Type keyword(s) to search

Annie & David: After the 90 Days

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems they needed a local attorney to represent them.  

Their attorney looked super young so not sure how much experience she had.  

The attorney told them to wear blue and they bought those suits but then Amber went with a more casual look in a different color.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I don't get the whole Year of the Tiger thing.  If that were the case, he would have been 10 or 11 when this was filmed and just turning 12 this year.  Aren't the kids supposed to be 14 and 16?

I felt bad for Amber and laid the blame on Jordan for this.  They couldn't even have a blessing at the temple because they had to go all over looking for him.  Why couldn't they have proceeded on and the rest of the family (who were supposed to bring him) go look instead of just standing there and ordering David and Annie to go find him.

Actually, the first time he ran away I would have told him to take his machete and go pound sand.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm glad David and Annie seem to work out as a couple, even if it doesn't make sense to me. I loved seeing how much he was into the culture, that he had learned some Thai, and was really making an effort to integrate and respect her family. I also felt for Annie a lot.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
Space
  • Love 5

I can't imagine what would have happened if sullen, rebellious, possibly violent Jordan had gotten approved to come to the US. The whole idea was forced on him and he wasn't giving in without a fight. He would have wreaked havoc on Annie and David's lives. I do feel bad for Amber, but telling the Consulate people that she "wanted to learn English" really wasn't much of a compelling reason to allow her to come to the United States. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I can't imagine what would have happened if sullen, rebellious, possibly violent Jordan had gotten approved to come to the US. The whole idea was forced on him and he wasn't giving in without a fight. He would have wreaked havoc on Annie and David's lives. I do feel bad for Amber, but telling the Consulate people that she "wanted to learn English" really wasn't much of a compelling reason to allow her to come to the United States. 

Yeah.  First of all you can learn English there.  Second, if that reason were sufficient everyone would be applying.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah.  First of all you can learn English there.  Second, if that reason were sufficient everyone would be applying.

Didn't David teach English when he lived in Thailand?

When Jordan ran into the forest and hid the first time it was clear to me that it was his way of saying that he wasn't ready to move to the US. I don't know why none of them realized it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4

Jordan is acting exactly like a snotty teenager who's being made to do something he's lukewarm at best about. How do I know? Because I see echoes of myself 35 years ago when I look at him. He's in with a bad crowd and Annie's hoping America will provide the change of scenery he needs. Sometimes these moves work, sometimes they don't.

As others have said, Amber (obviously the smarter of the two) understands the opportunity she's being given and wishes to take advantage of it.

Fountain Hills, where David and Annie live, is a very upscale suburb of Scottsdale. It's not the richest zip code in the greater Phoenix area (that would be Paradise Valley or Cave Creek), but it's close. My wife and I are considering moving there later this year. Good schools and very little opportunity for Jordan to fall in with wrong crowd, because there isn't really a "wrong crowd" to fall in with. It's the kind of town where panhandlers and other non-resident miscreants are picked up by the police, given a ride into Phoenix, and politely but firmly told to never come back.

• Love 3

I like Annie and David.  90 Day is my embarrassing addiction.  With so many fake couples on this franchise, it's nice to see a genuine success.  David's relationship with Annie's family is respectful and lovely.  I understand why his daughter may be jealous. Annie  shares a bit of  TMI but she's funny.   Seems down to earth.  

I don't want to hate on a kid but Jordan seems like a total little tool. I  think coming to the USA will not help him be less of a snotty rude teen.  

• Like 2

Amazing how a guy who didn't have his own pot to piss in & had to borrow his friends' pot when we first met him & then lived above a storage space office is now buying a new 4 bedroom house & flying the whole family first class. Annie has certainly brought or helped to change his lifestyle in a relatively short time.

• Like 1

Ashley " A man in his mid-fifties shouldn't be raising a teenager"

No, Ashley, becoming a parent in your early thirties is perfectly normal. Were you at least out of your teens when you became a parent?

• Like 1
On 12/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, Midwestern Lady said:

I don't want to hate on a kid but Jordan seems like a total little tool. I  think coming to the USA will not help him be less of a snotty rude teen

I don’t understand their obsession with bringing Jordan to the US since the little s**t obviously wants no part of it. He made that clear last season so why don’t they just concentrate on Amber? I can picture Jordan immediately falling in with the wrong crowd in America and making life a nightmare for David and Annie so if he turns down the opportunity they’re offering him, that’s on him. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I’m still not getting into Jordan and wanting him to return with them to the US. I just don’t see the appeal.  He doesn’t seem into it.  Maybe, they should wait a couple of years for him to mature.  

Were David and Annie serious about Annie getting pregnant?  😳 Isn’t David in his 50’s?  Does anyone know if David is doing anything in addition to working on the TLC shows? 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, endure said:

He stars in their spin off, also pillow talk and he does cameos and it says in the link they are worth 2.5 million which I just find a bit shocking considering how broke they were.  

I don’t believe that figure for a minute. Darcey is supposedly worth 2 million and David couldn’t possibly be worth more than her. Those estimates of wealth are always way off. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
On 2/14/2023 at 9:13 PM, magemaud said:

I don’t believe that figure for a minute. Darcey is supposedly worth 2 million and David couldn’t possibly be worth more than her. Those estimates of wealth are always way off. 

I don't know about that. David and Annie live in AZ yes? Lower housing prices than alot of other states. Annie is very good at marketing - she's had clothing ventures, cooking ventures, and I get the impression she's thrifty. And she cooks a lot at home. I think they could easily be worth that if 'worth' includes things like their home, car, etc.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1