Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Chapter Three - The Streets of Mos Espa

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Dani said:

Generally, all clones are going to have accelerated degeneration because you are starting with adult chromosomes with shorter telomeres. Even without accelerated aging Boba would still have a shortened lifespan unless the Kaminos found away around that problem. It is unlikely they would have any incentive to solve that problem. 

Thanks! It makes sense that the Kaminos would not have worried about the shortened lifespan since Jango Fett’s clones were soldiers.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:51 AM, Msample said:

here its horizontal and spills water everywhere whenever he gets out. Seems rather messy and wasteful in a place where water is precious. 

OK, I went back and looked at the first ep. When Fennec woke Boba out of the tank, it drained properly into a reservoir before opening up. No spilling. Krrsantan performed an "expedited" opening process.

As for the fight with Krrsantan, did the cyborg kids' droid enhancements do anything??? Looks like they all fought with handheld weapons.

Last thing I'm gonna say about the egregiously stupid scene at City Hall -- the mayor's throne is directly dead center through the door from the lobby. Boba and Fennec should have been able to see that the throne was empty when the majordomo went in. These are failures of direction and set design as well as writing. Unless the point is that Boba and Fennec are mind-meltingly dumb, in which case everyone hit the mark.

The one thing that's definitely good about this show is running concept art in the credits sequence (which The Mandalorian also did). More genre shows should steal this move.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2022 at 9:14 AM, magdalene said:

They made me love this Tuscan tribe only to kill them off the very next episode. How naive am I for not having expected that so quickly.  Boba giving people a chance sure saved him in this episode when those teenagers he had just hired actually came to his aid.  Why is he not protected 24/7? Especially when he is in that tank. How could that Wookie just walk in like this?

This is the *best* (inadvertent?) misspelling I have seen in this forum!

Maybe the previous episode should have been named "Under the Tusken Sun"...

...and this one could have been renamed "The Streets of Mos Vespa"!

Edited by tkc
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, tkc said:

This is the *best* (inadvertent?) misspelling I have seen in this forum!

Maybe the previous episode should have been named "Under the Tusken Sun"...

Grins. Oh, yeah I was dreaming of Tuscany when I typed this. Or something. My Star Wars "knowledge"  is very limited. 

I am not correcting it. Laughs at self.

Edited by magdalene
  • Love 1
On 1/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, arc said:

As for the fight with Krrsantan, did the cyborg kids' droid enhancements do anything??? Looks like they all fought with handheld weapons.

If you spend all your credits on clothes and after-market Vespa parts from Watto, upgrading your implants is impossible.... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2022 at 12:19 AM, Athena5217 said:

Haha. My husband said they looked like Power Rangers too. They belong on a different Disney+ show. 

Part of me wondered if that was where this was going. If this was some sort of really bad back-door pilot for the teens to have thier own show about thier lives before the events of this episode. 

On 1/13/2022 at 11:15 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

The Book of Boba Fett: Chapter 3 - The Abercrombie and Fitch Gang

Abercrombie and Fitch is way too preppy and upscale for the bikers. The bikers are more Hot Topic/Spencer's Gifts. 

On 1/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, arc said:

I had the same thought. I was so excited to see what sort of cool moves and tech they had built into thier bodies from droids, but we didn't really see much of it. I had serious Back to the Future Part 2 vibes during the chase scene. 

• Love 1

My husband named baby rancor "Boba Pet" and I may love him more than ever now. Also, we agreed that Milton got his stapler taken away from him by Boba Lumburgh. Sorry to see Emo Chewie go. He probably just needs a hug.

Definite Back to the Future 2 vibes from the gang, as noted earlier.

Still watching. Hey, Danny Trejo!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I've seen a lot of people mention vespas, but I can't believe none of us thought to make a Mos Vespa joke.

@tkc did just a few posts ago:

On 1/14/2022 at 4:57 PM, tkc said:

• Useful 1

Star Wars as a franchise is in love with itself. Same planets, same species, same plots. A village burned when Luke, er, Fett returns. A Rancor is back. Untrustworthy politicians.

It has zero new to say.

“Everyone is waiting for a response.” You think?

BTW, why does this show and Mandalorian have their new own threads and Discovery and Picard get lumped under “Star Trek shows?”

The teen biker gang is clearly an attempt to appeal to young viewers who cannot identify with the older Fett. And yeah, it’s about merchandising. Star Wars usually is. 

I never realized how much Star Wars needs Danny Trejo until I saw him on screen. I legit cheered.

On 1/15/2022 at 3:44 PM, Sarah 103 said:

The bikers are more Hot Topic/Spencer's Gifts.

Yeah, they took me out of the episode a bit. Star Wars really has its own style and they don't seem to fit. Like the gal with the funky leather vest. Nothing about that vest says Star Wars to me. If I saw someone walking down the street wearing it I would think "cool vest", not "cool Star Wars vest".

• Love 3

After the anticipation of this series watching Mando, I must say I'm a little let down. 

Boba Fett is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe.  Much of it, IMO, was because of his mystique.  Who was the man behind that helmet?  What's his story?  Does he talk more than just to utter a few words and nod his head?

Now that we see the man, with the helmet off, with all the ARMOR off, in his boxer briefs...I kind of wish he never took it off.  I get that they don't want to pay an actor to star in a show and never even have to shave because he'd always have a helmet on.  But some of the mysteriousness of this character is now gone.  He's not a particularly good fighter.  He doesn't have many gadgets other than a jet pack.  He doesn't appear particularly fearsome.

Now he's got some kid biker gang that is supposed to protect him with a wristband slingshot?  Come on now.

The Hutt twins seem quite vulnerable being perched up on that platform.  So they have about 20 slow moving people carrying them everywhere.  What's to prevent anybody from just shooting them?  Who would defend them?  One man lets go and they would come tumbling down.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

The Hutt twins seem quite vulnerable being perched up on that platform.  So they have about 20 slow moving people carrying them everywhere.  What's to prevent anybody from just shooting them?  Who would defend them?  One man lets go and they would come tumbling down.

They are protected by criminal tradition. Boba needs permission from an unknown entity to kill them. Baby Rancor is traveling on an anti-gravity sled...maybe a unit capable of lifting 2 adult Hutts is not technically possible.

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

So those Yo Jabba Jabba Twins are they conjoined twins or two entities?

They looked separate to me, since I definitely saw two distinct tails- one in front and one in back. I guess they could be conjoined at their sides, but I'm not sure how that would look.

22 hours ago, greyhorse said:

He doesn't have many gadgets other than a jet pack.

he did in The Mandalorian s2! He had his anti-air backpack rocket, knee-mounted mini-missiles, a forearm/vambrace blaster… present-day Boba Fett in his own show has used precisely none of these things. I’m not sure he’s even ever aimed his gun at anyone, much less fired it.

I liked it.  Not as much as the previous episode.  The street gang is lame.

But Baby Rancor AND Danny Trejo?!  Sign me up for a duel of Fennec/Machete and anyone else.

However, the Tusken slaughter just killed me.  It really upset me to see the camera focusing on the body of Boba’s trainer, and then him and the (forgot name) ‘ ‘prehistoric mammoth’ walking away from the carnage.

(edited)

This episode clipped along at a brisker pace but I'm not sure about Boba Fett and his gang of misfits in a fight for a job that he wants because...?  As others have said, he doesn't seem particularly good at this job. 

The twins sent someone to kill him 15 minutes ago and now they're done with Tatooine?  

Why did they have to kill off that Tusken tribe?  Is that why Boba Fett now has a heart of gold, full of forgiveness and second chances?  Or was that because of all that time spent with Mando and Baby Yoda?   I'm surprised that wookie didn't just join his team immediately like those green guards and the colorful teenagers with those gosh darn gadgets. 

Fennec is an awesome fighter to watch but maybe it's time to put a pause on the Boba flashbacks and move on to her, or do we need to wait for her spinoff in 2025. 

Edited by Camera One
  • Applause 1