Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nice Day For a Wicked Wedding

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Ms.C. said:

West Coast so haven’t seen but this season scares me a little. I hate seeing people humiliated.  Didn’t watch every episode last year. This season looks worse.  Not sure I’m up to it.   I don’t comment a lot bc seems like I change my mind, eat my words, later. LOL!

So what.  Join the club. Lol. 😀 I change my mind every week.  Now, I like them .. next week I’ll probably hate some.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

I'm a lifelong Bostonian and am not a snob. lol. Alyssa is probably from some suburb in Massachusetts.  I have met folks that live 50 miles from Boston who say they are from Boston. If Alyssa even lives in Boston, she is probably a transplant and brought her snobby attitude with her. She's probably on the show to get hits on her social media.  I don't like her and her better-than-you attitude. 

It’s funny you should say that.  I live in the Big Apple and my Cousins live in Massachusetts, near Boston.  They’ve always had this attitude they were better than us.  They were afraid to come to New York, like I lived in the Getto.  Meanwhile, my kids went to great colleges, worked on Wall Street, and we live in an expensive neighborhood on the Island near the City.

• Love 4

I agree with the many who said that by now, all of them should have been married. This is the first time I watched, this season, and I am already thinking that these people won't make it. Alyssa with the 10 dresses was annoying. Lindsey was super annoying and unlikeable. The other women may be OK, but I didn't think the men were very attractive. Michael looked 100 times better without that strange square beard. I know that Olajuwon was an acquaintance of Jephte (who was before I started watching), but he reminded me of Woody, who I never warmed up to. Mark reminds me of AJ, another one I never cared for. I did think that the dresses were much prettier than last time. I will give it another week and see if they get to the honeymoon, or if we are still seeing the receptions. Five couples are way too many, given the way this show drags them out.

ETA - I forgot - which one of the men is unemployed?

Edited by Retired at last
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, OFDgal said:

'm a lifelong Bostonian and am not a snob. lol. Alyssa is probably from some suburb in Massachusetts.  I have met folks that live 50 miles from Boston who say they are from Boston.

I’m going to guess she lives in Lincoln or Weston (maybe Wellesley, Concord, Sherborn or Dover), all extremely upscale communities. Last week, she met with her friends (and her mother, who I believe was once her father—we’ll see next week) at Lookout Farm in Natick. 

Olajuwon is exhausting and doesn’t know how to stop talking about himself. My ears were starting to bleed. That marriage isn't going to last long, especially since he won’t stop apologizing for his promiscuity which he suddenly realized wasn’t the right path for him about three weeks ago.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

ETA - I forgot - which one of the men is unemployed?

Steve, the one marrying Noi.

12 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Olajuwon is exhausting and doesn’t know how to stop talking about himself. My ears were starting to bleed. That marriage isn't going to last long, especially since he won’t stop apologizing for his promiscuity which he suddenly realized wasn’t the right path for him about three weeks ago.

It was telling that he said he felt like all his “sins had been forgiven” after he got married.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

The Afterparty is only a half hour but for some reason my DVR records one hour.  The next half hour is the first half hour of the episode which already aired earlier.

My DVR does the same!!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Nothing like embarrassingly fishing for a compliment, Olajuwon 🙄

She should've complimented him! Reassure the man! Goes both ways! She wanted him to say something & he did, REPEATEDLY, but she was mute. Come on! 😅😂

• Love 4
15 hours ago, spunky said:

The Minister did not seem impressed by Olajuwan. Katina looks like she's ready to run in the other direction after their first conversation.

What conversation? Just looked like Olaj rambling on & on & on & on... like Lindsey. Their poor spouses! 😂😂 At least Lindsey asked her husband questions. Olaj didn't ask Katina anything & didn't toast to the new marriage & asked for another kiss!!! That was the creepiest EVAR!!! BAD SIGN!!! He didn't care to know anything about her & resorted to physical. Again. BAD SIGN!!! He should've been on Unmatchables. I'm getting MAJOR shallow, fboy vibes!

• Love 8

Jasmina is gorgeous and she chose a perfect gown. Seriously one of the best bridal looks ever. I'm hopeful for Michael and Jasmina. They both seem like kind people who want the same things out of a marriage. I'm rooting for them.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Katina's voice…. Manly, harsh, I don’t like it. It doesn’t fit her at all.  

Maybe that's why she was silent around Olaj. 😉😂 I was trying to figure out if she sounded like a smoker. Her mom looked better than her at the dress shopping. Her dress was ugly. Everyone's dress is ugly, except Jasmina's. The lingerie top looks so bad. I don't get the appeal. They're all so flat, except Lindsey, so those cups look even more ridiculous. If the tops were solid, they'd look a little better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

What conversation? Just looked like Olaj rambling on & on & on & on... like Lindsey. Their poor spouses! 😂😂 At least Lindsey asked her husband questions. Olaj didn't ask Katina anything & didn't toast to the new marriage & asked for another kiss!!! That was the creepiest EVAR!!! BAD SIGN!!! He didn't care to know anything about her & resorted to physical. Again. BAD SIGN!!! He should've been on Unmatchables. I'm getting MAJOR shallow, fboy vibes!

Well it was conversation, it was just one-sided. I'm sure in his mind they had a great conversation 😂. He said something about taking 2 years off of dating to focus on himself.  What he really meant was COVID forced him to stay indoors.

Edited by spunky
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3

Olaj could've used a barber. Both Michael & Steve did & they didn't look like they needed one. Michael needs one for his beard. It makes him look smaller. Both Michael & Olaj have great bodies & so do their wives. They should team up! 😅😂 Maybe add Steve & Noi. Olaj has the biggest personality of them all. I can't wait to see him & Lindsey interact. Who will try to outdo the other? 🤔

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I agree with whoever said she seems controlling and like a typical Boston snob.  I think she is also anal and perfectionistic.  Which begs the question as to why someone that fussy and particular would agree to be married to someone sight unseen.  

100%. She might be nice(r) if she removed the giant stick up her ass. When will they learn inflexible people are terrible at this game show social experiment farce. Let me remind everyone the last bride that sat pouting at the bachelorette party was Christina (married to Henry). Not a good look. I feel a little bad for Chris, but something seems off about him too. Like he's prepping for a business meeting or something. I don't understand him, but he seems nice enough that he doesn't deserved to get saddled (see what I did there?) with this woman who is going to make up her mind before she even makes down the path to the altar.  Maybe someone can give her Houston Ryan's number - he might be more up her alley....

Lindsey is gross. MTS deserved better. They are both so extra but in different ways they are going to explode spectacularly. I am kind of here for it.

I really hope Jasmina can give Michael a chance, Marvel notwithstanding. He and his fam seem so lovely. She knows her picker is broken. If she can see how nice this man is, maybe they have a chance. I am getting a Karen/Miles vibe here. I loved seeing how happy he was with her, as he should be. Jasmina is stunning. I think he looks better in the pictures they showed without a beard, but that's the style these days. I do think he's the most handsome groom this season. I hope the spark grows - I am rooting for this pair.

Olajuwon and Katina are not going to make it. He thinks he loves her because she is pretty, and maybe it's just the editing, but she was not giving him anything after the ceremony. I know they edited the segment to look like he was just talking and talking, but when they showed a pause, she was just standing there with a glazed over look and a frozen smile. He might have just been talking to fill the awkward silence. Is she all looks no brains? Not sure yet. She did make a beautiful bride - maybe the prettiest since Iris.

Noi and Steve seem like nice people, but I just don't know that they will like each other. I don't think she's going to be impressed by his lack of a job, that's for sure. I hope this is just something he's doing not because he has no choice but because he can. And that make up artist should have been fired. She made Noi look like a drag queen with the 20 pounds of makeup and eye shadow. As someone who had bad skin in my younger years, I can say that caking on makeup actually emphasizes it instead of hiding it. Her lashes looked horrible. From the side it looked like she had two rows of lashes on each eye. Still, I hope they like each other because otherwise this season is looking bleak......

• Love 6

Usually after the ceremony, when they go off just the two of them to have a glass of champagne (boy, there is a LOT of champagne on this show), they ask each other questions and we actually learn something about them.  Not last night!  Either there was a total lack of curiosity or they edited that out for some reason.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Other than the really nice wedding decor and dresses, this season isn't looking super great so far 😬

Olajuwon and Katina seem doomed.  He's in love with himself and convincing everybody that's he's not a cheater.  So he'll definitely cheat.  I like Katina, but that hair! Ugh!  It's everywhere!

I also like Noi but Steve will be problematic with his unemployment and his really high opinion of himself. Sir, you took a road trip to Florida.  You're not some world traveler. Noi needs less makeup, more self confidence.

MTS and Lindsey will be our entertainment. What a shitshow. Did you know he's called Mark the Shark? Did you? Lindsay asking him about his father's death during the pictures was so insensitive.

Mike and Jasmina have the best chance I think. I love her, like I want to be friends with her and watch Marvel.  She's not 100% sure about him, but the girl has been through a lot of trauma. I think she'll be cautious but come around.

I will reserve judgment on Alyssa and Chris until next week...looks fun!

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Who was the guy that stood up at Steve’s wedding with the black roots and orange curly hair? Couldn’t he have done something to look nice for the wedding? It looked like spilled ink on the top of his head.

Yes, I forgot about him. I was thinking that he looked either Bozo the Clown (yes, I am dating myself) or that cartoon kid in the Incredibles movie.

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I'm betting Alyssa's ten wedding gowns were bought at a Boston tradition - the annual Running of the Brides (ROTB) at Filene's Basement.  Dresses range from $99 - $700, buy as many as you wish.  In fact, many prospective brides buy several and then sell them for good profits online.  

For those not familiar, brides/family/friends line up outside Filene's well before the store opens, waiting for the rush as doors open.  They grab whatever they can, try on and trade-off as necessary.  It's a zoo, but lots of fun!  I took part once with a prospective daughter-in-law, who bought three dresses, none of which she wore for her wedding.

Here's a news video of the event:

Edited by Tunia
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Who was the guy that stood up at Steve’s wedding with the black roots and orange curly hair? Couldn’t he have done something to look nice for the wedding? It looked like spilled ink on the top of his head.

Do you mean Steve's older brother Dan? In a previous episode he was wearing a shirt that said "seksi" with the Pepsi logo. 

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I’m also a lifelong Bostonian.  I guess I didn’t necessarily mean a “Boston” snob as if  she’s from Boston proper.  I meant more of a Boston suburb snob.  Like Duxbury or Wellesley.  Lindsey mentioned on the after show that Alyssa shouldn’t be  on the show, she already had her life planned out and that she only wanted to live in Scituate.  Boston is a tough place to date because people from here don’t want to move out of their area.  North shore people don’t want to live on the south shore and vice versa and I think Alyssa falls into that category. 

Exactly.  We think the same about "Boston snobs" not being from Boston.  I don't even visit my cousin who moved to East Boston because it sucks going through the traffic from Dorchester.  Mark said something about being from the south shore and Lindsey said she was from north of Boston so those two would never have met due to north/south preferences. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tunia said:

I'm betting Alyssa's ten wedding gowns were bought at a Boston tradition - the annual Running of the Brides (ROTB) at Filene's Basement.  Dresses range from $99 - $700, buy as many as you wish.  In fact, many prospective brides buy several and then sell them for good profits online.  

For those not familiar, brides/family/friends line up outside Filene's well before the store opens, waiting for the rush as doors open.  They grab whatever they can, try on and trade-off as necessary.  It's a zoo, but lots of fun!  I took part once with a prospective daughter-in-law, who bought three dresses, none of which she wore for her wedding.

Here's a news video of the event:

I didn't realize this still went on - didn't Filene's Basement go bankrupt?

I assume Alyssa bought the dresses off the rack somewhere. I hope so, because those are the only ones you can return - if you buy a wedding gown at a high-end bridal salon, you can't return it even if you end up not using it. I remember watching Say Yes to the Dress and a bride got dumped and she'd already put down a deposit on the dress. You do not get your deposit back, ever. Her options were to forfeit the deposit and leave the dress, or pay the balance and buy the dress and hope she gets to wear it one day (and one day soon, because dresses go out of style). She ended up buying it.

... Wonder what Lindsey did with her wedding dress from her called-off wedding? If it were me I'd try to sell it.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Well color me embarrassed!  You're absolutely right.  Cancel previous message! <blush>

On 1/12/2022 at 9:12 PM, Empress1 said:

Did I hear Alyssa right that she bought ten wedding dresses? Girl, what?!

On 1/12/2022 at 11:46 PM, buttersister said:

My expectations are pretty low and it’s too early to say for some of these couples (heh, Alyssa), but tonight’s brides looked beautiful at the altar.

On 1/13/2022 at 12:48 AM, Blissfool said:

Steve has a very angular face and his eyes are too close together. When I first saw him in the matchmaking episode I thought he was very unattractive, but I guess I'm getting used to his sharply angled face because now I thing he's alright.

Sunlight and shadows are not friendly to Noi's skin, with or without makeup. 

It seemed to me that Noi is not very close to her parents. Their hugs seemed cold and "the thing to do."

Me too! It is my favoritist guilty pleasure. Yesterday, I announced to my family "tomorrow's my favorite show and it's wedding time!" I got weird looks.

I could watch hours and hours of it.

Very beautiful. Michael and Olajuwon were so giddy and happy with their wives' appearance, rightfully so. Michael described Jasmina perfectly as a Black Barbie.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:22 AM, kikicat said:

Jasmina and Katina are real stunners. Katina's gown was lovely.

I do think that Jasmina and Katina looked stunning. Jasmina’s look was on point but it sucked that she got so nervous right when she was about to go down the aisle. I liked her hair ornament.

Noi is adorable but the make up did no favors to her skin.

One of the brides had the most gigantic bouquets I have ever seen. It almost looked like she was carrying an altar.

The previews make it look like Alyssa gives up on her wedding day. I don’t think we have ever had that happen before. That is a really terrible thing to do to someone unless he say something truly horrible (like hi…I’m a Neo Nazi).

Of course, they often mislead us with the editing.

Alyssa reminds me of Kendall Jenner.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Does anyone get married in a Church anymore?  The wedding places looked cheap and tacky.  Horrible scenery.

Not on this show. They get married at the same place as the reception.

• Love 1

Only four wedding in five hours.  At this rate they won’t be on their honeymoons before Valentine’s Day.  Jasmina is stunning.  However, she seems insecure. I couldn’t believe Michael had the audacity to say that she is his type. With all due respect, I don’t find him the least bit attractive.  I don’t think they will make it.

So, they matched the woman who was born in a refugee camp with a man who is unemployed. Every time I think these “experts” can’t  get more brainless; they surprise me.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Tunia said:
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Well color me embarrassed!  You're absolutely right.  Cancel previous message! <blush>

Yes, sadly Filene's went out of business years ago.  The last Running of the Brides was in 2011.  I used to love watching it on those wedding gown shows on TLC.  What a mad rush that was!  I miss Filene's.  We had them around me but they all turned into Macy's when Filene's closed around 2007 or so.  Filene's Basement followed suit.

• Love 2

OH DEAR GOD! THEY ONLY AIRED TWO MORE WEDDINGS!! WTF?!?!!! That makes THREE episodes to air all the weddings!!! Again. WTF?!!! 😲😤 It's taking wayyy too long! It's weird seeing producers talk to the participants. That could've been cut. So they told them to go get married. SO WHAT?

• Love 2

WHY is Olaj crying???? WHY did he hug a producer?? He seems so needy! Is he another Zack? I can't handle that. Hopefully, Katina isn't another Michaela. I definitely couldn't handle that. 😅😂 All those people & NO ONE straightened his bow tie?!! 

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 3

Random thoughts:

Katina looked so good when she tried on the rare dress that had real sleeves to cover up her tattooed one. I guess it worked out all right since he likes tattoos. I'm not a fan of tattoos unless they're small and inconspicuous. I didn't like any of their final dress picks. I think the first one Alyssa tried on (not one of the 10 others she had!) was the most flattering.

Poor Noi has really bad skin, which even the caked on makeup didn't totally disguise, and I would hate to have to be in an outdoor ceremony in full daylight, which is very unforgiving.

Olejuwon chatters endlessly, says he's a lot to handle, and downs a glass of champagne in a few seconds. I can't be the only one who thought he should have been matched with Lindsey!

I really, really hope Steve's brother, Brad, is just working the children's party circuit as a clown because that's the only rationale I can think of for that...that...hair! If so, he needs to stop with the method acting and just get a damn wig!

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Michael didn't toast the new marriage, but he carried Jasmina's train. Good on Jasmina for calling him out RIGHT THEN & being sarcastic about it! Olaj didn't toast, but clinked glasses, held her HUGE bouquet & asked for another kiss. 😅 That was too nice of Katina to oblige. I wish she would've turned him down & had him say a toast. His ego probably wouldn't have been able to handle it though. Katina needs to stop looking up & sticking out her chin, that's a terrible angle!

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 1
On 1/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, MyTwoCents said:

Ok, I don’t think Alyssa is going to make it. And she hasn’t even picked a wedding dress yet. I’ll take bets on how many days she lasts.

Who buys 10 wedding dresses before they go wedding dress shopping, just in case?

10 seems obsessive, but I dont blame her for not trusting MAFS to find her wedding dress.  Did you see the polyester tuxedoes that they made the guys wear?  I would buy/rent my own tux rather than wear that.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Thats Steve's bro, though they look nothing alike. Thats his look.  He is not faking who he is.  I like it.  But I live in LA where everybody has their look, and nothing is uniformed. My girlfriend had 5 colors in her hair last summer done by this guy.
https://hairlosangeles.com/pages/daniel-moon

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Lindz said:

WHY is Olaj crying???? WHY did he hug a producer?? He seems so needy! Is he another Zack? I can't handle that. Hopefully, Katina isn't another Michaela. I definitely couldn't handle that. 😅😂 All those people & NO ONE straightened his bow tie?!! 

I was also waiting for someone to fix that crooked tie.  lol  Also, I love your avatar.

Edited by OFDgal
  • Love 3

I don't understand the whole "high energy" thing with Lindsey. She's just someone with no filter. I know she was trying to be funny, but that was a mean thing to say about the age of Mark's cats.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

I nominate Olaj asking for another kiss for MOST AWKWARD, CRINGIEST MOMENT in MAFS history. 😂😂 It would've been acceptable if it was during pics, but asking for a kiss instead of asking about her was so bad.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Does anyone get married in a Church anymore?  The wedding places looked cheap and tacky.  Horrible scenery.

I don't think that any reputable church would agree to the MAFS thing. Most of them require that the couple participate in pre-marital counseling and in the Catholic church, both members of the couple have to be Catholics in good standing and eligible to be married in the church (so no divorced people). Plus it's just easier to plan the whole shebang in one venue.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Yes, I forgot about him. I was thinking that he looked either Bozo the Clown (yes, I am dating myself) or that cartoon kid in the Incredibles movie.

I told my 22 year old son, who upon seeing him immediately commented "that guy has just given up and I respect that," that he looked like Bozo, but if Bozo had fallen on hard times and couldn't afford his hair dye!

10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Yes, sadly Filene's went out of business years ago.  The last Running of the Brides was in 2011.  I used to love watching it on those wedding gown shows on TLC.  What a mad rush that was!  I miss Filene's.  We had them around me but they all turned into Macy's when Filene's closed around 2007 or so.  Filene's Basement followed suit.

I miss Loehmann's too.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 1/13/2022 at 7:31 AM, Empress1 said:

(this is not the best-looking group of men the show has had)

LOL, you said what we all thought.  

I had an adverse reaction to Steve the minute I saw him.  He reminds me of...I think his name was Tom, who might have lived on a boat...and he was matched with that go getter real estate gal.  Lillian?  Anyway, both these guys give/gave me a sleazy vibe.  If I walked down the altar seeing them, I would stop dead in my tracks and say uh uh...no way. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2022 at 2:21 AM, endure said:

In one scene it showed a photo of him without a beard and he looked pretty sweet.  Weren’t two of her wants, tall and bearded? 

If I were her, I'd be saying, "But not THAT beard."  I wouldn't be able to get past it.  Like literally, I wouldn't be able to get past it to get to his face because it sticks out so far.

On 1/13/2022 at 10:46 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought it was funny that she was having trouble getting his name, because I'm old enough that Hakeem Olajuwon rolls right off my tongue from watching him play basketball in college--it was always exciting when UT was playing the University of Houston because you'd get to see him, and marvel that the word "Olajuwon" was rolling off the tongues of Texans. 

However, I find it endlessly irritating that MAFS Olajuwon has had this 180-degree lifestyle transformation, and hasn't tried it out on any regular women to see if it can stick.  At least with them, they're still just dating and things go south all the time and you break up and move on.  But at this point, it's an untested theory, which he's going to try out with some poor unsuspecting stranger. 

On 1/12/2022 at 11:48 PM, Blissfool said:

Steve has a very angular face and his eyes are too close together. When I first saw him in the matchmaking episode I thought he was very unattractive, but I guess I'm getting used to his sharply angled face because now I thing he's alright.

You didn't mention his ears.  There was a shot of him from behind, in silhouette, with those jug handles sticking out. 

21 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think she's going to be impressed by his lack of a job, that's for sure. I hope this is just something he's doing not because he has no choice but because he can.

It sounds like he's choosing it.  He got laid off (maybe due to Covid--I'm not sure) and wasn't thrilled about spending the winter in Boston and decided to take a four-month trip down the east coast to Florida.  I get the impression he can get another job whenever he wants. 

It also sounds like he was traveling on the cheap, staying in his car.  Taking this trip instead of immediately trying to get another job when the job market was tight sounds like a pretty good choice, especially if he was collecting unemployment.  I'm sure there are LOTS of people who would like to take a few months off to travel but just can't swing it.  He apparently could, so good for him for figuring out it was something he'd like to do and taking the opportunity when it presented itself.

9 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm not a fan of tattoos unless they're small and inconspicuous.

I have been a fan of exactly one tattoo in my entire life--back in the 1980s, a friend got drunk in a border town in Mexico and had a 1-inch random hot air balloon tattooed on the bottom of her foot. 

• Love 2

I think Katina is stunning, but there’s something about the way she talks….maybe it’s her language?  That makes her sound not very bright.  I’m sure she’s smart.   I just think her way of speaking is more 19-year-old-girl than a woman. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

If I were her, I'd be saying, "But not THAT beard."  I wouldn't be able to get past it.  Like literally, I wouldn't be able to get past it to get to his face because it sticks out so far.

I thought it was funny that she was having trouble getting his name, because I'm old enough that Hakeem Olajuwon rolls right off my tongue from watching him play basketball in college--it was always exciting when UT was playing the University of Houston because you'd get to see him, and marvel that the word "Olajuwon" was rolling off the tongues of Texans. 

However, I find it endlessly irritating that MAFS Olajuwon has had this 180-degree lifestyle transformation, and hasn't tried it out on any regular women to see if it can stick.  At least with them, they're still just dating and things go south all the time and you break up and move on.  But at this point, it's an untested theory, which he's going to try out with some poor unsuspecting stranger. 

You didn't mention his ears.  There was a shot of him from behind, in silhouette, with those jug handles sticking out. 

It sounds like he's choosing it.  He got laid off (maybe due to Covid--I'm not sure) and wasn't thrilled about spending the winter in Boston and decided to take a four-month trip down the east coast to Florida.  I get the impression he can get another job whenever he wants. 

It also sounds like he was traveling on the cheap, staying in his car.  Taking this trip instead of immediately trying to get another job when the job market was tight sounds like a pretty good choice, especially if he was collecting unemployment.  I'm sure there are LOTS of people who would like to take a few months off to travel but just can't swing it.  He apparently could, so good for him for figuring out it was something he'd like to do and taking the opportunity when it presented itself.

I have been a fan of exactly one tattoo in my entire life--back in the 1980s, a friend got drunk in a border town in Mexico and had a 1-inch random hot air balloon tattooed on the bottom of her foot. 

I love Katina's tattoo.  I dislike OJs tattoos. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

10 seems obsessive, but I dont blame her for not trusting MAFS to find her wedding dress.  Did you see the polyester tuxedoes that they made the guys wear?  I would buy/rent my own tux rather than wear that.

Yeah, but if you wouldn't trust them to find your wedding dress, why would you trust them to find your spouse?

• LOL 8
  • Love 9