Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Between a Brock and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

On 1/14/2022 at 11:56 AM, Carolina Girl said:

Didn't someone suggest "Wich's of Weho" somewhere on a different thread?  

I was about to mention that... yes, all of these are better than "Something About Her". 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Charli thinks La Petite is pronounced Lapeet.

What's wrong with that??  I've been wearing my Versays and Hermeez scarves for years!!

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I used to pronounce Yosemite “Yoze might.”

Actually, me too, because there's a sandwich spread called Vegemite in Australia which is pronounced like that ("Vegie-Might").

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 1/17/2022 at 10:46 PM, bichonblitz said:

That's good to know! It's sure is a different world from when I was a child of the 70's and there was only one kind of pot. Of course it doesn't do me any good since I live in a state where it's still and probably always will be illegal. 😏

Ugh, I'm so sorry. The federal ban and legal issues truly rile me. Don't want to get in trouble for being OT, but I hope that changes for you. It truly is such a beautiful medicine and has come so far. And for the record I was SUPER against it until I was 27. I'm 46 now so also a '70s kid, though not indulging in cannabis then! :) But nothing in the world ever helped my stomach, and I felt like I was never going to lose the 30+ pounds I put on in just a few months in 2000. Till I started smoking and ate a fresh sweet potato and was like omg this is what food should taste like! Yes ice cream also tastes amazing and the munchies are real, but it totally changed my relationship with food, especially because one reason I kept eating such crap was my stomach issues.

To pull it back to the subject! I do get the concept of being fully sober, but it has definitely made me uncomfortable, how the VPR people conflate weed with alcohol. It's definitely a complex issue. But I've known SO many people, especially living in Colorado, who've been alcohol free for YEARS and years with the help of cannabis. And alcohol is so much more damaging, physically and mentally, IMO. So I hope that James manages to remain alcohol-free, not toss it all out the window because he sees it as all or nothing. Especially as he mourns the loss of his fiance <3

But I'm also one of the people with a soft spot for him. It's really amazing he went two years without alcohol, especially in that environment, and in his 20s. Hope he can continue, and I don't see being "California sober" as such a bad thing; I truly don't. In general I try not to judge, but I do hate what I've seen coke do to people, though again, everyone needs to make their personal choices. Just think he'd be just fine sticking with weed and shunning the rest. Complete sobriety just doesn't work for everyone. Not to say other issues shouldn't be addressed, for sure, and I think Raquel definitely made the right choice. I would just like to see more of a continued focus on his anger issues, less on trying to quit weed.

• Like 2
  • Love 4