using the DVR to record the show, which allows me to fast forward through scenes I dislike.

• Love 4

Hudson is at least 13 and Noah is 8. He was abusing Olivia’s child with sexual overtones thrown in.  A collar and a whip? Then Noah comes out at age 8?  Olivia mishandled everything. Why is she being praised for it?  Hudson is an abusive bully who could have traumatized Noah.  Yet we are supposed to believe a small child is that mature about it.  I’m OK with hints about his awakening knowledge of who he is but he’s so young. How does he know what he is yet?  The final scene was forced and fake and left me with a bad feeling about this show.. Ignore bullying if the victim can shrug it off.  If nothing else, they should have rained the wrath of the moms down on that monster kid.  In real life Noah would have been terrified or embarrassed.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Attatude said:

Hudson is at least 13 and Noah is 8. He was abusing Olivia’s child with sexual overtones thrown in.  A collar and a whip? Then Noah comes out at age 8?  Olivia mishandled everything. Why is she being praised for it?  Hudson is an abusive bully who could have traumatized Noah.  Yet we are supposed to believe a small child is that mature about it.  I’m OK with hints about his awakening knowledge of who he is but he’s so young. How does he know what he is yet?  The final scene was forced and fake and left me with a bad feeling about this show.. Ignore bullying if the victim can shrug it off.  If nothing else, they should have rained the wrath of the moms down on that monster kid.  In real life Noah would have been terrified or embarrassed.

Do you or anyone else think that there will be some kind of follow up to this subplot? As a few have mentioned before, this a clear case of bullying and the writers and producers failed to address that issue, they just wanted to push another social issue that is controversial with young kids

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, dttruman said:

Do you or anyone else think that there will be some kind of follow up to this subplot? As a few have mentioned before, this a clear case of bullying and the writers and producers didn't failed to address that issue, they just wanted to push another social issue that is controversial with young kids

I'm thinking there might be--like a kid in Noah's class goes missing, and there was evidence of him or her being bullied, so suspicion falls on Hudson? That would give Olivia lots of time to shine, thinking "What if it had been Noah? Why didn't I take more steps to look into the bullying?" Without a Trace had a really good episode on bullying (I miss that show)--maybe more than one, but there's one I'm thinking of in particular.

I suppose it could have just been an excuse to show Noah, like when he was leaving the Christmas Eve service with Olivia in the previous episode. But that also made sense as part of the plot, because that's where Olivia was when she learned of the hate crimes. This ep, it just felt like randomly having her and Noah at the start and end. It would be different if he'd been playing video games online with the other kids, and she was worried about him falling prey to another pedophile--then at least, it would have tied into the story.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, dttruman said:

Do you or anyone else think that there will be some kind of follow up to this subplot? As a few have mentioned before, this a clear case of bullying and the writers and producers didn't failed to address that issue, they just wanted to push another social issue that is controversial with young kids

If it involves Noah again, I hope not!

• Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 1:03 AM, dttruman said:

Do you or anyone else think that there will be some kind of follow up to this subplot? As a few have mentioned before, this a clear case of bullying and the writers and producers failed to address that issue, they just wanted to push another social issue that is controversial with young kids

If I was writing the script, yes, there would be follow up.  I would have addressed it right away and not gotten sidetracked with sexual identity in an 8 year old.   With the writers they have, I’m not sure.  They carried out the Brooke Shields storyline far longer than they should have to keep Noah on the show regularly. I like Noah and the actor who plays him, but in real life, Olivia would be one of those irritating mothers whose child is more important than anyone else’s child and who the other moms hate to be around.  She’s raising a future entitled teenager who will be terrible about the time he hits puberty. 

Edited by Attatude
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, CrystalBlue said:

It would obviously have to involve him again considering he knows Hudson and is one of his "victims", so it makes no sense to continue it without one of the prime people involved in his shenanagans. 

3 hours ago, TotalDrama said:
On 1/18/2022 at 3:52 PM, CrystalBlue said:

It would obviously have to involve him again considering he knows Hudson and is one of his "victims", so it makes no sense to continue it without one of the prime people involved in his shenanagans. 

According to you, tonight's episode will involve Noah. If there is an investigation that involves Noah, then Benson (according to protocol) should not be investigating this at all, but we know she will.

But there is some good news, according to tonight's episode, "a popular fighter doesn't show up for the biggest bout of the year, Rollins and Velasco are drawn into a complicated web of secrets; McGrath confides in Benson". So Benson will be involved in tonight's investigation and will also be dealing with McGrath and his problem. So if they still throw in a subplot continuation with Noah and Hudson, then everything will be watered down to almost nothing. So I am thinking, No Noah tonight.

(edited)
On 1/14/2022 at 4:44 PM, dttruman said:

I believe they are only going to give those reoccurring roles to the Big Name guest stars who they know will draw in more viewers. Having a lesser known actor coming in as a reoccurring character just doesn't make sense, when only a couple of people (one like yourself) think that actor is amazing or something.

Yes it did last about 5 minutes, so I guess they must not of thought it was enough for Benson, so they let her take charge instead of letting the negotiator talk Carlos down when he was suicidal with a weapon. I thought for sure she was going to surrender her weapon again for the umpteenth time.

I thought the both Benson and Noah were OOC when they had there conversations. Benson was too reasonable and not her very concerned self, while Noah was to easygoing when Benson asked him about what happened. later on at the end he got mad at Benson for breaking her promise not to talk about it, when in fact, Benson never promised that in the first place. Considering that Noah is suppose to be 8 (even though he looks older), he sure knew a lot about Gays, Lesbian, and many others. I thought Benson and Noah's situation was suppose to be more about bullying, but they added the woke side into it also.

NM

Edited by Cinnabon
(edited)
On 1/15/2022 at 4:10 PM, dttruman said:

I can agree with these comments, but what I don't think or don't understand is how a kid of 8 years old decides if he is gay, straight, or bi. Maybe in another 6-8 years.

I knew I was straight by kindergarten and had crushes on boys in my classes. I don’t think that’s unusual 🤷‍♀️.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1