Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nice Day For a Wicked Wedding

• Start Topic

On 1/13/2022 at 11:31 AM, Retired at last said:

I agree with the many who said that by now, all of them should have been married. This is the first time I watched, this season, and I am already thinking that these people won't make it. Alyssa with the 10 dresses was annoying. Lindsey was super annoying and unlikeable. The other women may be OK, but I didn't think the men were very attractive. Michael looked 100 times better without that strange square beard. I know that Olajuwon was an acquaintance of Jephte (who was before I started watching), but he reminded me of Woody, who I never warmed up to. Mark reminds me of AJ, another one I never cared for. I did think that the dresses were much prettier than last time. I will give it another week and see if they get to the honeymoon, or if we are still seeing the receptions. Five couples are way too many, given the way this show drags them out.

ETA - I forgot - which one of the men is unemployed?

I’ve come to the conclusion that they pick misfits for drama.  Either they are very spoiled, a drinker, a big mouth, no job, a player and bad skin.  I have a feeling that brat horse girl will bail.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Olaj reacted correctly when Katina made a face at what his family said about her being a good cook. He said they'd figure it out together. Let's see if it's true. I doubt it. I think he so was blinded by her beauty he would've said anything. 😅😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I cringed when Jasmina started her vows with what she could NOT promise. Yes. It was being funny, but there's something off-putting about negatives. Lindsey is also wayyy too negative. Telling Mark her dislikes & what not to do. That's another strike against her. There's a way to speak positively about negative things!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JapMo said:

I had an adverse reaction to Steve the minute I saw him.  

You and me both! Imagine my surprise when I went on Reddit and read so many comments about how good-looking Steve is! I don't see it.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

thought it was funny that she was having trouble getting his name, because I'm old enough that Hakeem Olajuwon rolls right off my tongue from watching him play basketball in college--it was always exciting when UT was playing the University of Houston because you'd get to see him, and marvel that the word "Olajuwon" was rolling off the tongues of Texans. 

Right!?

Fellow Texan here and "Olajuwon" is part of my vocabulary. I thought it was strange that Katina was having trouble saying it and so many commenters have trouble spelling it.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

You and me both! Imagine my surprise when I went on Reddit and read so many comments about how good-looking Steve is! I don't see it.

I think Steve is one of those guys whose looks will be polarizing.

In my community, sometimes mixed race people get fawned over for being good looking, even when they are not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Can they drag these episodes out any longer. I don't really need to see every person trying on several dresses and/or tuxes. These seasons go on way too long as it is.

I'm not really feeling any of these couples. I think Jasmina and Michael, and Steve and Noi have a shot maaaaybe. Olajuwon is going to be too much for Katina, and Lindsey is going to be too much for Mark. Forget Alyssa and Chris. I hate Alyssa already. Alyssa, honey, you don't get to choose from ten grooms, you don't need ten dresses. Plus, the cowboy boots seem like such an affectation.

I personally think Steve is attractive, and he seems pretty normal. No giant red flags. I thought Noi's mom was awesome. I love how Noi was so awed and appreciative about being in the bridal salon to try on dresses.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Kimboweena said:

On a MAFS Facebook page I follow, someone suggested that Alyssa resembles Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly). I see a little resemblance, what do you think?

Aah, it just occurred to me.  I think she looks like the folk singer Nanci Griffith. 

mgid:ao:image:cmt.com:699202?quality=0.8

I'm not familiar with iCarly, but if you had just shown me that photo of her, I would have guessed she was one of the Jenners.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, For Cereals said:

I see Meredith Salenger when she was younger.  I’m old.

I'm old and had to google who that was /is. 

I can see all the resemblances people are suggesting though I never thought of it ( certainly not Kendall Jenner but yeah I can see it). 

I must be the only one thinking well of Alyssa. I was taken with her when they were doing shots and she said something like "not for me". To me, that was refreshing and real. I am sure she knows how to party but probably just doesn't care to get wasted and there's that thing with a camera filming it all. Anyway, I guess we'll see how it plays out but I also though Lindsay was a nightmare so I automatically sided with Alyssa.

• Love 3