Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nice Day For a Wicked Wedding

• Start Topic

One couple has said "I do," but four other sets of strangers prepare for the biggest day of their lives.  Stress builds, and reality sets in, leaving the bride unsure of her decision, while an independent groom hopes he's ready to settle down to married life.

Airs Wednesday Jan 12, 2022, at 8:00PM EST.

14 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I love that Michael is wearing the breast cancer ribbon symbol in honor of his mom on his wedding day. 
It’s sad Jasmina is so unhappy and scared. 

Yes, and I loved seeing his village around him, and I loved that they jumped the broom.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Uh oh, Jasmina's not physically attracted to Michael.  Like she said, we'll see how it goes.

She shouldn’t have gone on then.  He’s everything she wanted.  Seems like a real good guy.  Don’t like the beard tho.

• Love 10

Jasmina seems a little nervous, but I think she'll come around. Them both being of West Indian decent may play a positive role in their marriage.  Even though every island is different,  we usually have some cultural similarities. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Noi seems like a sweetheart. I just hope Steve isn’t looking at married as another things to do on his bucket list. I traveled for four months, check, get married, check.

Olajuwon’s family seems skeptical about him getting married at all. 

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe Jasmina has always chosen lookers. Give Michael a chance. He seems like a good man that is well loved by family and friends!

He looked much better without the beard.  A real catch in every area imo.

• Love 12
Just now, MyTwoCents said:

I really don’t think Olajuwon is all that great looking. Am I missing something? Aside from his six-pack. I don’t remember thinking that about him before now, so maybe just watching who he is, is making him less and less attractive to me.

Yes, when I first saw him, I thought he was attractive (minus the tats and haircut) because I thought he had a nice face and body.  Now that I've seen more of his personality, especially about the cooking stuff, not so much.

One of Katina's bridesmaids seriously needs braces.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:

I really don’t think Olajuwon is all that great looking. Am I missing something? Aside from his six-pack. I don’t remember thinking that about him before now, so maybe just watching who he is, is making him less and less attractive to me.

Well, he’s not as good looking as HE thinks he is though I think he’s better looking then the other guys to me.  I don’t think he’s marriage material at this point, but I think he’ll be smitten with her until the real world creeps in they have to work at it.
Alyssa is a mess.  She’s way too picky and buying ten wedding dresses ahead of time makes me think she is pretty controlling and perfectionistic.

• Love 15

OMG Noi's shoes!  I hope she doesn't break her ankles in those things.

3 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Katinas voice…. Manly, harsh, I don’t like it. It doesn’t fit her at all.  

Yeah, her voice annoys me, too.  Too harsh.

• Love 3

I think Noi looks better without makeup.  It seemed like the makeup really accentuated her skin issues.  I really like this couple.  Her bridesmaid with the pink hair needs a bra. 

I also really like Katrina and Michael.  They both seem like nice people.  

I like O’s sister in law a lot more than I like him.  The scene with him and his new wife was so awkward but I don’t think she helped the situation either.  You have no questions for your new husband.  “Where do u live?  Where do you work?  How old are you?  Why did you do this?”  Anything besides awkward silence. 

Alyssa seems like a typical Boston snob.  I live here and she is just such a stereotype.  I think she thinks she’s unique and easygoing because she wants to live on a farm but a  farm around Boston will cost you an easy $2-3 million. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

Does anyone know the (cultural?) significance of the yellow and white checked sashes worn by Noi’s father and brother? 
Agree about the heavy makeup accentuating Noi’s skin issues. Not doing her any favors. 
Looks like Lyndsey is getting riled up (liquored) at her wedding reception. Poor Mark. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8

I don’t believe the show cut out the minute the last couple of the night were ready to go down the aisle.  Bummer.  Too many commercials also.    Those were some big bouquets the brides were carrying.  Beautiful, but big.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 8

West Coast so haven’t seen but this season scares me a little. I hate seeing people humiliated.  Didn’t watch every episode last year. This season looks worse.  Not sure I’m up to it.   I don’t comment a lot bc seems like I change my mind, eat my words, later. LOL!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

This should have been 3 hours and have and finish up all the weddings!

Heck I waited all week for this!  Yep still loving Married At First Sight!

They didn't need three hours to finish the weddings. With 5 hours in 2 weeks we should honestly be done with all their receptions and weddings. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Noi’s skin looks rough with all that makeup caked on. 
Steve has a very intense nose. 

Steve has a very angular face and his eyes are too close together. When I first saw him in the matchmaking episode I thought he was very unattractive, but I guess I'm getting used to his sharply angled face because now I thing he's alright.

Sunlight and shadows are not friendly to Noi's skin, with or without makeup. 

It seemed to me that Noi is not very close to her parents. Their hugs seemed cold and "the thing to do."

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

This should have been 3 hours and have and finish up all the weddings!

Heck I waited all week for this!  Yep still loving Married At First Sight!

Me too! It is my favoritist guilty pleasure. Yesterday, I announced to my family "tomorrow's my favorite show and it's wedding time!" I got weird looks.

I could watch hours and hours of it.

51 minutes ago, buttersister said:

My expectations are pretty low and it’s too early to say for some of these couples (heh, Alyssa), but tonight’s brides looked beautiful at the altar.

Very beautiful. Michael and Olajuwon were so giddy and happy with their wives' appearance, rightfully so. Michael described Jasmina perfectly as a Black Barbie.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Who buys 10 wedding dresses before they go wedding dress shopping, just in case?

Is Alyssa independently wealthy, or what? I don't remember if they mentioned her profession. Can't imagine there's any money in dog rescue. Does she own a facility of some kind or is it just a hobby? From something she said, it sounded more like occasionally she comes across a stray dog and finds it a home. 

My family has rescued many pets that way but we don't claim it as an occupation, lol. Once my mother came home with a cat a guy had dumped out of his truck in a blizzard. We called him Nine Lives Leroy. He survived a dog attack, a poison frog, being trapped in a bin of dog food with no air, and a week-long disappearance that left him starved and broken-legged (I had searched woods and fields for days). To tie this back into the topic, I'll just say, "Top that, Alyssa!"

Maybe she'll like her groom more if he uses puppy dog eyes on her?

Anything's better than Mark's bug eyes. He'd look much better if he stopped doing that. As for beepity-beep Lindsey...I have no !&*% words.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Very beautiful. Michael and Olajuwon were so giddy and happy with their wives' appearance, rightfully so. Michael described Jasmina perfectly as a Black Barbie.

Jasmina and Katina are real stunners. Katina's gown was lovely.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

They didn't need three hours to finish the weddings. With 5 hours in 2 weeks we should honestly be done with all their receptions and weddings. 

I know, it seems like they drag it out more every season.  With all the commercials they've crammed into those 5 hours now it's like we've only seen 3 hour of show.  The commercial breaks on the 3 hour shows were 5 minutes each while the breaks on the 2 hour shows are 4 minutes.  It's no wonder we still haven't seen all the weddings!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

Wow! After watching next week’s scenes, I can’t believe that my bet may become moot and Alyssa doesn’t even get through the first day! 

Maybe that's why they've saved their wedding for last.  Alyssa strikes me as one who thinks her shit don't stink and that she's better looking than to get a match like Chris.  They might get through the first day but we might be in for a meltdown or other drama when she is inevitably disappointed at the altar.

I agree with whoever said she seems controlling and like a typical Boston snob.  I think she is also anal and perfectionistic.  Which begs the question as to why someone that fussy and particular would agree to be married to someone sight unseen.  

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He looked much better without the beard.  A real catch in every area imo.

I agree that Michael should either lose the beard or trim it more attractively.  That look does him no favors.  He is much better looking under that hair.  He also seems like a nice guy but a little overwhelmed at Jasmina's stunning beauty.  I hope he gets over it.  They were a little awkward together.  I hope that passes too.

4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Those were some big bouquets the brides were carrying.  Beautiful, but big.

What were all those crazy bent stems in Jasmina's bouquet?  I couldn't figure that out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She shouldn’t have gone on then.  He’s everything she wanted.  Seems like a real good guy.  Don’t like the beard tho.

In one scene it showed a photo of him without a beard and he looked pretty sweet.  Weren’t two of her wants, tall and bearded?  I really want the best for him.

6 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

And now Olajuwon is crying. 🙄 

Maybe they should have matched him with Jasmina and they could freak out together.

I was thinking Lindsey and they could bounce off the walls together 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, endure said:

In one scene it showed a photo of him without a beard and he looked pretty sweet.  Weren’t two of her wants, tall and bearded?  I really want the best for him.

I couldn't decide whether Alyssa and Michael were the same height or if he was shorter than she is.  While they were standing together it looked different from every angle.  She might have been wearing heels, though.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I didn’t realize Noi had bad skin until I saw her made up for her wedding.

Jasmina is really beautiful but she needed color on her lips. And she’s funny! “You don’t like Marvel?!” I think binge-watching stuff the other person likes is a great way to get to know someone. I love doing that. Couldn’t be with someone who never watched TV or movies.

Ten Dress (!) Alyssa, who I like least (Lindsey is a lot but I think she’s nicer and warmer than Alyssa), is going to hate Chris. Actually I don’t think they’ll like each other. She won’t be attracted to him (this is not the best-looking group of men the show has had) and I think she’ll look down on him, and he’ll be put off by her personality.

5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I couldn't decide whether Alyssa and Michael were the same height or if he was shorter than she is.  While they were standing together it looked different from every angle.  She might have been wearing heels, though.

I think Jasmina and Michael are probably the same height barefoot but she had on heels for the wedding. Michael looks to be pretty short.

8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Totally agree. When I realized we were going back to the gown & tux shops with the remaining brides & grooms, I rolled my eyes and picked up a book. 5 hours, 5 couples, we should be done.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 6

I somehow thought last night was only 2 hours so I guess I did miss some stuff......I did see Jasmina though. I agree she is breathtakingly beautiful. From what I saw, it did look like they were both pleased with each other ( yes, he was over the moon but she seemed quite pleased and happy..). I thought I saw people commenting that was not the case so I wonder did I doze off even more than I thought?? 

Re Alyssa , I am not sure what exactly this means, but they said she was a social media something so who knows maybe she gets lots of perks and stuff. I do agree she seems very controlling but she seems genuine and not phony. Regarding the dog rescuing, she has been doing that I think for quite a few years and is pretty connected in the rescue world. I mean by that, she is the real deal as far as rescues go. I don't know much more about her and I don't know her, but I do know her rescue angle is legit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Alyssa seems like a typical Boston snob.  I live here and she is just such a stereotype.  I think she thinks she’s unique and easygoing because she wants to live on a farm but a  farm around Boston will cost you an easy $2-3 million. 

I'm a lifelong Bostonian and am not a snob. lol. Alyssa is probably from some suburb in Massachusetts.  I have met folks that live 50 miles from Boston who say they are from Boston. If Alyssa even lives in Boston, she is probably a transplant and brought her snobby attitude with her. She's probably on the show to get hits on her social media.  I don't like her and her better-than-you attitude. 

• Love 4

I don't hate Alyssa for buying 10 dresses.  She probably purchased them to try on at home, and will return them.  I'm sure the bridal stores are very accustomed to dealing with that.

In one year, I had 4 major events full formal events, with basically the same people attending all, so no dress repeats.  I purchased about a dozen dresses online, tried them all in the comfort of my own home, with my own Spanx (lol), shoes, etc., and returned what didn't work.

She does, however, have this very unsettling snobby air about her.  I noticed all of her friends had the same RBF.

She reminds me of that blond who married that guy who ended up with the sex therapist who used to be on the show.  Cold, cold, cold.

This will not work out.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I'm a lifelong Bostonian and am not a snob. lol. Alyssa is probably from some suburb in Massachusetts.  I have met folks that live 50 miles from Boston who say they are from Boston. If Alyssa even lives in Boston, she is probably a transplant and brought her snobby attitude with her. She's probably on the show to get hits on her social media.  I don't like her and her better-than-you attitude. 

I’m also a lifelong Bostonian.  I guess I didn’t necessarily mean a “Boston” snob as if  she’s from Boston proper.  I meant more of a Boston suburb snob.  Like Duxbury or Wellesley.  Lindsey mentioned on the after show that Alyssa shouldn’t be  on the show, she already had her life planned out and that she only wanted to live in Scituate.  Boston is a tough place to date because people from here don’t want to move out of their area.  North shore people don’t want to live on the south shore and vice versa and I think Alyssa falls into that category. 

She mentioned that she wanted great teeth (which he doesn’t have) and someone who could financially support her and her (expensive) hobbies.  He seems like a go-getter and is doing well in real estate but he also mentioned he has a lot of student debt.  I also think she thinks she is more attractive than she is.  She is a pretty girl but she expects her mate to be a 9/10.  Physically I think they are pretty well matched but she won’t see it that way  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Katie111 said:

He seems like a go-getter and is doing well in real estate but he also mentioned he has a lot of student debt.

And real estate is a profession where things can fluctuate (like all sales). He seems like he comes from a less affluent background than Alyssa, and I suspect Alyssa will look down on him for it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

I somehow thought last night was only 2 hours so I guess I did miss some stuff......I did see Jasmina though. I agree she is breathtakingly beautiful. From what I saw, it did look like they were both pleased with each other ( yes, he was over the moon but she seemed quite pleased and happy..). I thought I saw people commenting that was not the case so I wonder did I doze off even more than I thought?? 

The show was two hours. 

The "Afterparty" show (replacement for Unfiltered) was one hour.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rightside said:

The show was two hours. 

The "Afterparty" show (replacement for Unfiltered) was one hour.

The Afterparty is only a half hour but for some reason my DVR records one hour.  The next half hour is the first half hour of the episode which already aired earlier.

• Love 5